Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Please post a chart of the time, date, and place you asked the question. Please do not ask the same question repeatedly, hoping for a different result: horary works best when you ask the question ONCE and then interpret the chart that results from when the question FIRST came into your mind. Horary forums are ONLY for discussion of horary charts and techniques.

Unread 05-07-2021, 01:42 PM

Will I Pass my Exam?

Hello all!

I'm currently studying for a law exam. I expect to use the law qualification in compliance-related areas, probably government, as opposed to practicing law. It's currently planned for May 16th. I feel good about it, I've studied very hard. But I'll only really know on the day.

In the chart I see:

Sagittarius ascendant; Jupiter Lord of the 1st.

9th ruler: Venus

Before further consideration: late ascendant. The matter is pretty decided. In which direction?

Another factor: Saturn in the 1st house of Aquarius. No judgement or co-querent?

Jupiter is in the second house of Aquarius, peregrine. I hope that reflects my current situation, which I think it does, after being made redundant during lockdown, rather than my level of knowledge.

Venus is in the fourth house of Taurus. Venus is domiciled here so has strength. In terms of an exam, I wonder does that mean it's a reputable or valuable qualification and provider maybe. Venus is currently applying closely to square Jupiter. It is the second closest aspect in question, the Moon has something to say.

Moon in the 2nd of Pisces, peregrine also, applying to sextile Venus in Taurus. Moon receives Venus at the sign of her exaltation, Venus receives the Moon in the sign of it's exaltation. After the Moon's aspect, Venus immediately squares me, Jupiter.

I'm hesitant to say it's a yes, because that's what the heart wants. I might be missing negative details!

What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: png Starfall Exam.png (114.6 KB, 25 views)

Unread 05-08-2021, 04:07 AM

Re: Will I Pass my Exam?

Traditionally a late degree rising is a consideration against judgement. It suggests that you already know the answer to the question or for some reason the question really isn't in a state of play.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 05-08-2021, 04:38 AM

That's a very very very late degree!

I think it's past the point of being able to be judged.

Good Luck though....if you've done the studying and the work, I'm sure it will work out fine.

BB
Unread 05-08-2021, 06:58 PM

This looks like a favorable chart. You are Jup and Moon, the exam is Venus.

Venus applies to aspect Jup by square. You will pass but it won't be easy; you know that already based on the late rising point.
Moon also applies to Venus by sextile along with the reception you describe, which shows great opportunity for your success.
Moon then translates light between you/Jup and the exam/Venus.
I'm banking on your passing the test.
Good luck!

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Unread 05-09-2021, 07:55 PM

Thanks kindly everyone for your responses. With horary, both with myself and others, I've noticed that the heart can conveniently ignore negative details, so I don't entirely trust myself with these types of charts, best to field them out!

To be honest, the late ascendant confused me. In questions like: Should I do this course? Should I accept this job offer? Should I get back with my ex?, then I could understand the possibility that you're actually resolved, you just don't know it. But in the case of an exam that has yet to happen? I don't know!

Yes the failure rate is high with this one. Pressures: you bet: difficulty with 'rote book learning', government pandemic support about to end so need to return to the market with a fresh qualification, a long time since last major exam.

Is there a confession or something 'to know'? Well, exam provider advises a minimum of 30 hours of study. Every student/3rd party tells me it's 60+ realistically. I've studied at least 250 hours now. I made it my mission to over-study. I did very well in an official practice test with the exam provider last week.

I will report back with the result!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starfall For This Useful Post:
IleneK (05-09-2021), waybread (05-10-2021)
Unread 05-15-2021, 04:39 PM

Sadly I did not pass.

I decided to take it one day early, today.

I got about two-thirds correct in each of 3 sections, so there were no obvious area deficiencies. I was about 5-6 questions off passing.

I genuinely think I got the principles and general knowledge mostly nailed down. The amount of ways the exam tries to trick you and how complicated the questions are really did the damage. That's my update anyway.
Unread 05-15-2021, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
Sadly I did not pass.

I decided to take it one day early, today.

I got about two-thirds correct in each of 3 sections, so there were no obvious area deficiencies. I was about 5-6 questions off passing.

I genuinely think I got the principles and general knowledge mostly nailed down. The amount of ways the exam tries to trick you and how complicated the questions are really did the damage. That's my update anyway.

I am very sorry you did not pass. It is interesting that you did very well on an official practice exam with the exam provider yet did not pass the actual.

What do you see as the different between them?

How soon are you permitted to retake the exam?

I bet you will do much better the next time.

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012

Tags
exam, pass