Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Ukpoohbear

Saw a quote today, ‘real growth starts when you’re tired of your own ****.’ How South Node is that! You get so fed up of your SN, you go towards the opposite.

david starling

Saw a quote today, ‘real growth starts when you’re tired of your own ****.’ How South Node is that! You get so fed up of your SN, you go towards the opposite.

How would you describe your own journey?

I can't help preferring my SN in Sagittarius to my NN in Gemini.

Do you find yourself actually preferring your NN to your SN?

ElenaJ

Equilibrium.
You can't expect to throw your roots out the window, and that they will have no influence over you. You will always have a familiar ring tone with your past. And that's SN.
And going out into the world, you aim towards growth, development, and filling in gaps that exist in your soul structure. You use your past to build your future. That's what NN does for you.

Ukpoohbear

How would you describe your own journey?

I can't help preferring my SN in Sagittarius to my NN in Gemini.

Do you find yourself actually preferring your NN to your SN?

I am beginning to have a better understanding of what my NN wants as time goes on. I don’t hate my SN, but I want to learn to use it in a better way. The old way is increasingly making me feel more resentful. Things never works out and I hit a road block and I hate when I act my SN. But, I can still use it. Just need to do it in a healthier way.

Maybe some charts are different. I doubt people change that much but maybe eventually a particular cycle ends and it can be seen in the chart. Like moon phases or degree signs or negative aspects related to the SN. And you have less wiggle room to use it, or resentment builds.

conspiracy theorist

Do you use Mozilla Firefox? I noticed that after a while my posts would be spaced out more than I intended when I did lengthier posts. But only on Mozilla. The excessive spacing doesn't occur when I use any other web browser.

Osamenor

Staff member
Why is this site set up do double or triple space paragraphs?

It's not. As CT says, it's probably a browser setting. But it's helpful if long posts are frequently spaced. Some people (self included) can't read electronic text if it's a long wall with no breaks. For the sake of inclusiveness, please space your paragraphs!

leomoon

From February 16th, to today, February 20th, Mt. Etna in Sicily has been spewing lots and lots of fire - its quite a scene. This is one we are supposed to be on the lookout for according to the Cayce readings, although the dates are not exact..seems quite overdue actually.

Some say, "maybe he meant 2058" but I doubt it, because as he said there is no real time, (not from where his rec'd his information - so it's relative)

Edgar Cayce predicted that dramatic physical changes would affect the Earth in the years 1958-1998 and would begin with the eruption of Mt. Etna.

YET, Etna was named as a "hotspot" (no pun intended) here:

https://www.crystalinks.com/caycearthchanges.html

Here is a short video clip:

Saturn is widely cj. Jupiter in the same sign, and square to Uranus -

cnn clip:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/20...orig-ep.cnn/video/playlists/around-the-world/

When we took a Carnival Cruise to Italy back in 2008 (I think it was), we went to Sicily as well as Venice and other places in the country to see the museums, Florence, etc. When we were ready to leave Sicilly for the day the Captain said he wanted to cruise around to show us the Mt. Etna which was just starting to erupt. It was nothing compared to this now, but it was a little bit of fire & smoke as I recall then. That was 12 years ago!

Ukpoohbear

Does anyone know what reading to recommend to get involved in energy work? I’ve done a lot of work intuitively and I’m at a stage now I’m ready to start reading about it.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Over at Capricorn research, the author did a small study of professional astrologers in the astrodatabank and found that Mars conj. ascendant was a statistically significant placement. I think there is a plausible explanation for that -- professional astrologers are self-employed.

Last edited:

david starling

Over at Capricorn research, the author did a small study of professional astrologers in the astrodatabank and found that Mars conj. ascendant was a statistically significant placement. I think there is a plausible explanation for that -- professional astrologers are self-employed.

Interesting. I have that, and I required self-employment in my line of work. I also "go my own way" as an amateur astrologer.

Anything about Placidus H1 versus H12 for the Mars placement?

Last edited:

leomoon

Benjamin Franklin lived quite a busy life

He was indeed, a jack of all trades. He also LOVED traveling when we think of it back in the day when everyone took cruises across the Atlantic to get anywhere. France, England, these were like second homes to him, he likely had a secret family over there (I'd not be surprised,) as well as Thomas Jefferson same thing.

When Franklin's wife was ill he still left for his bi-annual voyage across the Atlantic to England. She died while he was overseas. :crying: For his part, his wife may have refused to travel with him from what I recall, she hated traveling by water.

I think they also had at least one adopted child or a boy he took in.

Yes, a very very busy man and quite intelligent.

For those who believe in such things, I have the chart not only for Ben Franklin, but for his reincarnation in the late 1800s. Perhaps Synastry for them, (can't recall)...now. Based on Edgar Cayce's readings for the man.

The reincarnated Franklin was also very talented and owned a large furniture making place. I recall he was contemplating cheating without telling Cayce of course, but Cayce picked it up and warned him against doing so.

It had to do with finding a less expensive way to shellac? or finish furniture which Cayce gave him the recipe how to make. Franklin's other self - had a competitor or two. :unsure:

From what I recall of his last life he also was big in the Boy Scouts of America which sounded to me much like his life as Franklin. Interest in the younger folks and helping them out (like the adopted boy)

I came away feeling sorry for Franklin's wife however. :crying: Didn't sound like a lot of closeness was shared.

conspiracy theorist

Interesting. I have that, and I required self-employment in my line of work. I also "go my own way" as an amateur astrologer.

Anything about Placidus H1 versus H12 for the Mars placement?

If I'm remembering right, he looked at charts with a quadrant house system. He was also specific about degrees and orbs so in your specific case said aspect wouldn't be read as such. But with Sun conj. ASC, you have similar characteristics as far as self-sufficiency and going your own way is concerned.

conspiracy theorist

Leomoon, apparently Benjamin Franklin was a notorious philanderer so in more ways than one I doubt his wife saw their marriage through rose coloured lenses.

How'd Cayce determine that a furniture tycoon in the 1800s was the reincarnation of Benjamin Franklin?

ElenaJ

Sorry, I missed the link between mars conjunct ascendent and therefore self-employed. Not disputing, just asking.

conspiracy theorist

Ah, you wanted reasoning and not a link to the info.

My reasoning is that Mars on the ascendant makes the natives inclined to self-reliance, high energy levels, assertiveness, less regard for the opinions of others, and the desire to make a unique mark on the world. Qualities you'd need if you're going to work for yourself. I have the placement myself, and I think it contributes to my entrepreneurial spirit.