I reunited with this man and had a fun time with him, will this go anywhere, yes or n

Zarathu

Account Closed
What is a "Ptolemaic relationship"

One of the following aspects: 0, 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180

While not considered a major Ptolemaic aspect, since its the other 30 degree difference, and since I've found it to be every bit as powerful as the others, I include it also.

dr. farr

Actually, I too include 30 and 150 (semi-sextile and quincunx) in practice; however, "traditionally" defined they are not "ptolemaic" (so our Traditionalist and Hellenist friends would say!)

dr. farr

So other than that there are no other indicators of a relationship that you see? If nothing serious, do you at least see a long friendship? I find it kind of weird that we don't at least have a 5th house ruler aspect going on since he and I are in a romantic kind of situation. Maybe this chart is off...

I follow an alternative horary method; in my post I was just defining the meaning of "ptolemaic"

Lion o ness

Dr. F.,l I have one more question.,,

I know u use the arabic parts, but how do you know if the arabic part is applying or separating?

dr. farr

I'll delineate by my alternative method:

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-querent = Virgo = Mercury
-he = 7th house = Pisces = Jupiter
-querent co-significator = Moon
-Mercury flows away from Jupiter = - testimony
-Moon flows toward Jupiter = + testimony
-Jupiter in detriment in Gemini = - testimony
-Moon in detriment in Capricorn = - testimony
Results:
Positive = 1
Negative = 3
Net = -2 testimonies

With a net -2 result, indications are that the relationship will probably not develop much further than it is at the present time, over the next few months; after that time, however, who knows? If things remain friendly but have not advanced in, say, 3 or 4 months from now, in my opinion it would be valid to ask this question again, at that time...

VirGem89

So, that's the way romance is determined in charts? Whichever ruler of your ascendant, is sextile/trine/conjunction to the partner's 5th or 7th house ruler?

So, my ascendant being Sagittarius...Jupiter. The other being Leo...sun.
So, his sun would have to be sextile/trine to my 5th or 7th house ruler and vise versa???

What would mean the most romantic compatibility/long-term staying power?

dr. farr

Dr. F.,l I have one more question.,,

I know u use the arabic parts, but how do you know if the arabic part is applying or separating?

You don't:pinched:!
It is whether the SIGNIFICATORS are applying (in aspect, or flowing by body toward) or seperating (in aspect, or flowing by body away from) the PART (LOT), which gives the indications (plus of course the house, sign, quality of degree, the Part is in, plus the condition of the planet which disposits that Lot)...

dr. farr

So, that's the way romance is determined in charts? Whichever ruler of your ascendant, is sextile/trine/conjunction to the partner's 5th or 7th house ruler?

So, my ascendant being Sagittarius...Jupiter. The other being Leo...sun.
So, his sun would have to be sextile/trine to my 5th or 7th house ruler and vise versa???

What would mean the most romantic compatibility/long-term staying power?

This is the way (actually PART of the way) it is determined in STANDARD horary delineation (actually standard Western horary) There are other considerations when using other horary approaches (such as the one I use, and various Vedic horary methods, called prashna), and other criteria are used in other branches of astrology in making such judgements (such as in composite natal, first meeting event charts, etc etc)

aquarius7000

Hi,

Jup (he) is in Merc's dignity, so, yes, he likes you. However, Jup is in a critical degree and about to change signs. Also, the Moon (the driving force) is in detriment and going to oppose Merc in 2 units. Please wait and watch for 2 weeks as to how things shape up.

Best
:)AQ7

dandelionnn

Hi,

Jup (he) is in Merc's dignity, so, yes, he likes you. However, Jup is in a critical degree and about to change signs. Also, the Moon (the driving force) is in detriment and going to oppose Merc in 2 units. Please wait and watch for 2 weeks as to how things shape up.

Best
Hello, thank you:) Question, does the Jupiter changing of signs mean changing of mind on his part, about me? Also, is the Moon me or him? I will watch and I will update, thank you. Hmm, I wish there were hidden solutions in horary to keep things from happening that are supposed to...I wonder what I can do to keep things from changing in a negative way as it seems everyone is saying on here.

dr. farr

I believe that horary gives indications based upon "if no changes are made this is what will happen"-I believe horary can give clues as to what the querent could do-actions the querent could take- to CHANGE the outcome indicated in that horary answer (note-most horarists would strongly disagree with this outlook, but I am convinced of its validity)
Find out the negative indications in the chart and then reverse them: here Mercury (you) flow away from him (Jupiter)-so, get closer to him, move toward him in various ways; he (Jupiter) is in detriment-find out what's bothering him, afflicting him, and then take action (if you can) to mitigate those factors; you (Moon) are detrimented in Capricorn-that's reflective of your feelings (Moon) and doubts (Moon in Capricorn)-examine those feelings, and your doubts, and redirect them toward the positive, examine your doubts and see if they can be overcome by optimistic thoughts and actions.

aquarius7000

Hi,
Hello, thank you:) Question, does the Jupiter changing of signs mean changing of mind on his part, about me? Also, is the Moon me or him? I will watch and I will update, thank you. Hmm, I wish there were hidden solutions in horary to keep things from happening that are supposed to...I wonder what I can do to keep things from changing in a negative way as it seems everyone is saying on here.
What has to happen, happens by God's will, and it is for your own growth. Take it that way. You cannot hold anything or anyone back. It is even wrong to try to do so, though we all want to. In trying to do that, we only block energy. Let things flow and take their natural course, whilst you live your life and do things the way required at a given time w/o trying to put any pressure in order to make them take a certain direction. At best, there might be a little delay, but they won't last, if they are not meant to. Also, please do not forget that we are human beings here trying to 'interpret' a chart. Human beings make mistakes. Don't let a chart reading become your life plan. Never make that mistake.

Jupiter changing signs can mean many things in this chart. It leaves its sign of detriment, so a positive. It also leaves the sign of Merc's dignity; however, in doing that, it also enters the sign Merc is in, and the sign of the Moon's dignity. The Moon is taken as the querent's co-sig. Not the quesited's. Over and above that, it is taken as the engine of the chart.

Let things flow, and don't push. Just be yourself.

Last edited:

dandelionnn

I believe that horary gives indications based upon "if no changes are made this is what will happen"-I believe horary can give clues as to what the querent could do-actions the querent could take- to CHANGE the outcome indicated in that horary answer (note-most horarists would strongly disagree with this outlook, but I am convinced of its validity)
Find out the negative indications in the chart and then reverse them: here Mercury (you) flow away from him (Jupiter)-so, get closer to him, move toward him in various ways; he (Jupiter) is in detriment-find out what's bothering him, afflicting him, and then take action (if you can) to mitigate those factors; you (Moon) are detrimented in Capricorn-that's reflective of your feelings (Moon) and doubts (Moon in Capricorn)-examine those feelings, and your doubts, and redirect them toward the positive, examine your doubts and see if they can be overcome by optimistic thoughts and actions.

Wow, thank you Dr.Farr. I will try this and see where it goes. I also believe everything is not set in stone and that anyone can change the course of their own destiny if they just know what the problem is and change it. I have been very doubtful (I always am), so I will try to be more optimistic and show him that I like him and will try to get closer to him. He has been lacking a little bit in communication so there may be something wrong with him as you said...I will approach the situation. Thank you for the advice/solution to this horary complication. :)

dandelionnn

Hi,
What has to happen, happens by God's will, and it is for your own growth. Take it that way. You cannot hold anything or anyone back. It is even wrong to try to do so, though we all want to. In trying to do that, we only block energy. Let things flow and take their natural course, whilst you live your life and do things the way required at a given time w/o trying to put any pressure in order to make them take a certain direction. At best, there might be a little delay, but they won't last, if they are not meant to. Also, please do not forget that we are human beings here trying to 'interpret' a chart. Human beings make mistakes. Don't let a chart reading become your life plan. Never make that mistake.

Jupiter changing signs can mean many things in this chart. It leaves its sign of detriment, so a positive. It also leaves the sign of Merc's dignity; however, in doing that, it also enters the sign Merc is in, and the sign of the Moon's dignity. The Moon is taken as the querent's co-sig. Not the quesited's. Over and above that, it is taken as the engine of the chart.

I also agree with you on this. Thank you for being sweet about all of this. God does want what's best for us and if it's not meant to be it wont be, and I'll accept that when the time comes...
I'm wondering, what should it mean that when Jupiter leaves the sign of Merc's dignity, and it enters the sign Mercury is in and the Moon's sign? How does that affect everything? I got a little lost there, sorry! I have trouble understanding this type of language lol.

dandelionnn

UPDATE:
He keeps telling me how he likes me, and apologizes and admits that he hasn't been trying very hard because he gets really tired from work and such, and he admits that it's a real cruddy excuse but says he would love to make time for me...Why does he say he really likes me and wants to be friends and more with me? So maybe he's not lying...but I haven't seen him in about maybe 5 weeks, should I create a new Horary chart to interpret what's going on? Is he just afraid to fall in love with me or afraid to hurt my feelings or what...He works as a cameraman in films...maybe that takes up a lot of work and time, but he could have tried to make some effort...I'm being patient, so I will wait and not push him. I will still make sure he still wants me by talking to him. But for now I have met someone else new...

dandelionnn

You guys were right. There's no sound from him...he disappeared. Could the same chart tell me why he did that? I've contacted him several times and there's still no reply. I don't get it...

rafaella

You guys were right. There's no sound from him...he disappeared. Could the same chart tell me why he did that? I've contacted him several times and there's still no reply. I don't get it...

There was no conjunction between Mercury and Jupiter, even though Mercury starts retrograding it never gets to Jupiter, as it turns direct before that conjunction happens. Also both Mercury and Jupiter aspect other planets rather than each other which points to prohibition.

I think the main issue is that Jupiter changes signs and becomes combust, a planet combust is hidden, he basically 'disappears'. Perhaps he has too much on his mind and overwhelmed, he may also have lost interest in you, as Jupiter enters Cancer and leaves Gemeni where he showed strong interest in Mercury.

Moon is not helpful either, being in Capricorn, its the worst sign it can be, things hardly go forward when Moon is in detriment.

Cancer7

Account Closed
Correct!!! Great reponse. God has given us all free will choice. To ask God to make someone change their mind is witchcraft!!! It is very wrong to try to do so.
Hi,

dandelionnn

Correct!!! Great reponse. God has given us all free will choice. To ask God to make someone change their mind is witchcraft!!! It is very wrong to try to do so.

I never tried to do that and wont ever. All I asked was if there was a way to prevent negative things from happening in Horary or since Horary provides the yes or no answers to everything than maybe it will also provide a solution.

Last edited: