Hitler's Intense Eyes

Darth MI

One of the biggest cherrypicking in astrology. People often point out to Hitler's eyes as being one of the reasons he is definitely Scorpio Asc. Even at least one professional astrologer who's part of the AFA stated he definitely has Scorpio eyes but dismisses the notion he is Scorpio Asc due to recorded birth time putting him as Libra Asc in one site I've lurked on.

Honestly all the pictures people point out are public images in his speeches. They ignore the fact any leader who wishes to get the populace definitely has to look intense and serious in speeches to win votes. Also Hitler was a World War I veteran. A lot of the anger in his eyes quite resemble the typical disillusioned war veteran who was mistreated upon coming back home. Has anyone actually seen the angry faces of other World War I vets from the same period?

Also I am curious if there is anything in his current Libra Asc chart that points out to why he has angry eyes? I already hold the opinion he was just merely appearing like a politician should and he was also quite angry from his WWI experience and carried his frustration into his public speeches and meetings with the general populace. But it'd be interesting to any pointers in his chart that explains it!

savanna

Hitler was initially an artist and he got the German public to love him. Sounds like Libra rising to me with Venus ruling his chart and his sun in Taurus.

His reputation as an evil dictator (which he was) might give people the impression his rising was Scorpio... the entire arguement on his chart is dumb though since we have his birth data!

sworm09

Hitler was initially an artist and he got the German public to love him. Sounds like Libra rising to me with Venus ruling his chart and his sun in Taurus.

His reputation as an evil dictator (which he was) might give people the impression his rising was Scorpio... the entire arguement on his chart is dumb though since we have his birth data!

Yes, yes, yes, yes a thousand times yes :biggrin:

We can agree here that the Hitler has "intense eyes" thing was an interpretation cooked up after the war. If you look at most public figures, especially political activists, they have the same "intense" gaze. Look at Martin Luther King Jr. as just a random example. How about Theodore Roosevelt? He was constantly gazing into the camera as if he wanted to punch it. Public figures, particularly males DO this to keep up an image. So it's no surprise that a WWI veteran who wants to promote the image of a strong German leader would give the camera a good glare. It was only natural and had nothing to do with his Ascendant, especially in isolation.

Another thing that must be taken into consideration is the fact that the "intense eyes" that people often talk about are up for interpretation. What constitutes an intense gaze? It depends on the person. What's intense for me may be amusing to you.

I'm with you 100% savanna, as well as Darth MI; a supposed intense gaze doesn't really hold enough water to warrant a shift to a Scorpio Ascendant, especially looking at how we have a birth time. As I said in another thread, the only people who really seem to want to shift to a Scorpio Ascendant so badly are those who are trying to fulfill an image of Hitler, rather than the actual Hitler himself.

Last edited:

junoisuppose

Maybe he was born a libra ascendant and then later, when he was at the height of his powers, his ascendant had progressed to scorpio.

Plus, also, if he had libra rising then he had planets in the 8th house which gave a scorpio feel.

sworm09

Maybe he was born a libra ascendant and then later, when he was at the height of his powers, his ascendant had progressed to scorpio.

Plus, also, if he had libra rising then he had planets in the 8th house which gave a scorpio feel.

I think a lot of what gives people that indicator of Hitler's "bite" is his chart ruler. Venus rules the Ascendant and is in domicile which would normally point out someone that acts in a more gentle manner specifically in relationships and toward others. But there's a few modifying factors that contribute to Venus being messed up. First, Venus is occidental so his expression of Venus is going to be much more subtle manner. Venus is also above the Earth in day chart making it more unstable. So Venus' normal peaceful treats are composed, internal and subtle (this is accentuated by her being in a feminine quarter). Whatever loving, passionate traits Hitler had, they're not clear or obvious at all, but are there.

Now Mars in detriment, in a feminine sign, a feminine quarter, out of sect about the earth....is probably in the most awkward position possible in that his aggressive qualities are simultaneously composed, but definitely very frustrated and upset. Mars in detriment is angry, and it's only more frustrated by all of the other awkward positions that Mars is in.

So Venus' loving traits are very subtle, but hurt drastically by an upset Mars that's being forced into a corner. Saturn in detriment is squaring them both without reception which contributes difficulties with shame and frustration due to feeling silenced or held back.

Now this doesn't explain why he had a sharp look in his eye, but it really captures his anger and frustration. He felt wronged and was angry because of it and this was expressed in his 10th house career.

Flapjacks

"He was constantly gazing into the camera as if he wanted to punch it."

Sorry, I almost spit out my soup at that comment! :lol:

To be honest, I don't think he has "intense eyes" in any sort of special way. I actually always thought he looked really doe eyed when he wasn't making angry faces. :unsure: War, prison, 40 attempted assassinations and being a dictator probably would make anyone look like a Scorpio Ascendant. :bandit:

Hitler during WWI:

Hitler_1914_1918.jpg

in 1923:

article-2066155-00283C5800000258-133_306x423.jpg

Also you got to think of the time period, when everyone in photographs look like they're wanting to be anywhere but in front of a camera.

Scorpio888

Hitler has Bette Davis eyes because he has Bette Davis' Rising sign, no matter what rounded-off-to-the-nearest-half-hour birthtime you've seen.

Flapjacks

Do you know how hard it is for me not to post a picture of Bette Davis with a Hitler mustache now?

You're lucky I have too much respect for her. :rolleyes:

sworm09

Hitler has Bette Davis eyes because he has Bette Davis' Rising sign, no matter what rounded-off-to-the-nearest-half-hour birthtime you've seen.

Despite the fact you have no idea what the actual birth time or degree of the Ascendant would be. Just as long as it's in Scoprio, right? Yeah, I'd rather take what you believe to be the rounded off to the nearest half hour than anywhere within the space of the next two hours and 45 minutes.

You noted that his eyes were like Bette Davis which supposedly proves that he was a Scorpio rising with an indeterminate rising degree. Clint Eastwood, Benito Mussolini, Marlon Brando, Margaret Thatcher and Uri Geller are all Scorpio rising as well. None of them have eyes like Bette Davis or Adolf Hitler and none of them have eyes like one another; i.e. they have nothing in common in regards to appearance, which makes sense as 1/12th of the population would have the same eyes.

So because, by pure coincidence, Hitler's eyes in his younger days (not even his whole life) look like the eyes of someone else of a different Asc sign in which none of the natives share eye shape, Hitler MUST share that Ascendant sign?

I don't think physical traits or physical resemblances to other people are enough to warrant changing the Ascendant. It would be more conductive to look at the events or life changes that would be indicated by changing the Ascendant to Scorpio, but we can't do that as we don't know what degree of Scorpio would rise, thus not allowing us to determine what planets are in which houses.

It's safer to stick to the Libra Asc, especially looking at how Lois Rodden, data collector got it confirmed from Claudia von Schierstedt who conducted personal research into Austrian archives to find it. The birthtime comes from the local church in Branau which kept records of Hitler's birth in church records. Though I can admit it is probably off a few minutes or so, it's probably not too early, but too late, let alone in the next sign! Wilhelm Wulff, Henrich Himmler's astrologer rectified Hitler's birth time to.....*drumroll*......6:03:27pm. It keeps the Libra Ascendant but it's earlier, and it works like a charm.

And to be honest, that birth time fits the events in Hitler's life beautifully and much more closely by progression! Switching to a later birth time would move the progression for the Bear Hall Putsch (P. Asc square Sat in the 10th) into much earlier in 1923. Switching to a Scorpio Asc would take most of the important events in Hitler's life, and push them back at least a year. My favorite example though...the year 1900. This was the year his brother Edmund died which had great effect on Hitler; it made him much more detached, quiet, withdrawn. This quote is from Adolf Hitler: A Psychological Interpretation of His View on Architecture, Art, and Music:

"Adolf Hitler continued to be successful in school for the first year in Leonding, but a picture of him in 1900, when compared to one taken the year before, shows a decided change. Hitler then became a withdrawn, introspective and moody child. This change was evident in his grades. Never again was he a successful student. It is possible that the reason for this dramatic change was the death of his younger brother Edmond, who succumbed to measles."

Now Astrologically, what happened in 1900? That was the year his progressed Ascendant changed from Libra to Scorpio in the 6:03:27 chart. Like I said, works like a charm.

Last edited:

NeverSafe

"He was constantly gazing into the camera as if he wanted to punch it."

Sorry, I almost spit out my soup at that comment! :lol:

To be honest, I don't think he has "intense eyes" in any sort of special way. I actually always thought he looked really doe eyed when he wasn't making angry faces. :unsure: War, prison, 40 attempted assassinations and being a dictator probably would make anyone look like a Scorpio Ascendant. :bandit:

Hitler during WWI:

Hitler_1914_1918.jpg

in 1923:

article-2066155-00283C5800000258-133_306x423.jpg

Also you got to think of the time period, when everyone in photographs look like they're wanting to be anywhere but in front of a camera.

Wow yes, he definitely looks more like a Libra ascendant here. I don't find these pictures intense at all (or at least Scorpio/Pluto intense).

Crystalpages

Mars tends to give a staring and glaring gaze. Degrees of intensity vary. Hitler did have some martian elements in his sidereal chart (probably tropical too), so when he tuned into his martian self, probably the mars-gaze kicked in! Among other passionate demonstrations and gestures etc.