Lucedelsole

Edit edit edit

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_l_hr.16233.30317~2.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_l_hr.16233.30317~2.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Oddity

In a situation like this, you'd want either no reception (and no aspect), or you'd want L12 to receive L1.

That's because if L12 receives L1, it lets L1, the querent, do what he wants. If L1 receives L12, it would let the secret enemy do what he wants. Not a desireable situation.

Oddity

If you know who this person is and what they are doing, I would suggest that he or she is an open enemy, not a secret one.

waybread

Can you word this like a clear horary question? I'm thinking something like, "Is Mary secretly trying to take my husband away from me?" Then it would help to know if this woman is a friend, co-worker, casual acquaintance, &c. I think then the chart would more readily pop into place.

I do see some trouble here, simply looking at you as Jupiter and her as Mars (traditional ruler of the 12th) in your first house. Jupiter is in detriment and retrograde, and the moon is combust, so you feel in a weakened position about the relationship.

Although Mars and Jupiter appear to be applying to a nasty square (a showdown?) actually Mars will turn retrograde and sneak back into the 12th house, and Jupiter will turn direct, so the aspect never perfects.

Hubby is symbolized by Mercury-- and in the house of casual love affairs! Mercury does not apply to an aspect with Mars and does apply to a nice trine with Jupiter (you,) so I don't think this woman will be successful.

Oddity, if you have a moment, will you check my work here and let me know if you agree or disagree with it? Much appreciated.

JUPITERASC

If you know who this person is and what they are doing,
I would suggest that he or she is an open enemy, not a secret one.
makes sense
They do what they do in secret. It isn't "open".
NEVERTHELESS :smile:

if you are aware of the secret enemys IDENTITY/NAME

that they are DEFINITELY doing something dodgy in secret

then
he or she is no longer hidden or secret
but IS an open enemy

waybread

I'll stick with the 12th house on this one. This ex GF hasn't declared her intentions openly, hasn't confronted you, and there is a whiff of deception or secrets.

If we put her in the 7th house of open enemies, it gets a bit stickier, because that would also be the house of your husband.

JA, how would you read that one?

One astrology textbook that I find helpful is J. Lee Lehman, The Martial Art of Horary Astrology, because she organizes her chapters by house. Although the 12th includes enemies one doesn't know about, it also includes someone "masquerading as neutral or positive toward the querent." You don't actually know if this woman does have designs on your husband, do you? Isn't it more that your suspicions are aroused?

I included Mercury applying to Jupiter because there isn't any other interference from another planet via another major aspect, and it moves quickly.

I think it's helpful in horary to focus on the main indicators. I mean, you might be symbolized by Venus yourself, as much as this lady. If she were your friend, and symbolized by Venus as ruler of the 11th, then I still don't see the chart showing her as a serious threat. As you pointed out, Venus is in its fall. It makes no aspect to Mercury (husband) and is fixing to square Mars.

I'm no doubt missing a lot here, but I was told by a good horary astrologer that aspects are the main thing when you find them.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
What house is social media? Would it be 3 or 11?

I think she tries to look better than me. We are both attractive women. I think it bothers her that I'm attractive. She also changed the shape of her eyebrows too. My eyes/eyebrows are the one feature I have that are definitely more attractive than her. She used to have straight eyebrows...they didn't arch. Now they do. Oh yeah- she also happened to wear red lipstick when I was going through a red lipstick phase. I had never seen her wear red lipstick. It's just odd. Surely all this is not a coincidence?

It sounds like I'm in it high school Omg. Why do i let this affect me?

Luced - my personal opinion at age 50+ is that a woman's attractiveness is not nearly threatening as another woman's wiles. Pretty girls and women like to blame that on other women, but usually, it goes down to basic truth of "show me a man who has a beautiful woman at his side and i'll show you a man who is bonking an ugly girl"

That's the starting point - the fears and precepts of the scorned and scorner or the world within.

I know for my own self - I have never worried about a man who loved me for me looking at other women.

But, yes, other women looking at him, I worry about still. I have a 50 year old husband who is handsome and looks 40 on a bad day, and he is always getting hit on.

So, if you are talking about someone, like my dear friend "Irene" of 20 years - the woman, only woman, in my life, who ever flirted, up-skirted or showed her boobs and cards to my man, then we're talking about Sun-Neptune in friendships. If Venus is involved of synastry of 'secret enemies" then you must look at where Venus lies in the other's house - the one who desires everything you have.

Friends are not enemies, but it doesn't mean you don't need to watch them the same. Consider Godfather. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

I have Moon ruled 12th house and natal mars is only 3 degrees from it. I stepped into the onion pit before I eer knew it stunk.

I've had a lot of friends put the moves on my boyfriends over time - it's a way of claiming alpha - but none have won - well, a couple where I gave them my blessing.

The secret enemy is never "I want to do you in" - it's usually "I want what you have"

Coveting thy neighbors goods, usually.

waybread

Luce, one of most important things you've said is that your husband's fidelity is solid. There's a reason why he didn't go back to her. She'll just have to get over it.

Culpeper

Premium Member
I had to read all the posts to find out what the question really was. Horary astrology does not work well unless there is a direct specific question. Mars and Saturn in the first house are a consideration that the chart might not be valid. However, there does seem to be a question: Will the secret enemy take my husband?

The suspected enemy is Mars and your husband is Mercury. Since there is no aspect between these significators, the answer to the question is no. There is a mutual application, trine aspect between your significator and your husband's. This is fortunate even though the orb is wide. He is not going to leave you.