how do you delete a post

Arian Maverick

After some trial and error, I figured it out:

1. Go to the post you wish to delete.
2. Click Edit
3. Click Delete button.
4. Under Deletion Options, click the circle next to Delete Message.
5. Click the button that says Delete this Message.

Arian Maverick

wowreally

thx arian.
are you sure that's not for deleting 'comments' you made??
when i try to delete a comment, your instructions make sense..
but i don't get those options when i try deleting a post..

thx anyway though...i guess i can just edit the content out

Arian Maverick

We may be utilizing different vocabulary here. I refer to an individual comment as a "post," so I assumed you wished to delete one comment--not an entire thread.

I'll experiment around again, but I believe only moderators have the ability to delete an entire thread. You can send a request to a moderator through personal message, but they often do not like to delete threads in which others have responded because occasionally it upsets these people.

Arian Maverick

wowreally

lol, i feel like such a burden, don't worry about it.
i tried a couple of times. 99.9 percent you are right about only moderators being able to do it.

thx anyway though

Arian Maverick

lol, i feel like such a burden, don't worry about it.

Don't worry about being a burden! I believe each of us has a role in the community, and mine is answering these types of forum question. It makes me feel useful.

i tried a couple of times. 99.9 percent you are right about only moderators being able to do it.

I was a moderator several years ago, so I used to have this capability. (It was under "Thread Tools," if I remember correctly.) Like I mentioned earlier, you can send a quick personal to one of the moderators--flea, Neptune Rising, or wilsontc--explaining your reasons for wishing to delete a thread. They're friendly people; I'm sure they'd help!

If you have any other questions, you can browse through the archives in Help with the forums and suggestions. There are several tutorials there for basic forum procedures, such as creating and uploading a natal/horary chart.

Arian Maverick