House Meanings

Lin

The 12th house represents (among other things) that which you sacrifice in your life, either consciously or not. Now some of what you said I am sure is caused or part of the 12th house experience, but some of it must be connected to other dynamics in your chart; Saturn, Neptune, Pluto etc and the aspects connected with them.

Maybe you could try to post your chart. I know when you have 12th house planets it's very tempting to blame everything on IT but it's important to know whether or not you are attributing each issue to the proper planetary dynamic.
LIN

CapAquaPis

The 12th and sometimes 6th houses are foreign lands and ethnic heritage, I mean my parents are of different type of cultures. I'm an American from so CA with a 8th sun/moon in Aquarius in the house of diasporas and minorities living among other peoples worldwide. My 6th has an exalted Neptune in 22' Sagittarius - the astrological degree of immigrants - my father who's Sagittarius is from France; and my 12th has a Juno in cancer, both sign and asteroid are about mothers and apparently, my mother has part Cherokee/Native American ancestry.

CapAquaPis

Another thing about the 12th house in local space charts is they are the least desirable places to live for many. I live in the 12th in the Palm springs area in CA based on my birthplace in Fontana, and I long wanted to but attempted with failure to relocate out of the area in my life. I should avoid 4th and 8th house places based on my local space chart because of malefic cancerian and scorpion traits in these locations unsuitable to me.

Astrologer Joseph

The 12th house represents (among other things) that which you sacrifice in your life, either consciously or not. Now some of what you said I am sure is caused or part of the 12th house experience, but some of it must be connected to other dynamics in your chart; Saturn, Neptune, Pluto etc and the aspects connected with them.

Maybe you could try to post your chart. I know when you have 12th house planets it's very tempting to blame everything on IT but it's important to know whether or not you are attributing each issue to the proper planetary dynamic.
LIN

Hi Lin, I would agree that the 12th house can through its elusive nature be a bit of a basket case for people to project their blame. One thing that has stood out for me is the information of the 12th house when articulated to seekers is first recognised, but not always consciously worked through on a regular basis. Unless of course there are aspects leaving the 12th house to more conscious leaning planets and points of reference. Got to love the 'down the rabbit hole' 12th house, keeps us on our toes*

Astrologer Joseph

Lin

I am not sure your last statement is valid. The more powerful the planet(s) in the 12th, the more dysfunctional the person can be unless there are some VERY powerful and active modifying aspects.

And that can be true even if the planets involved are OTHERWISE useful to the native.--

And other planets operating ...or the RULER of the 12th ....being very well aspected...by transits esp.

But I do think that it is easier (for the astrologer, especially) to interpret the 12th house when there are planets in it. The more planets in the house, the more energy there is operating....and therefore more data to be found...which leads to a more accurate interpretation.
I also think the decanate of the sign in which the ruler of the 12th resides is important.
And of course, the house. Because that house will be tainted by the connection to the 12th house even if the planets IN it are not debilitated.

If the 12th house were easier to interpret it would be the 1st house....:biggrin:

LIN

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

astrological-houses-02.jpg

DC80

That chart is grotesque. [deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

The 2nd place shows inheritance, not the 8th. Rhetorius and Maternus say so. It is true that Paulus and Valens say the 8th place shows how one
"profits from death" but profiting from death is not solely exclusively limited to inheritance. There are more than a dozen ways one can profit from the death of another, or the deaths of others.

Amazing how no one seems to figure out that "slaves" are employees. The native will have their own employees or manage/supervise/lead the employees of another. The chart will tell the story.

All of you seem to ignore Mercury in the 12th place makes good communicators. Whether they tell the truth or lie or testilie look to Mercury's condition. You don't want Mars in the 12th place. Saturn is the only one that does any good there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lin

Well, I don't know from which century that chart derives, but it is at least 50% inaccurate and also wrong in many areas.

Incomplete knowledge is as bad as wrong information.

Please stop trying to SHORTCUT knowledge and wisdom. This is NO WAY .....

There are some great books covering only the houses of the chart. I suggest reading some of them to actually understand the houses.

LIN

StarchaserNancy

I have a lot of 12th house activity going on now. I enjoy the solitude, lucky really to have that advantage is how I look at it. Seems to result in interacting more w/ hospitals, institutions, healing and psychological work. If in your progressed chart, I could see someone ending up in a long term institutional setting.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

That chart is grotesque. [deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

The 2nd place shows inheritance, not the 8th. Rhetorius and Maternus say so. It is true that Paulus and Valens say the 8th place shows how one
"profits from death" but profiting from death is not solely exclusively limited to inheritance. There are more than a dozen ways one can profit from the death of another, or the deaths of others.

INHERITANCE is associated with/linked with DEATH :)

Amazing how no one seems to figure out that "slaves" are employees. The native will have their own employees or manage/supervise/lead the employees of another. The chart will tell the story. All of you seem to ignore Mercury in the 12th place makes good communicators. Whether they tell the truth or lie or testilie look to Mercury's condition. You don't want Mars in the 12th place. Saturn is the only one that does any good there.

Lin

"If in your progressed chart, I could see someone ending up in a long term institutional setting."

WEll, anything is possible...but this is not a logical assumption. Most people who have planets in houses 8 -11 will eventually have progressed planets , long term, in their 12th house.
If your theory was true, millions of people would be in mental institutions.

Almost everyone will have the progressed Moon in the 12th house during their lifetime.

I think more interesting a research project would be to figure out how the transit planets entering the 12th house affects the person..esp. the outer planets...beginning with Jupiter. It's also more "trackable."
Lin

StarchaserNancy

"If in your progressed chart, I could see someone ending up in a long term institutional setting."

WEll, anything is possible...but this is not a logical assumption. Most people who have planets in houses 8 -11 will eventually have progressed planets , long term, in their 12th house.
If your theory was true, millions of people would be in mental institutions.

Almost everyone will have the progressed Moon in the 12th house during their lifetime.

I think more interesting a research project would be to figure out how the transit planets entering the 12th house affects the person..esp. the outer planets...beginning with Jupiter. It's also more "trackable."
Lin
Good point. I guess months could be considered long term, like a long term hospitalization or a long term rehab, both not uncommon. Mental institutions are rarer nowadays, long term, state facilities, so no that wouldn't be something too common, thankfully!

JUPITERASC

I have a lot of 12th house activity going on now. I enjoy the solitude, lucky really to have that advantage is how I look at it. Seems to result in interacting more w/ hospitals, institutions, healing and psychological work. If in your progressed chart, I could see someone ending up in a long term institutional setting.

The 8th & 12th Houses: Explore the Mysteries :)