Is my chart bad????

Rawiri

Well, the question is always "bad for what?"

As far as someone's general path in life though - it is a hard path in your case, yes.

waybread

No, of course it's not bad. God doesn't make mistakes.

You do have a strong focus in three signs: Scorpio, Capricorn, and Pisces. You have used an equal house system, which puts your sun and Capricorn planets in the 8th house. In a so-called quadrant system, they would probably be in the 9th house. So as you learn more astrology, see which house seems like the best fit with you.

The 8th house got a bad rap as the traditional house of death, but I have noticed that 8th house people are very private, and they do think about death more often than other people. This is supposed to be a good house for people interested in life-and-death matters like paramedics and hospice workers.

The 9th house deals with things that expand your mental horizons, such as overseas travel, higher education, philosophy, and theology.

Sometimes moon-Pluto people had a dysfunctional relationship with their mothers, and this can obviously affect their self-confidence.

You need to live life with a lot of intensity! Others may not appreciate this about you, but you have to be yourself.

Rawiri

Is it because of all the 8th house planets?

Emotionally mainly... and career wise

No. A focus on the 8th house itself does not have to be troublesome. But it does create a potential weakness.

There are numerous reasons it is a "hard chart." They are just magnified by it being an 8th house. Jupiter is in fall in Capricorn and very strongly combust the sun while being in the 8th. Jupiter provides luck, optimism etc in life - in that state it is not going to do any of that, in fact the opposite.

Of further concern is that the moon is very close to the lowest point.

There are certain degrees where a planet is maximum exalted, for the moon that is 3 degrees Taurus - the opposite that is 3 degrees scorpio where it is worse. The first 3 degrees of scorpio are among the worse places for the moon to be. The moon is important in any chart - a good moon can bring up an otherwise **** chart...and a bad moon can pull a whole chart down - as it is the consciousness of the person themselves, the lens through which they see everything (and in fact, through which much of their lives is created).

Further, you have three traditional "planets" in the 6th and 3 in the 8th (I include the south node for this)...when you have an equal number like that on either side of the 7th or 1st house (and a few other places) you get what is called a "bondage yoga"...it makes the person stuck in life, particularly as concerns whatever those planets are trying to do.

All that said, you have some ok things, even some good things for career...over the next few years (this starting as of three weeks ago and till mid 2019) you should - if I'm not missing something - achieve some decent career "levels" that you weren't able to achieve in the past.

Someone like you also has some very good divisions for "spirituality" and deeper understanding beyond the average person - and delving in such things would be incredibly valuable especially considering your moon. Your path is hard - but there are still some very good stuff on it.

sibylline

Is there a reason you used Equal houses for your chart? In most house systems you don't have an 8th house stellium.

Also, since the time for your chart appears rounded, and 5 minutes earlier would put Taurus on the Ascendant, I think this would be worth looking into.

SweetTruthSeeker

Is there a reason you used Equal houses for your chart? In most house systems you don't have an 8th house stellium.

Also, since the time for your chart appears rounded, and 5 minutes earlier would put Taurus on the Ascendant, I think this would be worth looking into.

I'm currently studying astrology... very early days but i definitely think I'm a Mercury ascendent... even tho I can be quiet the other side of me talks alot. lol

I feel the Mercury rising suits me more.

I love learning astrology... I feel it helps so much with understanding people...

I just feel relationships would run has smoothly.

Also not sure where learning this astrology will take me?

Last edited:

SweetTruthSeeker

No, of course it's not bad. God doesn't make mistakes.

You do have a strong focus in three signs: Scorpio, Capricorn, and Pisces. You have used an equal house system, which puts your sun and Capricorn planets in the 8th house. In a so-called quadrant system, they would probably be in the 9th house. So as you learn more astrology, see which house seems like the best fit with you.

The 8th house got a bad rap as the traditional house of death, but I have noticed that 8th house people are very private, and they do think about death more often than other people. This is supposed to be a good house for people interested in life-and-death matters like paramedics and hospice workers.

The 9th house deals with things that expand your mental horizons, such as overseas travel, higher education, philosophy, and theology.

Sometimes moon-Pluto people had a dysfunctional relationship with their mothers, and this can obviously affect their self-confidence.

You need to live life with a lot of intensity! Others may not appreciate this about you, but you have to be yourself.

Thank you for taking time out to reply x

SweetTruthSeeker

Because I'm new to astrology.. this is what I've been taught to use first

sibylline

I'm currently studying astrology... very early days but i definitely think I'm a Mercury ascendent... even tho I can be quiet the other side of me talks alot. lol

I feel the Mercury rising suits me more.

I love learning astrology... I feel it helps so much with understanding people...

I just feel relationships would run has smoothly.

Also not sure where learning this astrology will take me?

Or if I would be any good at it, but I easily get distracted by bad relationships.

It is still worth checking out if you're going to study astrology. Having a time like 12:30 PM with a short ascension sign at 1 degree rings all sorts of alarm bells. As far as equal houses go, I would suggest doing your own research. I use Placidus becomes it's simply most accurate for me.

Yes, it does help tremendously with understanding people, including yourself. It is one of the most valuable subjects I've ever learned.

Jadi

What makes u think that.. lol

People are always asking if I'm psychic
Some things:

- Jupiter cazimi near the MC, very spiritual and positive approach, you could also be divinely 'protected' since the Sun absorbs and magnifies Jupiterian qualities.
- Moon/Pluto in Scorpio, extremely deep penetrating insights in adverse situations.
- Neptune/mercury, your mind is finely attuned to your intuition. Mercury is the ruler of the chart, but I hope your TOB is correct.
- SN/Saturn could indicate spiritual resilience, you'd rely on the intuitions based on past(life) experiences.

Last edited:

waybread

The equal house system does seem to be more popular in Britain. It's far enough north that you can get a lot of skewing of houses with a quadrant system at certain times of year.

I suggest you use the free charts pages at Astrodienst at www.astro.com . It has the option of casting your chart in Placidus and whole signs, two other popular house systems. See what best seems like the real you!

I don't want to get woo-woo about it, but with your vertex conjunct your moon and septile Uranus, you probably have some psychic abilities or sudden, clear insights. If you are interested in reading charts for people, this can be a big asset.

SweetTruthSeeker

The equal house system does seem to be more popular in Britain. It's far enough north that you can get a lot of skewing of houses with a quadrant system at certain times of year.

I suggest you use the free charts pages at Astrodienst at www.astro.com . It has the option of casting your chart in Placidus and whole signs, two other popular house systems. See what best seems like the real you!

I don't want to get woo-woo about it, but with your vertex conjunct your moon and septile Uranus, you probably have some psychic abilities or sudden, clear insights. If you are interested in reading charts for people, this can be a big asset.

To be able to be a good astrologer and read people's charts would be a dream come true for me.... Really hope I'm able to get there

waybread

I hope you will learn all of the astrology you can, then just take baby steps here or on another astrology forum reading charts for people. See what kind of feedback you get, and how other members interpret the same chart.

I highly recommend the books by Robert Hand, Planets in Youth and Planets in Transit, as well as Steven Forrest, The Inner Sky.

muchacho

What makes u think that.. lol

People are always asking if I'm psychic
Just look at all those planets (and houses) connected to the 8th house and Scorpio and Pisces either by rulership or placement: 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th lords are all in the 8th (all the angles!), then a Scorpio Moon in the 5th and a Pisces Mars and Venus in the 10th and 8th lord also in Scorpio.

obsidianmineral

Some things:

- Jupiter cazimi near the MC, very spiritual and positive approach, you could also be divinely 'protected' since the Sun absorbs and magnifies Jupiterian qualities.
- Moon/Pluto in Scorpio, extremely deep penetrating insights in adverse situations.
- Neptune/mercury, your mind is finely attuned to your intuition. Mercury is the ruler of the chart, but I hope your TOB is correct.
- SN/Saturn could indicate spiritual resilience, you'd rely on the intuitions based on past(life) experiences.

About that, there are people who consider a planet to be cazimi when it's conjunct the Sun within a degree of difference, while others consider it's only cazimi when there's a difference of 17 minutes or less. I guess a planet is considered powerful when it's in the heart of the sun because instead of having its light weakened, the light of the Sun becomes both the planet's and the Sun's. On the other hand, when the planet has more than a degree of difference (or 17 minutes if you want) then the light is seperate and it doesn't mix with the Sun's.

I really wonder which consideration is better. Earlier authors said it's a degree of difference while latter authors say it's only 17 minutes. If you were to ask me my opinion though, I'd say that it's cazimi when you can see that, through transits, the energy of the Sun + the planet is manifested as a mix of things. Transits say that an aspect only takes effect when there's a degree of difference between the natal planet and the transiting planet. Sooo maybe that's a good testimony for the one degree difference opinion? Let me know what you think please