Aspects supporting GENIUS or ECCENTRICITY!!!

4leafclovah

I told someone once I would rather be dumb and interesting than smart and boring--I really did say that and I meant that, because I feel that if you are interesting you are doing something right;)

aries86

wow! i like this topic, really interesting. uranus in my chart is in the 3rd house and in sag.. it squares my sun in aries and mars in sag, and rising in libra, and merc pisces R..trines venus in aries and conjucts mars in sag and opp midheaven..

I dont know if i would consider myself a genious, but uranus does play a big role in my independent mind and i would say that i tend to think differently than mostly everyone!

can anyone take a look at my chart to see what other indications might be present?

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_jessie_h_hp.59675.19379.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_jessie_h_hp.59675.19379.gif
    27.8 KB · Views: 43

Arian Maverick

wow! i like this topic, really interesting. uranus in my chart is in the 3rd house and in sag.. it squares my sun in aries and mars in sag, and rising in libra, and merc pisces R..trines venus in aries and conjucts mars in sag and opp midheaven..

I dont know if i would consider myself a genious, but uranus does play a big role in my independent mind and i would say that i tend to think differently than mostly everyone!

The orb for this Sun-Uranus square is a bit wide, particularly because the Sun is separating from Uranus. This is also an "out-of-sign" aspect because Aries and Sagittarius are of the same fire element, and thus, they naturally trine rather than square each other.

Instead, I would look at your Sun-Neptune square because the Sun is applying towards Neptune and both planets are located in signs that naturally square each other. Neptune is not commonly regarded as bestowing one with genius or eccentricity, which are more Uranian traits, but I imagine it would give you a great deal of creativity and soften that exalted Sun right on the Aries Point. Indeed, you have many indications of great sensivity and emotional depth, which I believe is a type of intelligence in its own right. Have you ever heard of multiple intelligences theory? I imagine that you have great interpersonal intelligence, or if I've read your natal chart incorrectly, you are meant to develop these skills in this lifetime.

Please note, I do NOT mean to suggest that you don't possess Uranian traits. Neptune simply seems more prominant in your natal chart, so I wanted to point this out.

With this said, Mars, the ruler of your third house cusp, forms a slightly tighter out-of-sign square with the Sun. And you have a third house Uranus, as you already mentioned.

Arian Maverick

P.S. I apologize if I am projecting my feelings onto others, but this thread has made me uncomfortable for a while because I've sensed that some members may be searching for validation of personal characteristics through astrology, and if they don't possess traditional indications as we've interpreted them, they may deny qualities they know they innately possess. I've personally done this, and I don't want others to fall into the same trap. Yet if we can guard ourselves against this and don't try to "out-do" each other, this thread has the potential to evolve into a truly enlightening discussion.

Last edited:

Nexus7

As someone said, there are srely different definitons of 'genius' that may not necessarily correspond to IQ.

Doesn't the word 'genius' have some connection with 'spirit' as in genii loci?

I should imagine that 'genius' has to be a blend of access to this kind of 'spirit' or to some kind of transcendant or transcending 'muse' - along with the ability to espress it. The genius can express what most inarticulate mortals would like to.

I have heard of the savant-genius connection too, though maybe the savant needs a little more than just an isolated gift to be able to qualify as a full-blooded genius.

Lucky, then, is the individual artiste who possesses a modicum of genius. The rest of us will just have to make do with being eccentric, I suppose.

By all means then, look to Mercury/Mercury/Uranus close and strong aspects for elements of savantry.

And maybe strong quintiles for more subtle gifts.

Innate talents and gifts that show up with child prodigies, however, might just warrant a look at the nodal access, particularly the South Node. Gifts that have been perfected and lie in the genes or memes - or karma, depending on your vewpoint - over longer than may be achieved in one lifetime, though the 'wild card' of North Node activation may still be needed to really fuel this into something more than just innate skills.

I remember reading a lot of Enid Blyton tales and being somewhat disturbed by her preoccupation with geniuses and savantry. She, by the way, had Sun square Uranus/Saturn, the latter two planets ruling her Moon.

Gogo91

This thread is interesting. Sorry for reviving though. I maybe no Genius. But I am interest in the mind of a Genius. But I do have those AHA! moment in my lifetime being all alone think with bunch of random info and then say "This must be it!" and then move on.

Here are some of my aspects.

I have Saturn in Aquarius in Third House. Uranus in Capricorn in 2nd House. Mutual Reception for lolz. And I have a tendency having trouble to express. And money sometimes comes and goes for me. LOL.

Chiron in Leo by the way. I read about Chiron aspect too. I got three aspects that deals with the Mind Planets. Chiron Opposite of Saturn and Quincunx with Uranus. Sesiquadrate between Mercury in Sagittarius in Chiron. However my Chiron in retrograde.

For Jupiter in Virgo and Uranus in Capricorn I got Trine and my Jupiter is in MC.

But I think Genius is not through by the person but through their work(or maybe work=ingenius?). In conclusion; To me Genius is more like Aha! but I must show work to prove it.

Last edited:

Rushwing

I'm coming late to this.
But ... I think uranus indicates areas of strangeness in a person's chart and the house is where it is.

The moon indicates how the energy would manifest in terms of "giving birth" to an idea that is truly from deep within. Not everyone has the capacity to give birth and raise an idea to completion fully, BTW.

This may sound a bit unconventional, but I've got a new theory on the moon as not just a source of neediness, but also a deep place of creative (kundalini) power. I relate it to the golden rule. You get what you give. . . If anyone is interested in sabian.. the moment of awakening for me came when I looked at JRR Tolkein's chart. He was a genius IMHO.

His moon was at the critical degree between aquarius and pisces
(http://www.astrotheme.com/portraits/vtkBedesdX6m.htm)

His moon's sabian was
The field (garden) of Ardath (Babylon) in bloom

and that's what he wrote about.. a world entirely fantastic and perfect, from his own imagination, with its own legends and history. It was his gift to the world. His birth.

Gemini was his MC with BOTH Uranus and Neptune conj in Gemini. . . and so he succeeded with his eccentric views and dreams in a gemini related field.

Rushwing

You know, I just checked up on JK Rowling's chart too. Her pluto and uranus are conj. . .

HMMMM...

I think having neptune, jupiter or uranus featured prominently in a chart can indicate genius (sort of like having heavy weights at your back supporting you, indicating eventual notoriety or fame)

But I wouldn't be surprised that having a lot of planets at a critical degree, or also, having one of the slow moving planets at a critical degree can mean you are at the cutting edge of a new generation.

Scuz me if its all already been said. . .

OK JKR's Sabian for her moon is:
A Swimming race.

Not sure how to relate that to HP Books, but there are a lot of "ordeals", "cups" and "challenges" her characters have to go through.

Love the HP Books BTW... : D

Last edited:

Rushwing

Last but not least

I looked up Gene Roddenberry, because I am an unashamed nerd...

His uranus was also in his 9/10 house, (9th house) - about 10 short of his mc. . in pisces btw interestingly. . .

His moon is also nearly conj uranus (5 degrees)

so uranus has a big part in it. The sky god...

I love writers.

filly

Uranus in 3 (Einstein aspect) makes all three of us (the only ones, who've subscribed to this thread, yet) birds of a feather. Inn this case, Uranus actually sits in the house of Mercury, so there is an indirect connection between the two planets. In my case, Mercury is in its own house (this time in 6->Virgo) but in the sign of Aquarius.

Bob Marks very rightly puts it:

"Uranus is the genius who Knows. It is said that genius and madness have only a thin line between them. Uranus erases that line."
"Uranus in the Third House: People with this tend to say and write shocking, socially unacceptable things. They may be insightful and brilliant, but people will feel as if they have just gotten an electric shock. If there are siblings, at least one will be highly independent and original, or a crazy eccentric."

There is a lovely write-up on the Genius of Uranus over here: www.astrologyclub.org/articles/singletons/uranus/uranus.htm

wow! I have Uranus in Scorpio in the 1st opposite sun & mercury, square Saturn, it's the ruler of the 5th house. I've been told to be eccentric lol
My child has Uranus in Aquarius / his chart ruler and is said to be highly intelligent And independent and wants to be a scientist. Funny thing was that at the time of his birth I had transiting Uranus conjunct Child asteroid and in exact square to my Uranus... I think it's the only relevant aspect there is.
My chart has many overtones of Hitlers chart like: Asc conj Spica in Libra, Sat in Leo, Uranus opp merc, Sun in Taurus, and I think Venus in Aries too? Wow creepy guys! ;(

Gogo91

I'm coming late to this.
But ... I think uranus indicates areas of strangeness in a person's chart and the house is where it is.

The moon indicates how the energy would manifest in terms of "giving birth" to an idea that is truly from deep within. Not everyone has the capacity to give birth and raise an idea to completion fully, BTW.

This may sound a bit unconventional, but I've got a new theory on the moon as not just a source of neediness, but also a deep place of creative (kundalini) power. I relate it to the golden rule. You get what you give. . . If anyone is interested in sabian.. the moment of awakening for me came when I looked at JRR Tolkein's chart. He was a genius IMHO.

His moon was at the critical degree between aquarius and pisces
(http://www.astrotheme.com/portraits/vtkBedesdX6m.htm)

His moon's sabian was
The field (garden) of Ardath (Babylon) in bloom

and that's what he wrote about.. a world entirely fantastic and perfect, from his own imagination, with its own legends and history. It was his gift to the world. His birth.

Gemini was his MC with BOTH Uranus and Neptune conj in Gemini. . . and so he succeeded with his eccentric views and dreams in a gemini related field.

Speaking of Gemini. There is also Vedic where it judges the Moon over the Sun. Most of the time if your Moon is Cancer in Western; in Vedic it is Gemini. To Vedic it is a good start. But looking at the chart you display amazing. Strong Gemini influence.

Nadineday

This has been an interesting topic. I am currently working on a presentation, about Astrology, and started to look into geniuses'. I had recently been reading a few exceptional people, Jung, Nietzsche and a little Kant. While researching, for my presentation, I got side tracked and started studying a bunch of charts looking for Synastry. This is some of what I noticed.
Nietzsche Scorpio asc. Uranus cnj Jupiter which oppose Mercury and Mars. Mercury trines Saturn and Mars. Saturn sqr sun and Pluto. 5th/6th emphasis with the rest in 4th quadrant.
Carl Jungian- Aquarius asc, has Mercury semisextile Uranus trine Mars. Uranus opposes Saturn. Jupiter opp. Neptune sxt Mars. 4th, 6th, 11th emphasis.
Sigmund Freud- Scorpio asc. Mercury cnj, Uranus and Sun. Mer trine Jup opp Mars. Mars sqr. Saturn. Saturn smsx mercury . Jup cnj Nep sqr Saturn, 6th, 7th, 8th stelium. aspecting Mars in 11th.
My intentions were not to notice my own attributes, but it was encouraging when I did, even though, I have obstacles to overcome if I want to fully actualize my individualism.
My Chart- Virgo asc. Mercury cnj. Uranus. Uranus/mer sqr Saturn. Uranus trines Jupiter in 6th which in turns sqrs my Neptune in 3rd. Uranus cnj my Sun, Ven, Mar, as well as the Mer. Ven, Mar, and Sun trine Jupiter.
My moon/Taurus sextiles Saturn in 10th.
I am a definite introvert and have to overcome some personality flaws, but mostly I look forward to writing. My Neptune can be very transcendent at times, and I would like to be able to share with people, the ideas I have and places I go. With help from prior and current genius's I hope I will. I would love to hear back from any who may have further insights, as well as what any may think of my summary.

Krewster

The 5 and 10-denominatered series aspects are worth considering.

e.g., although Einstein's Merc-Uran relationship may not be the most desirable (a possibly-too-loose 150), his Merc participated in a pentaKite (Moon-Sat/Merc as double spine and Jup-Nept as crossbeam).

The seven aspects comprised in that pentaKite (average orb close to 1 degree) wove Merc and the Moon together with Jup, Sat and Nept, possibly demonstrating the importance of a healthy Moon (and/or Moon-Merc connection) for either IQ or the ability to exploit it in a manner socially-recognized as productive.

Personally, I am fond of Merc 72 Sat (Einstein has the conjunction) for indicating attention to detail (often mistaken for intelligence thank goodness).

TamaraL

Hello all,

very interesting thread to read! I am not sure about genius :p but my Uranus placement makes me definitely an eccentric in some areas.

I have a 6th House Uranus conjunct both Saturn/Neptune in Capricorn, (anyone having this stellium?would love to hear you experience..)
Possibly my approach in work is very Uranian-Saturnian-Neptunian'...confusing

also Uranus sextile Sun/Venus/North Node (From my early childhood, my style/art projects were considered eccentric or unique)

Nice topic!
Best,
T

Yanel

I think it doesn't depend on your chart to tell if you're a genius. All the brilliant and good aspects cannot make someone a genius if his/her soul and mind aren't on the right frequency and even then such things can never be labeled or even guessed. They're individual and come from a source that has its own reasons we can't explain with astrology. It's destiny. Astrology shows your potential but something else will tell who you really are and what you really will do wtih yourself, with your aspects.
Just as an example - Uranus is a planet of change. But what change? Is it the same with all people? Change your hair color, your work place or the world? Is Neptune the portal to another world for creating a genius artwork or are you a drug addict? And Pluto? Transform your life or transform society? Who will remember you - your family, friends or history?

Nadineday

Those are interesting aspects which I would love to explore. However my first reaction was where is the connection to the mind. For me Uranus and mercury are so close, telling them apart can be difficult. Saturn/Uranus/Neptune Capricorn stellium is interesting with these opposing forces at work. I would think Ruler Saturn would have a calming effect on Uranian's temperament and Neptune's idealism and dreaminess. I wonder about the daily work in your life is it rewarding enough for this Stellium? My thoughts referring to the Sextile, is this may be an outlet for the unpredictable unbound nature of Uranus. Roaming over to the Sun/Venus/Node could ease the vibrations occurring in Saturn's house of sobriety and work, offering a reprieve. I am just a novice Astrologer and this was just at first glance as opposed to thorough study.

TamaraL

Those are interesting aspects which I would love to explore. However my first reaction was where is the connection to the mind. For me Uranus and mercury are so close, telling them apart can be difficult. Saturn/Uranus/Neptune Capricorn stellium is interesting with these opposing forces at work. I would think Ruler Saturn would have a calming effect on Uranian's temperament and Neptune's idealism and dreaminess. I wonder about the daily work in your life is it rewarding enough for this Stellium? My thoughts referring to the Sextile, is this may be an outlet for the unpredictable unbound nature of Uranus. Roaming over to the Sun/Venus/Node could ease the vibrations occurring in Saturn's house of sobriety and work, offering a reprieve. I am just a novice Astrologer and this was just at first glance as opposed to thorough study.

Yes its a very interesting stellium to deal with & unfortunately theres a lack of info on it...Saturn helps to bring some balance to the other two...(but then again Saturn behavior is influenced a lot by Neptune..these two conjunct very tightly)...I am currently a graduate- job-seeker so there no stability (never had a real-job so far but internships) So I am not sure what to say (I am very passionate about every project I 've have created so far..) I am highly idealistic unfortunately...not an easy-going case...I have a Pisces Sun 9th house (enhances the idealism spirit) ...

Nadineday

Ooh cool a kindred spirit. With the Dsc. in Pisces , I have Jupiter/Pisces in my 6th house in mutual reception to Neptune. I also have a Moon /Taurus in the 9th. My Jupiter is trine all over the place especially my 2nd house stellium containing my Sun/Venus/Mars Scorpio next to my ruling planet Mercury/Libra cnj Uranus. wooo, I don't know what to do with myself lol. My Saturn is in detriment in a number of ways sign, house, and in aspect to Mars/mercury/Uranus. I have worked through a lot of these energies but other hang ups exist.. I am currently back in school with a goal in mind for writing on Psychology/Philosophy/Astrology. I have some ideas.
What is your career path and how old are you if you don't me asking?

Last edited:

TamaraL

Ooh cool a kindred spirit. With the Dsc. in Pisces , I have Jupiter/Pisces in my 6th house in mutual reception to Neptune. I also have a Moon /Taurus in the 9th. My Jupiter is trine all over the place especially my 2nd house stellium containing my Sun/Venus/Mars Scorpio next to my ruling planet Mercury/Libra cnj Uranus. wooo, I don't know what to do with myself lol. My Saturn is in detriment in a number of way sign, house, and in aspect to Mars/mercury/Uranus. I have worked through a lot of these energies but other hang ups exist.. I am currently back in school with a goal in mind for writing on Psychology/Philosophy/Astrology. I have some ideas.
What is your career path and how old are you if you don't me asking?

I thought Jupiter trine 2nH planets is a very lucky combination & in terms of gains, financial I mean.I ve recently graduated from grad school & I am 24..my career path is performing arts :)

Nadineday

I would agree to the extent of luck being applied. I have never been without which is good since I have always been at poverty level. My twin brother and I both have always been able to get jobs, come up with money and always have our needs met and beyond in some cases.
This perspective is interesting because the 2nd house eluded me for the first half of my life, I am 39. The reason being is the 2nd rules over Values...and this is usually interpreted in a monetary empirical way. Which is funny despite my love of luxury I despise the world I live in where so much human worth is configured by ones bank account.
I am a rebel thru and thru, but not some angry activist like my Merc/Uran aspect could imply, however I do not conform to society.
My values are transcendent to the average American.
Maybe this has something to do with the grandness and breadth of vision a Jupiter/Neptune configuration can offer opposed to a couple of bucks.
With Jupiter in the 6th which rules over service to mankind my success waits to offer something to humanity that will help it, not hinder it.
Even if it is on a small scale like not driving in the last 14 years or having a descent attitude about living for livings sake. I choose not to monopolize on anything that exists in my world.

Claire19

Hello all,

very interesting thread to read! I am not sure about genius :p but my Uranus placement makes me definitely an eccentric in some areas.

I have a 6th House Uranus conjunct both Saturn/Neptune in Capricorn, (anyone having this stellium?would love to hear you experience..)
Possibly my approach in work is very Uranian-Saturnian-Neptunian'...confusing

also Uranus sextile Sun/Venus/North Node (From my early childhood, my style/art projects were considered eccentric or unique)

Nice topic!
Best,
T
Hi there

Your outer planets are generational as I am sure you know. i.e. Neptune, Uranus and Saturn to an extent. The area of your chart where these fall will differ with everyone and that is the unique personal chart.

As the 6th house indicates work conditions and your techniques etc it also indicates health issues so you can examine the potentials there.

. I dont use sextile with the nodes unless very close i.e. within 1 degree but others may differ on that one.

I have Uranus conjunct North Node, sextile Jupiter and the Sun and astrology has been my passion for 30 odd years as it rules all sciences, especially high tech and New Age.:happy:

Here is an example of using Uranus Saturn Neptune in the 6th. Working for a government agency using latest technologies for photography work. Agitating for human rights for the less fortunate and with government grant......

Love your signature.

Last edited: