Am I an Old soul?

Luca Brasi

I've been doing a lot of reading on the Nodes of the natal chart for the first time, and how they relate to past lives, how old your soul is etc.

I was wondering if anyone could tell by Natal chart if I am? I've always felt like I was an old soul, felt different than most people I interact with. Minus the closes friends and all that.

Natal Chart: http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/...tro_w2at_01_luca_hp7075657612_zpsc13a6dc6.gif

Virgo Sun
Scorpio Rising
Capricorn Moon
MC: Leo
Venus in Cancer
Mars in Libra
Pluto in Scorpio
North Node in Sagittarius

Thanks in advance.

Luca Brasi

To determine oldness in the soul you need a bigger picture, and a continuum.

The soul is not all there is. You will have to read Theosophy or Alica A. Bailey to get some perspective.

Excuse my ignorance, I'm still new to all this, but what do you mean by bigger picture and continuum?

Zonark

The Moon indicates age of the soul in 8 stages.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/lunarphases.html

For example I have a balsamic Moon, representing the 8th and final stage of the Lunar cycle. My life is one of endings, not beginnings. I am here to finish up, let go, prepare for the end of a cycle of incarnation. People call me an old soul all the time.

Soul itself is eternal, at least what it is made from. Soul goes through a lifecycle too though, just as bodies do.

The task of a truly old soul is essentially taking all the lessons of the past 7 cycles and distilling them into their essentials and planting the seed for the next soul lifecycle.

People with old souls are vessels for transmission, it is not a life of self direction. Your soul is too weathered to just 'be itself'. It has learned too much to be concerned with ego. The task is to learn the Great Mysteries and transmit them into the essential packets of seed information to plant.

Luca Brasi

The Moon indicates age of the soul in 8 stages.

For example I have a balsamic Moon, representing the 8th and final stage of the Lunar cycle. My life is one of endings, not beginnings. I am here to finish up, let go, prepare for the end of a cycle of incarnation. People call me an old soul all the time.

Soul itself is eternal, at least what it is made from. Soul goes through a lifecycle too though, just as bodies do.

The task of a truly old soul is essentially taking all the lessons of the past 7 cycles and distilling them into their essentials and planting the seed for the next soul lifecycle.

People with old souls are vessels for transmission, it is not a life of self direction. Your soul is too weathered to just 'be itself'. It has learned too much to be concerned with ego. The task is to learn the Great Mysteries and transmit them into the essential packets of seed information to plant.

Wait how can I tell what kind of moon I have ?

Virinchi

saturn and nodes indicate balance karma left with you and they can tell if its almost done or still to go on earth

Zonark

Wait how can I tell what kind of moon I have ?

Well, there are 8 stages. The stage is calculated with the Moon's position in relation to the Sun. So we're dividing the 360 degrees of the Zodiac by 8, so we get sections of 45 degrees that make up the 8 stages. Then we take note of where the Sun is in those degrees and where the Moon is in relation to it. If the Moon is rising before the Sun in a Diurnal chart (that's one where the Sun is above the Horizon line, that's the line in your chart made by your AC/DC line) then we count how many degrees the Moon has passed after the Sun. For example, you have Sun at 23 degrees Leo, Ascendant at 11 degrees Aquarius (so the Descendent is 11 degrees Leo) Moon at 10 degrees Virgo. The Moon would be 16 degrees ahead of the Sun so it's still in the first stage. This is a person with a brand new soul. A fresh learner, possibly an incarnate being from another plane of existence. This world is unusual, exciting and frightening to them, full of surprises.

The Sun always moves counterclockwise in the chart and the Moon rotates counterclockwise as well but it does so much faster. So no matter what sign you are, the Moon could be either right in front of the Sun or coming up right behind it.

If the Moon is coming up right behind the Sun, it's in the last stage of the cycles. Example, Sun in Leo at 24 degrees and Cancer Moon at 20 degrees (my chart). This is 34 degrees of separation between the two of them the short way BUT remember that the Moon orbits in the same direction as the Sun only much faster, so this is a Moon that has nearly completed its orbit. So we don't count the relatively short 34 degree space between the Sun and Moon but the very large 326 degrees that the Moon has passed ahead of the Sun in this orbital cycle.

You see, once the Moon gets 180 degrees ahead of the Sun you keep counting up until you complete the circle and get back to the Sun or hit the Moon. People with Sun conjunct Moon are either very very old or very very young souls. People whose Moon is Cazimi (in the heart of the Sun, conjunct within the minute) are standing on a timeless bridge between being an absolutely ancient and brand new soul. Neat isn't it?

Here's a link with detail on the 8 phases, with their names and qualities, as well as info on how to find them if my explanation didn't help;

Zonark

I'm still new to this, but anyway you could tell how much balance karma left in me by reading my chart?

Your Moon's 118 degrees away from your Sun, so using the info I gave you what lunar phase is your moon in?

Once you learn how to do really simple calculations like this astrology's a lot more fun by the way. At the forum we all like to guide each other rather than just give answers outright. It's more empowering to learn for yourself. Some things are too difficult to figure out without a dozen or so lifetimes at least though (like astrology and other occult arts).

Last edited:

mdinaz

I don't believe that for a second. Your many incarnations are not lived sequentially, as there is no time. Time is a man-made concept and does not exist for the soul. All lives happen at the same time and affect each other in many ways. Every bit of growth and progress you achieve in this life affects your other lives in the form of intuition and hunches and innate talent, and they the same for you. Each incarnation and time of birth was specifically chosen so that you would have the experiences you do, when you do, with the people you have them with. The moon will be at whatever location it needs to be for that to come about in this life, whether new, full, or somewhere in-between.

There are no "last" incarnations as they are all the last one, and the first one. The depth of growth and experience is modified by the circumstances of your existence, the culture you are born in, the class and standing, and the experiences you have. A modern day human living in New York City is no more or less spiritually advanced than some monk living on a mountaintop with no running water. Whether the man-made year is 500 BC or 2014 AD is irrelevant to spiritual growth.

How can you tell the age of your soul? One is by your own inherent thoughts and beliefs, how quickly you assimilate new teachings, how well you can think them through, incorporate them and use them to teach others. Someone who has done this in many lives will get better and better at it just like any other talent. And the more you do this in one life, the more you benefit their lives. The "NOW" continually shapes, modifies and adapts. Your soul may choose to focus on this life, or one in 1472, as the need may be. It may focus on many of them at the same time when a specific theme is being explored. Your own spiritual intuition, dreams and innate knowledge will let you know how far down the path you are. Your hands will give you a clue as the more lines on your hands, the more experiences and teachings you have assimilated, but only those relevant to this life. The natal chart is just the blueprint for THIS life - not the hundreds or thousands of others that you already have.

Zonark

I don't believe that for a second. Your many incarnations are not lived sequentially, as there is no time. Time is a man-made concept and does not exist for the soul. All lives happen at the same time and affect each other in many ways. Every bit of growth and progress you achieve in this life affects your other lives in the form of intuition and hunches and innate talent, and they the same for you. Each incarnation and time of birth was specifically chosen so that you would have the experiences you do, when you do, with the people you have them with. The moon will be at whatever location it needs to be for that to come about in this life, whether new, full, or somewhere in-between.

There are no "last" incarnations as they are all the last one, and the first one. The depth of growth and experience is modified by the circumstances of your existence, the culture you are born in, the class and standing, and the experiences you have. A modern day human living in New York City is no more or less spiritually advanced than some monk living on a mountaintop with no running water. Whether the man-made year is 500 BC or 2014 AD is irrelevant to spiritual growth.

How can you tell the age of your soul? One is by your own inherent thoughts and beliefs, how quickly you assimilate new teachings, how well you can think them through, incorporate them and use them to teach others. Someone who has done this in many lives will get better and better at it just like any other talent. And the more you do this in one life, the more you benefit their lives. The "NOW" continually shapes, modifies and adapts. Your soul may choose to focus on this life, or one in 1472, as the need may be. It may focus on many of them at the same time when a specific theme is being explored. Your own spiritual intuition, dreams and innate knowledge will let you know how far down the path you are. Your hands will give you a clue as the more lines on your hands, the more experiences and teachings you have assimilated, but only those relevant to this life. The natal chart is just the blueprint for THIS life - not the hundreds or thousands of others that you already have.

No, time is quite real and exists for the soul as well as the body. You're thinking of the 'higher self' which is also often called the soul, it's the part of you that is universal Oneness energy ouitside of time and space like you describe. This isn't the part of you subject to reincarnation though since 'reincarnation' for the Higher Self is just one of many manifestations of omnipresence.

It's a tiered process of vehicles and shells. You're right but you're also missing a step basically.

Numbers are a vital component of time and in the occult all numbers have magical significance. 8 signifies endings and deaths. It's possible that the soul does not die the 8th time or dies before the 8th time but typically this is when the soul that has been reincarnating in this particular dimensional plane reaches a culmination of energy and moves onto a completely different plane after a beyond death remerging with subtler vehicles.

The process isn't exact but many occult traditions and cultures acknowledge the reality of tiers of subtle bodies that each have their own kind of mortality.

Edit: For a good example of this look at the process of the Etheric, Astral, Mental, Archetypal etc bodies.

Last edited: