Chiron Healing in Families

flea

Hi,

I have Chiron in the 10th House square sun and opposite a pluto/Uranus conjunction all within one degree and healing is an area of deep interest to me, as well as being part of my career.

I have noticed natal chiron/venus contacts from both my parents to myself. I am interested in these aspects as indicators of family healing to be carried out during this lifetime. I believe that each family has a certain quota of group healing to conduct that naturally activates in life and this potential can be seen in chiron in the natal charts of family members.

I have also heard that chiron contacts are seen as indicators of marriage partnership and therefore a link with Libra. I have a feeling that there is a wider scope of the other than just the main partner, such as father daughter mother son relationships.

I am now very aware of the subconcious processes of both my parents' interaction with me.... thank heavens, it took a while. But on the positive I see the healing potential.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

business voodoo

that would be interesting as chiron was raised by appolo and really had no family so to speak. i've never heard of chiron related to marriage partners, so that's new on me; i can see mentor, friends, employees or 'underlings' (i.e., the centaurs) relationships relevant to chiron. and while the mythology has chiron as very much a solitary figure, to think about a collective family chiron healing relationship is interesting. and entire family going through a collective self-healing process represented by chiron ... in your case chiron/venus ... a healing of values perhaps.

melanie reinhardt's book on chiron is quite informative. and erin sullivan's book on the astrology of families is quite informative on themes of family astrology.

being a healer and chiron has nothing to do with one another as chiron was not a healer, he healed the self through discoverying the way (or loop hole as it were) to end his own suffering. in the end, it seemed to be a sacrifice, but truly what it was: a means to his ending his own suffering without too much concern or lamenting about what it was that he had to do once he realized he could end his suffering.

what's always interesting to me about the chiron mythology is that chiron knows why he's suffering and he finds a way that has little to do with his suffering to end it. meaning that his source wasn't not his solution (like most problems) ... his solution was a creative one that had nothing to do with why he was suffering. he just knew that if he did this, his suffering would end ... and he could only see that way when he stopped looking only at his suffering.

the thoughts that came to me tonight.

rahu

Banned
hi flea,
that chiron pattern is a good healing aspect,but 90 % of the time it is a very negative configuration.the chiron aspects with you parent,vague as you described them,are often very destructive showing a harsh,non-nurturin,jealous,overly critical realtionship with them.
you are very exceptional to have been able to manifest the healing energies instead of resentment.often the healing of chiron is done to repair it's own work.
i have read about chiron and relationships but i haven't noticed it being a factor except in breaking up relationships because of cynicism and bitching.
rahu

pisceskitty

Interesting post!

My Chiron Is @ 15 degrees Aries in my 6th house. My Son's natal Moon is @ 15 degrees Aries in his 7th House!! His Chiron is @ 12 degrees Scorpio in the 2H. I looked at our Synastry...

His Chiron:
Trine my Sun[in Pisces in the 5th]
Trine my Venus[in Pisces in the 5th]
Square my Jupiter[in Aqaurius in the 4th]
Sextile my N.Node[in Capricorn in the 3rd]
Conjunct my Pallas[in Scorpio in the 2nd]

My Chiron
Conjunct his Moon[in Aries in the 7th]
Trine his Pluto[In Sagittarius in the 2nd]
Sextile his Uranus[in Aqaurius in the 4th]

Belgianmoonguy

I have Chiron @ 11° Gemini in 10
in respect to soulmates, i have known some gemini suns, ascendants...
But Chiron rested 4 yrs in that sign... So i don't think anyone with Chiron in Gemini is as attracted to that sign as I do

I have it trine Jupiter in 6 and opposed to Uranus in 4 and square my AC/ DC ax...

Both my parents have Chiron in 4... Think my brother has Chiron in 10 also...
Getting weird

flea

Thanks very much for your insights. I t has given me a lot to think about. Self healing has resulted in changes to family relationships in my case.
The concept of sacrifice and find a way to healing in a place seemingly different from the source puts me in mind of some tibetan philosophy of the owrld as illusion.

And yes there has been resentement jealously and heavy criticism. But I went through an even more painful experience outside the family which eventually led me to my interest in family healing as a result of integrating the mother father and child in me. No I dont change the people around me but I change the script behaviour patterns. That was hard but at the other end it has been very good. The other thing I realised that the negative behaviour was often unconcious, which I think is probably learned in the first few years of life. So I didn't blame them I saw it as family legacy that I either confronted or reatinde within myself.

The aspects is my 9th house venus in aquarius thrine their chiron in gemini conjunct my north node in the 12th. They were born within months of eachother.

Thanks again will ponder more and look up the books on chiron

Flea.

flea

Another thing I have just checked. My north node is conjunct my parent's chiron. My mum is dead my north node and the majority of relationship healing has been with her.

The story gets a little more interesting.

flea

been thinking about this one. I am not convinced that chiron is not to do with direct family situations. If I look at the myth we have some one effectively abandoned by parents. Just because they are not there parenting does not mean they don't have an impact on the individual pysche. I suppose one way to look at it from an individual point of view would look at the internal split of mother father and child, as with transactional analysis. I have come to an individual conclusion that the concepts of mothering and fathering are still current within the myth, but just not in the place we would expect to find them. Apollo acts out the father role. So to heal the mother father child split you look elsewhere for those prototypes and experiences to find what was missing. I can see how I could apply that kind of removed situation to myself. I think I may look at the father role a little more closely in my investigations. Any more comments welcomed, this could keep me going for a while.

Flea

business voodoo

hmmmmm ... on chiron ... definitely a healing planet relating to parental relationships within oneself ... even if not truly healing between a parent and a child.

my dad just had a heart attack ... 'bring the family in, he's not going to make it through the night' kind of heart attack. he made it, got a new pace maker and he will live as long as he chooses to now. the incident had NN square his pluto/chiron. i don't even want to know his pain and journey as much as mine is, his is heavier and deeper and he's just began to deal with it. anyway, a lovely time was had by all in the lone star state ... if you enjoy family drama and abuse.

my family now consists of (1) a written communication only relationship with my father ... now that he's off the respirator ... well, its just better if its written; and (2) my brother. i have been able to free myself from my mother who has always been emotionally abusive to me and three sisters who do most of my mom's dirty work.

during this whole time, i had moon over chiron ... it was a healing time because i was able to re-member what my childhood was like. my dad was absent leaving me with my mom and two older sisters, my brother was younger than me. the two older sisters would hurt and emotionally do what sisters do when they are bored and mean spirited, and my mom enjoyed the chaos and in-fighting amongst us. they were never corrected or punished for being mean, and i was told to "oh, elaine, ignore them. they are just playing." perhaps, but i was too sensitive and too serious to do that, and it hurt and still does. to know what hurts one child and not another one is the most important thing for any parent of more than one child to understand. words hurt as much as the punch in the stomach and sometimes more.

so, chiron ... healing the self ... boundaries against those who can hurt you, and going to that place of isolation and aloneness (e.g., without a family) that you really fear the most to find the place that is actually your freedom and healing. choosing to divorce your family is a hard one to do because if you are like me, all you ever wanted was a family that loved and accepted you just for you. realizing that desire and need was causing me the pain because THAT will likely NEVER happen, and sacrificing myself to the fact that my family is now the one i am the mother of, and not the one i was born into, is perhaps my chironic experiment ... at least thus far in 2007.

i'm still processing this, but definitely even if chiron doesn't necessarily play a practical role in the relationship between me and my parents, it plays a role of my perception and understanding of that relationship anyway.