All that is transitory

Schildmaid

I had no idea where to put this, really, except that I ended up having a weird idea and played with the time on my own natal chart (which has never been rectified, but this still doesn't seem too likely somehow).

I was just thinking about the whole Thema Mundi thing where it puts the ascendant for all of Nature in Cancer. When I read that a long time ago, I thought it was so cool since most astrological Cancer descriptions sound shallow and not very flattering in any way, but you have something as profound as Nature exemplified in Cancer that's rather different. Apparently the Moon is also knowledge and intuition so that made me think of Sophia. On my own chart Cancer appears to be the 7th house so I thought that I was doomed to have to be attracted to some sort of Eternal Feminine or something which was awkward to think about and I set a hypothetical chart with the Moon as much on the Descendant as I could possibly get it and said it was Faust's chart (although it really isn't literally at all) just to play with it.

But if you look, you can really see a lot of other themes which is beautiful. Capricorn is Pan which is like Mephistopheles, everything is tense aspects for striving, you have a Mercury-Venus conjunction representing a combination of intellect and art that's the only strong thing in the bottom half of the chart, but most of all, this made me think that the Grand Cross is really the squared circle, like an alchemical symbol, and no one seems to have thought of that before.

So yes, I'm looking beyond and basically just ignoring cookbook type astrology descriptions. Isn't astrology supposed to be symbolic anyways? And cookbook descriptions are vague and can't cut it no matter how you try. Of course, you shouldn't be cutting up anything alive anyways unless you want to kill it :wink: I know all the people who would like to talk about this are still around...

I also realize it might've been better to do ~7'12 Cap rising. I tried to make one and apparently can't edit it in, but I think there might be something satisfying symbolic about putting Mercury ever so slightly in the 12th. Making someone somewhat of a slave to knowledge or something, but they still consider it part of themselves.

Attachments

• astro_w2at_02_faust.22961.19829.gif
    astro_w2at_02_faust.22961.19829.gif
    58.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited: