Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 10-08-2019, 01:07 AM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
You have the most intense dream life of anybody I know, hands down. So I think it would be very fruitful for you to keep a journal, and see if you find any correspondences with astrological placements. You probably remember the dream I shared with you about that fiery ox and the fact that I woke up to the Aries Moon conjunct my IC. I think there was some Taurus in the sky because I remember the ox aspect of it being relevant to the astrology, too.
Yeah I should really try to find the date for when I had a dream about these magicians in a haunted house. I keep telling people at work about it. lol

I was in a haunted house/mansion and there were 4 magicians and myself. Two of them were quiet and in the background of the dreamscape, but one of them was a woman in her 40s, who was clearly the leader. She said we had to complete some ritual otherwise something (can't remember what, her words are bleeped out and silent in my memory recall) would happen. She gave us assignments and said I was the newest and least experienced, so I could just give them energy and learn while they completed the ritual.

Anyway, everyone was going about doing their part and I saw the 4th member (dressed in World of Warcraft wizard robes and I got the impression he got into occult stuff, because of video games. everyone else had normal streetwear). The ghosts were interfering and distracting everyone. The WoW guy went deeper into the house to complete his part, but he got spooked by a demonic entity and started shrieking. I didn't see what he saw, just saw his silhouette in a shadowy hallway and then heard the screams.

He came running back saying he had to get out and he ran out into the street. We followed him, but there was no escape from the dream world as there were portals opening up on the street (it was twilight, purple sky and stars, etc). He kept running down the street as we tried to catch him and the leader lady said 'we have to get back in the house and complete the ritual now. the collision of worlds is already happening'.

WoW dude runs back into the house and locks himself in a closet shaped like a coffin and telekinetically chains/binds the closet closed and puts giant stakes through the door to keep himself there. The woman got the stakes and chains off, but he flew out with a little black vampire cape and she looked exasperated. She turned to me and goes, 'we failed. wake up'. And then I woke up in bed all tired and went to work. lol

The Following User Says Thank You to moonkat235 For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (10-08-2019)
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:08 AM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

I've been checking my dreams relative to the Asc transit in my location. Getting some good, consistent correlations. Asc in Cap wakes me up with problems relating to work, for example. My more "far out" dreams have usually been during Asc in Aqua.
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Do you type them out or hand-write?
Type, because I have to write quickly before it slips away or gets muddled/compromised.

Also here's my dream from an earlier thread:

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...d.php?t=123312
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:10 AM

Hmm. I've had dreams in which I was visited by beings who wanted to help me remember things, but I never payed attention to transits

Last night I had a dream in which I'm pretty sure I experienced another life of mine. I'll check transits
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
Hmm. I've had dreams in which I was visited by beings who wanted to help me remember things, but I never payed attention to transits

Last night I had a dream in which I'm pretty sure I experienced another life of mine. I'll check transits
I can't find anything. Certainly nothing transiting my ascendant
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:15 AM

Quote:
I can't find anything. Certainly nothing transiting my ascendant
No, it's about the transiting Asc itself, in your current location. Changes signs in about 2 hours. MC changes also.

Last edited by david starling; 10-08-2019 at 01:18 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Lykanized (10-08-2019)
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
No, it's about the transiting Asc itself, in your current location. Changes signs in about 2 hours.
Oh ****. Can you share with me your insights? I'm an astrological noob
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:18 AM

I'd really love to go to sleep and meet some of those lovely beings again, but I'm not even sure if it has to do with transits yet
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:20 AM

External world is a reflection of the internal world. People say this all the time, but it's true. So whatever you see, look inside. And if you want to see something different outside, look inside. If you want to do something but it seems impossible, look inside, then go back outside when you realize it's possible. Imagination is the cap
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Oh ****. Can you share with me your insights? I'm an astrological noob
You have to look up the current Asc position where you are located. I also use it for other purposes, such as work-related activities.
Lykanized (10-08-2019)
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:24 AM

Quote:
You have to look up the current Asc position where you are located. I also use it for other purposes, such as work-related activities.
What transits of the ascendant through the natal chart stand out to you when it comes to dreams?
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:30 AM

Quote:
What transits of the ascendant through the natal chart stand out to you when it comes to dreams?
The two I mentioned, Cap and Aqua. Fire-sign transits correlate to more active dreams, and, yes, I've noticed more sexual content when it's in Scorpio.
Lykanized (10-08-2019)
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:32 AM

Quote:
The two I mentioned, Cap and Aqua. Fire-sign transits correlate to more active dreams, and, yes, I've noticed more sexual content when it's in Scorpio.
In theory, do you think there could be a transit or aspect that could open a portal of sorts and allow beings from outside this world to visit you in an astral space and give you lessons or just speak to you?
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:33 AM

The more vivid dreams tend to wake me up, so I can check out the Asc. Fortunately, I can fall asleep again easily enough.
Lykanized (10-08-2019)
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:36 AM

Hmm, I wonder about that Lykan. I wonder if perceptions that one sees outside is as "individual" like you say it is, or if it's not as a result of how a human being and their perceptive faculties are structured. The way you paint the picture is that all perception is ultimately solipsistic, subjective and psychological - 100%, which means that everything you see is always about "you". I understand the viewpoint, I just don't know if that's the reality of the situation.

Similarly but not at all the same your viewpoint could even be construed as Taoist. I'm not sure if you ever read the Tao Te Ching but here is the first chapter.

Tao (The Way) that can be spoken of is not the Constant Tao’
The name that can be named is not a Constant Name.
Nameless, is the origin of Heaven and Earth;
The named is the Mother of all things.
Thus, the constant void enables one to observe the true essence.
The constant being enables one to see the outward manifestations.
These two come paired from the same origin.
But when the essence is manifested,
It has a different name.
This same origin is called “The Profound Mystery.”
As profound the mystery as It can be,
It is the Gate to the essence of all life.

Just like we can study Phelps, what would you classify the study of psychology, neuroscience, magical/spiritual traditions, philosophy etc. Aren't these all the study of the mind in various guises? Unless you are demarcating between how the mind operates, the brain and consciousness itself. What I agree with you is that there is a lot of "unknown unknowns" about the mind that makes it seem like it has no means of being measured and tested in as effective way that we've found to testing what is physically possible. I disagree with you that we won't be able to get there if we continue trying to uncover and discover more and more the interior life of humanity.

Maybe we are asking the wrong questions? Maybe "deep thinking" is not the height of human mental potential, but merely a derivative/secondary effect? Many eastern philosophies would fall along those lines.
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:36 AM

lmfao, for the life of me I wouldn't be able to tell if I was awake or not even if I appeared to me awake and in my bed. All those sleep paralysis dreams as a child ****** with me

I'm definitely gonna keep this in mind tho as I enjoyed my visits. They taught me things
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Hmm, I wonder about that Lykan. I wonder if perceptions that one sees outside is as "individual" like you say it is, or if it's not as a result of how a human being and their perceptive faculties are structured. The way you paint the picture is that all perception is ultimately solipsistic, subjective and psychological - 100%, which means that everything you see is always about "you". I understand the viewpoint, I just don't know if that's the reality of the situation.

Similarly but not at all the same your viewpoint could even be construed as Taoist. I'm not sure if you ever read the Tao Te Ching but here is the first chapter.

Tao (The Way) that can be spoken of is not the Constant Tao’
The name that can be named is not a Constant Name.
Nameless, is the origin of Heaven and Earth;
The named is the Mother of all things.
Thus, the constant void enables one to observe the true essence.
The constant being enables one to see the outward manifestations.
These two come paired from the same origin.
But when the essence is manifested,
It has a different name.
This same origin is called “The Profound Mystery.”
As profound the mystery as It can be,
It is the Gate to the essence of all life.

Just like we can study Phelps, what would you classify the study of psychology, neuroscience, magical/spiritual traditions, philosophy etc. Aren't these all the study of the mind in various guises? Unless you are demarcating between how the mind operates, the brain and consciousness itself. What I agree with you is that there is a lot of "unknown unknowns" about the mind that makes it seem like it has no means of being measured and tested in as effective way that we've found to testing what is physically possible. I disagree with you that we won't be able to get there if we continue trying to uncover and discover more and more the interior life of humanity.

Maybe we are asking the wrong questions? Maybe "deep thinking" is not the height of human mental potential, but merely a derivative/secondary effect? Many eastern philosophies would fall along those lines.
Woops, never meant to give that interpretation. I'm antisolipsistic
I actually do believe we collectively sustain a reality, so the reality we see isn't just ours. It isn't only in our brain, but it's in the brains of everyone around us at the same time if all those people are seeing the same things. Other people may see major variations. Everyone sees slight variations to the currently sustained illusion

It's an interplay between self and others, but if we switch lenses, we see something completely different. I say anything is possible. Anything can happen. Anything can be created. Anything can be destroyed. You could look at this and think it's scary, it makes you feel unsafe. Or you could look at it and see all the possibilities of what you could do and create. Either way, it's true. If you look at that and see that it's a scary and unsafe world, it is a scary and unsafe world and there are others who would agree. If you look at it and see it as a beautiful place filled with infinite possibilities for discovery, then it is and there are also others who would agree. And if you look and you see something different, that's also there and some others may agree. Even if they don't, it's still there

I must say I've had a very visceral reaction against the Tao for a long time, but lately that reaction has become a bit more quiet. I think it turns me off because it delivers a message of stillness and I'm not a still being by any means nor do I want to be. But I think this is all just about perspective again. Stillness gives way to extreme activity. Nothingness gives way to everything. Everything gives way to nothing as I found out for myself unfortunately

I probably do resonate with much of the Tao. My resistence to it was my not wanting to tame myself which I had to do in order to truly access my capabilities and the unlimited nature of what I can do in this world. My magic

I want to ask, what would be the purpose of learning to measure the capabilities of the human mind and determine who's capable of certain things and who isn't? I know that's besides the point, but it does demand answering if it's a topic of conversation

If anyone ever claimed to be able to measure the abilities of the human mind and consciousness and brain and any other aspect of our internal, intangible selves and even the tangible brain, I'd not believe them. That's because making that claim would mean they're making the assumption they have the ability to measure these things and without any means of actually determinining whether they have that ability, then they can't make the claim

I think everyone is capable of anything. I truly do. So I think this conversation isn't really one we need to have(as a humanity, between the two of us, I enjoy the conversation)
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:54 AM

Note, when I say 'anything', I mean everyone is capable of ANYTHING. And that means anything outside of the currently sustained illusion and what it deems as possible or impossible

I was able to have sex with someone from afar just by focusing my mind on them. That should be impossible, but I made them cum hard(they wanted it, I should note that lol)
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:55 AM

Quote:
External world is a reflection of the internal world. People say this all the time, but it's true. So whatever you see, look inside. And if you want to see something different outside, look inside. If you want to do something but it seems impossible, look inside, then go back outside when you realize it's possible. Imagination is the cap
I believe the belief that the external world is a reflection the internal world is acceptable only if it allows for the internal world to be a reflection of the external world as well as one cannot ignore the effects of the totality of the context of this whole world and its influence on the individuals within it if ones viewpoint is going to come across as valid, in my view.

Its again about both- not either or form my perspective. It is my understanding that our brains are programmed to prefer cut up/either or ways of thinking and it takes active will to create new brain structures/pathways that allows for continual dynamic expansion in ones thinking that includes a multitude of factors simultaneously.

Y
Unread 10-08-2019, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnest View Post
I believe the belief that the external world is a reflection the internal world is acceptable only if it allows for the internal world to be a reflection of the external world as well as one cannot ignore the effects of the totality of the context of this whole world and its influence on the individuals within it if ones viewpoint is going to come across as valid, in my view.

Its again about both- not either or form my perspective. It is my understanding that our brains are programmed to prefer cut up/either or ways of thinking and it takes active will to create new brain structures/pathways that allows for continual dynamic expansion in ones thinking that includes a multitude of factors simultaneously.

Y
I see that you explained further in your later answer, but felt like this could be left anyways.

Y
The Following User Says Thank You to ynnest For This Useful Post:
Lykanized (10-08-2019)
Unread 10-08-2019, 02:05 AM

Quote:

Y
Oh yeah, that's definitely true too. It's an interplay between both forces

There are many things I don't understand yet. I'm at a place where I'm being given the task of self mastery as I've explained and this means that I'm supposed to learn how to master myself amidst the forces of both the external and internal worlds and create what I desire to within both those forces

So I'm exploring them. I don't fully understand it all just yet, but I understand a lot more than I did last month so perhaps I'll understand more next month
Unread 10-08-2019, 02:06 AM

Quote:
I see that you explained further in your later answer, but felt like this could be left anyways.

Y
I should definitely avoid sounding like I think I have all the answers or something. I definitely don't. I'm just exploring and enjoying this conversation
Unread 10-08-2019, 02:12 AM

Based on what you said (which ynnest alluded to before seeing your second most recent post) you would totally gain from imbibing the Tao. It's not "just" stillness, but dynamism in the stillness and stillness in the dynamism. It's the ANYTHING to which you subscribe to.

As to what good would such knowledge would do -- this might be funny to say in a conversation -- but it depends on how "alien-centric" vs. "earth-centric". Or the more grounded "Enlightenment and **** off out of here" vs. Bodhisattva. A better understanding of the "right circuitry" of mankind would potentially result in a world that can be built that is better for mankind. And since the rates of growth differ, you can play your part in developing, teaching or caring for those who have a deficit. It can help in alleviating ignorance and pain. But that is if your ethical code is one where "less pain" is an ideal.

When people know what they are capable of vs. what they aren't, they waste less time of the limited years on Earth that they have. They go about the business of acting out their true will quickly, which would result in the highest benefit to the collective that they can possibly achieve. Let's say one can do "ANYTHING" but do they actually want to "EVERYTHING"? Then they willingly limit themselves through the desires or ultimate proddings that they choose to follow.

As to you mind-******* someone into an intense orgasm, that just means you are **** good with words.

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 10-08-2019 at 02:15 AM.
Unread 10-08-2019, 02:13 AM

Quote:
I should definitely avoid sounding like I think I have all the answers or something. I definitely don't. I'm just exploring and enjoying this conversation
I think he was rounding out what you were saying until he realised that you said what you did, after he wrote what he did.
Unread 10-08-2019, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Based on what you said (which ynnest alluded to before seeing your second most recent post) you would totally gain from imbibing the Tao. It's "just" stillness, but dynamism in the stillness and stillness in the dynamism. It's the ANYTHING to which you subscribe to.

As to what good would such knowledge would do -- this might be funny to say in a conversation -- but it depends on how "alien-centric" vs. "earth-centric". Or the more grounded "Enlightenment and **** off out of here" vs. Bodhisattva. A better understanding of the "right circuitry" of mankind would potentially result in a world that can be built that is better for mankind. And since the rates of growth differ, you can play your part in developing, teaching or caring for those who have a deficit. It can help in alleviating ignorance and pain. But that is if your ethical code is one where "less pain" is an ideal.

When people know what they are capable of vs. what they aren't, they waste less time of the limited years on Earth that they have. They go about the business of acting out their true will quickly, which would result in the highest benefit to the collective that they can possibly achieve. Let's say one can do "ANYTHING" but do they actually want to "EVERYTHING"? Then they willingly limit themselves through the desires or ultimate proddings that they choose to follow.

As to you mind-******* someone into an intense orgasm, that just means you are **** good with words.
That's the thing, I didn't use words at all. I wasn't speaking to them. I wasn't even sure if it was working for a bit, but i could tell when they orgasmed, oddly enough

The only thing is that they weren't able to make me feel anything. We played around with it. I'm not sure if that was because of them or if it was because of me. I need to experiment with other people

Given that I can make someone feel physical sensations enough to orgasm from afar, I'd assume I could do a great many other things from afar, so I'm exploring those possibilities

Do you think it's possible everyone knows innately what they're capable of and where their strengths lie and so tests wouldn't even be necessary? This world puts a lot of stress on people to be something specific. I think that's one of the biggest issues here. If people weren't bombarded with all that pressure, would they have any issues surrounding identity and potential? Or would they just go into the world, explore, play, understand themselves organically and find their place?