Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology

Other Astrology Here, you can discuss anything else astrological that doesn't belong in the other boards. Includes medical astrology, mundane astrology, parts, sports astrology, research and development, degree symbols, fixed stars, asteroids, symbols systems, karma, and Aquarian astrology.

Unread 01-31-2019, 09:18 AM

Smile Help with understanding asteroids In first house!:)

Hello guys what does it mean if i have asteroid circe, eros and medusa all located in house 1? Thanks! <3

Unread 01-31-2019, 10:54 AM

Re: Help with understanding asteroids In first house!:)

Are they conjunct the Ascendant, or closely conjunct (preferably by <1 degree, 2 degrees at the most) any other planet or point? Imo asteroids gain importance from what they touch, if they don't touch anything their influence is marginal at best.
The Following User Says Thank You to Domna For This Useful Post:
cynthiascorpio (01-31-2019)
Unread 02-01-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domna View Post
Are they conjunct the Ascendant, or closely conjunct (preferably by <1 degree, 2 degrees at the most) any other planet or point? Imo asteroids gain importance from what they touch, if they don't touch anything their influence is marginal at best.
Hello thank-you so much for the reply! <3 Okay i just checked on astro.com the aspects i have is medusa trine my midheaven at 2 13 orb, medusa conjunct my first house moon at 3 26 orb, medusa sextile true node at 0 36 orb, medusa semi square sun at 0 30 orb, medusa trine saturn at 4 51 orb. Circe conjunct first house pluto at 1 36 orb, circe sextile neptune at 045 orb, circe conjunct moon at 4 02 orb, circe trine saturn at 2 37 orb.
Unread 02-01-2019, 10:17 AM

I don't look much at minor aspects when dealing with asteroids. I stick to conjunctions and oppositons, perhaps trines and squares if they are very exact. The semisquare to the Sun and the sextiles to Neptune and node might be interesting to look at since they are fairly exact, but honestly I wouldn't pay them much mind.

So I'd say the only aspect of any importance there is Circe conjunct Pluto.

Since asteroids is such a new area of astrology there isn't really any astrology cookbook that will tell you how Circe and Pluto would interact. What one can do, in the case of mythological names, is to read the stories surrounding the name in question. In any case, Pluto is the main force and the astroid will usually just add a bit of nuance.

Circe is usually said to be a daughter of Helios, the sun god, and herself a minor goddess of witchcraft. She makes an appearance in the Odyssey, where she is portraid as an enchantress and sorceress. She is also associated with such things as herb lore, transformation/transmutation, seduction, revenge, wise council... Most of that is rather similar to the energies of Pluto, so Circe's influence might be quite hard to distinguish.

Tags
asteroids, house, understanding