Let's Play A Game: Astrological Practice!

craft94

I'll post a Solar Return, you'll guess what happened that year and whether or not it was a good one.

Or I'll post a Lunar Return, you'll guess what happened that month.

Or I'll post an event chart, you'll guess what that event was.

Then you'll do the same and I will have to interpret it.

You can post resoled horaries too.

But the point is:
1. To get practice
2. To test it's accuracy

So no unresolved charts allowed. That defeats the purpose

I posted my Solar Return from 2014 (if you need my natal with it let me know). What happened?

Attachments

• solar return 2014-2015.png
    solar return 2014-2015.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 52

JUPITERASC

I don't really know how to do solar return charts.

Our EDUCATION BOARD HAS VERY BASIC INFO
STEPS ON HOW TO INTERPRET A SOLAR RETURN CHART,
by Starlink
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17763

Once you understand the basics of your birth chart interpretation
you can use the same technique on your Solar Return chart.
The Solar Return chart is a chart drawn up for the exact time
when your Sun makes its yearly return to the position it was on at your birth

Note:
You can also view the Solar Return as a chart on its own
but it wont tell you as much as when you compare with the natal chart.

It is not easy to interprete a Solar Return chart
because very often what we see in there, reflects the hopes and wishes of the individual
and not necessarILy what will happen to him/her.
That is also why we have to look at the birth potential.
If the Solar Return shows a fantastic career move
but in the natal chart it is clearly seen that any career attempt is going to be non existent
when the woman is a mother rather than a career type or when there is no fire present
nor any ambition to be seen (Cardinal mode), then we have to be careful.
It could be a wish, not a reality.

in ancient astrological times
Modernist SOLAR RETURN was aka THE SOLAR REVOLUTION :smile:

FOR COHERENT LEARNING METHODOLOGY read PERSIAN NATIVITIES Volume III

• Most complete translation available http://bendykes.com/persians.php
  • Extensive Introduction explaining predictive methods
  • Profections, transits, distributions, firdariyyat, solar revolutions, ninth-parts, and more

craft94

Looks like changes in career or work and substantial mental makeover's were on your mind for new studies to enter into a new profession

Yes!! However, these weren't good career changes, at least they didn't feel that way at the time. I suppose this is why it's important to always compare the SR chart with the natal: Saturn was transiting my 6th house and squaring my MC at 23 degrees Aquarius. I was prohibited from going in the direction I wanted to.

Mental makeovers? That part is true too. I had stopped taking anti-depressants, which had made me manic. But now I felt... well, depressed. I felt like I was going out of my mind. My OCD was growing worse. I grew withdrawn, quieter and deleted all social media. At the same time, I was determined to make some positive changes for myself; I became more organized, etc. I wanted to reinvent myself.

, as well as a relationship that underwent transforming ideals or a breakup completely? Venus is also very close to your Sun (lord of the future 2nd Taurus and lord of 7th house Libra) so one relationship might have ended to enter into a new one?

Nope :/ That's what I find so confusing about this chart! With a stellium in the 7th, including a Venus-Sun conjunction, you would think this would be a year focused on relationships but nope! This year was completely devoid of any romance whatsoever, nothing serious, nothing casual. In fact, I felt more isolated than I had ever been. I was very lonely. I had lost a couple of my close friends and I felt like had no friends. I was afraid to leave my room. I was afraid to talk to anyone. I physically couldn't talk to anyone. Every time I would talk to anyone, I would overthink everything, I was afraid of embarrassing myself. The Mercury in Retrograde here is the only thing that makes sense. Does the conjunction to the North Node make it stronger?

However, this year was very others-focused in a way. I had an increased awareness of what other people thought of me. There were only two people I talked to regularly and neither were people I particularly liked. They were both pretty narcissistic and I couldn't be myself around them. I couldn't be honest with them yet I talked to them anyway for two reasons 1. I was lonely 2. more importantly, I felt like they needed it. I felt more like a therapist to them than a friend. I felt like I was losing my integrity and it was driving me insane. It's like my personality changed completely and became the opposite of who I am used to. I was afraid to be honest with them about anything because they would freak out at me and/or abandon me or threaten suicide, etc.

Mars as host (energy motivator) to the Prima Facie 1st house is right up there in the 9th house in Sag. giving you some umph to take last effort glimpses at subject matters of 8th/7th houses-addressing them of a psychological higher minded decision making energy, Mars is near your 10th house (just beginning to instrument some ground breaking preparations to change your life in a different direction) cusp -certain destiny issues that needed your attention.

I guess so. With Mars in the 9th Sag and square the Moon in Virgo, I felt very anxious and overworked at school. I was taking 6 classes (which is more than the usual recommendation) and had panic attacks in class that more closely resembled psychotic breaks.

Overall, it was a very horrible year but a quick glance at the chart and to me, it doesn't look horrible so I was interested in hearing what others had to say.

ANYONE ELSE HAVE A CHART? I'd like to try interpreting one!

Last edited:

craft94

Can I post my own chart?

Yes of course but it can't be a natal chart. It has to be a chart of something that has already happened, something that's already been resolved. I don't know if natal charts are ever really resolved. We're always evolving.

Return charts, event charts, horary charts...

I suppose a natal chart with transits could work, assuming they're not your current transits but transits that happened during a specific event in your life.

AppLeo

Yes of course but it can't be a natal chart. It has to be a chart of something that has already happened, something that's already been resolved. I don't know if natal charts are ever really resolved. We're always evolving.

Return charts, event charts, horary charts...

I suppose a natal chart with transits could work, assuming they're not your current transits but transits that happened during a specific event in your life.

A lot happened to me on January 2015.

Here's a lunar chart. I don't know why the date is Dec 2014. But I guess it doesn't matter? I set the date on astrodienst on jan 2015.

astro_35gw_01_chris_201511.69144.4754.jpg

craft94

Thank you for clarifying the Sun combustion of Venus, a sometimes rival friendship, under the sun beams sparring partner? Sorry to hear about your loss of friendship. Sun Combust planets often has a way of obscuring the subject activity matter of the planet from view entirely during the active energy duration of the Combust and under the Sun beams disposition effect.

Take care
All the best
Vyri
Thanks! Interestingly enough though, I'm friends with those people again and no longer friends with the people who I found were draining me.

Hmmm..7th is also the house of open enemies so perhaps that should also be taken into account.

craft94

A lot happened to me on January 2015.

Here's a lunar chart. I don't know why the date is Dec 2014. But I guess it doesn't matter? I set the date on astrodienst on jan 2015.

View attachment 67109

It the last lunar return that has occured since whatever date you put in. So if you put January 1st as your date, it's going to say December 12th (or whatever date in the December the return occured on).

I'm going to be so bad at this!! OK, so you were 16 years old?

I'm guessing some kind of bullying that occured at school, an argument with a friend? Chart ruler Mars in the 11th house, with a stellium in the 9th? 6th houe Moon - health problems, lots of anxiety, panic attacks brought on by whatever occured. Opposite Neptune in the 12th - perhaps you were lied to by someone you considered a friend? Moon is closely trine Venus though and NN is on the 7th house cusp so I would imagine maybe you met someone who meant a lot to you, a new relationship maybe? Maybe someone who helped you through whatever it is that happened?

AppLeo

It the last lunar return that has occured since whatever date you put in. So if you put January 1st as your date, it's going to say December 12th (or whatever date in the December the return occured on).

I'm going to be so bad at this!! OK, so you were 16 years old?

I'm guessing some kind of bullying that occured at school, an argument with a friend? Chart ruler Mars in the 11th house, with a stellium in the 9th? 6th houe Moon - health problems, lots of anxiety, panic attacks brought on by whatever occured. Opposite Neptune in the 12th - perhaps you were lied to by someone you considered a friend? Moon is closely trine Venus though and NN is on the 7th house cusp so I would imagine maybe you met someone who meant a lot to you, a new relationship maybe? Maybe someone who helped you through whatever it is that happened?

:lol:

All of that happened low-key... but there was a bigger thing that happened. I thought the stellium in the 9th house would give it away, honestly.

craft94

:lol:

All of that happened low-key... but there was a bigger thing that happened. I thought the stellium in the 9th house would give it away, honestly.

"School" or learning is the first thing I think when I see 9th house stelliums. Did you change schools because you didn't like what you were experiencing?

Travel? I know I'm being basic but.....religion? Was this the month you first discovered astrology and used it to help solve your problems?

Abused by a religious figure? I'm thinking back to Mars again.

AppLeo

"School" or learning is the first thing I think when I see 9th house stelliums. Did you change schools because you didn't like what you were experiencing?

Travel? I know I'm being basic but.....religion? Was this the month you first discovered astrology and used it to help solve your problems?

Abused by a religious figure? I'm thinking back to Mars again.

Yes! I changed schools and moved to a new state.

conspiracy theorist

I'll throw my hat in.

This is my natal chart with transits for early June 2016. Based on the placements of the transitting planets, what was going on in my life at that time?

I've also added the whole sign chart as I think certain things that happened were quite indicative of a certain planet within my chart.

Attachments

• Chart with transits Placidus.jpg
    Chart with transits Placidus.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Chart with transits WS.jpg
    Chart with transits WS.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 51

AppLeo

I'll throw my hat in.

This is my natal chart with transits for early June 2016. Based on the placements of the transitting planets, what was going on in my life at that time?

I've also added the whole sign chart as I think certain things that happened were quite indicative of a certain planet within my chart.

Why do your charts look different...

They have like planet symbols where the signs are.

conspiracy theorist

Yes, I care.

What planet is my Leo Sun in??

The most basic use of Terms and Faces is to provide minor dignity to planets that aren't in Domicile, Exaltation or Triplicity. They are generally seen as weaker dignity indicators with Face seen as only good to keep a planet out of being peregrine. Though the hellenistic astrologers viewed terms (bounds) as being on par with Domicile and Exaltation - and as a result was protected from combustion alongside planets in their Domiciles and Exaltations.

There is also a little known timing technique referred to as "distributing through the bounds" that utilizes the terms in a chart. If you're interested in this technique you can view these pdfs.

http://studentofastrology.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/DistributionthruBounds.pdf
https://www.demetra-george.com/HellenisticTimeLordProcedures.pdf

Your Sun would be in the terms of Jupiter and the face of Saturn.

Last edited: