Yods: crutch or fate?

I have a yod in my chart according to an astrology and not sure what it means. Heard that it was bad to have it because it causes a lot of dead ends in life or it is a destiny one has to fulfill? You: Uranus-Neptune conjunction sextile Pluto, with Sun at the apex, in your 8th house. Uranus and Neptune are both retrograde and in my third house Capricorn.

Hermeshadesluna

I have a yod in my chart according to an astrology and not sure what it means. Heard that it was bad to have it because it causes a lot of dead ends in life or it is a destiny one has to fulfill? You: Uranus-Neptune conjunction sextile Pluto, with Sun at the apex, in your 8th house. Uranus and Neptune are both retrograde and in my third house Capricorn.
I like to see Yods as fate. But I would have to see your chart to tell you more

I like to see Yods as fate. But I would have to see your chart to tell you more

Thought that info was satisfactory enough why does there need to be more? The degrees as well?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_angelica_diaz.74072.24466.jpg
    astro_2gw_angelica_diaz.74072.24466.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 29

Hermeshadesluna

Thought that info was satisfactory enough why does there need to be more? The degrees as well?
I just like for my interpretation to be accurate, instead of guessing. However, your destiny lies in (since all aspects of a Yod carries the vibration of 6 which is karma and mastery) the ability to reconcile how you internally revolutionize and imagine how to establish mental and enviromental structure, and transforming the persona with your focus on purifying thought and communication with the etheric truth. The base of the Yod is comprised of the heavy hitters which gives more power to the apex than the personal planets

I just like for my interpretation to be accurate, instead of guessing. However, your destiny lies in (since all aspects of a Yod carries the vibration of 6 which is karma and mastery) the ability to reconcile how you internally revolutionize and imagine how to establish mental and enviromental structure, and transforming the persona with your focus on purifying thought and communication with the etheric truth. The base of the Yod is comprised of the heavy hitters which gives more power to the apex than the personal planets

So for me I should try to internally balance myself and this is something I do for myself or others?

Frisiangal

Any 'structure', including that of the horoscope chart, does not stand on one feature alone. It needs other factors to strengthen and give support so that it works as a complete functional object ......also the human being.

The Uranus-Neptune-Pluto foundation of the YOD is a generational influence. Sun at the apex would be suggestive of any 'issues' you encounter in emotionally (8th house) finding you place and expressing yourself (Sun Gemini) within it.

Both Pluto in 1st house (personal) and Uranus-Neptune in 3rd house (communicative relating) would add strength to the 'me and others' qualities. They make harsh aspects (red lines - conflict)) to the personal planets which provide their own information regarding how life is approached from the personal point of view.
Mercury is in Cancer part of an over-abundance of the water element (feelings). Sensitive imagination is probably a guiding influence that comes easily, yet there is no connection to the YOD that enables it to flow with it.

Moon in Leo squares both Mars and Pluto. This could be suggestive of emotional outbursts that can(not) find a release of any tension that builds up inside. As Sun is the only Air planet, the 'issue' is in attempting to apply a mental aptitude in answrring the question of why.

Venus is opposing Uranus-Neptune in Capricorn, a state that has been said to have strong associations with the 'dissolving of boundaries'. A person may go to infinite lengths to please, especially in personal relationships (Venus trine Pluto, rulers of 1st and 7th houses). And if there are circumstances that get in the way of achieving it? There is no connection between Sun and Venus.......except through Pluto. Can Sun 's mental application be applied?

The YOD figure should not be seen as either a crutch or fate. It can, however, define the strength of power of will (Sun) to overcome those circumstances that may be felt to be overwhelming (Pluto) for a generation that lives in a time when the 'confining structure' of life has changed from what it once was, and opened doors that were closed before.

Last edited:

Kittea

I've also heard that yod's are inherited through family members.

My grandmother on my paternal side has the venus in 23° sagittarius apex in the 8th while I have a jupiter in 12° gemini apex in the 3rd house.

I'm think the theme might somehow be around Jupiter/Sagittarius associations such as higher education, philosophical learnings, expansion of knowledge, etc.

I'm still not sure how to approach interpreting my own yod.

Jupiter in 12° Gemini (3rd house)
Pluto in 13° Scorpio (8th house)
Neptune in 12° Capricorn (10th house)
Saturn in 13° Capricorn (10th house)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 10.26.11 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 10.26.11 AM.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 22