Dylann Roof and the Charleston Murders

unique_astrology

A speculative birth chart and a progressed lunar return for Dylann Roof located in Charleston, SC.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/18/dylann-roof-was-planning-attack_n_7616638.html

"Many of Roof's family members have repeatedly declined to comment on the 21-year-old suspect, but his friends, previous police reports and his uncle have painted a picture of a shut-in with no job and plenty of anger.

His uncle, Carson Cowles, recalled telling his sister, the suspect's mother, several years ago that he thought Roof was too introverted, and described his nephew as "quiet, soft-spoken boy."

"I said he was like 19 years old, he still didn't have a job, a driver's license or anything like that and he just stayed in his room a lot of the time," Cowles said in a telephone interview with Reuters."

Regarding above quotes:

Introverted. All planets except Venus in lower half of chart.
Quiet, soft-spoken. MC in Columbia 120°19'. West Point 30°19'. Natal Venus 30°42', square MC.
Plenty of anger. Natal Mercury conjunct natal Mars. Nadir 294°43'. Natal Neptune 294°57'. Natal Mars-Pluto midpoint 295°44'. Neptune on Mars-Pluto midpoint may also indicate psychological abnormalities.

Difference in chart angles: About 1 degree less on MC and ASC in Columbia.

Attachments

• a-Shooter Relocated Natal.gif
    a-Shooter Relocated Natal.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 91
  • b-PDAL PN Shooting.gif
    b-PDAL PN Shooting.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 57
  • c-PDAL PN Capture.gif
    c-PDAL PN Capture.gif
    24.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

unique_astrology

Locating my speculative chart and the Sibly chart to Dylann's place of birth I find Sibly Pluto exactly conjunct the natal IC. Speculum attached.

Switching the charts so the Sibly chart is on the inside I find Roof's natal Saturn in an exact square to the Sibly ASC. Speculum attached.

Presenting a Tropical representation of a mundane chart (a Caplunar, based on the entry of the Moon into Sidereal Capricorn) progressed to the shooting has Roof's natal Mars-Pluto and Moon-Neptune midpoints exactly on the chart's Zenith. Chart attached.

Attachments

• Roof N with Sib.gif
    Roof N with Sib.gif
    15 KB · Views: 49
  • Sib with Roof Natal.gif
    Sib with Roof Natal.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 48
  • d-PCPLNR Shooter.gif
    d-PCPLNR Shooter.gif
    28.3 KB · Views: 53

craft94

What evidence do you have for him being a Libra rising? His birth time isn't listed anywhere I can find.

He's an Aries sun, and Aries is a sign associated with anger and aggressiveness. Of course, this is only the 'darker' side of Aries, but Dylan Roof is an extreme example of what that dark side is. Disclaimer: I see the chart, along with the situations we're born into, as like the canvas, with our life events and our own choices (which of course shape each other) as the paint. Our stars do not control us. Your chart can't make you a killer. The only thing responsible for Dylann Roof's actions is Dylann Roof, and I don't buy this whole 'mental illness' excuse either. It only ever seems to be applied to white men.

The Mercury-Mars conjunction further points out these aggressive qualities. He was probably an aggressive communicator and easily angered. The fact that these planets are placed in the sign of Pisces, however, suggests someone with a more introverted personality, at least on the surface.

The moon conjunction with Neptune furthers these daydreamy, introverted qualities associated with the sign of Pisces. The moon in the sign of Capricorn suggests someone very concerned with status. He was probably a control freak. It's amazing how many mass murderers have this placement, because it's not a sign you would expect like "angry Aries" or "evil Scorpio". Elliot Rodger and Adolf Hitler both had it. Control freak-ism is the dark sign of Capricorn. The conjunction to Neptune shows someone who is given to flights of fantasy, delusions even, and the conjunction to Uranus shows someone who is given to sudden, disruptive emotional outbursts.

With Jupiter in Scorpio, we have a person who likes to dig deep, get down to the truth. As we can see from Dylann Roof's racist manifesto, he has a warped idea of what "the truth" actually is, but nevertheless, it's clear he feels he "knows" things that everyone else is too scared to admit. You can see this with his Aries Sun too: he sees himself as some sort of fighter, a fighter with a cause. A warped cause. Jupiter is in retrograde too, which may add to this.

The mixture of Aries, Capricorn, Taurus and Scorpio could indicate a very black and white thinker. Again, even though it's placed in the sign of Pisces, the mercury (planet of thought) conjunction with mars suggests this too. It suggests an element of impulsivity, someone who just wants to get things over with. He is likely a decisive person who likes to take action.

Last edited:

graay ghost

The moon in the sign of Capricorn suggests someone very concerned with status. He was probably a control freak. It's amazing how many mass murderers have this placement, because it's not a sign you would expect like "angry Aries" or "evil Scorpio". Elliot Rodger and Adolf Hitler both had it. Control freak-ism is the dark sign of Capricorn.

You're kidding, right? Back in the "What Sign Is Satan" thread, Capricorn was mentioned 22 times, compared to Scorpio's 17. Capricorn seems to get a worse rap than Scorpio much of the times.

craft94

You're kidding, right? Back in the "What Sign Is Satan" thread, Capricorn was mentioned 22 times, compared to Scorpio's 17. Capricorn seems to get a worse rap than Scorpio much of the times.

Well yeah, Capricorn IS the goat, and it's ruled by Saturn, the great malefic so I can see it. But no sign is really "evil" or "bad". That's not how astrology works. (Not that that's what you were saying... I'm just clarifying myself)

graay ghost

Well yeah, Capricorn IS the goat, and it's ruled by Saturn, the great malefic so I can see it. But no sign is really "evil" or "bad". That's not how astrology works. (Not that that's what you were saying... I'm just clarifying myself)

I was merely noting that Capricorn, especially Capricorn moons, are indeed a stereotypically "evil" placement.

Scorpio888

VIrgo Moons and Capricorn Moons seem to really dominate in these kinds of shooters.

I realize the above-suggested charts are theoretical, but Aries Rising and Libra Rising are very, very rarely the catalyst in a chart for this kind of crime. (Sun in Aries is a different story).

If there is any one horoscopic position that is reliably sociopathic virtually 100% of the time, it's Moon in Capricorn -- from my observations; regardless of other aspects within the chart, or how pleasant or unpleasant the surface demeanor, there is just something "wrong" in all of them. "Sociopath" is even the word they use for each other.

Only Scorpio Rising comes close in terms of sheer sociopathic numbers --- no wonder the Scorpio Rising/Moon in Capricorn pairing is the combo of the anti-christ.

Who knows about Roof's ascendant? He doesn't seem bright enough for Scorpio Rising, however. For all their faults, they're not lacking in cleverness.

graay ghost

If there is any one horoscopic position that is reliably sociopathic virtually 100% of the time, it's Moon in Capricorn -- from my observations; regardless of other aspects within the chart, or how pleasant or unpleasant the surface demeanor, there is just something "wrong" in all of them. "Sociopath" is even the word they use for each other.

Where are you getting this? Are cap moons an organized group? Do they have a gatherings particularly for cap moons? Have you infiltrated them? What are they like? Do they like, sit around imposing tables discussing world domination while eating finely-prepared endangered animals? Sounds like a party! :w00t:

Osamenor

Staff member
If there is any one horoscopic position that is reliably sociopathic virtually 100% of the time, it's Moon in Capricorn -- from my observations; regardless of other aspects within the chart, or how pleasant or unpleasant the surface demeanor, there is just something "wrong" in all of them. "Sociopath" is even the word they use for each other. ey're not lacking in cleverness.

Where are you getting this? Are cap moons an organized group? Do they have a gatherings particularly for cap moons? Have you infiltrated them? What are they like? Do they like, sit around imposing tables discussing world domination while eating finely-prepared endangered animals? Sounds like a party! :w00t:

I, too, am very curious how Scorpio888 became so enlightened. Scorp, please tell us: how did you learn that "virtually 100%" of Capricorn moons are reliably sociopathic? (Reliably, though... that sounds very Capricorn to me! I guess we wouldn't want them to be unreliably sociopathic, would we?)

Really, did you do your research in the field? Going out and interviewing all the 1 in 12 people in the world who've ever lived that are Cap moons? And concluded, reliably, that all those 1 in 12 people are reliably sociopathic virtually 100% of the time?

And then they sit around at those world domination gatherings with finely prepared endangered animals on the table and call each other reliably sociopathic?

I'm imagining those interviews:

Scorpio888: So what do you think of all those other Capricorn moons out there?

Capricorn Moon Person: They're all reliably sociopathic, definitely.

Scorpio888

In fact I'm blogging from one right now.

Osamenor

Staff member
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously... I've seen three charts mentioned on here that belong to confirmed sociopathic killers (Roof, Elliott Rodger, and Hitler) who happened to have Capricorn moons. Three people out of the billions of Capricorn moons who've ever lived is certainly no reliable indicator of sociopathic tendencies... might as well say blue eyes makes someone a sociopath... but we might be onto something if we look at how a Capricorn moon might tie into those particular sociopaths.

Basic birth chart interpretation here: moon represents your deepest desires, unconscious motivations, and those take on the flavor of its sign, for better or worse. Capricorn is about boundaries, achievement, personal goals, self directedness. In its shadow form--the "bad" side--can manifest as self isolation, a sense that the world is against you, greed, desire for power over others, and/or a tendency to melancholy and depression. And, yes, in some cases being a control freak.

Most Capricorn moons who are manifesting the shadow harm themselves if they harm anyone, by becoming depressed, or taking on too much responsibility, or putting undue pressure on themselves to achieve. But in some cases, it might manifest as power hunger, and/or a desire to take revenge on the world they perceive as being against them. Those were certainly factors in Hitler's case (power hungry) and Rodger's (wanting revenge against the people he saw as having pleasures that he couldn't have).

Roof also acted out of a desire for power over others, and he isolated himself to the extreme. And he swallowed racist propaganda that said black people were a threat to whites, that they were taking over the world. So, he was, in his mind, fighting back at a world that was against him.

Another important consideration in these cases is the karmic chart: placement of the north and south nodes, aspects, placement and aspects involving the south node's ruler, etc. That can reveal truly evil motivations even when the rest of the chart looks pretty mild. Hitler is a prime example. Or, in some cases, it sheds light on the thought process that led up to what they did. Rodger said he wanted to kill people who were having pleasure (in his mind, that meant mainly sex) because he wasn't having any pleasure in life--and his karmic indicators are pretty heavy in Capricorn and the fifth house, suggesting a draw to pleasure that feels like drudgery and compulsion. Roof said blacks were taking over the world and he wanted to defend the white race.

Since these speculative charts UA posted don't include the lunar nodes, it's hard to say, but in early 1994, the south node was in late Taurus and the north in late Scorpio. That might have given Roof an opposition to his south node from Pluto, which would suggest a karmic history of having been victimized in a violent and horrific way. That in turn might have left him with a victim mentality, without knowing why... and so could have made him vulnerable to the suggestion that he was a victim because of his race.

craft94

By no means do I think having a Capricorn moon makes you a sociopathic killer. Scorpio888's post made me laugh.

But I can see how having a Capricorn moon factors into the motivations of these individuals. Hitler was a prime example of a power-hungry control freak and not only did Elliot Rodgers want to kill those who were having pleasure he couldn't have, but he seemed to be pretty obsessed with status as well... All of his talk about "alpha males" and being looked down upon as the "inferior man". From his manifesto, I get the impression that he doesn't see sex as an act of love but a symbol of status. The fact that he's not getting any makes him unworthy.

“On the day of retribution, I am going to enter the hottest sorority house of UCSB [University of California, Santa Barbara], and I will slaughter every single spoiled, stuck-up, blonde slut I see inside of there.”

"Single spoiled stuck up blonde sluts". So, he wasn't just going to get revenge on any woman. He was going to get revenge on the women who he found to be the hottest of the hot. He seems to be very brainwashed by gender stereotypes, of course, but perhaps, if he played to his level, he wouldn't have got rejected and this never would have happened. Then again, does any girl want to have sex with a sociopath? If a guy has to constantly emphasize what a "nice guy" they are, it's a sure sign that they are not.

Last edited:

Scorpio888

By no means do I think having a Capricorn moon makes you a sociopathic killer. Scorpio888's post made me laugh.
Nor did I say anything of the kind. Being inclined towards sociopathology by no means makes you a killer (and, again, even Capricorn Moons, often friends with one another, often use that word for each other).

But there's also little debate that most of the spree shooters, at least from recent years, have been either Moon in Virgo or Moon in Capricorn. I mean, it's not a secret and has been well-discussed on numerous astrology sites.

david starling

Possible motto for Moon in Capricorn--"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.:annoyed:"

What troubles me about this particular shooting, is that no one stopped him, even when he had to pause to reload. May be more to this than what the official version claims actually occurred.

Petinhse

He's born under the sun sign Aries which can be violent. Mars is in pisces near Saturn in pisces. Pisces has to do with karma. He was also heavily influenced by hate groups. The history of the church is interesting. There were several people hunged for starting the church.

Last edited:

Petinhse

He has a stellum of planets in pisces which is an introverted sign. His Mars is in pisces. Maybe he suppressed his anger and just exploded.

Bunraku

He must have hypnotic power, because they didn't stop him when they had the chance.

Oh he definitely does. In the other forum I frequent, the members have a lot of crushes on him because they view him as so magnetic, hypnotic, and mysterious- like a man that is misunderstood by the world.