Why are some people offended by nudity/sex?

Lykanized

Also tho, that's the other side of the coin. Someone who seems to be in your face about sex. I don't know the details so it very well may be more about you than other people. But if it is about other people, then an unhealthy societal view on sex can relate to that too. Or it can relate to both states

Lykanized

Ok, I feel like I have to make something very clear since this is becoming in itself heavily distorted... This is not about exhibitionism or my wanting to be able to be an exhibitionist in peace. Why does that term even exist anyway? It creates a unhealthy relationship with ones sexuality and sexual expression, in all honesty, making themselves believe they're a deviant and therefore becoming a deviant

Nothing is black and white. There's always a grey area. Promoting this idea doesn't mean people should be talking about sex consistently or pursuing sex consistently or in public places. That's not what it's about. It's about a collection of attitudes toward sex and nudity that leads to unhealthy relationships with other people and our own selves. And that can lead to various degrees of prudishness, or various degrees of overindulgence. And more deeply, it's about transcending that to reap the true pleasure and true beauty of sexuality

Ru33erDucky

Banned
I'd really love to understand the full picture. I do believe where we are now, the idea of sex is quite toxic. I'd really love if in any way I could help change the perspective, but yeah, I know I have to understand the multitude of variables that contributed to the evolution of the perspective on sex

I'll try to look into sociology and psychology as well as history when I get the time. Thank you for that

I do know sexual diseases will still be an issue and that's a whole other topic to tackle...

Sex is quite toxic; why wouldn't it be perceived as toxic? Sex, alone, has been the product of hundreds of thousands of deaths in the past few centuries. The effects of aids, HIV, and chlamydia are things anyone should fear. There is a justified reason why our minds have evolved to be monogamous. There may have been moments in history where entire populations were wiped out due to such diseases.

But it's rather funny; ironically, it's also very clean. Sex is the means we reproduce. You, me, we wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. It becomes rather complicated because of this. However, much like germs, society and our own genetics favoured people who were more cleanse. Look at the Black Plague. That was considered the end of the world for most. There wasn't going to be a Europe after that. The ones that practise safe, hygienic practises survived; those who didn't died (to put it simply). The majority of the population loves sex, but they also consider it dirty, and this has been the better perspective to take on the subject and has been the most successful in society.

I think it's quite reasonable why we naturally think sex to be a rather "toxic" - as you put it - discussion.

When you try to take a rather complicated issue and simplify it, you can't come to a definitive statement on the majority of subjects. Not even sex. Hell, the emotion, anger, isn't a bad thing either yet we consider it to be.

Think of equality. You start speaking about that as much as we love to value everyone to be the same, the reality of the situation is that it becomes really complicated and we're not equal and we don't want to be. "We want equal opportunities, not equal outcomes. It's dangerous to have equal outcomes." And this is speaking as someone with an Aqua moon...

In saying that, the topic will evolve and evolve to the point you have 500 page textbooks on the subject matter that still evolves in time.

At the end of the day, it's what can be practically applied that makes the most significance. Keep sex as being considered dirty; because, frankly, we don't want everyone running around getting AIDs. But, keep it enjoyable so we can reproduce.

Last edited:

Lykanized

Sex is quite toxic; why wouldn't it be perceived as toxic? Sex, alone, has been the product of hundreds of thousands of deaths in the past few centuries. The effects of aids, HIV, and chlamydia are things anyone should fear. There is a justified reason why our minds have evolved to be monogamous. There may have been moments in history where entire populations were wiped out due to such diseases.

But it's rather funny; ironically, it's also very clean. Sex is the means we reproduce. You, me, we wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. It becomes rather complicated because of this. However, much like germs, society and our own genetics favoured people who were more cleanse. Look at the Black Plague. That was considered the end of the world for most. There wasn't going to be a Europe after that. The ones that practise safe, hygienic practises survived; those who didn't died (to put it simply). The majority of the population loves sex, but they also consider it dirty, and this has been the better perspective to take on the subject and has been the most successful in society.

I think it's quite reasonable why we naturally think sex to be a rather "toxic" - as you put it - discussion.

When you try to take a rather complicated issue and simplify it, you can't come to a definitive statement on the majority of subjects. Not even sex. Hell, the emotion, anger, isn't a bad thing either yet we consider it to be.

Think of equality. You start speaking about that as much as we love to value everyone to be the same, the reality of the situation is that it becomes really complicated and we're not equal and we don't want to be. "We want equal opportunities, not equal outcomes. It's dangerous to have equal outcomes." And this is speaking as someone with an Aqua moon...

In saying that, the topic will evolve and evolve to the point you have 500 page textbooks on the subject matter that still evolves in time.

At the end of the day, it's what can be practically applied that makes the most significance. Keep sex as being considered dirty; because, frankly, we don't want everyone running around getting AIDs. But, keep it enjoyable so we can reproduce.
I get what you're saying, but I do think safe sex can coexist with a healthier perspective on sex. I think one thing being misunderstood in this thread which I'm sure is fault in my wording is that I'm promoting wild, untamed sexuality. Which I'm not. That in itself can be very very unbalanced. No, you can have a healthy perspective on sex societally even if every single person was monogamous and in a long term relationship

I should've made it more clear that I'm aware that there are people who are obsessed with sex and that that is unhealthy too, but I believe that also partially results from the perspective of sex as taboo. Partially. because we foster an unhealthy relationship with our own sexuality perhaps resulting in overemphasizing sex in rebellion
Another aspect of it could be lack of self awareness, but lack of self awareness is one of the things rampant in the world and it's not like that's the way it has to be

Big industries benefit from people who have a lack of self awareness because they can be used so it's really not in the interest of anyone above us to quell this

So I'm not saying we should promote the idea that sex isn't dirty. Not just that, but I'm saying that a healthier mindset should be promoted instead and that mindset wouldn't have to result in untamed sex because like I noted, restriction is part of a healthier mindset with sex