Major US Study Says Red Meat Unhealthy/Lethal/Can Kill!!!

JUPITERASC

fwiw according to a major US study, red meat is not only unhealthy but can be positively lethal. Apparently, the research shows regularly eating red meat - especially the processed variety - dramatically increases the risk of death from heart disease and cancer.

Each additional daily serving of processed red meat, equivalent to one hot-dog or two rashers of bacon, raised the chances of dying by a fifth.

source: Sky News http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16187521 :smile:

MaeMae

Banned
it's because people (at least americans) eat so much of it in all it's twisted forms.
my grandfather slaughtered a pig and a steer each year ~ land living/eating ~ ate meat or pork everyday. never ate a fast food or packaged food, grew fruits and vegetables 'til he died at age 93 from prostate cancer.
perhaps it the way beef is raised, slaughtered and processed into all kinds of frozen conditions that leads to this study. prior to early 1960's ~ buying prepared pkg'd food at markets, other than bakery, was not common.
people have forgotten how to eat.
in the past year i've eaten more fried foods, meats and greases than in last 20 years. my body spoke up. meats are out of the question.
so many delicious options to meat these days.

piercethevale

it's because people (at least americans) eat so much of it in all it's twisted forms.
my grandfather slaughtered a pig and a steer each year ~ land living/eating ~ ate meat or pork everyday. never ate a fast food or packaged food, grew fruits and vegetables 'til he died at age 93 from prostate cancer.
perhaps it the way beef is raised, slaughtered and processed into all kinds of frozen conditions that leads to this study. prior to early 1960's ~ buying prepared pkg'd food at markets, other than bakery, was not common.
people have forgotten how to eat.
in the past year i've eaten more fried foods, meats and greases than in last 20 years. my body spoke up. meats are out of the question.
so many delicious options to meat these days.

I take it that your grandfather was a stranger to the menorah?

With all this s*** coming from the courts trying to tell us here in the States that we haven't the right to know where our food comes from and wheter it has been genetically modified or not. I realized the other day...
"Why Not Go Kosher?"
I may even convert...

Baruch Atah Adonai Ohev Amo Yisrael

...Edgar Cayce once said to worry more about what comes out of ones mouth than about what goes in it...
....one lives as long as God has already ordained... The day, the hour, the minute [although, additional time may be obtained through Gods grace from those good acts you perform towards your fellow men...]:innocent:
:wink::biggrin:

Last edited:

Ixaee

fwiw according to a major US study, red meat is not only unhealthy but can be positively lethal. Apparently, the research shows regularly eating red meat - especially the processed variety - dramatically increases the risk of death from heart disease and cancer.

Each additional daily serving of processed red meat, equivalent to one hot-dog or two rashers of bacon, raised the chances of dying by a fifth.

source: Sky News http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16187521 :smile:

Wonderful post!

Ive been a vegetarian for nearly 5 years now, mostly because of researching this more. Its alarming how negatively meat can affect our bodies ---- and, of course, the act of killing another creature is terrible in itself (especially when it isnt even necessary for our survival).

Did you see the bilboard posted that says "Hot Dogs cause Butt Cancer" -- :biggrin: Its so tackless, but they're finally attempting to get the message across to the world.. though maybe a little too late..

An uncle of mine actually developed intestinal cancer 3 years ago, and his doctors blame his heavy meat-eating for his cancer!

Its too real. And yet, still, most people in this country are keeping themselves in denial..!

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
I take it that your grandfather was a stranger to the menorah?

With all this s*** coming from the courts trying to tell us here in the States that we haven't the right to know where our food comes from and wheter it has been genetically modified or not. I realized the other day...
"Why Not Go Kosher?"
I may even convert...

Baruch Atah Adonai Avai Amo Yisrael

...Edgar Cayce once said to worry more about what comes out of ones mouth than about what goes in it...
....one lives as long as God has already ordained... The day, the hour, the minute [although, additional time may be obtained through Gods grace from those good acts you perform towards your fellow men...]:innocent:
:wink::biggrin:

my mom's father wasn't jewish.
kosher is law from leviticus.
not to pound the torah, but read leviticus in hebrew scriptures, and further onon, ezekial ~
both are purposeful in matters like these ~

tsmall

Premium Member
according to a major US study, red meat is not only unhealthy but can be positively lethal.

Sure it can, if you choke on it. The real problem is all the anitbiotics, and genetic engineering that goes into the meat for the food industry.

ptv and MaeMae, did you ever wonder why the food prohibitions (and all the others) were included in Leviticus?

Humans were able to develop their brain function by eating....animal fats. 50% of a newborn's caloric intake has to come from fat.

piercethevale

my mom's father wasn't jewish.
kosher is law from leviticus.
not to pound the torah, but read leviticus in hebrew scriptures, and further onon, ezekial ~
both are purposeful in matters like these ~

Thanks MaeMae. I have a very distant ancestor that was Jewish, some centuries ago actually [it's part of the 'family legend/history'...mothers side]
I, unfortunately, can't read Hebrew. [you do mean; 'To read them in the original consonantal Hebrew', don't you?]

I only know the above line [Which, btw, I had misspelled one of the words and have corrected it, I apologize.]as because of Rabbi Larry Karol's musical endeavors which include a couple of CDs and that I purchased one of them. [and mostly for the song that derives from [titled: 'Ohev Amo']...one of the Psalms...if I recall correctly.] I would play a few Sanskrit and or Hindi 'Shlokas' in the morning each day, after my meditation and rites [as I am a practitioner of Yoga for over 40 years, and have found all forms of prayer, invocation, rites from many different Religions/Beliefs work and undoubtedly so in fact. As long as one is sincere and does them correctly ...and, of course, that they are genuine.]
I would play the song by Rabbi Karol as last just before I started doing work/writing on my book for that day. It really put me in the right context of mind, I feel..and it's the Rabbi's best work...IMHO... of course.
When I joined Facebook last year I found him among the members and asked to be a 'FB' 'friend'...to which he graciously accepted me.
He was the Rabbi of a temple in Delaware at the time. ...then get this, a couple of months ago He got transferred to...Los Cruces, New Mexico.
As I have been doing this, birth chart of Yeshua, endeavor these last, nearly, 8 years...how could I not take it to be some kind of sign?!?
I didn't mention that to him, though, but I did ask if he would be so gracious as to assist me with any questions I might have that pertain to matters of the Jewish faith and he did!
A prince of a man... I am truly honored and blessed to have, both, made his acquaintance and obtain his help.

...it seems to me that the courts cannot rule against the Jews right to know where it's from, what exactly it is, and anything else one might want to know, about their food.

[Interestingly...fyi... and I hope none of you members ever have to actually be in need of it. Jail/Prison food will nearly make you ill at times if it doesn't just outright turn you inside out. If you are or claim to be either Jewish or Moslem you can be assured of far better meals and the peace of mind that someone in the kitchen [it's all prisoners and a supervisor or two in the kitchen making the meals all the time.] didn't do something...ahem...'nasty', to your tray of food as those meals are kept under scrutiny.
This is certainly true in Calif. {I've only done time in the Sacramento Co. Jail... about 200 days... but it is the 2nd worst jail in the U.S...as I am to understand.}...and am told the above by others that have done time in other jails in the country and prisons too.]

Last edited:

piercethevale

...I like what Chris Rock said about red meat...:biggrin:

"If you're one of the lucky few on Earth tonight to have a steak to eat. Bite the living **** out of it!":lol:

MaeMae

Banned
Sure it can, if you choke on it. The real problem is all the anitbiotics, and genetic engineering that goes into the meat for the food industry.

ptv and MaeMae, did you ever wonder why the food prohibitions (and all the others) were included in Leviticus?

Humans were able to develop their brain function by eating....animal fats. 50% of a newborn's caloric intake has to come from fat.

A way to preserve the preservation of jews after exodus. nomads. wandering tribes. lack of basics.
the whole "letting of blood" to preserve cleanliness. not eating bottom dwellers (garbage eating).
all kinds of man-needs-earth things.

JUPITERASC

Humans were able to develop their brain function by eating....animal fats. 50% of a newborn's caloric intake has to come from fat
A newborn cannot chew meat! Obviously fats are essential to the diet and these are obtainable from sources other than meat. e.g. oily fish, coconut fat, olive oil and a multitude of other vegetable oils:smile:

Few can afford organic meat.

The vast majority who cannot afford organic meat are forced to dine off a dead animal that has been fed all of its life with genetically engineered/pesticide sprayed foodstuffs while being injected with antibiotics/drugs that remain in its system and are dangerous to humans. Animals are cruelly slaughtered... when dying in fear animals release toxins into their body... the resulting nauseating mix is then ingested by the unsuspecting consumer.

RaptInReverie

The fact is, it is more nutritious to eat a little meat than it is to completely eliminate it from your diet. Beef is GOOD for you, and it's sad that many people read articles like these and become vegans or vegetarians. They then devote their time, money, and energy into adhering to these lifestyles, thinking that they are improving their health, when in actuality they are doing the exact opposite.

MaeMae

Banned
not true R&R ~
meats are bad for people who cannot process proteins and fats.
nonetheless ~
well treated meat has sustained the world for centuries.
deviations come from outside sources, rodents, bacterium and unsafe handling.
any hunter knows how to kill an animal, bleed him and cut him and refrigerate him and store him for food.
a drive up interstate 5 in california, somewhere near bakersfield, there is a steer "ranch" ~
filthy, miserable, weakly fed, cramped, disgusting and inhumane.
these places sell their meat.
who knows what happens after it leaves their facility?
This post is inflammatory towards beef but not directed at the way beef is mass fed, treated and produced.

RaptInReverie

MaeMae,

I do not understand what you mean by "people who cannot process protein and fats". Since they are essential nutrients, a person would have to assimilate them in order to live. Consuming animal products is one of the easiest ways to receive adequate dosages of them outside of taking supplements.

Of course it's easy to point out the issues involved with the processing of meat and so on, but I can assure you that similar issues are factors in the processing of all products, including the ones you think are "organic". The fact is, the predominant motive of mass production is profit, not health. So, unless you grew it in your backyard, there's no way you can be absolutely sure of what happened to anything, including those things which are labeled "natural".

MaeMae

Banned
people with kidney, gall bladder diseases, probably liver, too. they can't expell the proteins and the fats.
nonetheless ~ i'm not anti-meat but i no longer eat it.
good, healthy , lean beef, ranged and grazed and not messed with and slaughtered appropriately is not what this study is talking about.

RaptInReverie

MaeMae,

I read the article carefully. It clearly disapproved of regular consumption of all red meat, with an emphasis on processed red meat.

People suffering from such diseases may be put on a reduced protein diet, but they can and should still eat a little meat. It's much better than taking those whey and soy protein supplements, which are poisonous.

I'm not a doctor, nor am I a nutritionist. I'm just a health conscious Virgo who has tried vegetarianism before. I'll just say that it was a short experience that taught me a good bit about nutrition and health. You've got to be a bit skeptical of "science" these days.

MaeMae

Banned
R&R ~
i refer to beef in this instance.
lots of people don't eat beef who survive.
India for example.
my only point really is that the meat that "Kills Us" is toxic, poorly raised and mass produced. Paying more for pure, raising your own (if you have the land) or going without should be the alternative.