22 Degree Scorpio Rising...am I really doomed?!

meliapreston

Hello!
I've had a birth chart reading done before, however nothing was mentioned about the degree of my ascendant & all of the info I'm reading about 22 degrees for fixed signs is pretty frightening to say the least! "Kill or be killed" and birth charts of serial killers keep cropping up... :unsure: I would say this type of energy perhaps manifests through my health & autoimmunity issues as the ascendant/mars rules the body...? I'm a type 1 diabetic and often have to "save" myself from low blood glucose levels, and my birth was relatively traumatic for my Mum with a prolonged labor (a close family relative also died two weeks after I was born). I'd be interested to hear other interpretations about this critical degree in my chart other than the largely negative things I've read so far, also any insight into Black Moon Lilith being conjunct my North Node would also be greatly appreciated as I'm quite new to asteroids!
Thanks!! :biggrin:
P.S. I like to use Chiron as the ruler for my Virgo placements as I relate more strongly to the healing component of the archetype versus the more rational/Mercurial rulership! :wink:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_amelia_preston.77382.38288.jpg
    astro_2gw_amelia_preston.77382.38288.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 46

waybread

I wouldn't pay much attention to the hoo-ha about 22 degrees of a fixed sign turning someone into a serial killer or murder victim. Millions of people will have a planet or chart angle at 22 Scorpio without criminal impulses.

Venus rules sugar and Saturn often indicates our big life problems. With Saturn exactly opposite Venus, it may well indicate your diabetes.

I also wouldn't define Mercury so narrowly. Mercury rules many different things, such as the hands, walking, and short-distance travel. Virgo is an earth sign, so its orientation tends to be more applied, material, or practical. Gemini is an air sign, so Mercury in Gemini is apt to be the intellectual. With Mercury conjunct your sun, you may identify with your intelligence or some other Mercurial trait.

Chiron is not the ruler of Virgo, but it sextiles Mercury in your chart, so you have a connection. Note that Chiron also shows us "where it hurts," whether physically, emotionally, or spiritually. In staying open to Chiron's wounds, we can gain in wisdom and compassion, but they never completely heal.

If you are drawn to healing, think about using your hands for this purpose.

Ideally your chart gives you lots of "aha!" moments; and the more you study astrology and your horoscope, the more it feels like the real you. Sometimes novices have very limiting, incomplete understandings of planets, signs, and houses, and draw unnecessarily negative conclusions from their limited knowledge base.

It looks to me like the most difficult part of your chart is sun square Pluto. People with this aspect were often bullied as children (whether by other kids, a parent, teacher, or other trusted adult.) They grow up not expecting the universe to support them, and tend to see relationships through a "dominate or be dominated" calculus. So this should be a good area for healing.

With your moon trine Neptune, you probably have a rich inner life and vivid imagination. (And dreams?)

Asteroids can be great fun, but I'd recommend gaining some mastery over the planets before moving onto asteroids.

Zora

Account Closed
I've had a birth chart reading done before, however nothing was mentioned about the degree of my ascendant & all of the info I'm reading about 22 degrees for fixed signs is pretty frightening to say the least! "Kill or be killed" and birth charts of serial killers keep cropping up... :unsure:

Hello Melia,

if this would be true - then you would be the one (having this AC-degree) to tell us more here about the real truth. And if you already "have killed" somebody or have the continous attention to do so (?) You yourself are obiously still alive and able to write here.

I would say this type of energy perhaps manifests through my health & autoimmunity issues as the ascendant/mars rules the body...? I'm a type 1 diabetic and often have to "save" myself from low blood glucose levels, and my birth was relatively traumatic for my Mum with a prolonged labor (a close family relative also died two weeks after I was born)

Your own birth is definitely not as easy shown in your chart with sun in 9th house in one and a half square (the interruption energy aspect) with your neptune as ruler of your 4th house - also mother. And moon in one and a half square with jupiter in 3rd house and in half square with mars. Have you been taller and of more weight as other children at point of your birth ?

Mercury as ruler of your MC and genetic inheritance (8th house) is in inconjunct with uranus in 3rd house - often showing a physical appearance of non-conventional standard - taller than others or the contrary. Mars as ruler of 5th house life energy squares jupiter in 3rd house - what can show some more physical weight on.

But your mother was longing for you with your neptune ruling 4th house mother in zero degree trine with your moon as co-ruler of 8th house - leaving descendants - and welcomed your arrival here. This is a good basement for your whole life - you can find back to - your whole life long.

Could it be - that your father during pregnancy of your mother once had the wish - or more preferred to have a boy child, than a little daughter ? Mars as ruler of 5th house - also father- squares jupiter as ruler of 2nd house- a physical body house. Saturn as 2nd ruler and coruler of 2nd house is in 5th house - father- and opposes venus in 11th house.

What you might have taken over - but could not sort out in a right way as a tiny little baby that time in body unity with your mother during her preganancy with you and subconsciously stored it.

But what perhaps afterwards resulted after birth and growing up into a subconscious feeling that something "is kinda wrong with your body" ? And that you better don't show yourself much as female but more neutral (aquarius in 3rd house together with uranus) ?

Your venus -opposed by saturn- rules also your health house.(6th) and taurus rules body metabolism. With saturn as co-ruler of 2nd opposing venus as health ruler - it looks like your own body is fighting against your own health due to a certain reason and some thoughts taken over with saturn in one and a half square with your mercury as ruler of 8th house - but what might not be yours. Mercury squares your pluto as AC ruler - there might have been some certain dogmata, beliefs of your own family and bloodline ancestors influencing you as well - you intuitively noticed - with your highsensitive moon/neptune trine.

You right now have an exact square from transiting saturn on your natal aries saturn in 5th house to support you to find out some more facts now about yourself, your life energy and perhaps about your father as well. And perhaps also more about your own birth - as transiting pluto as your AC ruler sextiles your AC now for a transformation of own difficult birth situation. While transiting uranus still holds on trining your mercury as your 8th house ruler and MC ruler to support you with self-liberation energy and a change in your lifepath.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1 astro_2gw_amelia_p_hp.46540.7788.png
    1 astro_2gw_amelia_p_hp.46540.7788.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:

Zora

Account Closed
I'd be interested to hear other interpretations about this critical degree in my chart other than the largely negative things I've read so far, also any insight into Black Moon Lilith being conjunct my North Node would also be greatly appreciated as I'm quite new to asteroids!

P.S. I like to use Chiron as the ruler for my Virgo placements as I relate more strongly to the healing component of the archetype versus the more rational/Mercurial rulership! :wink:

Your chiron on sensitive zero degree scorpio in 11th house is in fact a special one. Between two signs - libra and scorpio - between two worlds - a mediator skill and gift you are borne with - to perceive the invisible world as well effective working and effecting people as the visible world does. And is a skill to be in contact with people's issues outside in society as well. But sometimes also kinda endangered to get overwhelmed by outer influence - not always easy to find out what is yours and what is not.

A zero degree placement always gets in vibe every time a planet enters on zero degree. (What just happened with transiting jupiter entering zero degree capricorn sextiling your chiron - what you might have been also able to feel physically - as jupiter rules your physical body house 2nd).

With chiron in 11th house - squaring your strong placed aquarius-uranus in your 3rd house (your personal manner to perceive information and to communicate ) your perception capability is of more wide range to get aware about things -even kinda with a previson about things coming in the near future - coming in like a flashlightning-input.

Transiting chiron is in your 4th house now - and just went out of orb of inconjuncting your chiron in 11th house to wake up this skill and (self) healing potential, you are born with.

Zora

Account Closed
I'm a type 1 diabetic and often have to "save" myself from low blood glucose levels, :wink:

A translation for Diabetes on another level is the meaning "not being able to take and to accept the sweetness of life" - what fits with your saturn in 5th house in aries (life energy and the ease of being) opposing your venus. You have to fight for it -to feel yourself entitled to be alive- saturn co-rules 2nd house- and you feel to fight hard for it "to earn it".

If not - you have a tendency to easily attract or "to subconsiously order" immediately selfpunishment - with mercury square mars and inconjunct uranus - like coming out of the blue.

Your own thoughts are doubled strong energized -and have an immense influence on your own health. Mercury rules your 8th house and is of mercury/pluto energy correspondence, doubled by square pluto -acting against yourself to get you scared by looking on the worsest first.

But be aware that your thoughts can easily get and result into a self-fullfiling prophecy - attracting what you before intensely thought about and you have yourself focussed on.

Kite

First of all the Scorpio critical degree is between 21 and 22. You are past 22 so no worries about that. There is no orb consideration. When I view your chart from whole sign perspective - Venus and Saturn are on the 12th house 6th house access so there is your type 1 diabetes. Mars on the ascendant could be acting as an inflammation actor aggravating auto-immune issues as they are related. Chiron in Scorpio is participating in this first house configuration so can act as the wounded or the healer. Black Moon Lilith with the Sun, NN and M/C in Virgo could also be guiding you towards a Virgoan career - that is your own and apart from a traditional path (Lilith influence). Maybe a feminist vibe there. It's hard to see because Virgo's ruler Mercury is combust with the Sun also up in Virgo. Since Mercury also rules the 8th, this could also account for your fears around the death topic. Squaring Pluto doesn't help. But since Mercury is a mental planet - you can focus your mind on less fearful matters and also come to terms with your fears and this should relieve some of your other health matters.