Help: Breaking Up During Mercury Retrograde

Quantum

Hi. My relationship is in trouble right now and I was wondering if I could get your advice.

I'm an Aries Sun/Mercury, Gemini Moon/Ascendant, Aquarius Venus/Mars. My partner is a Cancer Sun/Mercury/Mars, Taurus Ascendant, Virgo Moon and Gemini Venus. He was born under a retrograding Mercury.

My chart - his chart
- synastry -

g5I8ZnN.jpg

As you can tell, we get along wonderfully because of our perfect Moon-Venus conjunction. We're usually very warm and loving towards each other...until his dreadful Moon-Venus square explodes and brings out all his issues. He's suffering from depression right now.

He also recently got fired from work (he was a copywriter), so he can't afford to see a therapist. He's very intelligent and talented, but has extremely low self-esteem and self-worth.

Last Wednesday, we celebrated his 26th birthday. Everything was great at first---we had lunch, cracked jokes, acted like little kids just for fun at the park. He absolutely loved the gifts from me. Later that day, he suddenly broke down (for the fifth time) and began to recall his unhappy childhood and his cold, loveless family. Then he proceeded to say that I should just leave him because I don't deserve to be put through his dark moods again.

Oftentimes I would try to get his mood back up by telling him about all the qualities that made me fall in love with him in the first place, and that he deserves to be loved and treated well.

It didn't seem to work this time. We parted on the evening of his birthday in tears. I sent him a couple of text messages in the past few days, telling him little funny anecdotes about my day, but he never replied.

I decided I was tired and broken beyond repair. I almost sent him a text message asking him if we could say goodbye for the last time, but I stopped myself upon realizing that Mercury is currently in Retrograde. It might not be the right time for that.

What do you think should I do in the meantime? Should I keep sending him those little messages? Or am I doing it wrong? Should I leave him be and keep quiet in the meantime, leaving room for us to sort out personal issues until Mercury goes direct? Does this still have a chance of working out?

Thank you so much.

rahu

Banned
hi quantum

this is a rather difficult chart to get a focus on.
the jupiter/sun conjuction shows a similar profession and you may have met through friends at work.
but there are two aspects that are troubling for the longterm.
the sun/moon midint is conjunct to chiron and opposed to uranus. this is a very unfavorable aspect for a longterm relationship as it is very unstable. i does give a stong electicity but this energy does not often translate into commitment.
the venus/sun midpint is opposed to pluto.
while this can intially give a strong physical atraction, in the long run his shows that the physicaly intimacy will not bring emotional love.usually the physical atraction ceases and a "celibacy" may replace the intial desire you had for each other
his issues are shown by the sun/moon conjunct to chiron. this is at the base of he connection between you and with no emotional openess as the pluo oppsed to venus/sun indicates, the relationshi will likel never prgress to a "normal" relationship.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
In my opinion and that also the late but very famous Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson,
not every two charts can be used in a successful composite chart.

However without the details of the chart or the actual degrees of the Mars, ASC, and MH, there is no way to determine this from what you have offered.

GalacticEgg

sending him sweetness and love while he's in this state is only subliminally rewarding him for acting like a drama queen. I suggest you ignore him, and when with him, be optimistic and supportive of him as a man. Encourage him to find work. Insist he's too old to be blaming his issues on his family now.

I suggest you consider ending this relationship.

Quantum

hi quantum

this is a rather difficult chart to get a focus on.
the jupiter/sun conjuction shows a similar profession and you may have met through friends at work.
but there are two aspects that are troubling for the longterm.
the sun/moon midint is conjunct to chiron and opposed to uranus. this is a very unfavorable aspect for a longterm relationship as it is very unstable. i does give a stong electicity but this energy does not often translate into commitment.
the venus/sun midpint is opposed to pluto.
while this can intially give a strong physical atraction, in the long run his shows that the physicaly intimacy will not bring emotional love.usually the physical atraction ceases and a "celibacy" may replace the intial desire you had for each other
his issues are shown by the sun/moon conjunct to chiron. this is at the base of he connection between you and with no emotional openess as the pluo oppsed to venus/sun indicates, the relationshi will likel never prgress to a "normal" relationship.

Wow, that is correct! We're both copywriters who used to work for the same company. I never thought it could be reflected in our chart. And I do feel like we're approaching that period of "celibacy" that you mentioned. The initial attraction was very strong; it feels very different now. Not that I'm unhappy with him; everything's fine until he goes back into his dark moods. Which actually happens quite often. Maybe you're right; I might never see the end of this.

Do you see any "redeeming" aspects that could possibly help us through the bad ones?

sending him sweetness and love while he's in this state is only subliminally rewarding him for acting like a drama queen. I suggest you ignore him, and when with him, be optimistic and supportive of him as a man. Encourage him to find work. Insist he's too old to be blaming his issues on his family now.

I suggest you consider ending this relationship.

Thanks, I needed to hear that. I feel like I've fighting this alone for too long. :(