Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 10-06-2019, 06:52 AM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Which hand?
Witch hand?

Unread 10-06-2019, 07:05 AM

Totally random, but "soccer" sounds like "sock her"--not cool, man. Also, the only one who gets to sock the ball is the goalie, so it doesn't describe how the game is played.
Then, there's American "football", and except for punting and field goals, no one is allowed to kick the ball. So that name doesn't describe the game either.

Who invented these dumb names, anyway?
Unread 10-06-2019, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Why how do you pronounce it in Indo?
We pronounce it with cthy=siti=ct. I guess, I already had a new nickname for my buddy. Seen?
Unread 10-06-2019, 07:15 AM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Ds, how's it going with mr president?
Unread 10-06-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Totally random, but "soccer" sounds like "sock her"--not cool, man. Also, the only one who gets to sock the ball is the goalie, so it doesn't describe how the game is played.
Then, there's American "football", and except for punting and field goals, no one is allowed to kick the ball. So that name doesn't describe the game either.

Who invented these dumb names, anyway?
Ooh look, we can blame Marx! For messenger-hood.
“Just as intriguing, for those who like to lambaste American Football being called such when the ball interacts primarily with hands, most of the earliest forms of Football were named thus, not because you kicked a ball with your foot, but because they were played on foot. Peasants played most of their sports on foot; aristocrats played most of theirs on horseback. Thus, games played on foot were called “football”, whether they had anything to do with kicking a ball or not. Indeed, many of the earliest forms of football involved carrying balls in an attempt to get across goal lines passed some opposing team or individual players.”
https://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/06/the-origin-of-the-word-soccer/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunConjunctUranus View Post
We pronounce it with cthy=siti=ct. I guess, I already had a new nickname for my buddy. Seen?
Besides wordplay though, what does it mean?
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-06-2019)
Unread 10-06-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Besides wordplay though, what does it mean?
Nothing offensive from that word. It mean an Arabic/Malayan name.

Last edited by SunConjunctUranus; 10-06-2019 at 08:32 AM.
Unread 10-06-2019, 07:46 AM

Well, it's not polo, that's true. Or, jousting. "Football" obviously belongs to the game everyone else calls "Football". American Football is a form of Rugby, nothing really to do with modern-day "Football" And the etymology for soccer isn't as outlandishly archaic as the excuse for the naming of "American Football", but it is ridiculous. Its supposed to mean "Association Rugby", dropping the "As" at the beginning, and adding a "c" in the middle, dropping the "iation" at the end, and then adding an "er" and dropping the noun "Rugby". The excuse for the "er" ending is a slang term for Rugby, "Ruggers", but at least "Rugby" is the name of an actual game. I guess tennis should be called Football also, because it's not played on horseback either.

Last edited by david starling; 10-06-2019 at 07:53 AM.
Unread 10-06-2019, 07:56 AM

On the other foot, I can't really think of a good name for American Football that would describe it well enough. "Baseball" is about rounding all the bases. "Basketball" is about getting the ball through the basket. But somehow, "Goalpostball" doesn't really have the right ring to it. "Peasantball " wouldn't work either, despite the claim it derives from games played by peasants during feudalism.

Last edited by david starling; 10-06-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Unread 10-06-2019, 08:01 AM

Clippers bandwagoon.
Unread 10-06-2019, 08:45 AM

@David

You mentioned that 12/12 didn't capture what you understood of Dick Cheney. What were the specifics of that misalignment again?
Unread 10-06-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
@David

You mentioned that 12/12 didn't capture what you understood of Dick Cheney. What were the specifics of that misalignment again?
Should be a kindly, influential humanitarian. Instead, he's a sneering, nihilistic schemer. What would you have predicted in a cold reading, not knowing whose Chart it was? Maybe there's something I missed.
Unread 10-06-2019, 09:12 AM

This is exact one year since joined the forum, but this is also my last post in the forum. Please, send my best regards to JUPITERASC. Good bye everyone.
Unread 10-06-2019, 09:23 AM

I took another look. Thanks for reminding me about it. I was wrong. There are some real red flags. Like John Wayne Gacy, he has a Sense of Purpose Moon in Pisces opposed by Neptune, Domicle-ruler of Pisces, in Virgo. He actually has FOUR Sense of Purpose placements, all with conflicts: The one I just mentioned; Mars in Sagittarius squaring the Moon in Pisces; Mercury in Aquarius squaring the Uranian Domicile-rulership of Aquarius; and, Jupiter in Taurus, close conj Saturn. Quite a difficult Chart in 12/12, now that I've taken a closer look. This guy has internal conflicts up the wazoo!

Last edited by david starling; 10-06-2019 at 09:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (10-06-2019)
Unread 10-06-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
This is exact one year since joined the forum, but this is also my last post in the forum. Please, send my best regards to JUPITERASC. Good bye everyone.
Wait! What about Rookie of the Year? And NBA season starts in less than 3 weeks.
Unread 10-06-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Where is everyone? Partying 🤓
No partying for me but I had an interesting weekend. How was your weekend? Was it interesting?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cbw2V9XefuA
Unread 10-06-2019, 02:35 PM

I miss Lykan for her wit and Chrysalis cos she shouted at me. Both badasses.
Unread 10-06-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
jangan tinggalkan aku ayah!
Unread 10-06-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
On the other foot, I can't really think of a good name for American Football that would describe it well enough. "Baseball" is about rounding all the bases. "Basketball" is about getting the ball through the basket. But somehow, "Goalpostball" doesn't really have the right ring to it. "Peasantball " wouldn't work either, despite the claim it derives from games played by peasants during feudalism.
Warball?

Quote:
Sunny - that sounds so final! Good luck, wherever you go.
Unread 10-06-2019, 04:09 PM

"Handball" is about hitting a ball with your hand. "Football" is about kicking a ball with your foot. "Warball" is about penetrating enemy lines and throwing rockets and bombs. Then, there's the expression "Sudden-death" in the "Warball" overtime period.

Last edited by david starling; 10-06-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Unread 10-06-2019, 04:21 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
No partying for me but I had an interesting weekend. How was your weekend? Was it interesting?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cbw2V9XefuA
Boring and manless 🤷🏻*♀️**** them. I can entertain myself 😢
Unread 10-06-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Boring and manless 🤷🏻*♀️**** them. I can entertain myself 😢
Is this recent manless or do you just miss having one around?
Unread 10-06-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the official sign-off, dude. Have a good life, whatever that means to you!
Unread 10-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Bless you SCU. Nice getting to know u lately x
Unread 10-06-2019, 04:38 PM

lol I've been a single lady for most of my life. I saw a lot of my friends trying to find themselves through relationships and seeking the love and intimacy they've always craved. I avoided relationships, because I wanted to find myself through other means, but now I'm of the opinion that relationships can be really cool experiences of self-discovery.

I always wonder what we'd be in total isolation. Does the term 'personality' have any meaning outside of interaction with others? Idk, lol, and it's not a practical question, but I ask it all the time anyway. Like I wonder if there's really 'self' without 'other'. Is there 'I' without 'We'?

Ahhh wtf are we??? omg lol
The Following User Says Thank You to moonkat235 For This Useful Post:
Ukpoohbear (10-06-2019)
Unread 10-06-2019, 04:41 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonkat235 View Post
lol I've been a single lady for most of my life. I saw a lot of my friends trying to find themselves through relationships and seeking the love and intimacy they've always craved. I avoided relationships, because I wanted to find myself through other means, but now I'm of the opinion that relationships can be really cool experiences of self-discovery.

I always wonder what we'd be in total isolation. Does the term 'personality' have any meaning outside of interaction with others? Idk, lol, and it's not a practical question, but I ask it all the time anyway. Like I wonder if there's really 'self' without 'other'. Is there 'I' without 'We'?

Ahhh wtf are we??? omg lol
I get you MK. I have been the same. I never entered into anything as I simply didn’t want to. Now I’m ready there are no decent men out there. Maybe I’m destined to be ‘i’ and never a ‘we’