A True Waking Nightmare: Transiting Saturn Square Natal Venus During Saturn Return

JUPITERASC

JA!! What?! How could you? :wink:
I'm actually stunned! :lol:
You are much better at detail than this . . . ?
If you look, we are talking merely about transiting Saturn and natal Venus, nothing more, nothing less.
:wink: :tongue:
I'm no expert as I have just proven then :smile:
In any event I'm simply highlighting that Kitchy speaks a language other than English
therefore misunderstandings easily occur
surprising is that you are unaware how that factor
may have contributed to
a misunderstanding on Kitchys part
that
a square between Saturn and Venus
has two perspectives
i.e.
Transiting Saturn and natal Venus
Transiting Venus and natal Saturn
and that furthermore
it is useful to compare those differences since the same two planets are involved

Cypocryphy

I'm no expert as I have just proven then :smile:
In any event I'm simply highlighting that Kitchy speaks a language other than English
therefore misunderstandings easily occur
surprising is that you are unaware how that factor
may have contributed to
a misunderstanding on Kitchys part
that
a square between Saturn and Venus
has two perspectives
i.e.
Transiting Saturn and natal Venus
Transiting Venus and natal Saturn
and that furthermore
it is useful to compare those differences since the same two planets are involved

Hey. :smile: I was just teasing. :tongue: Anyway, it's commendable that you always champion the underdog but I think everyone knows that no one is talking about transiting Venus :wink:

Kitchy

Banned
i must'a fell on my head and landed in a neptune thread.

cypocraphty -

I have Venus-Saturn sextile 22' pisces and 22 cap - and they have been hit together my whole life, so - yes - the transits are no different from my expertise. wait till saturn squares or conjuncts your sun or your IC and then maybe i'll listen.

and no - my boss losing his job, katy-did is not my drama because i am too smart to let something sneak up on me when it comes to my pocketbook or livliehood, because i learned never to bite the hand that truly feeds me - ME - which saturn is very good at telling us well in advance of said drama, that we might have to do.

carry on little fishers of men

Last edited:

katydid

i must'a fell on my head and landed in a neptune thread.

cypocraphty -

I have Venus-Saturn sextile 22' pisces and 22 cap - and they have been hit together my whole life, so - yes - the transits are no different from my expertise. wait till saturn squares or conjuncts your sun or your IC and then maybe i'll listen.

and no - my boss losing his job, katy-did is not my drama because i am too smart to let something sneak up on me when it comes to my pocketbook or livliehood, because i learned never to bite the hand that truly feeds me - ME
- which saturn is very good at telling us well in advance of said drama, that we might have to do.

carry on little fishers of men

OK, so YOU are too smart for Saturn and according to you it never causes drama in your life. But that was not the question I was responding to. The question, as I understood it, was ' how do difficult Saturn transits to Venus affect one's life' ...

And in my experience, Saturn DOES, in fact, often cause difficulties and drama because of the delays, loss, break ups and financial stress, that often come with the transit. /

What does this 'little fishers of men' mean? I don't know why you always have to say mean things to others when you reply to posts...:unsure:

spock

This looks like a real multidimensional nightmare; the blackest, stormiest clouds you've ever seen, descending on life and relationships. The SaturnS are in Sagittarius and Venus in Pisces, the former in the sixth house and the latter in the ninth house. Saturn rules the seventh house and Venus rules the fourth and the twelfth.

But in general, what has been your experience with transiting :saturn: :square: natal :venus:?

Have you had any positive experiences?
"The SaturnS"? Sounds like you feel like you have several. Maybe that, and your apparent negative image of Saturn, is why you have such an extremely gloomy expectation. Multidimensional nightmare? The blackest, stormiest clouds you've ever seen? Good grief! If this period does turn out badly for you it might be as an exemplar of that old saying, What I have feared has come upon me. Negative expectations can turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

My natal Venus is 17°31" Libra. Saturn is 24°53" Cancer. During my Saturn Return in 1975 I moved from Portland, Oregon to Denver, Colorado. I was almost immediately added as a speaker at the regional conference due to begin in August thanks to the recommendation of a colleague who moved there several months earlier. Before the conference I wrote a flyer, About Transit Analysis, which the conference organizers were kind enough to hand out at the registration table. My two lectures were heavily attended and very popular. I think it would be fair to say I was the breakout star of the conference. Subsequently, using a mailing list the conference organizers kindly provided, I organized a very successful transit course. My Saturn Return thus coincided with a period during which I was highly lauded and became a member of the local astrological community with greatly enhanced status. Multidimensional nightmare and storm clouds indeed. I'll probably never get over it.

Although the effect of a Saturn transit is going to be similar each time, the outcome won't necessarily be the same and it won't necessarily be catastrophically negative. Look back to when you were 14-15 and 21-22 to get at least an idea of how this transit pattern, Saturn hard-angle natal Saturn and Venus, has worked for you. During the square in 1967-68, for instance, I got married and a few months later moved from southern Indiana to Portland, Oregon, leaving behind a factory job and finding more satisfying work as an actuarial trainee at a life insurance company. During both periods I was uncharacteristically decisive and confident. I knew what I wanted and went after it. Saturn is not your enemy. It's your self-image, or ego, which tends to change, for better or worse, during Saturn transits.

Last edited:

muchacho

This looks like a real multidimensional nightmare; the blackest, stormiest clouds you've ever seen, descending on life and relationships. The SaturnS are in Sagittarius and Venus in Pisces, the former in the sixth house and the latter in the ninth house. Saturn rules the seventh house and Venus rules the fourth and the twelfth.

But in general, what has been your experience with transiting :saturn: :square: natal :venus:?

Have you had any positive experiences?
Saturn in Sagittarius loses most of its malefic effects. :wink:

Cypocryphy

"The SaturnS"? Sounds like you feel like you have several. Maybe that, and your apparent negative image of Saturn, is why you have such an extremely gloomy expectation. Multidimensional nightmare? The blackest, stormiest clouds you've ever seen? Good grief! If this period does turn out badly for you it might be as an exemplar of that old saying, What I have feared has come upon me. Negative expectations can turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Thanks for your thoughts, Mr. Spock. :smile: First of all, the title was written in the superlative, in the spirit of your supermarket tabloid, better known in yesteryears as a "slug line." Do I have a negative image of Saturn? Yes, I do—until I look at him from a different angle, but that's not the point with this post and another story entirely.

Second of all, this is not my chart; this is not me. And in one's regard to attitude, it appears as if I have found myself in the unfortunate position of informing you that your thoughts—at their very best—will only serve as a means of mitigating the pernicious effects of Saturn—or, sometimes, its mortiferous effects. Thoughts have power, absolutely. They are extremely powerful. Nevertheless, the currents created by yesterdays thoughts and actions cannot be trumped by the best attitude that you can muster today. And Saturn symbolizes that "karma," if you will.

That is not to say that there are wondrous associations with Saturn. I do not deny that by any means. Absolutely. However, this unfortunately is not one of those situations as time will show for this individual. If this person had established the necessary foundations to withstand the "storm" that is on the horizon, I would not be concerned. It appears, however, that at this time, for her, Saturn (the malefic) heralds its ill-starred inevitability.

My natal Venus is 17°31" Libra. Saturn is 24°53" Cancer. During my Saturn Return in 1975 I moved from Portland, Oregon to Denver, Colorado. I was almost immediately added as a speaker at the regional conference due to begin in August thanks to the recommendation of a colleague who moved there several months earlier. Before the conference I wrote a flyer, About Transit Analysis, which the conference organizers were kind enough to hand out at the registration table. My two lectures were heavily attended and very popular. I think it would be fair to say I was the breakout star of the conference. Subsequently, using a mailing list the conference organizers kindly provided, I organized a very successful transit course. My Saturn Return thus coincided with a period during which I was highly lauded and became a member of the local astrological community with greatly enhanced status. Multidimensional nightmare and storm clouds indeed. I'll probably never get over it.

That's quite fascinating. I would like to hear more about this. :smile: Your Venus, incidentally, is shielded by its being exalted by Saturn and in the sign of its rulership. That's quite an auspicious situation (one of a kind) to have one's Venus during a Saturn return and having a quadrate angle involved.

I don't know if you'd want to but for the purpose of edification, I think it would be wonderful if you could post your chart for us to see.

What's the rulership of your tenth and eleventh houses? What was your experience with close relationships at this time? Did you find yourself having to either put much more effort into them? Did you find that some disappeared? How did you navigate your way in the area of love at this time?

Although the effect of a Saturn transit is going to be similar each time, the outcome won't necessarily be the same and it won't necessarily be catastrophically negative.

Absolutely agree. And my belief (understanding) is that this is due to the "seeds we sow" leading up to this event. If we've fortified ourselves; e.g., created healthy relationships, saved and secured our finances, etc., then we should, at best, pass through this period with nothing more than a blink. But if that's not the case, then hard lessons can be learned.

Also, as Jupiters Ascendant stated early on in the thread, it is nearly impossible to tell in a general sense because each chart will augment the effect significantly.

Look back to when you were 14-15 and 21-22 to get at least an idea of how this transit pattern, Saturn hard-angle natal Saturn and Venus, has worked for you. During the square in 1967-68, for instance, I got married and a few months later moved from southern Indiana to Portland, Oregon, leaving behind a factory job and finding more satisfying work as an actuarial trainee at a life insurance company. During both periods I was uncharacteristically decisive and confident. I knew what I wanted and went after it. Saturn is not your enemy. It's your self-image, or ego, which tends to change, for better or worse, during Saturn transits.

That's very interesting, Mr. Spock. If you wouldn't mind, could I have your birth details? I'd like to go through and analyze your chart. It would be very informative for me, and I think it might help me get a clearer perspective. I appreciate very much your post, nonetheless. :happy:

BTW: Hello from Portland, Oregon. :happy:

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Portland Oregon, Crypto -

I lived there for 22 years up until 2008 - raised my son in that town. Now I can understand why you might have a negative image of Saturn. It's a Capricorn town.

Katydid - I am mean, of course I am - it's that awful Saturn that makes me mean. But to say "you are smarter than Saturn?" HA! No - I just have the benefit of listening to him and becoming smart because of him.

"Little fishers of Men" = Neptunians.

I like Spock's take on Saturn.

Saturn doesn't bring sudden hardship or trauma or upheaval. That's Uranus Neptune Pluto domain. Saturn is kind enough to forewarn us that we are heading down the wrong road - to realign ourselves to the right road or risk the consequences.

Venus likes the easy road. Who has ever claimed that Venus makes them want to follow the rules and work hard and stay out of trouble when they are so used to attracting all the good things they hope for without effort?

So - if Saturn hits Venus hard - the proverbial can of whoop@ss on those who like to coast, who expect something for nothing, who aren't willing to work for things they have - sure, it can be traumatic. But it's not like Saturn didn't let us know, well in advance that we were heading for a fall with those conceptual paradigms. That's Saturn's beauty. Reward for work done right and well. Consequences for things done badly.

Truthfully - whom among us can ever say we "never saw that coming" where Saturn is concerned? True achievement comes to those who say "I worked my @rse of for this - yay for me! If we understand Saturn in his purity - teacher, pedagogue, rubbing our face in it early so that we don't drown in it later - who can really fault Saturn when he tries to redirect our deaf ears and blind eyes?

It is the planet of achievement and opportunity to do things right to be rewarded with achievement. Luck is not Saturn's game, nor is upheaval.

At worst, Saturn is there for the clean-up of the outer planets destructive qualities and for the inner planets sense of entitlement - unfortunately though, Saturn is blamed for all of it, because he's the only one who sticks around.

Cypocryphy

I have Saturn square my natal Venus right now. I don't know what the Venus/Saturn theme in my life might be. I've given more thought to Saturn being conjunct my moon and Neptune (moon/Neptune squares Venus/Mercury in my natal chart). I'm also experiencing the once in a lifetime Neptune square to its natal position right now, which means Neptune is in opposition to natal Venus. So, with all of these transits taken together, plus all the other transits to other natal planets, I can't very well say what's Saturn and what's Neptune and what's something else.

Hey Osamenor! :smile: This might not seem relevant to you, but are you male or female? I think these expressions operate differently, to some degree, depending on your sex. My impression is that you are male, for some reason.

Anyway, I too have Saturn conjoined to my Moon. I have Neptune in near partile opposition to my Sun/Venus conjunction and, incidentally, I have Neptune square its natal location. So you and I must be the same age. :lol: And I was thinking that maybe we can't tell what's going on because of the nebulous effect Neptune is causing/symbolizing in our charts.

Do you have Neptune forming an opposition to your Venus, mercury? Just curious.

And how have your relationships been? Have you found yourself spending much more time by yourself?

If you have Saturn square Venus right now, you also have Neptune either transiting or opposing your Venus. If your Venus is in Pisces, it's being transited by its ruler, so I would think the Pisces-ness of your Venus is being magnified.

Her transiting :neptune: is :sextile: her natal :moon: It won't be for some time before Neptune conjoins with her natal Venus.

If it's in Virgo, it's being opposed by its direct opposite, although Venus naturally vibes better with Neptune than with Virgo... so maybe there's some anti-itself energy going on? A challenge from Neptune, which encourages dissolution of boundaries and not being bogged down in detail, to a Venus that tends to relate by tending to the little details. At the same time, whether your Venus is in Virgo or Pisces, it's receiving a challenge from the boundary-and-commitment-oriented Saturn, which is losing some of its constrictiveness by being in magnifying Sagittarius.

Yeah, her Venus is in Pisces, which is a saving grace, so both Saturn and Venus will be under the influence of the Jupitarian (made that word up) influence. Whether that's good or not, I'll have to see. Jupiter and Saturn kind of work at cross purposes.

Is that a Saturn thing, or a Neptune thing? Things flying away, or dissolving, sounds very Neptune to me.

It is certainly hard to tell.

My way of relating to friends is to drop in and out of touch repeatedly over the years. Always has been. My longterm friends are all people who handle this the same way. With the people who are in my life day to day, it's more of a comfortable and consistent relating. I don't see Saturn square Venus changing this any.

So would you say that you have a distant approach to friendship? Do you feel that it's better not to get too close because ultimately there will be some form of rejection?

Last time Saturn squared my Venus, I was at the beginning of what would be a ten year relationship, deeply committed. I don't think that wrecked it any.

Yeah! I think this is absolutely a way it can manifest. So it was at the beginning, huh? You started this relationship during this square?

I suppose I'll share with you the way I view Saturn. I call Saturn the "manifestor." Over the years, I have seen this planet "manifest" what's in a persons life, the energy that has been developed and is surrounding the person. It will "give" his or her life events material form. So, if you are in a relationship that's on the rocks, and the energy expressed by the relationship is not constructive (destructive), Saturn will manifest that energy into the material world in the form of an event, so it would manifest the dissolution of that relationship. However, if the energy surrounding that situation was positive and constructive, then the relationship will actually become solidified and stable. The Jyotish interpretation includes wealth in its association with Venus (as part of its general symbolic meaning), but that's not necessarily true, as I have found. In fact, you won't really find this mentioned traditionally, either.

One thing I can see in the current Saturn square: I'm currently studying herbalism, in an intensive program, in the hopes of making that my new career. I have the MC in Libra, making Venus its ruler, and Venus in Virgo, which would give it some earthy/practical and health/healing implications. Saturn square could indicate a challenge to work at it and build my skills, and a warning that I'm nowhere near ready to start yet. Saturn, incidentally, is transiting the cusp of my twelfth house, and has been for months because of its retrograde. Venus is in the eighth/whole sign ninth. Saturn also rules my AC, which loosely trines Venus (and tightly trines Mercury).

Cool! There was a point in my life when I had been seriously considering going into homeopathy. :happy: The healing arts are something I'm fond of. I mean, I was debating whether to go to med school, too, but I was missing some science requisites and would have had to do a post-bacc for about a year (maybe a little less) and that was not something I was willing to do.

I'm inclined to interpret the twelfth house transit, in the sign associated with education and experience, as building up my practice behind the scenes. Maybe I'll be ready to take it out into the world when Saturn reaches my AC in early 2018.

Or it could signify that you are in the beginning stages at this moment, so you are not out in the world doing it; however, once it hits your ascendant it could signify the final "manifestation" of your efforts now. :smile:

Cypocryphy

Saturn in Sagittarius loses most of its malefic effects. :wink:

I totally disagree. That's way too general a statement.

The problem here is not necessarily her T:saturn: :square: N:venus:. The problem here is the partile N:uranus: :square: N:venus:, which compounds the N:saturn: :square: N:venus:

This is a tremendously powerful Uranian effect. 😕

Kitchy

Banned
So - has the question changed from saturn - venus to uranus - venus?

yep - a really dirty ba*stard that uranus on venus.
been there done that got the bloody t-shirt as a souvenir during a fairly recent once in 84 years transit.

So, now, you're onto something.....glad you realized it has nothing to do with saturn....

keep going..... (unless this is a trad thing where uranus doesn't really exist?)

;)

Last edited:

spock

Thanks for your thoughts, Mr. Spock. :smile: First of all, the title was written in the superlative, in the spirit of your supermarket tabloid, better known in yesteryears as a "slug line." Do I have a negative image of Saturn? Yes, I do—until I look at him from a different angle, but that's not the point with this post and another story entirely.
Supermarket tabloid is an apt description of your sensationalist style of prognostication, but that style is a disservice to any client or acquaintance it's inflicted upon. Your extraordinarily negative, superstitious, and fatalistic view of Saturn is out of date even for astrology, which is generally backward compared to other fields of knowledge.

Second of all, this is not my chart; this is not me. And in one's regard to attitude, it appears as if I have found myself in the unfortunate position of informing you that your thoughts—at their very best—will only serve as a means of mitigating the pernicious effects of Saturn—or, sometimes, its mortiferous effects. Thoughts have power, absolutely. They are extremely powerful. Nevertheless, the currents created by yesterdays thoughts and actions cannot be trumped by the best attitude that you can muster today. And Saturn symbolizes that "karma," if you will.
Saturn doesn't symbolize karma or anything else, nor does any other astrological factor, in my opinion. Saturn's effects are neither pernicious nor mortiferous, but astrological symbolism, as I opine in my article After Symbolism linked below, has certainly had a pernicious effect on our understanding of astrology.

That is not to say that there are wondrous associations with Saturn. I do not deny that by any means. Absolutely. However, this unfortunately is not one of those situations as time will show for this individual. If this person had established the necessary foundations to withstand the "storm" that is on the horizon, I would not be concerned. It appears, however, that at this time, for her, Saturn (the malefic) heralds its ill-starred inevitability.
Storm on the horizon? Ill-starred inevitability? Are you trying to scare this person to death? From time to time I read horror stories of clients scarred by old-fashioned, apodictic astrological warnings of dire things to come. If previous transit periods, at 14-15 and 21-22, have been difficult, then the appropriate thing is to let her know that these periods are recurrences of "the same thing", and to advise her to reflect on how they're similar and what she's perhaps doing to make them difficult so she can perhaps deal with the same urges and needs more constructively this time around.

That's quite fascinating. I would like to hear more about this. :smile: Your Venus, incidentally, is shielded by its being exalted by Saturn and in the sign of its rulership. That's quite an auspicious situation (one of a kind) to have one's Venus during a Saturn return and having a quadrate angle involved.
I don't think rulerships, exaltations, dignities, debilities, etc. have any effect at all or any place in a rational, natural astrology as opposed to a magical, supernatural one.

I don't know if you'd want to but for the purpose of edification, I think it would be wonderful if you could post your chart for us to see.

What's the rulership of your tenth and eleventh houses? What was your experience with close relationships at this time? Did you find yourself having to either put much more effort into them? Did you find that some disappeared? How did you navigate your way in the area of love at this time?
I have no objection to posting my chart, although I doubt that I'll agree with your way of interpreting it. You can determine the (imaginary, to me) rulerships of my tenth and eleventh houses by looking at the chart. It's attached. I have nothing to say myself because I 'believe in' neither rulerships nor houses. My experience with close relationships at 22, Saturn square itself and opposite Venus, was I got into a serious relationship for the first time, got married, then moved to Oregon in part so we could develop our relationship without interference from her parents and siblings.

That relationship ended when Saturn squared my Ascendant or, as I prefer, conjoined my Nonagesimal. When I and my second wife moved during my Saturn Return it was in part, again, to get away from in-laws (her parents lived in Oregon) so we could develop our relationship without interference. Her mother was very domineering, wanted her to marry a doctor or lawyer and kept trying to set her up with same, and ran off several previous boyfriends who didn't fit that mold. So the big change in 1975 was in part a career move and in part a relationship move.

Although the effect of a Saturn transit is going to be similar each time, the outcome won't necessarily be the same and it won't necessarily be catastrophically negative.
Absolutely agree. And my belief (understanding) is that this is due to the "seeds we sow" leading up to this event. If we've fortified ourselves; e.g., created healthy relationships, saved and secured our finances, etc., then we should, at best, pass through this period with nothing more than a blink. But if that's not the case, then hard lessons can be learned.

Also, as Jupiters Ascendant stated early on in the thread, it is nearly impossible to tell in a general sense because each chart will augment the effect significantly.
Here we're in at least partial agreement. Dealing constructively with a given transit in the past makes it easier to deal with in the future. Hence how we've dealt with it in the past affects how it's experienced in the future. But I take issue with the implicit notion that an eventful Saturn transit period is, ipso facto, one during which bad things happen, and that conversely the best that we can hope for during a Saturn transit is that nothing much happens, i.e., no news is good news. Astrology does not predict what happens to us. It predicts recurrent urges and needs — motivations or drives — that we react to (or resist reacting to) positively, negatively, or in between. And in that regard there's no difference between supposed 'malefics' like Saturn or supposed 'benefics' like Jupiter.

Look back to when you were 14-15 and 21-22 to get at least an idea of how this transit pattern, Saturn hard-angle natal Saturn and Venus, has worked for you. During the square in 1967-68, for instance, I got married and a few months later moved from southern Indiana to Portland, Oregon, leaving behind a factory job and finding more satisfying work as an actuarial trainee at a life insurance company. During both periods I was uncharacteristically decisive and confident. I knew what I wanted and went after it. Saturn is not your enemy. It's your self-image, or ego, which tends to change, for better or worse, during Saturn transits.
That's very interesting, Mr. Spock. If you wouldn't mind, could I have your birth details? I'd like to go through and analyze your chart. It would be very informative for me, and I think it might help me get a clearer perspective. I appreciate very much your post, nonetheless. :happy:

BTW: Hello from Portland, Oregon. :happy:
I miss Portland (and Eugene) and would dearly love to find employment on the west coast so I can move away from this very conservative and stultifying area. Chart is attached.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_dale_huckeby.70352.36893.png
    astro_2gw_01_dale_huckeby.70352.36893.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Hey Osamenor! :smile: This might not seem relevant to you, but are you male or female? I think these expressions operate differently, to some degree, depending on your sex. My impression is that you are male, for some reason.
And what gives you that impression?

I would like to know, before I correct or confirm it.

What differences would you expect between male and female, in this context?

Anyway, I too have Saturn conjoined to my Moon. I have Neptune in near partile opposition to my Sun/Venus conjunction and, incidentally, I have Neptune square its natal location. So you and I must be the same age. :lol: And I was thinking that maybe we can't tell what's going on because of the nebulous effect Neptune is causing/symbolizing in our charts.
Neptune is sextile its natal location when you're at or approaching your first Saturn return. The square comes about 11/12 years later.

Do you have Neptune forming an opposition to your Venus, mercury? Just curious.

Yes. Actually, the opposition has already perfected, and Neptune is moving on. It's now in 2 degrees orb of opposition with Venus, separating, and the opposition to Mercury came earlier in its Pisces transit. Venus and Mercury are about 5 or 6 degrees apart. Loose conjunction, but still pretty close, and applying, because natal Venus is retrograde and Mercury is direct.
And how have your relationships been? Have you found yourself spending much more time by yourself?
No. I've always been given to spending some time by myself, but it hasn't been any more than usual lately. If anything, I'm more social now than I used to be.

So would you say that you have a distant approach to friendship? Do you feel that it's better not to get too close because ultimately there will be some form of rejection?
I wasn't talking about how I relate to people emotionally, but how, and how frequently, I communicate with friends. My longterm friends are people I'm always in and out of contact with. We might not hear from each other for a few years, then someone drops someone a line, and we catch up and we're as close as ever.

The people I socialize with the most, face to face, are people I'm involved in some activity or other with. I have a lot of groups of friends stemming from one interest or another. We see each other when there's an event, maybe occasionally outside of it, and the scheduled activities where we see each other are happening every week, every month, every few months, or something like that.

I've always had more or less that style of relating to people. It isn't about fear of getting close, it's about what comes naturally.

Yeah! I think this is absolutely a way it can manifest. So it was at the beginning, huh? You started this relationship during this square?
The square perfected about 9-10 months into it. For a ten year relationship, that's still the beginning.

My partner had Venus close to mine--same sign, 10 degrees apart--and he had his Saturn return early in the relationship. He's also got a natal Saturn/Venus square, so we would've both had Saturn squaring Venus as he was having Saturn return.

I had my Saturn return four years later, and mine is in the seventh house.

The really big transit for me, that the relationship literally started under, was Pluto conjunct moon. We met for the first time on the very day that Pluto reached exact conjunction with my natal moon. That was also, incidentally, a loose square to both of our Venuses. And, a mutual friend had been trying to set us up for about a month... it was that day that it finally happened.

Oceanis

It could mean relationship with an age difference. You may feel insecure and hide your feelings, out of fear that the other person won't love you as much.
Venus and Saturn also rule financial responsibilities, so I would expect a debt, the need to spend your savings, or some short-term financial restrictions.

Saturn teaches us valuable lessons, so I would not fear this transit, but keep my antennas = awareness wide open, as you'll learn more about yourself, your fears, and your coping mechanisms.

Chrysalis

As ive got an approaching Tr saturn sq venus, ive stumbled upon this thread.

Now im not too sure if i should be concerned about this transit or not, as ive since learnt that not all transits are of importance. But this part in bold ive just read on this thread is what asking about.

"That's quite fascinating. I would like to hear more about this. Your Venus, incidentally, is shielded by its being exalted by Saturn and in the sign of its rulership."

As my Na venus is in libra and exalted by saturn, does this mean the square from saturn won't be so bad ?

Osamenor

Staff member
As ive got an approaching Tr saturn sq venus, ive stumbled upon this thread.

Now im not too sure if i should be concerned about this transit or not, as ive since learnt that not all transits are of importance. But this part in bold ive just read on this thread is what asking about.

"That's quite fascinating. I would like to hear more about this. Your Venus, incidentally, is shielded by its being exalted by Saturn and in the sign of its rulership."

As my Na venus is in libra and exalted by saturn, does this mean the square from saturn won't be so bad ?
I would say all Saturn hard angle transits are significant (though you may not see the significance til years later), and all transits, whether they involve Saturn or not, can be for better or for worse. It's just a question of how they're for better or for worse.

You have Venus in domicile, so it functions as a very Venusian Venus. You'll also have Saturn squaring it from its own domicile. So, for you, both sets of planetary functions are going to be sharp and clear. You might be seeing this already, in fact.

Venus/Libra wants to relate, find harmony, be at peace, keep the peace. Saturn/Capricorn insists on responsibility, staying the course, commitment. Put that together, and one way it might play out is becoming committed to a relationship: entering one, or, if you're already in a committed relationship, deepening it.

That could be a good thing or a bad thing. If it's a good, healthy relationship, that's good--but if it's not, having those energies up might impel you to commit to it anyway. Maybe you'll feel solely responsible for keeping it functioning. Maybe you'll feel you can't leave because you're so committed, even if it's something that you ideally would leave. Maybe you'll be afraid to speak your truth and rock the boat (a significant pitfall of Venus in Libra).

Depending on which houses of your chart are involved, you might see that Saturn-Venus influence in other areas of your life. For example, I started herbalism school during my Saturn-Venus square transit three years ago. Venus rules my fifth and tenth houses and is placed in the eighth (ninth whole sign). My commitment at that time wasn't to an interpersonal relationship (although I did form close relationships with my classmates and teachers), but to a course of study and career interest.

Chrysalis

Okay that makes sense.

Around the same time, when saturn will be @17 degrees cap and my natal venus is @18 degrees libra, Tr mars will also cross my IC.

Using placidus venus rules my 4th and 9th house, venus placed in the 9th. Whole signs its going to be 6th and 11th. So i'm really not too sure what this could bring.