1st house planets fail to boost Aries influence as other houses do with their signs?

Darth MI

I am wondering. One of the easiest and fastest way to dilineate a chart and analyze what sign is dominant in addition to number of planet in the signs is to see how many planets are in a house. Without taking aspects,signs, and angles into account, its safe to assume a stellium of planets in one house would lead to a chart being dominated by the sign that house traditionally rules.

For example, Capricorn was third dominant for one chart I read and this person has a stellium of Aries planet in 10th house in his chart. Pisces is second dominant for another chart and she has a 12th house stellium. I even seen tied dominants with tied number of most planets in two houses!

Yet I have yet to read a chart where Aries is dominant or an undeniably strong influence in one natal chart. When there are many planets in one house, the dominant always end up as the same sign the ascendant is but Aries don't tend to rank high (even if most of the biggest aspected planets in first house). In fact if the ascendant sign isn't necessarily the dominant, even if there are most planets in first house the personality I noticed will come out acting very much like the ascendant. Despite the fact not all planets in first house are the same as ascendant and the asc's sign comes out ranking medium or low in percentages. And from what I knw of person with these type of charts, they are very much their ascendan but the first house Aries influence cannot be seen.

What is the reason for this? Why would multiple planets being in other houses like 5th house boost the strength of that specific sign traditionally ruled by that house **** greatly? But the it is the opposite with first house where the effects go more on the sign that house is in for that specific chart (in other words the same sign as the Ascendant) but barely for the first house and Aries (to the point the effects of having more planets in first house comes off as 4th house if the Asc than 1st house)?

I read somewhere that the first house represents self and as a result anyplanets would represent oneself there. So if your planets are in Cancer, it will make you Cancerian at the core,etc. Hell even one planet in the first house can make a much visible effect than planets in other signs or houses not counting aspects, stelliums,etc. I only have Pluto in first house and the influence is so **** profound that Scorpio is my dominant sign. While Cancer is nowhere in the list despite having a 4th house stellium (although I do feel many Cancerian influences like preferance to stay at home than go out).

So since the first house is started by ascendant, would the ascendant be the self and any planets in the same houses would readily match the ascendant signs' demanor (especially if the planet is in the same sign as the Asc)? Rather than giving an Aries flavor? One would think with Pluto being in first house, there would be an Arien demeanor such as love for sports (which isn't into my personality and whatever Aries traits I have such as a growing love for sports has more to do with life experiences than as a natural personality trait).

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I am wondering. One of the easiest and fastest way to dilineate a chart and analyze what sign is dominant in addition to number of planet in the signs is to see how many planets are in a house. Without taking aspects,signs, and angles into account, its safe to assume a stellium of planets in one house would lead to a chart being dominated by the sign that house traditionally rules.

For example, Capricorn was third dominant for one chart I read and this person has a stellium of Aries planet in 10th house in his chart. Pisces is second dominant for another chart and she has a 12th house stellium. I even seen tied dominants with tied number of most planets in two houses!

Yet I have yet to read a chart where Aries is dominant or an undeniably strong influence in one natal chart. When there are many planets in one house, the dominant always end up as the same sign the ascendant is but Aries don't tend to rank high (even if most of the biggest aspected planets in first house). In fact if the ascendant sign isn't necessarily the dominant, even if there are most planets in first house the personality I noticed will come out acting very much like the ascendant. Despite the fact not all planets in first house are the same as ascendant and the asc's sign comes out ranking medium or low in percentages. And from what I knw of person with these type of charts, they are very much their ascendan but the first house Aries influence cannot be seen.

What is the reason for this? Why would multiple planets being in other houses like 5th house boost the strength of that specific sign traditionally ruled by that house **** greatly? But the it is the opposite with first house where the effects go more on the sign that house is in for that specific chart (in other words the same sign as the Ascendant) but barely for the first house and Aries (to the point the effects of having more planets in first house comes off as 4th house if the Asc than 1st house)?

I read somewhere that the first house represents self and as a result anyplanets would represent oneself there. So if your planets are in Cancer, it will make you Cancerian at the core,etc. Hell even one planet in the first house can make a much visible effect than planets in other signs or houses not counting aspects, stelliums,etc. I only have Pluto in first house and the influence is so **** profound that Scorpio is my dominant sign. While Cancer is nowhere in the list despite having a 4th house stellium (although I do feel many Cancerian influences like preferance to stay at home than go out).

So since the first house is started by ascendant,
would the ascendant be the self
and any planets in the same houses would readily match the ascendant signs' demeanor
(especially if the planet is in the same sign as the Asc)?
Rather than giving an Aries flavor?
The realms of the 'one-size-fits-all School of Astrology'
are the basis of unreliable assumptions
:smile:

When discussing influences of particular planets on a particular house
then
reading, studying and practising the astrological significations of that specific house, is imperative

for example MAIN RULERSHIPS OF 1st HOUSE

'…..Life, vitality and health.
Stature, colour, complexion, form and shape of body.
Older sources note its influence upon the intellect, the way the mind works, and speech.
In general, the first house represents the focal point for the personality and manner of expression. As well as describing the physical appearance,
the condition of this house and that of its planetary ruler
indicates the level of personal vitality and strength....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

AND

reading, studying, and practising understanding the astrological significations of the house ruler,
WHEN THAT HOUSE RULER IS LOCATED IN SIGNS OTHER THAN THOSE IT RULES
is imperative

so

since you have specifically mentioned Aries
then
because Aries is the home territory of Mars
then
find the NATAL sign location of Mars in the
AND
the NATAL house location of Mars