This is scary

david starling

Last edited:

blackbery

What about the point Oddity is making?

Book-burning, censorship, banning, stopping freedom of speech are the tools that EVERY fascist/totalitarian regime uses to control & dominate the population. It's been proven throughout history with the tragic outcomes.:crying::crying::crying:

This is why the 1st Amendment of the Constitution is the FIRST.
..that's how much importance the Founding Fathers placed on it...without which you cannot have the other rights.

What does the First Amendment say?

The First Amendment states: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

https://www.voanews.com/usa/what-first-amendment-and-what-does-it-do

Oddity, I think you're behind the times.

1. Books are disappearing as a major means of communication. This is true of paper print media in general. Hello Internet, social media, and YouTube.

There's nothing new here.

blackbery

You have missed Cary2 point entirely. He stated we are in a war....

an INFORMATION WAR.

The Left don't want the Right to be able to express themselves. THEY want everyone to think the same, to not question anything. If you disagree with THEM you are called a liar, a conspiracy theorist or much worse.

Without Freedom of Speech there is no democracy, just......

Totalitarianism is a form of government that attempts to assert total control over the lives of its citizens. It is characterized by strong central rule that attempts to control and direct all aspects of individual life through coercion and repression.

Brittanica.com

Cary2, I love it that you're talking like a Marxist.

Workers of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!

Yeh, who needs those bleeding-heart liberals, anyway; when Karl Marx expressed your anti-capitalist views first and best.

But I warn you: the ruling class will protect its interests. :devil:

david starling

an INFORMATION WAR.

The Left don't want the Right to be able to express themselves. THEY want everyone to think the same, to not question anything. If you disagree with THEM you are called a liar, a conspiracy theorist or much worse.

Totalitarianism is a form of government that attempts to assert total control over the lives of its citizens. It is characterized by strong central rule that attempts to control and direct all aspects of individual life through coercion and repression.

Brittanica.com

Is Amazon the Government?! :surprised:

JUPITERASC

an INFORMATION WAR.

Brittanica.com

WASHINGTON DC IS COVERED IN SMOKE :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VvUoXonFIo

david starling

The rule about a U.S. President having to be born here will be waived, since it will be a One World government based in the U.S.

Only off-worlders will be excluded from holding the Presidency. :alien:

Oddity

It would be great to have a conservative start up. Really wouldn't want it to start selling books and then banning them though. Why would we want to ban liberal or progressive books?

It would take decades to get amazon's name recognition and reach. It would be great to see some conservative tech start ups, too,
as amazon also owns most of the server infrastructure. But again, we're talking years.

Is amazon the government? One of the hallmarks of fascism is the unholy fusion of government and corporations. Amazon is doing the government's work for it. This is not good.

Why can't billionaire conservatives start their own book-selling venue? Can Amazon stop them from doing that?

They could ban any liberal or progressive books they want from their own outlets.

It's called "free enterprise", which conservatives normally champion.

Last edited:

david starling

It would be great to have a conservative start up. Really wouldn't want it to start selling books and then banning them though. Why would we want to ban liberal or progressive books, though?

It would take decades to get amazon's name recognition and reach. It would be great to see some conservative tech start ups, too,
as amazon also owns most of the server infrastructure. But again, we're talking years.

Is amazon the government? One of the hallmarks of fascism is the unholy fusion of government and corporations. Amazon is doing the government's work for it. This is not good.

The Koch brothers remade the Republican Party.

Oddity

Zoller was perplexed that a Jupiter-ruled Age of Pisces would be so ambitious, combative, and destructive. The tropical Ages explain why--not Pisces the Fishes, but Capricorn, the Goatfish. Not Jupiter or Neptune as foreground Age-ruler, but Malefic Saturn, sole ruler of this foreground tropical Age of Capricorn.

No he wasn't.

blackbery

And George Soros OWNS the Democratic Party.

ONCE AGAIN, the point Oddity is making.

CANCEL CULTURE is a Democrat/Left movement. Big Tech, MSM & now Amazon joining in to prevent Free Speech from Reps or ANY Conservative.
I used to listen to a few of them on YT/Twitter, ALL BANNED.

The Reps are not interested in cancelling anyone, they believe in the Constitution...FREEDOM of SPEECH even if they don't agree. They believe in debate & logic. The Dems are driven by hate, anger & division.

Wow, Jim Jordan is talking about this RIGHT NOW at CPAC.

Trump will up talking soon.:love::love::love:

Gotta go.

The Koch brothers remade the Republican Party.

david starling

No he wasn't.

Well, he said that if this was the best that the Jupiter-ruled Piscean Age could do, the Saturn-ruled Age of Aquarius was nothing to look forward to.

I really can't fathom how any experienced astrologer can look at the Western world over the last 1800 years and characterize it as an Age of Pisces.

Oddity

Well, he said that if this was the best that the Jupiter-ruled Piscean Age could do, the Saturn-ruled Age of Aquarius was nothing to look forward to.

I really can't fathom how any experienced astrologer can look at the Western world over the last 1800 years and characterize it as an Age of Pisces.

I can. I think you're too hung up on the details - as Zoller said, it was a philosophical exercise. It made sense to me, possibly because he's one of the few people I ever knew who was as relentlessly pessimistic as I am (out of sect Saturn + Antares rising here, so...yeah). The world is always going to be imperfect. It's going to be MORE imperfect with malefics ruling the angles.

david starling

I can. I think you're too hung up on the details - as Zoller said, it was a philosophical exercise. It made sense to me, possibly because he's one of the few people I ever knew who was as relentlessly pessimistic as I am (out of sect Saturn + Antares rising here, so...yeah). The world is always going to be imperfect. It's going to be MORE imperfect with malefics ruling the angles.

For me, the Ages aren't a philosophical exercise. They're part and parcel of an astrological Chart.

david starling

One uses philosophical exercises to understand the ages. That was the point I was trying to make with the golden calf, btw.

The sidereal Age of Taurus, if that's what you're talking about, was over by the time of the Exodus. Moses was taking his people into the Future, which was the Age of sidereal Aries. It required warriors, not hedonists mired in the Past.

Last edited: