Where can I Learn How to Use Solar Fire?

I have a basic, fundamental knowledge of astrology and I need to learn how to get more out of my software (Solar Fire 8) so I can expand my studies. I know how to make basic charts, solar returns, progressions, etc. but I can't figure out how to use the software to find exact time a transiting planet makes to, say, a natal planet. For instance, say Mars is at 0 Aries and I want to find when transiting Saturn will square Mars in Cancer (hypothetical.) Can anyone tell me what area of Solar Fire I would find this? I used to always have an ephemeris handy but no longer do, and figure that this expensive piece of software should be able to provide me with that.

I have looked through the user manual and couldn't find the section that would deal with this procedure.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks. You are helping me realize what I don't know. I don't understand all the options on that screen. Ideally, I'd prefer to work on a one-to-one basis with someone who can walk me through the processes. The material I have studied is basic planet-sign-aspect and I'm not familiar with what all these options are about. I've tried finding someone locally with whom I could work, but their fees were astronomical and not in line with what would be appropriate for learning.

I am very frustrated, so I'll find a nice warm cave.

But thanks for trying to help me.

unique_astrology

For instance, say Mars is at 0 Aries and I want to find when transiting Saturn will square Mars in Cancer (hypothetical.) Can anyone tell me what area of Solar Fire I would find this?

These images might help. Click image once to see it, a second time to enlarge it.

Attachments

• 1stpage.gif
    1stpage.gif
    85.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 2nd page.gif
    2nd page.gif
    37.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 3rd page.gif
    3rd page.gif
    34.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 4th page.gif
    4th page.gif
    35.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

PamCrane

Another option - and highly recommended - is to join the Solar Fire Facebook group. You can ask any questions you like there, from the simplest to the most complex, and you will usually get all the help you need from its members.

It's very rare for a question to baffle anyone for long! If you follow the earlier suggestions and also join this group you should get to grips with this wonderful, versatile software in no time.

Astro Gold has been mentioned - this is the stripped-down but still excellent offspring of Solar Fire, tailored for the iPad, iPhone, and now also for the Mac. There is a separate Facebook group for Astro Gold.

I hope you find this helpful. :smile:

IleneK

Premium Member
These images might help. Click image once to see it, a second time to enlarge it.

Check out unique_astrology's comment and example. That is how you can generate a report that will show the exact time an transiting planet perfects an aspect with a natal planet, or any other body.