Iceland Volcano - Europe in Chaos

byjove

Account Closed
Hi all,

I haven't seen any messages about this. What's going on? This is huge,
how come astrologers aren't talking about it?! Mercury is RETROGRADE but
why else is this happening? Surely not the Saturn Uranus opp?

[moved to Country and Place Astrology forum - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Sundance_Kid

I remember astrologers two years ago writing that as soon as the Uranus-Pluto square starts coming into orb there would be major disruptions, and they placed this to begin in spring 2010. I think this may be an underlying cause, given Uranus and planes, and Pluto and volcanos, but I don't think is a trigger.

There must be stronger indications, and I think we will feel this square when Uranus moves to Aries.

Culpeper

Premium Member
The last solar eclipes on 15 January 2010 indicated major earthquake and volcanic activity. An eclipse chart for London using whole sign houses has a square aspect from Saturn in the 10th house to Mercury in the first. This shows that in some way this activity will effect England considering that the national sign, Aries, is the 4th house. In mundane astrology harsh aspects between Mercury and Saturn are indications of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

freedomlover

Hi all,

I haven't seen any messages about this. What's going on? This is huge,
how come astrologers aren't talking about it?! Mercury is RETROGRADE but
why else is this happening? Surely not the Saturn Uranus opp?

The volcano erupted on April 14th. Mercury didn't station retrograde until April 18th. It was slowing down to station, so may have had a slight effect. The Saturn/Uranus opposition IS in pretty tight orb, though.

I'm also suspecting the tightly closing Ceres/Pluto Rx conjunction at 4/5 degrees Capricorn - especially since Pluto had just stationed retrograde 8 days before. Pluto tends to remain pretty motionless for about 2 weeks on either side of a station. Ceres is also slowing down to station. She will station on April 28th at 4'36" Capricorn, and go retrograde. (Horrors! :eek: Just 2 days after the Saturn/Uranus opposition perfects!)

byjove

Account Closed
Very interesting stuff, and hello to the both of you; I don't think we've chatted before.

I've been looking at all the international news channels all day, the American networks seem to have most. (I'm very interested in how events are perceived/broadcasted outside of the nation) And it's strongly likely, they say, that the change of winds this week will push it in the opposite direction; Canada, and I'm sure the US. Plus, I read that some Nissan vehicles will be disrupted, because their manufacture require parts from Ireland which can't be flown out. I'm sure that other manufacturing processes will also be disrupted, not to mention trade! Did you hear that the Emirates airline boss said if this persists it could destroy the European airline industry! This is unbelievable! So this is about to become much more of an international issue!

I'm just amazed at how quickly Mother Earth has brought our 'advanced' civilizations into chaos....

So, Pluto square Saturn, Mercury square Saturn and Solar eclipses? Hmm. I see. I'm afraid I don't know the first thing about mundane astrology. I placed this in predictive because it mentioned talking about transits, by the way! :biggrin:

freedomlover

quoting Culpeper:
In mundane astrology harsh aspects between Mercury and Saturn are indications of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.
This caught my eye: It's my viewpoint that dispositors often have a huge influence on the planet it disposits. Notice that Saturn had just left Libra and re-entered Virgo, where it is now disposited by the slowing down to station Mercury in Taurus -- and all Earth signs, to boot! (And the final dispositor of this trail is Venus in Taurus - which is nearing a conjunction with Algol!)

I wonder if this all is indicative of all the change involved with this eruption? I'm also wondering where all this chain hits the charts of the major countries involved......

(And "Hello", byjove! Yes, I think maybe this is the first time we've crossed paths. I've been off of the forum for most of the time you've been posting.)

byjove

Account Closed
Hey Freedom! (Aqua?),

So let's see...Sat opp Ura, Sat disposed by slowing Mercury, retroing...Ura disposed by Neppy/Jove, of which, Neppy is in Aqua and Jove happy swimming with the Fishes...so Ura really does have more support this time...interesting...:w00t:

freedomlover

I remember astrologers two years ago writing that as soon as the Uranus-Pluto square starts coming into orb there would be major disruptions, and they placed this to begin in spring 2010. I think this may be an underlying cause, given Uranus and planes, and Pluto and volcanos, but I don't think is a trigger.

There must be stronger indications, and I think we will feel this square when Uranus moves to Aries.

I shudder to think about what may be coming along with the Uranus in Aries/Pluto in Cap squares beginning this summer. However, right now there is something like a 7 degree out-of-sign square between Uranus and Pluto. I know they are "heavy-hitters", but 7 degrees AND out of sign? Any comments on this from Sundance Kid or anyone else?

JerryRR

Seismic activity started at the end of 2009 which led to the first eruption on 20th March 2010 between 10:30pm/11:30pm local time.

Jerry :)

freedomlover

Hey Freedom! (Aqua?),

So let's see...Sat opp Ura, Sat disposed by slowing Mercury, retroing...Ura disposed by Neppy/Jove, of which, Neppy is in Aqua and Jove happy swimming with the Fishes...so Ura really does have more support this time...interesting...:w00t:

Freedom- Sag Sun/Aqua Moon :biggrin:

I'm not following you by "Uranus really does have more support this time..." -?

Some thoughts on Uranus in Pisces.... Doesn't a volcanic eruption spew toxins into the air? (Sudden Release - Uranus Toxins- Pisces)

Also, I think things that obscure - like a veil or smokescreen, are covered by Pisces - so that could explain one trying to fly through a sudden cloud of ash? Also, personally, I count the airline industry as an 11th house/Aquarian/Uranian Industry - so Uranus ( airlines) in Pisces (cloud of smoke and ash?)

freedomlover

Seismic activity started at the end of 2009 which led to the first eruption on 20th March 2010 between 10:30pm/11:30pm local time.

Oh - wow! I didn't realize there had been a prior eruption! The news stories I've seen have just referred to the April 14th eruption. Then maybe the transits building at the time the seismic activity and first eruption occurred should be taken into account, as well?

byjove

Account Closed
Sag Sun, Aqua Moon? Freedom indeed...lol :biggrin:

Yes, if there's prior eruptions to be considered, then the start date is just as important. We're seeing the pinnacle (so far.....:annoyed:) of a bigger event... Pity I don't speak Icelandic lol. Everybody around me is talking about Iceland's last SUPER VOLCANO in the 1800s and how she could be waking up again...she spewed lava for 13/14 months I was told...(takes ferry to a land far and away...)

JerryRR

Iceland Independence chart.

Iceland severed all links with Denmark and proclamed a republic at 2pm on the 17th June 1944 in Reykyavik.

The Book of World Horoscopes.

byjove

Account Closed
LoL - Jerry, Freedom has Sagg Sun, Aqua Moon, I was laughing because her name suits that combination very well! And I'm not worried about Iceland's indepdendance; about a year ago they formally applied to join the E.U. Wuhoo! :biggrin:

freedomlover

LoL - Jerry, Freedom has Sagg Sun, Aqua Moon, I was laughing because her name suits that combination very well! And I'm not worried about Iceland's indepdendance; about a year ago they formally applied to join the E.U. Wuhoo! :biggrin:

I'm thinking maybe jerryRR posted the information because of my prior musing as to how all these transits were impacting the charts of the countries involved - Iceland being one of the major ones, of course. I think the date he gave would be Iceland's birth chart. Correct me if I'm wrong with this assumption, jerryRR.

JerryRR

Good evening to you both,

Hi Freedom,yes this is Iceland's birth chart.
Great thread Byjove.
Apologies for the delayed reply,I am in the middle of cooking my evening meal,veggie chilli.
Catch you later.

JerryRR

I have had a quick look at Iceland's natal,Asc 2Libra13 con Neptune,Mc 3Cancer32 con Saturn.
On 20 March transiting Saturn con Asc,Pluto Con Ic and Sun/Mer/Uranus con Dsc.
Concerning the Fourth and the Planets Therein.
Quote:'The cusp of this house is taken specially into account in making prognostications regarding earthquakes,volcanic eruptions,etc.

Raphael's Mundane Astrology.

freedomlover

I have had a quick look at Iceland's natal,Asc 2Libra13 con Neptune,Mc 3Cancer32 con Saturn.
On 20 March transiting Saturn con Asc,Pluto Con Ic and Sun/Mer/Uranus con Dsc.
Concerning the Fourth and the Planets Therein.
Quote:'The cusp of this house is taken specially into account in making prognostications regarding earthquakes,volcanic eruptions,etc.

Raphael's Mundane Astrology.

Wow! Iceland's chart is lit up like a Christmas tree!

Just to add a few charts in the mix. First one is UK 1066 found
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/countries/united-kingdom.php

Iceleand natal chart -AW says June 1944
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/countries/iceland.php

Iceland - this site says the birth was 1918
http://www.astrotheme.com/portraits/C7D5W8mQaUQC.htm

http://rollanscensoredissuesblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/icelands-volcano-astrological-signs-and.html
this one says 1944 to

"The current volcanic eruption is thought to have begun around 11 pm local time on March 20. At the time the Sun had just entered Aries and was opposed by Saturn, setting off the Saturn/Pluto square. At the time of the eruption, Neptune was sitting right on the IC of the chart for the local area, suggesting the presence of the water element and the presence of fog or mist."
http://blog.beliefnet.com/astrologicalmusings/2010/04/the-astrology-of-the-iceland-v.html

"On April 14th, at the time of the New Moon in the early degrees of Aries (fire and initiation), the volcano resumed its eruptions, causing flooding and the release of a large cloud of volcanic ash that closed the airspace in Iceland and Norway. By April 15th most of the United Kingdom was also closed to air travel, and the large cloud of volcanic ash quickly spread to other parts of Europe."

http://funkastrology.co.uk/aviation-shutdown-icelandic-volcano/
Further interesting comments by members speculating what may happen next.

JerryRR

I agree with you Freedom',check out the next Lunar Eclipse in June.

The UK 1801 chart,Asc7 Libra,Mc 9 Cancer.

Thank you for the info' A50,I will have a look at the links tomorrow.