Lets learn about Midpoints!!

Rageypoo

So i'm having a curiosity for midpoints, and my solar fire version doesn't seem to want to show it by chart, but it does tell me by report that it's at 8 degrees Sag by 43.

Wile it's really nice to know this, what and how can I use it? I actually WANT to visually SEE aspects to the midpoint, Square trine conj etc etc. However, my version of solar fire is a younger one, and I don't see that option on Astro.com. Any thoughts?

I also understand that midpoint aspects are super picky about orbs, so having an orb tolerance of only 1.5 degrees, I may not have any aspects to it, at all. Is it significant that my venus is my midpoint between sun/NN? or that my sun is the midpoint between Venus/neptune? even my moon is midpoint to Uranus/DC and I don't seem to have any real positive/negative aspects to my actual Sun/moon midpoint. Would this make me attracted to people who have 8* midpoints in fire signs, or even in signs of opposition, like Gemini or Virgo?

Attachments

• chironpower.jpg
    chironpower.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

eternal wanderer

At astro.com, on top, just below birth data you have 3 chart options. Choose Pullen/astrolog, then Aspects/Midpoint grid chart and your midpoint calculations will be shown.

Hope this helps you.

Rageypoo

At astro.com, on top, just below birth data you have 3 chart options. Choose Pullen/astrolog, then Aspects/Midpoint grid chart and your midpoint calculations will be shown.

Hope this helps you.

WHOA that grid is weird!

I'm looking for aspects TO the midpoint, like a trine or a square etc. The grid is nice that it shows every midpoint for every planet though, but it doesn't show aspects to the sun/moon midpoint from planets

Last edited:

eternal wanderer

You have degrees of the midpoints. Just check if any planet is touching that degree by an aspect. What I have read suggests that only hard aspects should be considered (also semisquare and 135 degrees).

Rageypoo

But, if you come across to a software which calculates midpoints of transits I would like to know of it.

Solar Fire v8 does, but I don't have that version = )

you can clear up a chart to show only midpoints if necessary, so the chart wouldn't be so crowded, it's a nice feature to have for transits/progressions

Aside from finding a visual aid, is there anything anyone can touch upon with the rest of my question?

Last edited:

JerryRR

I recommend you employ a midpoint sort,Cardinal,Fix' and Mut'.(45 aspects ) 1 degree and a Graphic Ephemeris.
Most Astro prog's offer this option.

J.R.R.

sandstone

Banned
anachiel makes a good suggestion for anyone wanting to take a closer look at midpoints, or to understand them better and that is to consider learning how to use a 90 degree wheel or dial... this is a feature of most astro programs including solar fire.. the 90 degree wheel puts all cardiinal, fixed and mutable together in 30 degree sections to form a 90 degree wheel.. one can immediately see midpoints both direct and indirect that you will not be able to see as quickly, or clearly on a 360 degree wheel, which is what an ordinary astro chart is..

the above paragraph is for anyone interested in learning how to quickly notice midpoints, both direct and indirect.. the only qualification to this is that the 90 degree wheel highlights indirect midpoints that are connected via the hard aspects which include the 45 and 135, along with 0, 90 and 180 degree aspects.. this is due the fact it is a 90 degree wheel.. all midpoints connected via these aspects with the exception of the conjunction are called 'indirect' midpoints, which are considered just as relevant to midpoint work.. this is according to reinhold ebertins work.. the orbs used are tight - less then 2 degrees generally.. the 2 most central midpoints to a chart are generally thought to be the sun/moon ( su/mo) midpoint and the asc/mid ( a/m) midpoint.. have fun learning!

one more note, as i see an interest in seeing transits to midpoints earlier in the thread.. consider learning how to read biwheel charts on a 90 degree wheel or dial.. the biwheel feature of solar fire, and i am going to guess the other popular astro programs have this too), allows one to quickly see the natal chart with any number of predictive charts overlaid together using the biwheel feature... good luck!

Last edited:

Rageypoo

anachiel makes a good suggestion for anyone wanting to take a closer look at midpoints, or to understand them better and that is to consider learning how to use a 90 degree wheel or dial... this is a feature of most astro programs including solar fire.. the 90 degree wheel puts all cardiinal, fixed and mutable together in 30 degree sections to form a 90 degree wheel.. one can immediately see midpoints both direct and indirect that you will not be able to see as quickly, or clearly on a 360 degree wheel, which is what an ordinary astro chart is..

the above paragraph is for anyone interested in learning how to quickly notice midpoints, both direct and indirect.. the only qualification to this is that the 90 degree wheel highlights indirect midpoints that are connected via the hard aspects which include the 45 and 135, along with 0, 90 and 180 degree aspects.. this is due the fact it is a 90 degree wheel.. all midpoints connected via these aspects with the exception of the conjunction are called 'indirect' midpoints, which are considered just as relevant to midpoint work.. this is according to reinhold ebertins work.. the orbs used are tight - less then 2 degrees generally.. the 2 most central midpoints to a chart are generally thought to be the sun/moon ( su/mo) midpoint and the asc/mid ( a/m) midpoint.. have fun learning!

one more note, as i see an interest in seeing transits to midpoints earlier in the thread.. consider learning how to read biwheel charts on a 90 degree wheel or dial.. the biwheel feature of solar fire, and i am going to guess the other popular astro programs have this too), allows one to quickly see the natal chart with any number of predictive charts overlaid together using the biwheel feature... good luck!

Yea from what I hear v8 in solar fire does a nice job of displaying it, I guess I'll have to upgrade *shakes fist*

sandstone

Banned
rageypoo - solar fire has had these features for a long time! if you already have an earlier version, i am sure much of what i have mentioned, you'll be able to do.. what version do you have? i have 7.3.....

Rageypoo

rageypoo - solar fire has had these features for a long time! if you already have an earlier version, i am sure much of what i have mentioned, you'll be able to do.. what version do you have? i have 7.3.....

I have 7.3.1 and if you click the reports tab, you can see all the midpoints and their degrees, you cannot however get them to show up on the chart wheel, and actually SEE squares, trines, etc to the midpoints in synastry reports or transit/progressions (although if you know where the midpoint is, you can figure it out, just takes a wile)

sandstone

Banned
okay, we have basically the same version! view the chart and notice the option on the right hand side, right above 'redraw' where you have the option of looking at the chart as a wheel or a dial.. choose dial.. once their, notice the arrow inside the circle that you can point to any part of this 90 degree dial.. let me know what you see..