North Node in Ninth house and Fortune in Sagittarius but can't find optimism

Chillaxer

I believe firmly in these two barometers of luck and fortune, the P.O.F and the North Node, having viewed many other people's charts.

There is a strong Sagittarian key in my chart with the P.O.F in Sagittarius, well placed in the 1st house, and nicely trining the North Node in the ninth house.

But whilst I am very clear about the diagnosis, and see how it makes sense within the context of my life, I'm not sure if the cure isn't too late, or if I can activate it with the burden and constraint of things that seem insurmountable to shake off before it can be worth seeking out those new horizons.

I already have things 'embedded', if you get me, that mean that I can't take off, and the past follows and haunts me every day - there have been too many mistakes which I will struggle to break free off, however much I crave freedom and to live in the future.

Sag/Ninth is optimism, vision, the long term, and freedom.

Could it be that I will never activate these points?

There is far more adversity in life than my chart might suggest, hard to describe.

If these are my points of bliss, it makes it even worse if the rest of the chart means I can't activate them or that I have made too many mistakes and am now constrained...

Is my chart telling me to have faith because it will keep me from going under, just to get through it as best as possible, or is it telling me that genuine happiness is possible?

Tp put it in more context, I am experiencing dark issues around lack of boundaries, privacy intrusion and lack of liberty every day, based on past errors, it's very much a contemporary/civil liberties thing, but extreme.

Can I ever get back to normality and find my peace, and liberty?

Last edited:

Chillaxer

Apologies, forgot the chart, here it is.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_jj.56876.39467.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_jj.56876.39467.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 38

Chillaxer

I also have another query regarding Sagittarius and the Leo North Node in the 9th.

Am I thinking too rigidly about emigration? I have thought about France and getting away from English culture but now when I think of learning a language it doesn't seem so consistent with Sagittarian expansiveness and freedom- reason being relocation to somewhere like France means learning one language, and then dealing with responsibilities there. So you would have the major change of living a different culture and language, but you would also be bound to one language, as I'd only have time for that and would have to invest seriously- also I may actually be limiting my ability to contact with more cultures beyond French, whereas in the anglosphere and multicultural bits of the UK...I am not, and I haven't added the stress of another language.

I read someone describe the Sag/ninth energy as a constant flow and being about freedom, difference, expansiveness- so maybe travel is much more in this category than actual relocation?

Only think making me reconsider is that cancer is in the 9th, so does that mean 'laying down roots' somewhere else, and also Leo is a fixed sign, and I'm wondering if that 'fixity' means choosing one place different from England.

The other thing I want to ask about Sag and the Ninth is if it relates to the future...as in my fortune might lie in the future, as it does seem to be about wider horizons and unfolding circumstances/events- again maybe this is much more freeing than adding responsibilities and stresses of relocation...could it be more about the flexible and hanging future could be fortuitous to me, like even the place your in could be very different in the future, so it could count as expansion, particularly given that I have to balance responsibility with freedom-
This is emphasized by a Capricorn Moon(don't see myself as responsible so can't understand my moon that well, though I am serious about stuff) which rules the Ninth house, yet dwells in the 3rd of my local area.

Edit-re optimism, not right to say I can never find it, but I am not sure if I can find a way out of a certain trapped situation(too heavy to go into) a lot of the time. This again relates to unfolding circumstances(which I am counting on, eg politically, and think my fate is linked to), routines and paradigms and the world changing, so again I'm wondering if my Sag elements are a lot more to do with that and more philosophical and luck oriented than foreign settlement/language oriented.

I know sings are quite complex and take on different manifestations in different people, so just trying to hone my understanding of Sag and the Ninth in my case.

Appreciate anyone's interpretations, slightly confused over this.

Last edited:

Horus

Hi JJ,

Houses don't give traits, they are the WHERE of astrology. The Parts/Lots don't either, neither does the North Node, and none of these marker points or places confer energy -they just offer information.

The North Lunar Node indicates the new territory for the soul and where it can evolve. You need to develop positive Leo traits (like creativity) and apply them to the subjects of the 9th house.

The Sun rules the NN so this shows you where else and how else (in H3) the soul evolution can be fulfilled. H3/H9 are both education, communication and travel houses.

Cancer is the approach to the 9th which is generally "nurturing" those subjects, it can have a link to home and family perhaps, but the ruler (Moon) is also in the 3rd showing once again that the 9th objectives must be carried out in the 3rd.

The Part of Fortune (a marker point for worldly success) in Sag may also indicate that success is achieved through independence (1st) and in a Sagittarian manner which is predisposed naturally toward higher education, belief systems, travel, etc.

The ruler of the PoF is Jupiter showing that this can happen through socialization, maybe artistically or lawfully (Libra) in groups or through friends (11th), and/or through your goals (also 11th).

NN ruler and PoF ruler are trine -not an accident. Aqua is indirectly linked to the 11th anyway and is naturally predisposed to move on those subjects so it's a natural fit.

The catch is Saturn -he's the raincloud on your optimism until you begin fuflilling his karmic agenda and learn his lessons. Hard aspects between Saturn and Jupiter mean you have to work hard and with discipline for your fortune, to release Jupiterian energy.
"I think of learning a language it doesn't seem so consistent with Sagittarian expansiveness and freedom- reason being relocation to somewhere like France means learning one language, and then dealing with responsibilities there."
That's such a perfect Saturn-Jupiter dynamic isn't it? Saturn being the planet of responsibility and duty. And yes Sag and the 9th are about learning languages.

It's a boon that Saturn is also trine your Sun so that you can be realistic, grounded, structured, disciplined and work hard toward your goals -all positive facets of Saturn which he will definitely reward in time. Saturn rules your Cap Moon which is also naturally ambitious, driven and hard-working, but both strengths will only be realized toward the things you believe in and really want!

And the 11th is where your karma (Saturn is lord of karma) and main lessons and tests are, and if you meet them, you will succeed. Saturn's placement tells us where manifestation strength is possible.

So you are beholden to use the strength you were given as an Aquarius -to overcome any negative Aquarian traits or problems from the South Node, utilize the strength in numbers principle of harnessing the power of friends/groups and defining clear goals, and possibly doing something humanitarian. Or inventing something cool and useful, or innovating some new methodology, or writing and producing a scifi novel or show. :alien::smile: That's Leo too.

Saturn is currently transiting your 2nd house bringing tests and lessons and restrictions to finances and values, asking you to be realistic about them, and your dreams as his shadow is currently on your Neptune. It was doubtless challenging when he was in your 1st, and he will really bring a reality check to your Moon and Sun and SN when he hits the 3rd, so brace yourself, prepare and do the work, and the adversity will be lessened. Pluto is also nearing your Moon...transformation is coming.

Scorpio is all about transformation and deep healing work and one thing that must be addressed (especially to realize goals in the 3rd and 11th with Aqua and Libra modes) is the inner conflict of the Sun square ASC. Hypnotherapy and/or parts therapy can help reprogram that and get all of you on the same page.

I find that people (who know nothing of astrology and nodes) naturally move in that direction anyway, so take heart, you're on your way even if things are adverse right now. Take the case of Jennifer Jason Leigh -SEVEN planets in Aqua plus the SN -massive entrenchment in the past patterns- yet she became a famous actress which most certainly fulfilled her Leo North Node!

~H

Chillaxer

Hi JJ,

Houses don't give traits, they are the WHERE of astrology. The Parts/Lots don't either, neither does the North Node, and none of these marker points or places confer energy -they just offer information.

The North Lunar Node indicates the new territory for the soul and where it can evolve. You need to develop positive Leo traits (like creativity) and apply them to the subjects of the 9th house.

The Sun rules the NN so this shows you where else and how else (in H3) the soul evolution can be fulfilled. H3/H9 are both education, communication and travel houses.

Cancer is the approach to the 9th which is generally "nurturing" those subjects, it can have a link to home and family perhaps, but the ruler (Moon) is also in the 3rd showing once again that the 9th objectives must be carried out in the 3rd.

The Part of Fortune (a marker point for worldly success) in Sag may also indicate that success is achieved through independence (1st) and in a Sagittarian manner which is predisposed naturally toward higher education, belief systems, travel, etc.

The ruler of the PoF is Jupiter showing that this can happen through socialization, maybe artistically or lawfully (Libra) in groups or through friends (11th), and/or through your goals (also 11th).

NN ruler and PoF ruler are trine -not an accident. Aqua is indirectly linked to the 11th anyway and is naturally predisposed to move on those subjects so it's a natural fit.

The catch is Saturn -he's the raincloud on your optimism until you begin fuflilling his karmic agenda and learn his lessons. Hard aspects between Saturn and Jupiter mean you have to work hard and with discipline for your fortune, to release Jupiterian energy. That's such a perfect Saturn-Jupiter dynamic isn't it? Saturn being the planet of responsibility and duty. And yes Sag and the 9th are about learning languages.

It's a boon that Saturn is also trine your Sun so that you can be realistic, grounded, structured, disciplined and work hard toward your goals -all positive facets of Saturn which he will definitely reward in time. Saturn rules your Cap Moon which is also naturally ambitious, driven and hard-working, but both strengths will only be realized toward the things you believe in and really want!

And the 11th is where your karma (Saturn is lord of karma) and main lessons and tests are, and if you meet them, you will succeed. Saturn's placement tells us where manifestation strength is possible.

So you are beholden to use the strength you were given as an Aquarius -to overcome any negative Aquarian traits or problems from the South Node, utilize the strength in numbers principle of harnessing the power of friends/groups and defining clear goals, and possibly doing something humanitarian. Or inventing something cool and useful, or innovating some new methodology, or writing and producing a scifi novel or show. :alien::smile: That's Leo too.

Saturn is currently transiting your 2nd house bringing tests and lessons and restrictions to finances and values, asking you to be realistic about them, and your dreams as his shadow is currently on your Neptune. It was doubtless challenging when he was in your 1st, and he will really bring a reality check to your Moon and Sun and SN when he hits the 3rd, so brace yourself, prepare and do the work, and the adversity will be lessened. Pluto is also nearing your Moon...transformation is coming.

Scorpio is all about transformation and deep healing work and one thing that must be addressed (especially to realize goals in the 3rd and 11th with Aqua and Libra modes) is the inner conflict of the Sun square ASC. Hypnotherapy and/or parts therapy can help reprogram that and get all of you on the same page.

I find that people (who know nothing of astrology and nodes) naturally move in that direction anyway, so take heart, you're on your way even if things are adverse right now. Take the case of Jennifer Jason Leigh -SEVEN planets in Aqua plus the SN -massive entrenchment in the past patterns- yet she became a famous actress which most certainly fulfilled her Leo North Node!

~H

Ok, this is very interesting. Don't have time now but have a good few further points to ask you about, and will do.

Oh and every else's interpretations will be appreciated.

Thanks.

waybread

I wouldn't see you as having a strong 9th chord personality. Moreover, the 9th house does not inherently give optimism. It rules things that broaden our mental horizons, like overseas travel and higher education, but these are not particularly about having a happy-go-lucky attitude towards life.

I would see you as emotionally intense, with Scorpio rising and moon square Pluto; and as Saturnian, with moon-Venus in Capricorn and sun-Mars in Aquarius. (Saturn is the traditional ruler of Aquarius.) Jupiter is more the planet concerned with optimism, and it's conjunct Saturn. Saturn can squelch your desire to be optimistic.

Your OP is actually a decent description of how I would read your chart.

This may not seem like a heap of fun, but Saturn is well-aspected in your chart, and in the 11th house of friends as well as hopes and wishes for the future. Saturn always asks us to be frugal, defer self-gratification, and hard-working; but there are pleasures to be obtained from them. Saturn tends to reward his pupils later in life, as he rules maturity and old age. See if Jupiter can sweeten up the old boy at bit.

Last edited:

theV

Scorpio Ascendant describes a personality with issues of control, dominance and intensity. And add to that you have Pluto in the 12th house and Mars in the 4th house which might describes a childhood in which you felt you were powerless or dominated or growing up in an environment where power struggles took place and you couldn't control them. A dominating family environment and the demons you picked up from your childhood makes you unhappy.

Chillaxer

I wouldn't see you as having a strong 9th chord personality. Moreover, the 9th house does not inherently give optimism. It rules things that broaden our mental horizons, like overseas travel and higher education, but these are not particularly about having a happy-go-lucky attitude towards life.

I would see you as emotionally intense, with Scorpio rising and moon square Pluto; and as Saturnian, with moon-Venus in Capricorn and sun-Mars in Aquarius. (Saturn is the traditional ruler of Aquarius.) Jupiter is more the planet concerned with optimism, and it's conjunct Saturn. Saturn can squelch your desire to be optimistic.

Your OP is actually a decent description of how I would read your chart.

This may not seem like a heap of fun, but Saturn is well-aspected in your chart, and in the 11th house of friends as well as hopes and wishes for the future. Saturn always asks us to be frugal, defer self-gratification, and hard-working; but there are pleasures to be obtained from them. Saturn tends to reward his pupils later in life, as he rules maturity and old age. See if Jupiter can sweeten up the old boy at bit.

I know the 9th has no planets, the 3rd and 11th are strong in this sense. I agree the ninth isn't strong in this way and the third is.
I've studied quite a lot of charts with strong 9th's, so I see the difference there. With that said, I do regard the node as very important factor, in terms of destiny. So in that sense their seems to be a group/individual dynamic, with strong group tendencies in me, playing out across the 3rd/9th axis(what I have seen called left/right brain, or instinct/intuition axis) is interpreting this along with the stellium around the south node that interests me. A good example of something like the reverse pattern is Lanc Armstrong- he has the South Node in Leo in the 9th, with more planets around it, in the 10th and then the North Node in the 3rd in Aqua. This could provide comparative insight. It's not that my traits are ninth house, but that the Node there is important and how the stellium opposite plays out in terms of manifesting it best, or not as the case may be.

I didn't means much happiness as faith through adversity, meaning etc. The main thing is not really happiness but whether I will get freedom- I have broken free of constraints after a long period before and wondering if I can do it again , as it seems to be cyclical.

I am very Saturnian and have noticed that Saturn transits are almost not as described for me, they seem really positive so maybe I am so used to being Saturnian that they feel like positive opportunities... The one hard one was Saturn opposite Uranus(Could be being Aqua) with Neptune in my third.

Saturn does fit well in the 11th, sextiling the node and the P.O.F, as I really feel very dependent upon the future and political outcomes, in terms of personal destiny it's near inextricable and have always felt the societal and political personally, and that has just intensified over my life via entanglements I have gotten into.

I know as the guy said, the Ninth is not traits, but the POF is important in my view and it is in Sag, so maybe it's about trying to see light at the end of the tunnel and about a long struggle to be freeer, that might go with sextiling Saturn and trining the Node, and also Jupiter ruling it being conjunct Saturn.

I guess the Aqua/Leo thing is traits, and I feel it's maybe about about maybe being thrust into the spotlight against my instinct, and developing like that or momentarily individualistic for a collective or political purpose-especially with both signs in the ninth having rulers back in the third.

Armstrong went from Thinking he was a bit of a god, excess pride and ego, philosophy or morality, with the 9th, of a king type of thing, to humanitarianism in the community, Aqua 3rd.

So it seems with my stellium where it is it might be some sort of reverse analogy of that type of dynamic.

Chillaxer

Scorpio Ascendant describes a personality with issues of control, dominance and intensity. And add to that you have Pluto in the 12th house and Mars in the 4th house which might describes a childhood in which you felt you were powerless or dominated or growing up in an environment where power struggles took place and you couldn't control them. A dominating family environment and the demons you picked up from your childhood makes you unhappy.

Really interesting you say this, it's pretty accurate although I see Mars at the end of the 3rd and Pluto at the end of the 11th.

It's clever you picked that up as it is very accurate and there has been knock on effects from control in the family, although not a type that was ever overtly domineering.

Chillaxer

Hi JJ,

The catch is Saturn -he's the raincloud on your optimism until you begin fuflilling his karmic agenda and learn his lessons. Hard aspects between Saturn and Jupiter mean you have to work hard and with discipline for your fortune, to release Jupiterian energy. That's such a perfect Saturn-Jupiter dynamic isn't it? Saturn being the planet of responsibility and duty. And yes Sag and the 9th are about learning languages.

~H

Yeah, I feel Saturn transits are pretty positive for me, and the outer planets all getting out of that third house over the IC has been big- still got Pluto to go.

I sense this with Pluto moon and have been waiting a long time for transformation, even though a lot has happened already.

That's interesting, I should look at that actresses story, as it's like me multiplied.

I suppose what else I wanted to talk about with the 3rd and 9th is that the 3rd can be a 'locale' surely, and the 'lower mind', so I don't have to stay in my area, maybe it's just about finding another one where I can be rooted, that also gives me the 9th flow of different cultures...like another cosmopolitan city...?

The confusion I have over languages fits well with the chart- If I focus I have a real aptitude, and really get into the feel of it and enjoy it but am reluctant to get into it.. Then I go back to detachment and thinking things out from abstract, and deciding against them- this seems to fit really well with what I read about these nodes-

I lose myself and play with a language (Leo 9th) or even find a place(Cancer), living in the moment.

Then I go back to the generalist, wider time perspective(Aqua/Cap) and too much detachment/logic(3rd house)- and lack clear direction again.

You could also see this is conservatism(Capricorn in the third), a subconscious nationalist attachment as regards foreign cultures(Cancer 9th) I guess.

The main issue I have with a language is that I can experience that aptitude, when I start learning French, and I can even see Paris as a dream place to live.

But then when I think of adding the complications of another language, which detracts from me dealing with higher concepts in one, and when I think of Sag and the 9th being about the wider perspective and different cultures, and when I think of the practicalities of French relocation, it seems that all I'd end up doing is contracting my horizons, via responsibilities, integration, another language that detracts from my freedom, and having no more flow of foreign cultures or philosophies or religions, than I do here.

So in that sense it would contradict the broadening, freedom loving nature of Sagittarius.

On the other hand I think is this third house logic and Aquarian detachment taking me away from the personal involvement and intuition of Leo ninth.

I certainly think that while I explore foreign cultures here, it is Aquarian and detached- even if I was more limited to exploring French monoculture in France, I feel I might be more personally involved.

So it's hard to figure- I do have that strong 3rd 9th connection so it's about integrating them, maybe by working in France or something.

I thought about the 9th rulers being in the 3rd but it doesn't necessarily have to mean you must stay in your local area surely, because I can't think of many houses for the 9th ruler that would tell you go abroad, besides the 9th.

Actually with the 9th ruler in the 9th it would seem to just imply continual travel. Maybe with them in the third the perfect idea would be one city, cosmopolitan, like Paris, that was still s different world, but choosing that one place to settle and familiarize yourself with, have so many local connections(3rd) but balanced out with the complete unfamiliarity and widening of the ninth.

So it's a question of that, or whether it's philosophy, astrology, spirituality etc, or whether it's all of those things I incorporate....

In terms of 9th house areas, it certainly seems like Paris, for example or travel, is the one more likely to take me away from the Aquarian 3rd house South node traits. Not that philosophy and higher learning, astrology etc don't feel like expansion in themselves, but that they still allow me to go back down into those Aqua 3rd house SN traits more, whereas the travel thing in unfamiliar places I love definitely seems to ward of this detachment and make me more inspired and live for the moment, and creative(Leo)-
So maybe it's the kick up the **** I need and my South Node rationalizes me out of it, and all the planets down there.

I get the bound up in more present, personal goals feeling with the language, and I also see Leo as fixed Fire so maybe it's about seeing that through and not getting all detached and being an observer stuck where I am.

Last edited:

waybread

Saturn is a positive planet for people who learn his life lessons.

I wouldn't compare most people to Lance Armstrong-- a man who lied about his drug use and was an internationally famous bicycle racer. Anecdotes can only take us so far

You do have a strong, good-lookin' 3rd house.

To me, the NN is where our growth lies. I don't believe in destiny in any fatalistic sense. The NN takes us out of our comfort zone, and we can choose to pursue it or not.

Chillaxer

so brace yourself, prepare and do the work, and the adversity will be lessened. Pluto is also nearing your Moon...transformation is coming.

~H

I wanted to ask a bit more about this too, as I say I note the power of outer planet transits, but I'm interested in moon on the cusp of the third house, in Capricorn, and how Pluto transiting these houses and this planet combined may manifest.