Why Such a Slow Career Start?

byjove

Account Closed
Obstacles to Career?

Hi I'm trying to understand career blockages in my life better. I think natal is the best start, perhaps, transits, progressions etc. would be useful later. But I'm really beginning to wonder why I have so much trouble and is it natal?

A few months of finishing college, I saved right away to emigrate. I did that.

18 months later, I've lost my job where I've moved to, now this country is suffering a recession. Jobs are harder to come by, I'm either over-qualified or the pay is now terrible. Job prospects are bleak here, having talked to many friends, many employers and knowing the economic status. I don't want to struggle for 6/8 months living like a pauper. Meanwhile, the economic situation at home has improved significantly.

I'm leaving this country early next week. To spread my bets, and noting that my home economy isn't huge, I'm applying for jobs in the next country too.

Is this natal? Is it transits? Is it progressions? Or just bad luck?

My interpretation

Natally, I bet there will be interest in the interception of both the ruler of my 2nd house, the Sun, and the ruler of my 6th house, Jupiter in Aries in the 10th. Having tested different house systems, I'm satisfied that these placements are correct (either in Placidus, similar or Whole Sign). I'm not convinced that explains everything.

With transits, Uranus has been conjuncting, retrograding and will direct transit over my 2nd ruler, the Sun again. Uranus... sudden interruptions and changes...that I can be more sure of than interceptions. So what, I have to let Uranus wreak havok on my income sources then hopefully I'll be on a merrier (but different path) soon? I can't see any other transits that are directly involved in what's going on.

Progressions, nothing obvious again.

Attachments

• By Jove Natal, Transits, Progressions 24 October 2015.gif
    By Jove Natal, Transits, Progressions 24 October 2015.gif
    77.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

muchacho

Re: Obstacles to Career?

Hi I'm trying to understand career blockages in my life better. I think natal is the best start, perhaps, transits, progressions etc. would be useful later. But I'm really beginning to wonder why I have so much trouble and is it natal?

18 months later, I've lost my job where I've moved to, now this country is suffering a recession. Jobs are harder to come by, I'm either over-qualified or the pay is now terrible. Job prospects are bleak here, having talked to many friends, many employers and knowing the economic status. I don't want to struggle for 6/8 months living like a pauper. Meanwhile, the economic situation at home has improved significantly.

I'm leaving this country early next week. To spread my bets, and noting that my home economy isn't huge, I'm applying for jobs in the next country too.

My interpretation

Natally, I bet there will be interest in the interception of both the ruler of my 2nd house, the Sun, and the ruler of my 6th house, Jupiter in Aries in the 10th. Having tested different house systems, I'm satisfied that these placements are correct (either in Placidus, similar or Whole Sign). I'm not convinced that explains everything.

With transits, Uranus has been conjuncting, retrograding and will direct transit over my 2nd ruler, the Sun again. Uranus... sudden interruptions and changes...that I can be more sure of than interceptions. So what, I have to let Uranus wreak havok on my income sources then hopefully I'll be on a merrier (but different path) soon? I can't see any other transits that are directly involved in what's going on.

This sounds more like bad timing, wrong time wrong place. Which goes back to bad intuition. Probably because you know too much (bad economy, doom and gloom news, blah blah blah...) Or you could just be in the wrong industry/trade or wrong position.

byjove

Account Closed
Fair enough...well that is the lesser of evils in this case. I was afraid I was being plagued by something natal/transit.

muchacho

Fair enough...well that is the lesser of evils in this case. I was afraid I was being plagued by something natal/transit.
Keep in mind that you are 10th House Sun. Which means what fuels you and gives your life meaning is a career and earning a reputation. Having a career or at least career prospects is absolutely essential to your well-being. So, being unemployed or just having to face an uncertain economical outlook will really hit a vital nerve with you. That's why it feels so bad.

byjove

Account Closed
You hit the nail on the head with. That really describes me. Friends and family have said it.

For some reason, I interpreted Sun in 10th as automatically having a highly successful career and in this case, wealthy. It's as if I never imagined that it generally takes a process to get to that point. So I thought, I'm not that guy and it's not me.

Meanwhile , there's pride associated with earning and exactly as you said, about respect too. Yep that's me. That is the nerve. Thank you for your insight and perspective!

Update - guess what? I only applied for one job in Europe so far and I already have an interview. They like my credentials very much. It's a good sign of better prospects elsewhere. Right again on that one...

muchacho

You hit the nail on the head with. That really describes me. Friends and family have said it.

For some reason, I interpreted Sun in 10th as automatically having a highly successful career and in this case, wealthy. It's as if I never imagined that it generally takes a process to get to that point. So I thought, I'm not that guy and it's not me.

Meanwhile , there's pride associated with earning and exactly as you said, about respect too. Yep that's me. That is the nerve. Thank you for your insight and perspective!

Update - guess what? I only applied for one job in Europe so far and I already have an interview. They like my credentials very much. It's a good sign of better prospects elsewhere. Right again on that one...

You're welcome. Good to hear that you are back on track. And Aries loves challenges, overcoming obstacles and stuff.

Amit89

Good luck in your career byjove! I have sun in the 10th and I'm going to seeking programming jobs next year to start my career It's going to be end of the world stuff applying for jobs.

I can totally relate to the above poster with sun in the 10th, career and reputation is what fuels me.

I also have Jupiter in the 10th like you, and also mercury conjunct midheaven in the 10th and mars in the 11th sextile midheaven! however, your sun is trine 2 6th house planets this is all very positive for your career. Right now you are still very young and you have a degree and experience under your belt, with age, you can only get more established with a higher salary.

Good luck!

Last edited:

ukdesifem

Major transit I can see in your chart is Uranus square Uranus, though this may move into trine soon enough However, I see nothing that bad in your chart causing this. **** happens, as they say...

However, you're definitely geared imho towards being strong in helping others, perhaps teaching, or counselling. Pisces MC, Jupiter/Sun/10th and Cancer rising mean you can do well in promoting health and betterment for others. Also Neptune in the 6th is an inspirational placement, so perhaps guidance/counselling is well suited? May I ask which country you are in? These skills are needed in large ways in many countries, so the demand should be good.

Claire19

Re: Obstacles to Career?

18 months later, I've lost my job where I've moved to, now this country is suffering a recession. Jobs are harder to come by, I'm either over-qualified or the pay is now terrible. Job prospects are bleak here, having talked to many friends, many employers and knowing the economic status. I don't want to struggle for 6/8 months living like a pauper. Meanwhile, the economic situation at home has improved significantly. perhaps some money can be made through recreation, pleasure and leisure industries, being creative and dealing with young persons as a guide or mentor. Stock market or speculation.

My interpretation

I agree that there is nothing really significant workwise right now. I do see some healing work to be done with your family perhaps and also a friend or partner of significance. I think going back home to your roots may help with that. Pluto sextiles Venus from the 2nd of money earned and material assets with the fourth of home and family so you may earn some money once you get home or have some assistance through family members.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Update - quite right, it clearly was bad luck/timing.

I'm back in Europe less than 3 weeks and I've had 2/3 interviews per week and I've already turned down a very good job. It wasn't a good fit. It's the first time I've turned down such a good job in many years. But I'm very pleased to say I can't keep up with interest from potential employers over here! Good things are coming. :biggrin:

muchacho

Update - quite right, it clearly was bad luck/timing.

I'm back in Europe less than 3 weeks and I've had 2/3 interviews per week and I've already turned down a very good job. It wasn't a good fit. It's the first time I've turned down such a good job in many years. But I'm very pleased to say I can't keep up with interest from potential employers over here! Good things are coming. :biggrin:
Now you're talking like someone with Jupiter in the 10th! :biggrin:

Lars

It could be that your relocation chart has changed the houses of your natal chart drastically, therefore putting your planets in other houses. Where did you move to ? I'd love to check your relocation chart!