People act like aging is the worst thing that can happen LOL

Ukpoohbear

People made her a legend for the same reason they make other people legends: she connected to a collective conscious. I think people need to have psychic ability to be able to do that for example Amy Winehouse did it too through her music. MMwas an artist too, although chiefly her artistry was she was a model and gave her energy outwards instead of keeping herself private, she gave everything. She didn’t actually like acting, it was just a natural or the only progression after reaching stardom through modelling. But she was still successful at acting, like other pin ups tried to move into acting but didn’t manage it. MM became a top actress but again that was her ability to speak to the collective conscious.

Thirdteenth

Next you gonna say you don’t like Britney :( and the world will end immediately.

Yye3LUS.jpg

Coincidence? Or clones? Or reincarnation?

Bunraku

People made her a legend for the same reason they make other people legends: she connected to a collective conscious. I think people need to have psychic ability to be able to do that for example Amy Winehouse did it too through her music. MMwas an artist too, although chiefly her artistry was she was a model and gave her energy outwards instead of keeping herself private, she gave everything. She didn’t actually like acting, it was just a natural or the only progression after reaching stardom through modelling. But she was still successful at acting, like other pin ups tried to move into acting but didn’t manage it. MM became a top actress but again that was her ability to speak to the collective conscious.

See what I mean? ;)
Overhyped

Collective unconscious is vague and not really that specific. If anyone gets famous you can attribute it to the collective unconscious, not just her. Like Donald trump, Angelina Jolie, or the next new viral person.

Men loved her (for obvious reasons), and women looked to her for fashion tips to attract men. I really find it distasteful that a few corporate execs can spiritually stir the nation by forcing a woman in a life of bondage and plastic surgery.

I haven’t seen the same hype surrounding Amy winehouse. When she was still alive everyone treated her like ****. Now? People back off because she’s dead but people generally don’t like to talk about her because her condition is more publicized and I guess more people can see that in happening their personal lives.

Bunraku

Men loved her for obvious reasons yes but women loved her fit her vulnerability which became more and more apparent.

That’s after the fact. And many decades afterwards.

Did women like her when she was still alive? Culture seemed to be horrible for women back then and it was competitive.

Ukpoohbear

That’s after the fact. And many decades afterwards.

Did women like her when she was still alive? Culture seemed to be horrible for women back then and it was competitive.

Yep around the mid 50s her female fan base grew once stories of her childhood and behaviour started to appear in the papers. She was one of those rare women liked by both men and women.

It was horrible though and competitive. She was criticised for being fat, crazy and always late. And stiff competition with the likes of Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor etc

Thirdteenth

Ha! Yeah. You’d have your hands full trying to take care of them both. Britney put that razor down leave your hair alone. Marilyn put your clothes back on and put those sleeping pills away.

I’ll rather have Britney use that razor on her head than on me chile :lol: and Marylin would be much easier to care for cause she’ll be looking for a parental figure anyways. Might as well roll with the punches and play house.

Thirdteenth

Yep around the mid 50s her female fan base grew once stories of her childhood and behaviour started to appear in the papers. She was one of those rare women liked by both men and women.

It was horrible though and competitive. She was criticised for being fat, crazy and always late. And stiff competition with the likes of Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor etc

Don’t forget to add on the list that beautiful Italian woman Sophia Loren. She got recognized at the age of fourteen for her beauty but can you believe she felt insecure? She said she didn’t grow into her looks before that age but I mean she still had to be attractive. Supposedly she got proposed to multiple times but her mother was on guard (rightfully so). The 50s though it be difficult for woman, we have to admit that it gave us icons who names are legendary in the business of entertainment.

Ukpoohbear

Yeah she was gorgeous. There’s a nice quote by her aboit when she met MM in the bathroom just before they were to meet the Queen around 1956. She looked up to MM.

Bridget Bardot was hot too.

Thirdteenth

Yeah she was gorgeous. There’s a nice quote by her aboit when she met MM in the bathroom just before they were to meet the Queen around 1956. She looked up to MM.

Bridget Bardot was hot too.

I thought it was Bridget Bardot who meet her in the bathroom? I believe she said something about her beauty and understanding why people were so attracted to her. Also agreed on Bridget Bardot. A drop dead gorgeous woman :love: The French accent just put more sugar in that full tank.

Thirdteenth

She’s birthing millions and millions out of her coin purse. What else can be said but she has her Midas purse lol also she gives me very much ice queen looks from her photos. Seventy years old and looking like that? Who knew money kept the skin so renewed :biggrin: No need to get it from adrenochrome :bandit: