collection of light/refranation reconciliation question

RisingSag

Hi,
I asked a relational question regarding emotions and possible reconciliation in the future. I was wondering what Venus represents in this chart? Any explanations? Also, to me it looks possible but maybe not promising.
Thanks ahead of time:)
R.S

Attachments

• horary.jpg
    horary.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 29

Oddity

For the sake of clarity, you might want to take the asteroids out of the chart - I'm pretty sure that nobody uses them in horary, and it's a bit difficult to find the planets amongst them!

Okay. Querent is Mercury in Aquarius, quesited is Jupiter in Leo. Mercury will retrograde at 17 Aquarius, so it won't perfect the opposition to Jupiter - even if it would, oppositions are not a good sign for reconciliations. So there's no aspect there.

Moon is in Libra, just separated from Jupiter, and about to square the Sun. The Moon might show the last contact with quesited having been about money or belongings. Might. But it doesn't connect Mercury and Jupiter, so....

It doesn't look like the parties will reconcile from this chart. The separation of the Moon from Jupiter is really close - within 20 minutes - but because it's a separation, it would indicate something that already happened, like a last contact, and not something that's going to happen.

RisingSag

Ya i have the asteroids on for my natal charts, oops.
I did think the significators formed the opposition but your right. Mercury does retrograde 2 degrees before perfection, but eventually goes direct in Aquarius and the opposition is eventually perfected. Does that coubt as a perfection? Also could you or anyone, clarify what venus is doing in this horary chart?

Last edited:

Oddity

Venus rules the 2nd and 9th houses of the chart, which may not be pertinent to your inquiry, unless the split up is about money or property (2nd house) or religion or distance or education (9th house).

Mercury will retrograde before it perfects the conjunction with Venus, so if there was another person - possible as it's in the fifth house, which can refer to amusements, a child, and to the sex act itself - it would indicate that the querent almost got together with somebody else, then changed his or her mind, or that consideration of a child was on the querent's mind during the break-up. But that's pretty speculative.

The chart still doesn't look like a reconciliation, sadly.

RisingSag

I calculated this chart last week and mercury does perfect the conjunction with venus, retrogrades and eventually goes direct all without leaving the sign Aquarius, & eventually perfecting the opposition with Jupiter.

Maybe mercury changes her mind about wanting a reconciliation because of Venus. I dont know. Im just trying to work the prediction oyt at this point because this is a good puzzle:)

Oddity

That conjunction doesn't perfect. I checked back to 14 January through the retrogradation on 21 January, and Mercury and Venus don't meet up. They will eventually because they have close cycles, but not until 6 August of this year in the sign of Leo. For this horary, that has no bearing.

RisingSag

OMG! I calculated the chart on Monday Jan 12, and Mercury and Venus were less than 1 degree apart! So they were very very close to perfection which they successfully did:) This posting feels very mercury retro!

So in this case, what is Venus? Does she aid or block the significators from perfecting? She is right between them. Is she another love interest for the querant?

Last edited:

Oddity

I've just checked the ephemerides in both Janus and Delphic Oracle (back to 11 Jan). No perfection.

Not at all meaning to be perverse, but what source are you using? And can you copy over the exact degree/minute and Greenwich Mean Time when they did perfect if your source says they did?

It may be Mercury retrograde indeed!

Oddity

My two sources are software, which both use the Swiss Ephemeris, as does astro.com

But I dutifully went over there, and checked astro.com's copy of the Swiss Epehemeris as well. They two got within about 20 minutes of each other on the 14th, which is really, really close, but there wasn't a conjunction, as far as I can tell.

In any event, Mercury and Jupiter in the chart don't perfect their opposition (and it probably wouldn't herald a reconciliation even if they did, since oppositions are the aspect of perfect hatred), and the moon doesn't help as its next aspect is to the Sun.

All I can say for Venus is what I said before - it could be preoccupation with a child, or maybe an almost but not quite lover, because Mercury retrogrades, or turns away from Venus, just before they would have come together. Or it might be totally irrelevant to the query.

Though it is passing odd to have both aspects - Moon just separating from Jupiter by minutes, and Mercury and Venus only separated by minutes.

Please update on how this one turns out. I'm quite intrigued at this point.

Hi,
I asked a relational question regarding emotions and possible reconciliation in the future. I was wondering what Venus represents in this chart? Any explanations? Also, to me it looks possible but maybe not promising.
Thanks ahead of time:)
R.S

The reconciliation will likely not happen, I predict.

Virgo, the "unemotional" sign of work and service, rises, so not a corroboration of either personal emotions, feelings, and or love relationships.

No connection between querent's ruler (Mercury) and the opposite party's ruler (Jupiter). Mercury is also stationery direct, but soon to be retrograde, a sign that the matter goes nowhere.

Mercury in the 5th house, (chart ruler) can only make a sextile to Uranus, which does not bring reconcilement. It could bring a friendship, though, as Aquarius rules friendships.

However, it also does suggest that there might be something highly unusual about the relationship, itself, such as a gay couple, a wide difference in ages, different races or backgrounds, etc.

However, the icing on the cake is the "Moon in the Via Combusta" suggesting a stricture against judgement that renders the whole chart a landmine and unfit to judge !

Whatever benefits of the Moon past sextile to Jupiter are squandered by the dilemma of Moon square the Sun, an aspect of emotional roadblocks and incompatibility ahead ? (the classic "brick wall" or wall of emotional alienation.)

so sorry, but (as always) good luck ! LOL

Horarymaster

Last edited:

RisingSag

Hi again,
maybe we should have exchanged personal messages on the ephemerises! I think that each day marked on an ephemeris shows where the sign and degree are at a certain time of the day only. Like say, where are all the planets at exactly midnight. So Mercury and Venus do conjoin sometime on Jan 15 or Jan 16. ( I mentioned Jan 14 earlier, but that was the wrong date-just to keep things confusing).

Regarding where I was hoping to get some input is as follows:
I was under the impression because Venus aspected both significators, that she acts as some sort of helpful, or disruptive third party. I would like to know the name of whatever it is she's doing. I have researched this, but I'm still confused since she's slower than Mercury, but faster than Jupiter.

On March 2, 2015, the significators eventually perfect their opposition. Regarding horary oppositions being a bad sign, I did read that oppositions to benefics(Jupiter) are more positive and not as dire as an opposition to a malefic. I also wondered since Venus is also a benefic and played some sort of roll in this reading, if that gave the opposition a positive flavour. Lastly, even though Jupiter is a benefic, he is retrograde, so does this reduce his positive influence on the matter? Or does the retrograde just show that he's making his way back towards Mercury?

Hi again,
maybe we should have exchanged personal messages on the ephemerises! I think that each day marked on an ephemeris shows where the sign and degree are at a certain time of the day only. Like say, where are all the planets at exactly midnight. So Mercury and Venus do conjoin sometime on Jan 15 or Jan 16. ( I mentioned Jan 14 earlier, but that was the wrong date-just to keep things confusing).

Regarding where I was hoping to get some input is as follows:
I was under the impression because Venus aspected both significators, that she acts as some sort of helpful, or disruptive third party. I would like to know the name of whatever it is she's doing. I have researched this, but I'm still confused since she's slower than Mercury, but faster than Jupiter.

On March 2, 2015, the significators eventually perfect their opposition. Regarding horary oppositions being a bad sign, I did read that oppositions to benefics(Jupiter) are more positive and not as dire as an opposition to a malefic. I also wondered since Venus is also a benefic and played some sort of roll in this reading, if that gave the opposition a positive flavour. Lastly, even though Jupiter is a benefic, he is retrograde, so does this reduce his positive influence on the matter? Or does the retrograde just show that he's making his way back towards Mercury?

Hello, radix Mercury opposite radix Jupiter indicates philosophical differences that prevents reconcilement.

The horary opposition cannot be sugar coated, in my experience.

It is a malevolent aspect, like the square and the inconjunction.

thanks.

HM

RisingSag

The reconciliation will likely not happen, I predict.

Virgo, the "unemotional" sign of work and service, rises, so not a corroboration of either personal emotions, feelings, and or love relationships.

No connection between querent's ruler (Mercury) and the opposite party's ruler (Jupiter). Mercury is also stationery direct, but soon to be retrograde, a sign that the matter goes nowhere.

Mercury in the 5th house, (chart ruler) can only make a sextile to Uranus, which does not bring reconcilement. It could bring a friendship, though, as Aquarius rules friendships.

However, it also does suggest that there might be something highly unusual about the relationship, itself, such as a gay couple, a wide difference in ages, different races or backgrounds, etc.

However, the icing on the cake is the "Moon in the Via Combusta" suggesting a stricture against judgement that renders the whole chart a landmine and unfit to judge !

Whatever benefits of the Moon past sextile to Jupiter are squandered by the dilemma of Moon square the Sun, an aspect of emotional roadblocks and incompatibility ahead ? (the classic "brick wall" or wall of emotional alienation.)

so sorry, but (as always) good luck ! LOL

Horarymaster

Hey Thanks!
I forgot about checking for via combusta, and didn't at all take into account the upcoming moon square sun. Regarding the lack of aspects between the significators, I thought potentially since Venus is aspecting both significators, that she'd possibly be some sort of third party involved in this horary chart. It does look like a no go.
:)
(also there wasn't anything unusual about the relationship).

Oddity

And I found no conjunction of Mercury and Venus going through ephemerides and aspectarians (the part of the ephemeris that shows when an aspect perfects) anytime between 11 January up until Mercury went retrograde yesterday. So we're at kind of a draw there.

The Moon will aspect Venus a few times before Venus perfects its opposition to Jupiter, BUT the Moon's next aspect, the one that concerns us in telling this story, is its square to the Sun.

If Venus were a player in this chart, then there wouldn't be a reconciliation, because Mercury ran off with her. But that would require a conjunction. So if I missed the conjunction (it's possible), then there won't be a reconciliation because Mercury has a new lover.

So, Mercury and Jupiter don't perfect (and wouldn't be hopeful even if they did given the nature of the opposition), and the moon doesn't help.

Even if it's a benefic, an opposition is an opposition - you'd want to see the planets receive each other (they don't here), and even still, if the parties put things back together after a lot of work, they likely wouldn't be happy with the outcome. Granted, it isn't Saturn or Mars here, so they aren't likely to kill each other, but there's room for a whole lot of unhappiness without going that far.

Still, the closeness of the aspects is interesting - and again, please let us know the outcome!