Is my Father having an affair?

Volume

Hi, Astrology community,

Can you please advise if my Father is having an affair?
My mother has noticed that my father has been distant and very emotionally unstable.

Please advise if you can.

Kind regards,
Volume.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_is_my_father_having_an_affair_hr.7203.192866.jpg
    astro_2gw_is_my_father_having_an_affair_hr.7203.192866.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 54

waybread

Volume, I would sure want more evidence than the readings of (mostly) amateur astrologers.

The early degree rising basically says that it is too soon to tell. Some additional events need to happen before the picture becomes clear. In the case of your question, this might be something like he's thinking about it but hasn't actually consummated an affair.

Of course, Dad could be remote and emotionally unstable for other reasons he doesn't want to take about, such as money or health. Covid-19 and ongoing lockdowns and economic dislocation have made many people fell stressed and irritable.

Traditionally the 4th house rules the father. It is ruled by the moon. The moon is in the turned 12th house from the 4th or radix 3rd house. The 12th house can indicate some secrecy or even deception.

A casual love affair (vs. marriage) would be a 5th house matter. The turned 5th from the 4th house, or radix 8th house, is ruled by Venus.

However, the moon (Dad) applies to an opposition with Venus, suggesting that if he does have a romance on the side, they're not getting along very well.

Traditionally Mom is a 10th house matter. She's ruled by Saturn, with many co-significators. The moon and Saturn are not communicating. But the moon is in detriment in Saturn's sign and Saturn is in detriment in the moon's sign, so your parents really seem to be on the outs with one another.

Hopefully marriage counseling is an option for them.

tikana

Hi, Astrology community,

Can you please advise if my Father is having an affair?
My mother has noticed that my father has been distant and very emotionally unstable.

Please advise if you can.

Kind regards,
Volume.

I really dont like that moon/venus opposition
moon being your dad.
your mom is 10h house which is not ruled by saturn .. so question is who is venus?
Venus is also conjuncting south node. quite malignant if you ask me.

ElenaJ

I really dont like that moon/venus opposition
moon being your dad.
your mom is 10h house which is not ruled by saturn .. so question is who is venus?
Venus is also conjuncting south node. quite malignant if you ask me.

Why do you say the 10th isn't ruled by Saturn?

Volume

Hi Waybread,

You're right - I am physically trying to obtain more evidence. Yet since I have immersed myself into the astrology community (and most of you are real geniuses) I have been trying to educate myself as well. To which I use real raw situations. As proof to myself, I am not insane. This actually works.

And the directive you provide me is outstanding. This community has manifested as my school of horary astrology and you are one of my professors.

Kind regards
Volume

ElenaJ

"Saturn is in detriment in the moon's sign"

Waybread, do you really mean this, or were you thinking of Saturn still in Capricorn?

Sounds like I'm picking bones off a fish here, questioning everyone's replies, but I really don't mean to be.

waybread

Eek,Elena! I was thinking of the moon being in Cancer. But it's not. It's in Gemini.

So much for Professor Waybread. :crying:

But Volume, thanks anyway for the complement. Please let us know what happens.

leomoon

Ref:
Traditionally the 4th house rules the father. It is ruled by the moon. The moon is in the turned 12th house from the 4th or radix 3rd house. The 12th house can indicate some secrecy or even deception.

A casual love affair (vs. marriage) would be a 5th house matter. The turned 5th from the 4th house, or radix 8th house, is ruled by Venus.

However, the moon (Dad) applies to an opposition with Venus, suggesting that if he does have a romance on the side, they're not getting along very well.

Traditionally Mom is a 10th house matter. She's ruled by Saturn, with many co-significators. The moon and Saturn are not communicating. But the moon is in detriment in Saturn's sign and Saturn is in detriment in the moon's sign, so your parents really seem to be on the outs with one another.
I don't know if its ever been determined with absoluteness, that the 10th is mother and the 4th father. The 4th is "foundational" meaning, our childhood and usually the mother rules in the childhood. The 10th is the public eye, and usually the father takes the role of main provider (although in this age and times, it can be opposite with the mom working more or earning more)

Beyond that (simply saying I don't disagree with you Waybread, I'm on the fence myself with the 10th & 4th houses, but we know at least for certain, they both signify the 2 parents.

But in turning the chart in this case then, I was looking at Volume as the planet Mars and counting 4 and 10 from the 1st house. Counting 4 houses from the 1st or from Mars (Volume), I see the Sun ruler of Leo as likely the father in this case (Sun being male) and found in the 10th house. It is ruled by Saturn but makes no aspect to the Moon.

What do we take the 7th to suggest? The marriage of her parents, the one being asked about OR the interloper Venus?

4th house is generally where we'd look for the final answer, and in this case ruled by the Moon which as mentioned, in Gemini (duality) two people.

Moon opposed to Venus in the 9th, so yes some turmoil concerning Venus (ruler of the 7th) Now WHO is Venus?

The one planet (in this case a dwarf planet) is Chiron the wounded one sitting right on the Ascendant. Seeing Chiron here is making me sad for the family and for Volume. :(

tikana

Ref:

I don't know if its ever been determined with absoluteness, that the 10th is mother and the 4th father. The 4th is "foundational" meaning, our childhood and usually the mother rules in the childhood. The 10th is the public eye, and usually the father takes the role of main provider (although in this age and times, it can be opposite with the mom working more or earning more)

Beyond that (simply saying I don't disagree with you Waybread, I'm on the fence myself with the 10th & 4th houses, but we know at least for certain, they both signify the 2 parents.

But in turning the chart in this case then, I was looking at Volume as the planet Mars and counting 4 and 10 from the 1st house. Counting 4 houses from the 1st or from Mars (Volume), I see the Sun ruler of Leo as likely the father in this case (Sun being male) and found in the 10th house. It is ruled by Saturn but makes no aspect to the Moon.

What do we take the 7th to suggest? The marriage of her parents, the one being asked about OR the interloper Venus?

4th house is generally where we'd look for the final answer, and in this case ruled by the Moon which as mentioned, in Gemini (duality) two people.

Moon opposed to Venus in the 9th, so yes some turmoil concerning Venus (ruler of the 7th) Now WHO is Venus?

The one planet (in this case a dwarf planet) is Chiron the wounded one sitting right on the Ascendant. Seeing Chiron here is making me sad for the family and for Volume. :(

For centuries, father has been 4th house. I dont think any historically known astrologers disagreed or used other houses. So why are you even arguing this fact, its beyond me.

ElenaJ

Tikana, actually you are right in that historically astrologers used 10th for the mother and 4th for the father.
Modern astrologers tend to reverse this. Including myself, it isn't just leomoon.
The 4th is the moon, family and home. Which is symbolic of the mother figure.
The 10th is career and status, which represents the traditional head of household, which is the father.
To be sincere, I've looked at this thread and chart about 5 times so far. Contrary to what I just wrote, by applying 10th to the mother and 4th to the father, you've come up with a logical interpretation.
And I've been scratching my head ever since. If I apply the modern interpretation, which is what I usually follow, we have father as the 10th, Saturn, which actually seems to fit the description of this man. But I'm at a dead end after that, where does it take me? Still pondering.

leomoon

Thanks Elena, for adding. Actually as a Capricorn stellium, people think I do criticize (when I don't).....I simply add my OWN thoughts perhaps not in the most genteel way or manner.

No harm intended however.! Whats in a person's heart is what matters.

I found this site which teaches modern astrology:

4th Astrological House
https://astrolibrary.org/houses/

The fourth House refers to the home and everything associated with it (both the childhood home & the current home): family, land, personal foundations (inner emotional security), your roots. Astrologers are divided over whether this house is associated with one's mother or father. What is clear is that a person's upbringing is associated with this House.

Any planets in the 4th house affect your home life, your emotions, your subconscious, and possibly your relationship with your parents.
I believe Vedic Astrologers also use the 10th as father.

Personally speaking (if anyone cares to know :wink: all one need do is politely ask), but I'm on the fence about it, so I consider BOTH and see who fits the best.
I have Neptune in the 4th, and my foundational home was full of deceit as well as being naive. It would have applied generally speaking to both parents, mother naive and father deceitful with her.

leomoon

For centuries, father has been 4th house. I dont think any historically known astrologers disagreed or used other houses. So why are you even arguing this fact, its beyond me.

tikana: Sorry if you think the exchange of ideas is "arguing" because personally speaking I hate to argue with anyone.

I simply LIKE to share astrology ideas with like minded souls.

I found the following from my notes on Vedic:

quote:
Any family relatives and their situations can be assessed through rotating the chart to the appropriate house and taking it as the ASC.
The 9th would be the Ascendant of your father's house (10th) The 4th, the Ascendant for your mother's.
from "The Divine Order of the Universe" by Joni Patry (and American Vedic Astrologer)

leomoon

Again, I don't have a preference, or a horse in this race, lol

[FONT=&quot]Fourth House[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The 4th house rules a person’s house and home, mother, one's roots, domestic affairs, acquiring of tangible assets and property like land, building, mines, farms and vehicles, happiness, learning, conditions at the end of life and the final resting place or the grave. The fourth house relates to one's home, residence, domestic environments and general condition of a person in the later part of his life. This house is also called the grave or womb thereby relating it to mother and all that it is concerned with hidden things such as private affairs and secrets. The fourth also shows one's landed or immovable property including those which one takes on lease or rent as well as those rented of leased out to other people.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]from the Vedic Seminar in Florida [FONT=&quot]( Tips for Horary Charts)[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://www.galacticcenter.org/Florida_conference.htm[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Main Meaning of Houses and Important People in Application [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] SIDEREAL HOUSES:[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]The 1st house is the person or individual you are assessing [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]The 2nd house is financial gains or values [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]The 3rd house is siblings, specifically younger siblings [/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]The 4th house is the mother [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]The 5th house is children, specifically 1st born [/FONT]
  6. [FONT=&quot]The 6th house is health and accidents [/FONT]
  7. [FONT=&quot]The 7th house is our marriage partner or business partner [/FONT]
  8. [FONT=&quot]The 8th house is major change or death [/FONT]
  9. [FONT=&quot]The 9th house is the father [/FONT]
  10. [FONT=&quot]The 10th house is career or notoriety in some cases father [/FONT]
  11. [FONT=&quot]The 11th house is the eldest sibling or friends [/FONT]
  12. [FONT=&quot]The 12th house is loss or endings [/FONT]

tikana

Tikana, actually you are right in that historically astrologers used 10th for the mother and 4th for the father.
Modern astrologers tend to reverse this. Including myself, it isn't just leomoon.
The 4th is the moon, family and home. Which is symbolic of the mother figure.
The 10th is career and status, which represents the traditional head of household, which is the father.
To be sincere, I've looked at this thread and chart about 5 times so far. Contrary to what I just wrote, by applying 10th to the mother and 4th to the father, you've come up with a logical interpretation.
And I've been scratching my head ever since. If I apply the modern interpretation, which is what I usually follow, we have father as the 10th, Saturn, which actually seems to fit the description of this man. But I'm at a dead end after that, where does it take me? Still pondering.

lemme ask you this ... when you were a kid and lost your socks or whatever did you shout "MOM, where are my socks?" or "Dad, where did you put my socks?"
Mother is matriarch
the other logic behind this is when a woman got married she moved into the guy's home and father's estate passed down to his son with no changes of titles. You dont see that in women's side.

my natal chart is very clear who is father (4th) who is the mother (10th).

yeah modern astrology, remember at the turn of last century (1900s) we actually had mass-hysteria and added Ceres Pallas Juno Vesta as major planets (yes planets) shortly after they were demoted to astroids and removed from a major points in astrology.
Ancients lives happy without post saturn, no one really complained.

going back to this chart (original questionis my dad having an affair), you dont find anything strange with moon opposing venus (if venus is a woman and why is Venus in 9th house conjuncting south node if it is not malignant i dont know what is) ...
why are we looking at Venus as malignant?
A. we are looking for a planet to disrupt a family (querent and her/his mother)
B. malignant planet looks for its own profit whatever that is.
C. we are looking for a harming planet. It has to be fast moving

Last edited:

tikana

Again, I don't have a preference, or a horse in this race, lol

[FONT=&quot]Fourth House[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The 4th house rules a person’s house and home, mother, one's roots, domestic affairs, acquiring of tangible assets and property like land, building, mines, farms and vehicles, happiness, learning, conditions at the end of life and the final resting place or the grave. The fourth house relates to one's home, residence, domestic environments and general condition of a person in the later part of his life. This house is also called the grave or womb thereby relating it to mother and all that it is concerned with hidden things such as private affairs and secrets. The fourth also shows one's landed or immovable property including those which one takes on lease or rent as well as those rented of leased out to other people.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]from the Vedic Seminar in Florida [FONT=&quot]( Tips for Horary Charts)[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://www.galacticcenter.org/Florida_conference.htm[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Main Meaning of Houses and Important People in Application [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] SIDEREAL HOUSES:[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]The 1st house is the person or individual you are assessing [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]The 2nd house is financial gains or values [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]The 3rd house is siblings, specifically younger siblings [/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]The 4th house is the mother [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]The 5th house is children, specifically 1st born [/FONT]
  6. [FONT=&quot]The 6th house is health and accidents [/FONT]
  7. [FONT=&quot]The 7th house is our marriage partner or business partner [/FONT]
  8. [FONT=&quot]The 8th house is major change or death [/FONT]
  9. [FONT=&quot]The 9th house is the father [/FONT]
  10. [FONT=&quot]The 10th house is career or notoriety in some cases father [/FONT]
  11. [FONT=&quot]The 11th house is the eldest sibling or friends [/FONT]
  12. [FONT=&quot]The 12th house is loss or endings [/FONT]

this is NOT a vedic horary board. we have vedic board :)

Chrysalis

As its a day chart I'd use Sun for Father, which is conjunct the MC. Affair would be 5th from the Sun, which is Taurus/Venus. Venus is placed in the sexual 8th from 5th, square Neptune, which Moon applies to oppose.

Having Moon in Gemini and Venus in a Gemini degree could mean this is only a communication thing at present and not actual physical contact.

Neptune is also on the midpoint of Venus/Moon which would also mean a clandestine affair.

leomoon

Actually Vedic Astrology is anywhere from 5500 to 8000 or more years old.

Its quite ancient in other words and not what we'd call modern astrology, as Hellenistic astrologers might say.:

One of these days, I might get around (always wanted to ask), to ask a Vedic Astrologer with knowledge, WHY they associate the 9th as father?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

To me, astrology is astrology, all good to learn and open our minds . Old is considered Hellenistic, but there is Persian, there is Vedic, there is Egyptian, /Indian.

Then there is today's.

https://www.ganeshaspeaks.com/learn-astrology/fourth-house/

The 9th house in the horoscope also stands for father. What type of relationship will you share with him, how lucky are you for him or he is for you, and yours & his financial status. Along with your father, the 9th house also stands for your mentor and teacher.

Last edited:

tikana

As its a day chart I'd use Sun for Father, which is conjunct the MC. Affair would be 5th from the Sun, which is Taurus/Venus. Venus is placed in the sexual 8th from 5th, square Neptune, which Moon applies to oppose.

Having Moon in Gemini and Venus in a Gemini degree could mean this is only a communication thing at present and not actual physical contact.

Neptune is also on the midpoint of Venus/Moon which would also mean a clandestine affair.

We are seeing the same from moon to venus (online flirting)...venus is void and quite weak. Does venus have power to destroy a marriage? No but enough to rattle L10 and the q