Will I get this new job?

JoZi15

Good morning community!

I am a fan of astrology and love reading and learning from you all. I am trying out what I've learned but am still confused so I would love your guidance.

I have been waiting months on a consulting contract. Began discussing possibilities last July and started talking about the actual terms this January. It is March and although I would love to do this work, I need money! So I applied for an actual job and I want it so badly. I'm asking, with this horary, if I could get this new job.

Here's what I came up with:

1. The ruler of the hour (Venus) is in the ASC's triplicity (Capricorn trigon). Yay, chart is radical. This happens very rarely for me!

2. The 1st H Ruler (Saturn - Me) is in domicile, the Moon (the question and also me) is in domicile, and the "Will I get this job" significator (Scorpio - Mars) is in exaltation! Lilly said that if Mars (or Saturn) is in House, Exaltation, Triplicity and Angles, and then be Signifier, they perform the thing desired.

3. Lilly also says If Mars (or Saturn) is the Signifier, they will show detriment in the question unless there is reception by the Moon. Sadly, there is no reception :(

4. While Saturn and Mars do not apply (too many degrees to perfect and two additional planets to connect with first), Moon is applying to perfect with Mars. As Lilly states The application of the Moon shows the present condition of the thing demanded, her applying by a good aspect, and in a good house, to a good planet, intimates the strong hopes of the thing intended. ALL of these must be true for me to get my wish??

5. And Moon (me) is in a cadent house :( while exalted Mars (the desired job) is angular, what good that does me when I am cadent...

6. And Mars is in the same sign as the SN :( Or does it only matter if they are together in the same house? If that, the SN misses being in the 1st house by minutes (if we follow the 5 degree rule). But Moon is conjunct the NN! I thought it was a positive? But I see Lilly says if the Lord of the ASC or the Moon are with the head or tail of the Dragon, it brings damage to the Question. He says See if what House they are in and receive signification from thence. What does that mean?

7. Sigh.

8. Mercury (the last aspect that Moon separates from) is RX and therefore moving at a glacial pace, particularly because he is about to station Direct. Now, I believe, Lilly states that this represents the last thing that happened. And I hope it references the other consulting gig where they have dragged me along and they are still working with their legal department as we speak, to finalize the legalese. I hope the Moon separating from Mercury RX in his Detriment (Pisces) is about the delays in revising my current contract and NOT about this new gig I just applied for. Right??

9. And he's (Mercury) between 8-17 degrees of the Sun (elsewhere, I've also seen Lilly say Up to 12 degrees is under the beams). Another bad sign which prolongs whatever he represents. I hope he represents the current situation of delayed communication about my contract (money, as Merc RX is in the 2nd H) which, I'm beginning to see, may not materialize no matter how long I wait :(

When I saw this, it made me glad I applied for this new gig, but now I'm not so sure if I'll get that either. Can you help clear some conflicting information or maybe show me which information supersedes other info? Help! Thank you in advance. I definitely need help figuring out what is most important. Thank you thank you thank you!

Jozi :love:

Apologies for how long this post is. But I am trying to learn...

Attachments

• SC gig 3.4.2020.jpg
    SC gig 3.4.2020.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 96

JoZi15

Hi again!

I got a second interview for next week. I kind of lost hope since everyone I know is worried about being furloughed in the coming weeks and a City Project I'd been working on had been halted indefinitely, but I guess this potential job is still trying to hire someone.

I hope it's me!

Any thoughts...?? Anyone?

Be careful out here in this age of Corona. Be well.

Aria Venue

hello Joji
try to keep your analysis simple always and use regiomontanus for horary.

the job (l10) is an exalted mars, in your domicile and in your first house, so it seems that you have the upper hand here.also you as a strong dignified saturn in mars exaltation, there's mutual reception.Moreoever moon essentially strong in her domicile, though cadent (accidentally) but still accidentally strengthened from N.N, not ot mention that also soon saturn is about to change sign and get even more dignity in the sign of aquarious ...and yes we have a forthcoming aspect between moon and mars..but seeing moon in mars triplicity, term but fall also (while fall is stronger than term or triplicity) and considering we have to deal with an opposition i don't know what bothers you actually, mayby is something in the job that you don't like? and you see also mars and moon in mutual mixed reception(mars in moon's triplicity but detriment also, while moon in mars triplicity, term but fall )...either way when we have an opposition usually it has the meaning of regret, so perhaps you'll find out something related to this job that you don't like or else...mayby the salary.., though moon in the exaltation of jupiter, or else..just saying
but overall this chart is promising

i wish you all the best and especially during this difficult times due to corona pandemic :love:

*nodes are irrelevant when they are not in relevant cusps or planets(keep the orb tight less than 3...and always conjunction...) ..so in this case a floating s.n in the 12th is irrelevant since it doesn't aspect either mars(job) or asc

** the comments related to mercury are all reduntant...have nothing to do with the question and the chart.stick to the core

Last edited:

JoZi15

Wow!

Thank you Aria and Chrysalis!!!

I had my second interview on Tuesday and on Wednesday they called to schedule the third interview for a non-governmental organization! I am ecstatic!!! And surprised how quickly it's all moving. And, on the other hand, bummed how painstakingly slow my City contract has been -- still stalled as the City responds to the pandemic. Totally understandable.

My initial hope (when I cast the horary chart) was that I'd get to finish the City contract in a timely manner (worth $25K) and then accept this new position with an NGO. Perhaps some of the hesitancy or conflict of dignity and debility between Moon-Mars is because of my hope to neatly order these jobs? And being worried that I'm now expected to finish the City contract when the timeline is out of anybody's control now -- complicated by the fact that I would like to complete the project and STILL work at this new job.

The opposition could also represent that because I have been a consultant for the last 5 years now and since I turned 50, I find I am learning about myself all the time, but I am really best at work when I have a lot of roadway. Therefore, I like consulting compared with a 9 to 5 job. But this viral crisis is showing me that if I want to be saving and pay my children's college tuition, I need a steady job with a paycheck. That could also be the "regret" or "money issues" that Aria references?

This is a co-director position. I would have a lot of leeway. And I hope the opposition is not about the salary -- this would be the highest paid job I've ever had.

The final thing I was worried about was my apartment. We moved into subsidized housing a few years ago right before my daughter's senior year in order to save money and make sure I could still pay tuition on an up and down consultant's wages. I know that getting this job would require me to move because I would no longer qualify to live here. This was something I discussed with my kids since they are old enough to know and have a say and because it would impact them directly.

Aria -- all that to say, your analysis of the Moon-Mars opposition is right on. Thank you for that. All issues I have been weighing. Now I need to make sure it is not something about the actual job (that's what this next interview with the other co-director next week is for).

Thank you also for telling me to keep it simple and streamlined! I think you can see that that is something I need to practice more of all the time :)

For the Student of Astrology!
Update on Mercury (signifier for the last aspect Moon made and likely representing my City contract):
1. I got the contract
2. We set a meeting to affirm the contract timeline and deliverables with two department heads and three departmental deputy directors I'd be working with and the day of the meeting, the City called a state of emergency due to the pandemic
3. That was almost two weeks ago. I've had a few emails saying they'll reschedule as soon as possible but nothing really since.

This information may not be relevant since a senior member stated that my original analysis about Mercury was redundant but I thought I've give an update.

Chrysalis! I hope I still get the job but there is one other candidate, according to the recruiter who is a friend of mine.

My interview is on Wednesday (4/1) so I'll update after that too. If I advance to the next round, I will meet with the executive director, I guess to negotiate a hiring package and then that's it.

Thank you for the information on using Regiomontanus and how to read the Nodes and the movement of the planets (which I've never taken into account before). And so many other things :) I appreciate you elders and experts for teaching us newbies!

And I love astrology. Just reading about it and learning from you all. It gives me a sense of comfort, identifying what I can about myself that needs work. Especially in a time that is so uncertain.

Thank you for being such a great community when we need social solidarity more than ever :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Everyone stay safe :ninja:
Jozi

rafaella

Mars is very interested in you, the job comes to you, as its right inside your 1st, but I'm concerned with the Moon/Mars opposition. So it appears something causes you to lose it, or you reject it... or they cancel on you...Moon is also separating from Mer rx, so contracts are changing, change of mind. Mon/Mars aspect happens in about 9 units, it seems pretty fast so days or weeks (timing from the date of the chart). I think with this corona virus things are really up in the air and you should be careful right now.

Aria Venue

thanks Jozi for updating so far..i understand your main concerns, so since your 3rd interview is next week lets wait till then...As i previously said an aspect by opposition especially in this chart since the other factors overall are positive, doesn't have to result to a negative outcome per se. Obviously an opposition is a hard aspect and implies hurdles -difficulties and that's why is associated with regret also, still let's be optimistic .I have seen many job-related charts with opposition aspects resulting to positive outcome.
i wish you all the best for the forthcoming interview:love:

JoZi15

Thank you, Rafaella and Aria, for your insights!

You're right. The job came to me. I was enjoying consulting, the flexibility to spend more time with my kids before they leave for college, and the pay was still good. I wasn't even thinking of looking for a 9to5 until the recruiter approached me.

The hiring committee has moved me along quickly. I applied on a Friday afternoon and they emailed me on a Saturday to set up an interview. Each interview since then has been set up at least a week sooner than they told me originally. I guess something could change in this 3rd meeting.

Sometimes I look exhaustively for signs that will confirm something I want. So I looked at my Lunar Return (which begins tomorrow) and I'm hopeful that something will come through because there is a Moon-Venus conjunction in the 2nd House in Taurus. I know I can't look at it isolated from examining the entire chart but I did draw a little comfort from that and that perhaps my money situation will change whether it is a breakthrough with the City Contract or maybe I do get the NGO job after all. We shall see.

I am also trying to figure out if this NGO job is the right job for me. And if I do not get the job, understanding that there is a reason for that. And although I think I want this job really badly, maybe I will be glad for whatever happens, if not right now, in the future.

Anyway, in the meantime, trying to keep centered and not sound crazy desperate in the final interview next week! Trying to trust in what the Universe has in store for me, even if I don't understand it just yet.

Thank you, Rafaella and Aria, for providing more guidance. Thank you, Aria for the good wishes!!! And thank you, Rafaella for raising the timing (9 units -- I posted on March 4th -- 9 days have already passed so 9 weeks would be May 6th so I will work on being as patient as possible).

I love astrology and the dialogue with senior members is really a gift. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!!!

And everybody have a great week out here resisting the Rona :love::love::love:

JoZi15

Mars is very interested in you, the job comes to you, as its right inside your 1st, but I'm concerned with the Moon/Mars opposition. So it appears something causes you to lose it, or you reject it... or they cancel on you...Moon is also separating from Mer rx, so contracts are changing, change of mind. Mon/Mars aspect happens in about 9 units, it seems pretty fast so days or weeks (timing from the date of the chart). I think with this corona virus things are really up in the air and you should be careful right now.
I mentioned in my last post that I could start this job on May 6th (in 9 weeks). It just occurred to me... in 9 weeks something progresses from the 6th H to cause me not to get what I want? And you want me to stay healthy. Ok, I will be vigilant. That’s probably the scariest thing in the world right now.

Everybody stay healthy. Stay at home 🥰😷🥰

rafaella

I mentioned in my last post that I could start this job on May 6th (in 9 weeks). It just occurred to me... in 9 weeks something progresses from the 6th H to cause me not to get what I want? And you want me to stay healthy. Ok, I will be vigilant. That’s probably the scariest thing in the world right now.

Everybody stay healthy. Stay at home 🥰😷🥰

No I meant more it’s unpredictable times, people are losing jobs, things are changing rapidly. You live in USA, from what I can see this disease has really taken over there... what will happen in the next 1-2 months is difficult to know. But that moon mars opposition is severe. It’s like this job is taken away or you don’t get along with them or agreement is cancelled, let’s see... please update! And good luck! We all need it ☺️

JoZi15

No I meant more it’s unpredictable times, people are losing jobs, things are changing rapidly. You live in USA, from what I can see this disease has really taken over there... what will happen in the next 1-2 months is difficult to know. But that moon mars opposition is severe. It’s like this job is taken away or you don’t get along with them or agreement is cancelled, let’s see... please update! And good luck! We all need it ☺️
Thank you! We do all need good energy right now. And YES, oh my goodness, the US is dealing with a lack of leadership to say the least! I wish everyone health and safety ❤️
I am wondering if the Moon-Mars opposition may describes the City contract. It feels exactly like it has just disappeared after nearly 4 months of meetings and discussions about the scope of work. I have not heard a word since last Tuesday. At least this is what I’m hoping so that both jobs aren’t lost 🤞🏾
Anyway, I have my 3rd interview tomorrow for the NGO position and will update when I hear from the recruiter if I move onto the next round.

JoZi15

Good morning, Community :happy:

As my daughter's final college tuition payment due date draws closer, I hear from the recruiter that I got a 4th interview!

Next Friday, April 10th. Fingers crossed. There is another candidate who's advanced to the final round too.

Last edited:

zarya

i know it is late to answer but i am really into writing replies these days...
moon opposes saturn at the end which is a classical no
but, you are this saturn and you stand firmly on your ground, not to be messed with you, you know what you want, moon is in cancer also where it wants to be, it should be your job because they oppose from their own signs creating a very healthy natural friction and i would have to say it is a yes.
and maybe start of job will be 28 days later, pardon me 26 days later landing around the end of april
and you know what, even if you do not get this job you will land on your feet or be offered something better, anyway the horary says that you should not worry about it, whatever happens it deoends on your choice.

that was my take on it

Last edited:

JoZi15

i know it is late to answer but i am really into writing replies these days...
moon opposes saturn at the end which is a classical no but, you are this saturn and you stand firmly on your ground, not to be messed with you, you know what you want, moon is in cancer also where it wants to be, it should be your job because they oppose from their own signs creating a very healthy natural friction and i would have to say it is a yes. and maybe start of job will be 28 days later, pardon me 26 days later landing around the end of april
and you know what, even if you do not get this job you will land on your feet or be offered something better, anyway the horary says that you should not worry about it, whatever happens it deoends on your choice.

that was my take on it
Thank you, Zarya! It’s not too late. I have another interview on Friday for this NGO gig and then maybe the offer will be made (to myself or the other candidate) following that final interview, so perhaps another week? Bringing us to Friday, April 17.

Can you share why the timing depends on Moon to perfect with Saturn and not Mars?

I hope I land on my feet no matter what too. I’ve been trying to keep the City contract alive just in case the NGO gig is not offered to me. But so far, we’ve scheduled 3 calls over the last week and each of them have been canceled 🤦🏻*♀️

Chrysalis

I hope I land on my feet no matter what too. I’ve been trying to keep the City contract alive just in case the NGO gig is not offered to me. But so far, we’ve scheduled 3 calls over the last week and each of them have been canceled 🤦🏻*♀️

I totally missed the fact that mercury was retrograde in your chart, this is what's causing all these cancellations and rescheduling with regards to your City contract. I expect this is making you feel very frustrated, to say the least.

Now mars is stronger than the moon being in its exaltation. Moon applies to oppose mars, when this perfects mars pushes its power onto the moon, now because the moons weaker than mars, with this opposition moon will return it back to mars.

I'm changing my mind, im going to say this opposition will bring you the job, but there could be a feeling of regret afterward.

JoZi15

Dear Chrysalis,

I finally had a phone meeting for the City Contract today. We are setting a planning committee meeting for next week. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is actually set and that it happens. Meanwhile, I am thankful that the project is not dead in the water.

Until I heard from them today, I had thought it might never materialize and with the NGO gig only a 50/50 chance (since there's still another candidate going to meet the executive director too), I started to reach back out last week to work that never paid very well (not well enough to pay college tuition) but was, nevertheless, politically, emotionally, and spiritually fulfilling.

Through those connections, I got two requests for support from communities hit hard by the COVID 19 crisis and I am wondering how much to get involved. It is difficult because you can get totally immersed and if I'm going to accept the NGO gig, I would not be able to take the work as far as I could. There is definitely a lot of regret here. I'm going to be supportive and volunteer since I have time and make sure that folks know I might not be around for the long term.

I wonder if this could be the regret, Chrysalis. It was even a reason I thought of not applying for the NGO gig because it would mean that I would not have time for my work with this community. In the end I decided to apply because I owe it to my family to provide them with a steadier financial foundation and to eventually get us out of subsidized housing, but it was definitely a big decision.

Thank you for taking the time to look over my post! I don't know if the regret you mention is related to the NGO gig itself or if it could be the work with communities I'll be leaving behind. I need to study dignity, debility, and reception more. I've got great recommendations for beginner's books and links though, so I'm excited.

Thank you again :smile:

Chrysalis

Thank you for taking the time to look over my post! I don't know if the regret you mention is related to the NGO gig itself or if it could be the work with communities I'll be leaving behind.

Looking at the antiscia of mars, which sits [only just] so could be debated, in the 11th house. From this, it would be the community support you are giving people that you would regret leaving if you did get the job.

JoZi15

Looking at the antiscia of mars, which sits [only just] so could be debated, in the 11th house. From this, it would be the community support you are giving people that you would regret leaving if you did get the job.

Thank you! looking up "antiscia"....

JoZi15

Quick Intermediate Update:

10 minutes before my first meeting on the City Contract, I received notice that it's been "postponed indefinitely." So frustrating!!! That was Mercury Rx (the last separating aspect made by Moon) in the Horary. Sigh.

As for the NGO position, I had a great interview last Friday (4/10) but it was not the slam dunk the first three interviews were. The ED knows her stuff and asked really tough questions. Still, I think I did well and would be well suited for the position and the organization.

I emailed the recruiter with one additional reference and a bit of work experience given new information the ED shared in our interview. The recruiter responded a few days later saying she'd received the info and apologized for how backed up she was. She still hoped to have a decision by Friday (4/17) but at the time of the email on Wednesday (4/15), she had not reconvened the panel to discuss a final decision on the two candidates, nor had they started reference checks.

We shall see what happens.

Incidentally, last Thursday (4/9), I got a call from a Board member of a previous client and she asked me to apply for a social justice consulting project last minute (because she wasn’t satisfied with the applicants and proposals received) which would begin at the end of this month (if I'm selected). I'm submitting the proposal today or tomorrow (since I have all this time now).

So frustrated with the City contract!!!

I want to vent but I could redirect all this energy to submit a great proposal for the social justice contract. Sigh.

I need to remember how fortunate I am that I am not forced to work as an essential employee right now being put in danger every day in order to keep others safe and provided for. Grateful. Redirecting my energy anyway.

Have a beautiful day everyone :love:

Last edited: