Nth Node in Scorpio AND 8th house - Anyone?( or Nobody? )

WHYNOT

Banned
Dear Anyone,

PLEASE share your experiences of having this difficult nodal placement..ie Nth Node in Scorpio PLUS 8th house..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

(I wonder if Nobody will respond :unsure: )

(Surely I'm not the only person who has this in their chart??!!)

Noel Eastwood

Premium Member
lol, I don't have NN in Sc in the 8th House but I am sure it would prove valuable to explore in a light meditation. For me the North Node is similar to the MidHeaven, it points to the future, which is, of course, dependent on the past and where you are at the present.

I would be interested in your experiences?

Uranus 8

I have that. Well. Your future tends to the research in metaphysics, and "to separate yourself of materialistic tendencies". if you have wealth, don't loose it.
Haha, don't be affraid :)

Lin

The 8th house is the 2nd house of partnership. Therefore it represents partnership values and valuables, cooperation, finding connections with 'the other ' beyond personalities (which is traditionally the 7th house.)
So: the south node in the 2nd house is more selfish and self-serving. Working on compassion, sympathy, empathy....sincerely listening to your partner (at any time) to try to see the point the way the other person does....this is the issue of the nn in 8.

the fact that it is also in Scorpio intensifies this mandate.

A great book for this is Martin Schulman's book on the Nodes. Check it out.
LIN

Osamenor

Staff member
I only have part of that nodal placement... my NN is in Scorpio but not the eighth house... however, I also have an eighth house concentration of the sun, Mercury, and Venus, which is the highest concentration of planets I have in any house, and it ties in directly with my nodal story. My sun tightly squares my nodal axis, while Mercury loosely squares my nodes, plus Mars, which is conjunct my south node and one of my north node's rulers, and Venus is loosely conjunct Mercury (though not in orb of square with my nodes) and rules my south node (Taurus). So I have a very strong Scorpio/eighth house message in my nodal placements, possibly similar to what you're working with.

I've just been doing lots of work with my own nodal placements, trying to figure it all out, and for me it seems like a key theme is the need to integrate Scorpio/eighth house messages into my being. That's probably an important message for you, too. The basic message of the eighth house and Scorpio is transpersonal energies, and the interpretations of that can vary widely. In addition to compassion and empathy and partnership and cooperation, as someone else mentioned, that realm includes sexuality in general, death, the otherworld, the occult, archetypes, myths and legends, spirituality, shared resources, taxes and inheritances and financial support from others (all examples of shared resources)... and I would say healing is a key theme as well, based on my own experience.

In contrast, the realm of Taurus and the second house is much more concerned with material security, physical health, the need to build something tangible, and personal values. That doesn't necessarily mean selfishness. A person operating from a Taurus/second house perspective might, for instance, put supporting their family first and foremost. Not a bad thing in and of itself, but if your south node appears there, one possible meaning is that in your karmic past, you were so concerned with building material security and taking care of your family that other crucial parts of your development fell by the wayside.

Scorpio and the eighth house represent what you most need to develop within this lifetime. If you have any planets in aspect to your nodes, those planets, along with their signs and houses, are key indicators of what can help you grow in that direction.

For me, the Scorpio north node is in the eleventh house, which is all about society, tribe, social identity, and again, cooperation and shared resources. I see these transpersonal energies I have to work with--between an eighth house sun and a Scorpio north node--as being all about the energy currents that run through society. It's about working with that collective energy in one way or another.

P3PSI642

I have an eight house and scorpio North Node tightly conjunct my pluto and both are opposite my mars.
Oh and Jupiter is in eight house and in scorpio too, talk about a buddy-party.
Control, possessiveness, jealousy, drive, stamina, energy, leadership, crisis. That's what it is.
It's hard. It will always be hard, because you can never settle. Life will do everything it can to force you to transform and evolve. You'll feel like constantly walking on eggshells, not knowing what sort of crisis will happen. And as someone who LOVES being in control, those situation can become hellish. But you keep a cool-head, heave a sigh and just take the bull head-on, deciding that if life cannot give you control, you'll take it forcefully and become whatever you need to be to regain it.
Sometimes it works, and sometimes it ends up worse, that's when you know that you need to let go. Because it's all what North Node in eight is about. Letting Go. Transforming yourself.
That's all it want to teach you. To Let Go of your past, of unnecessary attachment, of unnecessary things.
North node so close to my mars-Pluto opposition protected me I think.
I almost died thrice. Once because I wanted too, the other one where I nearly strangled myself to death and the last one happened last year where I nearly burnt myself to death...
I ended up nearly unscathed in all three of them.
The first one simply never came to fruition and I decided that whatever happened didn't matter anymore, that I was the one responsible of my life and no one could decide otherwise.
The other two, I escape very little injuries considering the accident (neck burnt to second degree because of the friction and most of the skin was raw, but no other injury, the other I suffered with a major burnt on my hand (deep second degree burnt) that covered 25% of its surface, but it healed almost perfectly, leaving an almost invisible scar)
Also has been abused younger, but despite the memories, I don't think I have traumas about it.
So yes, I am protected. I could have ended up much much worst than where I am now, and I can look at my past and, without feeling glad, I know it shaped me into who I am today.

North Node in this placement is hard, as I said, but it can also become your most important strength. It's there and you have the potential to overcome it. Just take whatever life's gives you, be it an apple or a slap in the face, and just give everything back to its fullest. Don't be scared of it, never be scared of your North Node, it will guide you whether you want it or not, so better be it at your own will.

Last edited:

RaRohini

Hi !
P3PSI642.. you have hit the nail on the head ! I am a student of vedic astrology and i have this placement of NN in scorpio 8th house and SN conjunct moon in taurus( another difficult placement)..the theme of my life has so far been ' when life gives you lemons, make grape juice and leave everyone wondering ..'The moon ketu conjunction sometimes make me feel like a monk .But im married with kids.when i was younger , i used to work doubly hard as the others but never got to taste the fruits if my efforts. If i REALLY wanted something, some twist of fate would take it away from me ( same theme in education, career, love) . I learnt to just do my job and not expect anything . But never be scared to venture or scared to love. Just let go if it is not meant for you. In hindsight, maybe that was a good thing. God never wanted me to lead a 'regular' life.The stone needs to be chiselled bit by bit before it can become a diamond. P3pSI642 is SO right aboutletting go . There is a small story about a dog who wanted to control his tail. However much he tried , he couldnt hold the tail with his mouth. There was a wise fox who said ' Stop chasing the tail and go about doing your work .' The tail automatically followed him. When i gave up trying to control the outcome of things , the Universe gave me more than i wanted. But now i valued relationshios more than these material things .. i guess thats the lesson and im still learning. I had a few brushes with accidents too and escaped unhurt. What are your other placements? My strong sun and mercury in Gemini helps me laugh at the irony of all this ! All the best .

Last edited: