Progressed Moon conj Asc and some transits

sandyv63

I’ve been very unhappy with my career path since attaining my college education. Three college degrees and 10+ years later, I feel like the universe is telling me I’ve given this career path everything I have and it just isn’t going to give me what I need. Actually, I’ve been feeling this way for a few years now but at this point in my life, I need to plan an exit strategy. I can’t just quit my job and hope it will all turn out fine. To this end, I have begun a study program to increase my skill set in investments. I have dipped my toe in this ocean before, but never really committed because I knew I lacked the prerequisite skills to do it successfully. However, I now feel the time is right to dedicate myself to learning this skill set. As my background is in financial analysis, it’s going quite well so far. I seem to be catching on quickly (of course not fast enough for me!)

When I look at my transits and progressions, I see some support for this. Progressed Moon has just changed signs from Aries, where I experienced a Lunar return, to Taurus, and is now headed towards a conjunction of my ascendant as well as a nice set of trines to my natal Virgo planets. Transit-wise Jupiter has been sextiling this same Virgo stellium, perhaps nudging me to take on some serious studying and learning. That being said, tr. Jupiter is currently squaring my natal Saturn and of course I am feeling cautious about the whole thing. On the one hand, I don’t want to feel over exuberant and on the other hand, I feel so stagnant in my current situation that I feel like I must make a drastic (but well planned and practical) change. I feel like I need to go off on my own and do my own thing. I am tired of being owned for 8 hours a day. I am tired of someone else having the authority to tell me what to do for these 8 hours. I don’t want to be told what to do anymore, and I also don’t want to tell anyone else what to do.

I’m also concerned about tr. Neptune opposing my natal Venus and soon, tr. Saturn and Pluto conjoining my natal MC in Capricorn. I’m not sure how to interpret it but as this Saturn-Pluto conjunction falls right on my MC, I assume it will impact me in a big way. I’d like to be ready for it.

My solar return chart this year is interesting, if not a bit freaky. The sun lands in my 2nd house so finances are a priority. My natal Moon-Mars opposition in the 6-12 houses is repeated with the Moon in Cancer in the 12th house and Mars in Capricorn in the 6th house. I work with difficult women. I don’t like the idea of this continuing through the year but it has been a recurring theme in my career since 2012. It’s another motivating factor for me to do my own thing. I am also posting my solar return chart.

I recently purchased a condo (progressed lunar return I’m sure) and while I am happy in my new home (it’s so much larger than my last apartment), I had to move away from the beach. I miss the beach. One of my goals is to purchase another property in another state and live half the year here in Florida and the other half in another state. This is a long term goal as I anticipate this would take quite a while to achieve. However, this goal drives me so I think about it frequently.

The chart attached includes my natal, progressions and transits. I would appreciate any insights, as I feel I really need to plan this change well. Thank you for your consideration.

Attachments

• Prog and trans.jpg
    Prog and trans.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Solar return.jpg
    Solar return.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 26

sandyv63

This is my actual birth time, verified by my mother and the doctor who delivered me. I was born at exactly 9:30PM.

ElenaJ

Samantha, recently I too doubted the birth time of a friend who said they were born at noon. Impossible! Turns out his mother always said she heard the church bells ringing as he was delivered. So, we both found exceptions to the rule!

ElenaJ

Sandy, I was going to pass on this one, but I happened to look at the charts. Just to clarify, between you and I there are enough years so I could be your mother. Having said that, every one of your progressed personal planets touches one of mine, so I thought this might give me some insight into your situation. (progressed sun and mercury on my natal Venus, moon on my moon, Venus on my sun). Let's see if I'm right. First off, hats off to you, at your age not resigning yourself and resting on the past, but rather wanting to improve yourself, very admirable. As Samantha wrote, the social prejudices against your age are a real consideration in the US. Other countries do not necessarily have these limits, and since you have the cusps of the MH (career) and the 9th (foreign contacts) both ruled by Saturn, this might be a consideration. Another one might be teaching based on your lifelong experience in your field, this type of personnel is always in request. You have sun conjunct Venus in the 5th sextile Neptune in the 7th so I suspect you are quite a charmer. Maybe your aries moon in the 12th of self-undoing opposing mars in your 6th of work place (in libra, sign of women) tends to make you a little agressive, maybe even pushy, without realising it, or doing things on your own without consulting and following the proper channels, and you tend to get your co-worker's back up a bit? Which accounts for the "difficult" women in your work place. This may simply be their re-action to your action. If you are handling other people's money, this is Jupiter ruling your 8th, which is sextile natal Saturn (ruler of your career). This is a good field for you. Also, the positive aspects of Venus, natural ruler of the 2nd of money back this up. The virgo stellium makes you detail-minded. Take a closer look at that moon entering taurus, still in your 12th. It's coming onto transiting Uranus. No wonder you don't want to be bossed by others and want to break free! This feeling will get stronger before it goes away. Natal Neptune is on the cusp of your 7th of partners, and in your solar return it's opposing your sun from the 2nd (self worth) to the 8th (sex). You aren't by chance having a secret love affair that's distracting you? The classic middle-age male urge to reassure himself? Plus all those scorpio progressions. Just wondering out loud. No offence meant.Your natal 4th of home is ruled by cancer (water) and we go back to that 12th house moon opposing mars. In the solar return chart again you have water (scorpio) ruled this time by mars, back to square one, aren't we? You have difficulty being happy with your home. With Jupiter there at the moment it might be a good time to act on the second home. Why another state? Why not another country? Apparently the problem isn't just being by the beach. Or are you just expressing all those niggly virgo analyses you like to do, picking apart the situation? I also would not worry too much about the saturn/pluto conjunction to your MH. The one will give you steadfastness, the other the possibility to transform your situation. Not sure if this can help you at all, but good luck on it.

sandyv63

First of all, thank you so much for all the responses.

The competition thing is not an issue as I have no intention of being in the workforce anymore. That's what I mean by "do my own thing." I should have been more clear. And tell me about discrimination in the workforce. I've dealt with it since getting my education rather late.

It is so true that the atmosphere at work is very important to me. To this end, I am very helpful and considerate to my coworkers. When I was younger, I was more aggressive (and very impatient) just as ElenaJ mentioned. However, over the years I've found that being nice works wonders and being difficult just brings more difficulty. While I've been unhappy with management in my past few jobs, my relationships with coworkers have been fabulous. I'm really grateful for that. Since I really don't like discord in the workplace, I go out of my way to keep the relationship with the boss as pleasant as possible, and overall I have to admit that I am probably treated the best because of this. This does not mean she treats me well, just that she is better to me than the rest of her staff. She is downright abusive to one other person who works under her and it is probably only a matter of time until a grievance is filed. She really crosses the line with this poor girl. I think I've been able to survive here because I don't let her behavior (the boss) get to me like it does my coworkers. She takes credit for other people's work (mine included but I just don't care); she wants everyone to know she's important and she's the boss, and she treats the clerical staff as if they are beneath her. It's so sad. People on my floor are so disgusted with her, including other managers. I stay out of it. I hate drama. That being said, compared to my last job with the psycho narcissistic boss, this place is heavenly.

I don't handle other people's money in my current job; I manage and review budgets and monthly financials. Well, I suppose it's fair to say I indirectly handle their money. The direction I want to go in is investments and options trading. I am not new to this but I never pursued it in the past because I was (and still am) working. My training has been going well but I feel like I need more knowledge as it is very technical. My skills as an analyst have been very helpful. As much as I am enjoying learning options trading, etc., I don't yet feel confident enough to do this professionally (for myself, not handling other people's investments) and I plan on continuing my training until I feel very secure in my knowledge and I have been successful in my paper account. Well, I've already been successful in my paper account but I need more time. If I were to decide to stay in the workforce, I'd probably stay where I am until retirement because it is a government job and there is a bit more security with a government job (and the benefits are great.) I don't want to start all over (again!) in another job.

And ElenaJ, thank you for the laugh. No, I am not having a secret love affair. I have no interest in having a relationship and I doubt I ever will. I don't want the distraction. I've been on my own for soooo long that I doubt I could handle being someones wife or girlfriend. I also have no interest in teaching, at least not professionally. I'm the eternal student type, curious about everything. But I seem to be the go-to person when my coworkers need to understand something as I have miraculously learned to have patience when showing others how to accomplish a task. I was NOT like this in my youth. All those Scorpio progressions I think are indicative of me trying to make very drastic changes in my life concerning security & money. I've never had much of either and I feel a powerful need to accomplish this. Maybe it's just me asserting control over myself, hence the desire to NOT have to answer to a difficult boss or rely on a job for security. I put so much into my work (well, I used to care much more than I do now) but I never benefited from my hard work. It's always the boss or the owner or some other party that benefits from all my hard work. No more. If I'm going to work that hard, it has to be for my own benefit. As hard as I've worked my whole life, I feel like I haven't accomplished much. I want to fulfill my potential and accomplish something in this lifetime.

I'm not sure what you mean about being unhappy in my home. I'm rather delighted with it. I was unhappy with the apartment I was renting while I lived on the beach because the kitchen was tiny. Actually, the apartment was tiny. I doubled my living space when I bought this condo and I feel like it was a step towards improving my security. Yes, I miss the beach and I can't have a garden (which I also didn't have in the apartment obviously) but I'm fine with the trade-off. If I am successful enough to be able to purchase a 2nd home in another state, it would definitely have a garden!

Anyway, I hope I have clarified some of the details that were fuzzy. Once again, I am appreciative of everyone's comments. It really helps me consider things I had not seen (no matter how much I over analyze things...)

unique_astrology

Great responses. Uplifting to see the sisterhood come to your aid.

Is it possible for you to take a vacation to a location - Santa Fe, NM?

Your natal Moon/Jupiter midpoint trines the MC within 00°42'. Your Mercury/Uranus midpoint sits within 00°14'of the Desc. Natal Venus is within 00°33' of the Desc. Go write romance novels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Fe,_New_Mexico#Demographics

"Santa Fe is the capital of the U.S. state of New Mexico. It is the fourth-largest city in the state and the seat of Santa Fe County."

"The age distribution was 20.3% under 18, 8.9% from 18 to 24, 29.0% from 25 to 44, 28.0% from 45 to 64, and 13.9% who were 65 or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females, there were 91.7 males. For every 100 women age 18 and over, there were 89.0 men.

The median income for a household in the city was $40,392, and the median income for a family was $49,705. Men had a median income of $32,373 versus $27,431 for women. The per capita income for the city was $25,454. About 9.5% of families and 12.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 17.2% of those under age 18 and 9.2% of those age 65 or over."

Attachments

• Santa Fe Sandy.jpg
    Santa Fe Sandy.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 29
  • NM Climate.jpg
    NM Climate.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

sandyv63

I was thinking of Orange County in Southern California actually. I’ve never been to New Mexico but I sure wouldn’t mind going for a visit. I really like the West. As for writing romance novels, I don’t have the patience. I love historic novels and fantasy/sci-fi so I’d probably write some kind of quirky novel about aliens renovating a castle during the Middle Ages. Ha!

I agree, I’ve been fortunate to receive some wonderful responses here. Everyone is so supportive and generous with their knowledge.

Thank you for looking at my post! :biggrin:

unique_astrology

With your relocated Sag on the MC the leader of the aliens (who marries the heroine - the miller's daughter) would be large and and mirthful; with relocated Asc in Pisces you would certainly make him quirky. You would relate to him because with Virgo on the Desc he would be detail oriented like you. Being an alien he would want to live in a castle surrounded by mountains for protection. The only attacks might come from the air which his spaceship would control with superior speed and maneuverability.

sandyv63

Sounds like an award winning plot to me!

I have to say that I’m really not the typical detail oriented Virgo; I’m very much the big picture type who gets bored and impatient with the details. I’m thinking this is due to my Aries Moon. Oh, and I’m embarrassed to admit that I’m a disorganized slob. I hate to clean. Thank goodness I finally have a fabulous cleaning lady that I can trust. In the past, the cleaning people I’ve had would steal my thyroid meds. For the longest time I couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t a neat freak. I mean, come on! Four planets in Virgo and I’m a slob? How can that Possibly be? I finally decided it must be my Uranus placement. If anyone else can explain my Oscar Madison ways (alright, I’m not that bad), please do tell. Even my desk at work is a mess. I tidy it up constantly and five minutes later it looks awful again. One of my college professors told me a messy desk was a sign of creative genius. He said it with a straight face so I have to believe him. :biggrin: I’ve tried to embrace that but I really want to be a total neat freak.

unique_astrology

I think it is that Moon opp Mars - that's a hustle bustle Moon - always on the go. And Neptune angular - straighten it out later, after the work is done. The Moon-Mars dominates when there is work to be done (Moon more personal than Neptune comes first). Neptune gets his turn when the work is done.

Last edited: