Just in general for horary dignities

oleanna

May i ask you as the much more experienced, how to judge dignities?
Case is my sister had her Venus as main signif. in exaltation with Venus, and in triplicity with Mars, her boyfriends main sign.
Her moon was in face with Mars.
- His Mars was in exaltation with her Venus and in triplicity with Mars...

I tried to explain this to her and failed...
She turned it all down to a "who loves whom more" and i thought to be in somebody else's exaltation is surely a lot, - but then, what would triplicity mean between partners?

I'd be happy if you had answers to this! Thanks a lot, this is agreat place to learn about astrology, and it's very interesting to follow your many diffrent topics (and even the more argumental ones...;) )

Amie

The one who is in exaltation is generally the one with stronger feelings than the one in triplicity. Triplicity= interest. So in each others' triplicities would signify mutual interest.

Last edited:

Dirius

May i ask you as the much more experienced, how to judge dignities?
Case is my sister had her Venus as main signif. in exaltation with Venus, and in triplicity with Mars, her boyfriends main sign.
Her moon was in face with Mars.
- His Mars was in exaltation with her Venus and in triplicity with Mars...

I tried to explain this to her and failed...
She turned it all down to a "who loves whom more" and i thought to be in somebody else's exaltation is surely a lot, - but then, what would triplicity mean between partners?

I'd be happy if you had answers to this! Thanks a lot, this is agreat place to learn about astrology, and it's very interesting to follow your many diffrent topics (and even the more argumental ones...;) )

The concept is that the stronger the dignity, the stronger the feeling.

Like Amie said:

- exaltation, the one is exalting the other (as in infatuated)
- triplicity (general attraction)

It is important to note that this feelings, just like in real life, vary...a lot. Someone can be exalting someone one week, then hating him or her the next week.

oleanna

thanks a lot! - and yes, i understand that can change quickly;)

- so "face" would simply mean one "sees", sort of takes notice of the other?
Could nearly mean a more distant feeling?

Dirius

thanks a lot! - and yes, i understand that can change quickly;)

- so "face" would simply mean one "sees", sort of takes notice of the other?
Could nearly mean a more distant feeling?

I personally don't like to assing "degrees" of feelings based on dignities (used to do it though).

Clearly finding the planet in the face of the other planet, rather than in no dignity is better, but faces (along with terms) are a bit complicated to understand, so they are hard to pin point the exact level of feeling.

Much more reliable are regency, exaltation and triplicity.

oleanna

Ok, i think from the charts I've seen during the last months, i understand what you mean. - I remember in a chart i made about a new colleague i was working with, we both had our signif. in face to each other, and it felt a bit, as if we were starring at each other, just waiting for what would happen next...
may i also ask:
Is in your eyes the "weight" of an aspect between moon and a signif. as much "worth" as aspects between the 2 main significators? Since this is another thing that is hard to understand for me. I am always a bit unsure with the moon and her meaning in the chart.
(I always read your interpretations with great joy, they seem to be so multi-layered and sensitive. and i very much like the great empathy and intuition you show in what you see in the charts!)
So i am happy to get answered my questions by you! Thank you!

Dirius

Ok, i think from the charts I've seen during the last months, i understand what you mean. - I remember in a chart i made about a new colleague i was working with, we both had our signif. in face to each other, and it felt a bit, as if we were starring at each other, just waiting for what would happen next...
may i also ask:
Is in your eyes the "weight" of an aspect between moon and a signif. as much "worth" as aspects between the 2 main significators? Since this is another thing that is hard to understand for me. I am always a bit unsure with the moon and her meaning in the chart.
(I always read your interpretations with great joy, they seem to be so multi-layered and sensitive. and i very much like the great empathy and intuition you show in what you see in the charts!)
So i am happy to get answered my questions by you! Thank you!

No problem :joyful:

Actually I have questioned the aspects from moon to main significators myself. But apparently they do seem to work just fine.

A few months ago I posted an horary chart about going out with a girl:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80411

The chart showed that a square from the moon was enough for the event to happen (with the complications implied by the square of course), and the reception from the 7th house ruler to my main significator was that of triplicity, which seems to imply some sort of attraction (I know this becase we did went on more dates after that one).

Apparently, whenever we are using "co-significators" for any given chart, they seem to be as valid as any of the main planets, and aspects to or from them work as for the regular planets.

What I'm still not sure (and trust me I'm investigating as much as I can), is if receptions from main planets to the moon work. I know aspects do. But receptions are a different story.

:sideways:

oleanna

No problem :joyful:

A few months ago I posted an horary chart about going out with a girl:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80411

Apparently, whenever we are using "co-significators" for any given chart, they seem to be as valid as any of the main planets, and aspects to or from them work as for the regular planets.

What I'm still not sure (and trust me I'm investigating as much as I can), is if receptions from main planets to the moon work. I know aspects do. But receptions are a different story.

:sideways:

I just had a look at this chart you posted, - very helpful, i can see what you mean!
interesting, tht you question the receptions between moon and MSs, i thought this was counting the same as between MSs... good to get reminded of the difference!
I will study my small amount of good charts to see the result!

-- Sometimes i found MS and moon very closely located, both in less than 5 degrees from the cusp of a house, - but on different sides from this cusp.
If an aspect is found in those situations, i am also unsure how to judge it. - i found twice, that it worked, although the moon would perfect the given aspect after crossing the cusp... (once with Jupiter, once with Saturn, sitting in the next house, as if they were waiting for the moon to "catch up") ... would you also say those aspects should be seen as valid?

Dirius

In regiomontanus and placidus system, a planet within 5° degrees of a house can be considered as "entering" the next house, so pretty much consider them in the same house.

Furthermore, for aspects contemplate the sign in which they find each other, not the actual house cusp. The aspect must perfect within the sign.

So for example: if you are looking at a trine between 2 planets, check if they are both in signs of the same element (for example both in water signs), disregard the actual house they are sitting in for the relevant aspect. The house the planets are placed in represent other things, like, how much power they have to act on the given sign. Yet despite the house they are placed in, the aspect will still happen.

If you are using whole sign house system, then obviously just check the sign :joyful:

oleanna

....thanks!! - I just checked back, and saw with one of the mentioned charts, the aspect even worked with different houses AND signs...?? just by chance? - My computer program doesn't show those aspects of course, if using the horary countings, but i started to use the "normal" calculations to see separating and applying aspects, and that is how i found the conjunction after changing sign and house from the moon's side. It was even in time pretty accurate. showed 4,2 - and it happened shortly 4 weeks after...

Dirius

oh, - i forgot: it had even been different elements - water/fire - ....

What I meant about elements, is that a Trine (a 120 degree aspect) only occurs in signs of the same element. But this is only concerning trines. A square occurs in signs of different elements (water/fire) for example.

You can post the chart if you want, its easier to read and use as an example :tongue:

oleanna

i'd love to, just now i have to run for to work at least a bit... so interesting to discuss this all! - (the both charts mentioned it has been conjunctions)
oh yes, and i see what you mean with the elements, of course, stupid of myself to misunderstand. sorry!
more later...

oleanna

What I meant about elements, is that a Trine (a 120 degree aspect) only occurs in signs of the same element. But this is only concerning trines. A square occurs in signs of different elements (water/fire) for example.

You can post the chart if you want, its easier to read and use as an example :tongue:

Hi, so here i am back! Sorry, but the main telephone line to our house got interrupted due to some work in the streets, - we still have no internet access nor telephone, so everything became a bit crazy...
here is the chart i spoke about:

it has been made by my sister who lived back then in Belgium, not very happy, asking herself, if she would be reunited with her family in the future. Saturn and moon are n different signs and houses, but will make an aspect after changing. i thought back then, it was a positive answer. - and so it has been. not absolutely accurate in time (in fact a month earlier than i thought) but still...

there has been a second one i remember, but i can't find it. - i have a pretty big "library" with charts of all sorts and the horary section is not in good order. i don't find time to see through all of the charts. Anyway. This here is at least an example. - you might read it differently, - i have (and am) not been so knwoing about horary and judged it on the simpe things i had seen...

Attachments

• Horoskop.jpg
    Horoskop.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 8