Geminis, how much do you want to communicate?

Gemini888

What's your favorite astrological topic?
I'm interested in a lot of things, mostly natal chart related (I'm a Gemini after all :D) It's hard for me to pick up one topic that I like more. Just throw in an interesting topic enough and I can jump in.

Also recently I'm interested in how shallow sun sign horoscope can distort people's identity. I have a friend who like that kind of "astrology". She's a Gemini and according to what she read, Gemini is supposed to be shallow, multi-talented, childlike and like to stay away from commitment. She believes all of this and try to mold her personality into that very stereotype. But I manage to obtain her approximate birth data and she is much less of a Gemini than she thinks, as her birth chart has a splash-like pattern. She seems to be more influenced by Cancer, with Cancer Mercury close to Cancer MC. She also has 8H Sun, the total opposite of shallow commitment. And she unconsciously acts like a Cancer, with her devotion to her family and cooking, and her rather superstitious attitude.

Well what a mouthful here :D But could it be a good topic?

Last edited:

Gemini888

Here's a question for Gem Suns (the true jewels of the zodiac:wink:)--would you say you prefer traditional to modern, or vice versa?
I prefer modern. Traditional relies too much on fate. Traditional believes that if you have this particular placement you are doom for the rest of your life. It's too rigid and doesn't take into account free will.

david starling

I'm interested in a lot of things, mostly natal chart related (I'm a Gemini after all :D) It's hard for me to pick up one topic that I like more. Just throw in an interesting topic enough and I can jump in.

Also recently I'm interested in how shallow sun sign horoscope can distort people's identity. I have a friend who like that kind of "astrology". She's a Gemini and according to what she read, Gemini is supposed to be shallow, multi-talented, childlike and like to stay away from commitment. She believes all of this and try to mold her personality into that very stereotype. But I manage to obtain her approximate birth data and she is much less of a Gemini than she thinks, as her birth chart has a splash-like pattern. She seems to be more influenced by Cancer, with Cancer Mercury close to Cancer MC. She also has 8H Sun, the total opposite of shallow commitment. And she unconsciously acts like a Cancer, with her devotion to her family and cooking, and her rather superstitious attitude.

Well what a mouthful here :D But could it be a good topic?

I think of the Sun's influence in the natal-chart as being about how you prefer to function, rather than what you're really about.

Gemini888

That makes sense, considering that the Sun is often described as the "individuality". So if the Sun is who we want to be, then what indicates who we are?

david starling

Here's an analogy I like--Saturn is the "check-engine" warning on your dashboard. It won't tell you HOW to fix the problem, just what needs fixing.

david starling

Moon conjuncts Asc in Aries with 1 deg orb. Moon is in 12H but the orb is so tight it may as well be in 1H. I believe Aries Moon gives me more impulse to talk. I have my feeling hurt from time to time but that doesn't stop my impulse :biggrin:. I wonder if other Geminis experiences the same thing.

Very nice combination [IMO]. I see it as as both catalytic and facilitating. Perfect for teaching. Obvious question: What about your Mars?

Last edited:

Gemini888

Very nice combination [IMO]. I see it as as both catalytic and facilitating. Perfect for teaching. Obvious question: What about your Mars?
0 deg Virgo, and in 5H. It's a strange combination. I said it before in another thread, it's a struggle between wanting to be the center of attention and wanting to be humble. I also get pleasure from helping people. When it comes to helping, I'm more on the practical side, giving advice rather than comfort.

My Mars also trines Moon. I can sometimes be really sharp with words without knowing it. Some people are intimidated by how I talk, as if I'm about to pick up a fight, while I'm completely being normal.

Could you explain to me how you think my Moon can be good for teaching? I'm a teacher btw :D

Witchyone

How much do you have in your head that you can't wait to speak out (or write out)?

Before I joined this site, I had been a lurker for quite some time. I saw interesting threads and I wanted to comment real bad. When I have to hold back from talking, I feel the tension inside me and it either goes away or builds up and makes me miserable.

What's your experience?

Every time I've joined a forum it was because I was lurking and read something that I wanted to address so badly I couldn't not. Sometimes my desire to write or speak a thought is completely overwhelming.

But I go through moods, and in some moods, I am nearly mute.

david starling

0 deg Virgo, and in 5H. It's a strange combination. I said it before in another thread, it's a struggle between wanting to be the center of attention and wanting to be humble. I also get pleasure from helping people. When it comes to helping, I'm more on the practical side, giving advice rather than comfort.

My Mars also trines Moon. I can sometimes be really sharp with words without knowing it. Some people are intimidated by how I talk, as if I'm about to pick up a fight, while I'm completely being normal.

Could you explain to me how you think my Moon can be good for teaching? I'm a teacher btw :D

The combination of Moon in Aries, which makes it easy for you to help others in a useful way (facilitate); Asc. in Aries, which gives the (catalytic) ability to inspire others to improve themselves; and, the caring compatibility of the Moon on the Asc. (in any sign)--all these together are excellent for teaching.

Gemini888

Every time I've joined a forum it was because I was lurking and read something that I wanted to address so badly I couldn't not. Sometimes my desire to write or speak a thought is completely overwhelming.

But I go through moods, and in some moods, I am nearly mute.
May I ask what your moon sign is?

Gemini888

So now I know two Pisces people :)

How do the Moon affect your Gemini trait? I have Aries Moon and I can get bored real fast. It seems that Aries amplifies everything Gemini has, except that it isn't as detached as Gemini. And it looks like Pisces Moon doesn't like to share personal stuff, am I right?

Witchyone

So now I know two Pisces people :)

How do the Moon affect your Gemini trait? I have Aries Moon and I can get bored real fast. It seems that Aries amplifies everything Gemini has, except that it isn't as detached as Gemini. And it looks like Pisces Moon doesn't like to share personal stuff, am I right?

Maybe I have infinite personalities instead of just the standard two? :whistling: Some of those personalities do, in fact, like to share personal things, and others do not. I don't mean literal personalities, like Multiple Personality Disorder. I am always painfully aware of what I did when I felt like someone else. :pinched:

The mutable suns seem to embody our moons more than the other suns, in my opinion, so it doesn't surprise me at all that you have a lot Aries qualities.

Darkgirl

Banned
im a gemini with huge scorpio influence.

So in my head there is so much, i´m thinking everytime.

But i speak not so much, maybe it´s because saturn is the ruler of my 3rd house and he is also in the 3rd house.. i think a lot of but dont speak out everything. I like writing more than speaking and this could be due to mercury is in 7 th house (ruled by venus) and venus is in 8th house (ruled by mercury). So they are in a mutual reception and also in a half sextil.

Last edited:

Gemini888

The combination of Moon in Aries, which makes it easy for you to help others in a useful way (facilitate); Asc. in Aries, which gives the (catalytic) ability to inspire others to improve themselves; and, the caring compatibility of the Moon on the Asc. (in any sign)--all these together are excellent for teaching.
That's interesting. I always thought of Aries as being selfish and me-centered. It didn't occur to me that Aries can be caring in its own way.

david starling

That's interesting. I always thought of Aries as being selfish and me-centered. It didn't occur to me that Aries can be caring in its own way.

The Moon on the Ascendant is naturally caring, in any Sign. Sun in Aries is a Sense of Purpose placement, on a mission of its own. Moon in Aries is the helpful Aries placement.

Last edited:

Gemini888

Geminis, do you often use words that are associated with cerebral activity? I notice that I use the word "think" a lot.