How does 0 degree moon affect the chart?

ChevyD

Hello,

Using tropical zodiac I have 0 deg moon Capricorn in sixth house.

I believe the moon is the main cause of issues in my life. It's not in a good position and I am a Cancer ascendant.

I have read conflicting things online regarding 0 deg moon, some say it has no power so will have no effect. Others say its weak and makes the whole chart weak.

I do not believe in trying to change things in my chart. If I was born with these negative/weak energies then I will learn to use them.

Does anyone have experience with 0 deg moon placement?
How can I determine if the moon gives good or bad energy in my chart?

Really, I am just interested in how others live with this placement, especially in regards to career. I am not interested in relationships (think this may be Saturn's issue and not moon).

Thank you

Last edited:

wan

Planets at 0 degree are more powerful I believe, and they are even more so when they are in a Cardinal sign.

Osamenor

Staff member
Planets at 0 degree are more powerful I believe, and they are even more so when they are in a Cardinal sign.

0 degrees of a cardinal sign is an especially powerful point. Also known as the Aries point (though the name applies no less to Capricorn, Cancer, and Libra).

Since Moon is your chart ruler, it also has extra influence on your chart, and your life.

Planets in fall or detriment, which a Capricorn Moon is, represent problems we have to solve... and can solve. Often, solving that problem is a life's work. So, counterintuitively, that gives the detrimented planet's topics (Moon topics, in your case) a central role in your life.

Maybe you're on a lifelong quest to sort out problems affecting your family, your country, or your home. Maybe having a home in the first place is a sticking point for you. Maybe health issues are (Moon is one of the indicators of the body and overall health, regardless of which house it rules, though if it rules the ascendant, that doubles down: ascendant also indicates the body). Or maybe you're in more of a helping role: for instance, working in a medical field, helping other people with their health issues.

If you don't see yourself in any of those examples, then we can dig deeper. Something Moon is definitely a focus for you.

ChevyD

Thanks for the replies.

I knew somehow that the moon was important. Even in fall it is powerful over the whole chart.. that's what makes the chart weak cus its fall effects the entire chart

ChevyD

Maybe you're on a lifelong quest to sort out problems affecting your family, your country, or your home. Maybe having a home in the first place is a sticking point for you. Maybe health issues are (Moon is one of the indicators of the body and overall health, regardless of which house it rules, though if it rules the ascendant, that doubles down: ascendant also indicates the body). Or maybe you're in more of a helping role: for instance, working in a medical field, helping other people with their health issues.

If you don't see yourself in any of those examples, then we can dig deeper. Something Moon is definitely a focus for you.

Having a home is definitely a sticking point for me but it is a smaller matter. There are bigger things right now for me, it feels like my entire life and not just house or job or sixth house things.

About health, I am perfectly healthy but my sibling has everything you could imagine. Born with a type of genetic lung disease. I was tested to see if I carry the disease and I don't! I feel the negativity of the moon (its fall) everywhere in my life.. but it does not affect my health even though it is placed in sixth house and tied to my ascendant.!

Others have guessed before about working in service or medical.. but its not true. I mainly work with Saturn (mining industry). I don't like it but i equally do not like the idea or medical or service field. I definitely do not have any desires to work in these roles.

I know I am missing something with my moon placement but I just can't understand what. I completely agree that something moon is a focus for me...

thanks

Astrologer Joseph

Hi ChevyD

When a Moon sign is 0 degrees essentially the moment you were born it was transitioning out of Sag and into Capricorn. You would best research both descriptions of these Moon signs and apply them to your 6th house. In your case what makes this placement tricky is not many positive lines leaving the Moon. From the chart posted there is a square from the Moon to Mercury; emotionally this means you will focus a lot of energy on this aspect in order to express, understand as well as deepen your Moon issues (that can include your relationship with sisters (if you have them), women in general particular the ones that you work with or train/educate you, the feminine energy, your own Mother and your own inner nurturing side). This focus will take on a decidedly 6th house quality as you journey through life.

Square aspects can heighten and 'speed' up an energy and also make for the two competing planets to give and take, whereby both oscillate and take the 'lead' on issues at different points. So one moment you can over think things in a rational sense at the sake of your emotional needs, and other times be more emotional and not really think things through properly or just skim the surface of something that requires deeper thought. Other tricky aspects in your chart are Chiron conjunct Ascendant and South Node conjunct both Ascendant and Chiron. I would advise you to research these more as you enter later adult life.

Astrologer Joseph

JUPITERASC

Hello,
Using tropical zodiac I have 0 deg moon Capricorn in sixth house.

I believe the moon is the main cause of issues in my life.

It's not in a good position

and

I am a Cancer ascendant.

Introduction to Hellenistic Astrology Part I - Zodiac​

The zodiac completes a sidereal cycle in 23.93446 hours. The twelvefold circle has no beginning, but it is so-held to begin with Cancer.

The image of the Crab is feminine, nocturnal, changeable, watery, amphibian, notable, silent, fertile, digging, with many limbs, two-coloured, rising backwards, lying and of the west wind. It indicates household, travel, obstacles, water and celebrations. Depending on the placement of the houseruler, men born under the influence of Cancer are small, popular, ambitious, wealthy, travelling and wandering because the Crab and the Moon do not walk straight, lavish, mindful, public, cheerful, with large face, wide head, sunken eyes, higher lower part of the body, crooked teeth, shaggy hair, dark, theatrical, constantly changing, luxurious, pleasure-loving, party-giving, unsteady of mind, getting involved in the many activities, saying one thing, but thinking another, hucksters, retailers, moneylenders, gardeners and those who cultivate plants.

Domicile of Moon, exaltation of Jupiter, depression of Mars
, it controls the chest, the respiratory system, the upper gastrointestinal tract and the eyesight, especially the left eye. It causes skin diseases on account of the rough skin

The first 7° belong to Mars - hostilities, dangers, travel
The next 6° belong to Venus - passionate, graceful
The next 6° belong to Mercury - intelligent, trade, speech
The next 7° belong to Jupiter - good fortune, some are religious
The final 4° belong to Saturn - irregular, restless

Eyes - Mercury and moderately Mars
Claws - Saturn and Mercury
Beehive Cluster - Mars and the Moon
Asellus Borealis and Asellus Australis - Mars and the Sun

Such, then, are the observations of the effects of the stars as made by our predecessors.

Bibliography:
Ludwich, A. (Ed.). (1877). Maximi et Ammonis carminum De actionum auspiciis reliquiae: accedunt Anecdota astrologica. BG Teubneri. Retrieved from
https://archive.org/details/maximietammonisc00ludw/page/n3
Manilius, & Goold, G. P. (1985). Astronomica. BG Teubner.
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Schmidt, R. The Astrological Record of the Early Greek Sages. Project Hindsight.
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from
https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

I have read conflicting things online regarding 0 deg moon,
some say it has no power so will have no effect.

Others say its weak and makes the whole chart weak.

I do not believe in trying to change things in my chart.

If I was born with these negative/weak energies then I will learn to use them.
zero degree moon varies

- because it's dependent on it's sign ruler location :smile:

Does anyone have experience with 0 deg moon placement?

How can I determine
if the moon gives good or bad energy in my chart?

in this specific chart
moon zero degree capricorn

and so moon is SATURN ruled
therefore
condition of natal SATURN is pivotal

Really, I am just interested in how others live with this placement, especially in regards to career. I am not interested in relationships (think this may be Saturn's issue and not moon).

Thank you

ChevyD

Hi ChevyD

When a Moon sign is 0 degrees essentially the moment you were born it was transitioning out of Sag and into Capricorn. You would best research both descriptions of these Moon signs and apply them to your 6th house. In your case what makes this placement tricky is not many positive lines leaving the Moon. From the chart posted there is a square from the Moon to Mercury; emotionally this means you will focus a lot of energy on this aspect in order to express, understand as well as deepen your Moon issues (that can include your relationship with sisters (if you have them), women in general particular the ones that you work with or train/educate you, the feminine energy, your own Mother and your own inner nurturing side). This focus will take on a decidedly 6th house quality as you journey through life.

Square aspects can heighten and 'speed' up an energy and also make for the two competing planets to give and take, whereby both oscillate and take the 'lead' on issues at different points. So one moment you can over think things in a rational sense at the sake of your emotional needs, and other times be more emotional and not really think things through properly or just skim the surface of something that requires deeper thought. Other tricky aspects in your chart are Chiron conjunct Ascendant and South Node conjunct both Ascendant and Chiron. I would advise you to research these more as you enter later adult life.

Astrologer Joseph

So the Mercury sqaure is to blame for some Moon related things...
I thought Moon at 0 was totally to blame regardless of other planets.

I do have problems with people in general, usually woman but not always. I work better with men. My sister is the only female I am close to, I get along with my mother but there's not much of a relationship. In the work place I can work with women but not for them. I have very little nurturing side, I am not interested in kids or family (I blame Saturn for this though, not Moon/Mercury).

The swinging back and forth from rational to emotional is very true. It makes things very difficult, sometimes I act out of emotion sometimes from logic. But no matter what, I always end up dissatisfied and go back in the other direction. It might not sound like much but it is very difficult, it negatively shapes my decision making which affects every part of my life. It's never ending and not just sixth house things but perhaps the ascendant is partly to blame.

thanks

ChevyD

0 degrees of a cardinal sign is an especially powerful point. Also known as the Aries point (though the name applies no less to Capricorn, Cancer, and Libra).

Since Moon is your chart ruler, it also has extra influence on your chart, and your life.

I have done some reading on the Aries point and critical degrees. It does explain why I am drawn to the moon. Critical degrees have great power and influence over the chart. From reading it appears that 0 degrees is the beginning of the energy/pure so it takes from what is around it. Moon being in Capricorn and square mercury screams difficult to me. Understanding this energy is the first step for me, perhaps I can figure out the best way to use it going forward in my life

thanks

ChevyD

zero degree moon varies

- because it's dependent on it's sign ruler location :smile:

in this specific chart
moon zero degree capricorn

and so moon is SATURN ruled
therefore
condition of natal SATURN is pivotal

Interesting because I consider Saturn's condition to be good. It is in own sign in 7th (7th not great for most but is ok for me, Saturn's blessing perhaps) So based on good Saturn how do I determine the Moons affect?

E.g Critical degree moon (powerful effects on chart but neither good nor bad) + moon in Capricorn sign (bad) + Saturn owner of Capricorn (good in chart) + mercury square to moon (bad) = ??

I am specifically interested in the moon placement because I believe it shapes all of my decisions regardless of other planet location due to it being critical degrees maybe..

Any advise on my analysis is appreciated :)

thanks

Edit: Forgot to say thanks for the Hellenistic post. Traditional astrology forum is likely where I will be posting going forward... :D

Last edited:

ChevyD

Another thing. Not many seem to have this moon placement.
Even reading online, I can't find many articles specifically about the moon at this degree. There's info on other planets but not the moon.

I thought as the moon moved so fast, many people would have a 0 degree moon placement... no?

ChevyD

I have a Capricorn moon at 0° in my 12H, any opinions on this placement?
Mine is in 6H (placidus). I find that moon is not limited to my 6H, it affects my whole chart.
Its problem for me in all areas of life not just 6H things. Is it the same for you in 12H?
I say its a problem, but the problems I get myself into always lead to something better..

I am very self-confident, not at all confident with others and have great difficulty with emotions. Can you relate at all?

AbhishekM

Mine is more horrific! I'm a Leo ascendant and I have Taurus moon at 00° 00' 05" Conjunction with Saturn(05°) and Jupiter(11°) in 10th house!

also my 10th house lord Venus( 21°) in conjunction with Rahu(00° 14' 27"), Mars( 02°) and Sun(09°) in 12th house.

& Mercury( 19°) in 11th house.

* Currently I'm in my 20's and my Rahu Mahadasha started in January2021.
* Life is full of sorrows and struggles. Can't even write down what I'm going through.
* If any suggestion please let me know.

IleneK

Premium Member
Mine is more horrific! I'm a Leo ascendant and I have Taurus moon at 00° 00' 05" Conjunction with Saturn(05°) and Jupiter(11°) in 10th house!

* Life is full of sorrows and struggles. Can't even write down what I'm going through.
Moon exalted in Taurus and exalting Saturn and Jupiter has its virtues. Much better than say Moon in Cap conjunct Sat in Cap.
You are young, dear one. Life continually changes and so will yours. Be kind to yourself.

ChevyD

also my 10th house lord Venus( 21°) in conjunction with Rahu(00° 14' 27"), Mars( 02°) and Sun(09°) in 12th house.

& Mercury( 19°) in 11th house.

Yes that is challenging.. Moon with Saturn (vish yoga) and Rahu with Venus.
Also Venus in Cancer and Moon in Taurus, sign exchange (Parivartan yoga) but with malefic Rahu and Saturn influence...

I think the zero degree adds power, and Rahu also shares this degree.

I have heard that if you can live more simple life, less material and more spiritual then this combination can be ok, its also very common combination in chart. You are not alone, I find a friend in vedic forum who shares moon placement with me. We talk about our experiences, and I think it helps to share.

My suggestion, post in vedic forum.. someone there could give more detailed analysis of the moon and maybe suggest remedies

AstrologyMangalBhawan

The Moon is an important planet in astrology and astrology and is an important factor for horoscope experts. When we make someone's horoscope, the position of his Moon also has special significance, and when the Moon is at 0 degrees, it becomes even more important.

What is a 0 degree moon? When the position of the Moon is at 0 degrees in a horoscope, it is known as 'Moon Chart'. This means that the Moon is in the first house of the person's horoscope. This is especially important for those born at the time of the eclipse, as it defines their natural temperament and the influence of their early days in life.

Effects of 0 Degree Moon Horoscope:

Natural Qualities:
Due to the Moon being at 0 degree in the horoscope, the natural qualities of the person are clearly and naturally manifested. These express the individual nature of the person and make his personal qualities prominent.

Strengths: Individuals with a 0 degree Moon chart have a particularly natural talent for strength. They are capable of tasks and struggle to achieve their goals.

Communication Skills: People with this type of Moon horoscope also have naturally good communication skills. They can communicate well with others and express their ideas clearly.

Health: People with 0 degree Moon horoscope also have good health. They remain physically and mentally healthy and can deal with diseases easily.

Therefore, the impact of a 0 degree Moon horoscope can be significant on a person's life. Keeping this in mind, a person has the ability to face difficulties to achieve his goals and can achieve success in his life. Moreover, it also affects the person's natural temperament and communication skills, which can be important in their personal and professional life.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChevyD

The Moon is an important planet in astrology and astrology and is an important factor for horoscope experts. When we make someone's horoscope, the position of his Moon also has special significance, and when the Moon is at 0 degrees, it becomes even more important.

What is a 0 degree moon? When the position of the Moon is at 0 degrees in a horoscope, it is known as 'Moon Chart'. This means that the Moon is in the first house of the person's horoscope. This is especially important for those born at the time of the eclipse, as it defines their natural temperament and the influence of their early days in life.

Effects of 0 Degree Moon Horoscope:

Natural Qualities:
Due to the Moon being at 0 degree in the horoscope, the natural qualities of the person are clearly and naturally manifested. These express the individual nature of the person and make his personal qualities prominent.

Strengths: Individuals with a 0 degree Moon chart have a particularly natural talent for strength. They are capable of tasks and struggle to achieve their goals.

Communication Skills: People with this type of Moon horoscope also have naturally good communication skills. They can communicate well with others and express their ideas clearly.

Health: People with 0 degree Moon horoscope also have good health. They remain physically and mentally healthy and can deal with diseases easily.

Therefore, the impact of a 0 degree Moon horoscope can be significant on a person's life. Keeping this in mind, a person has the ability to face difficulties to achieve his goals and can achieve success in his life. Moreover, it also affects the person's natural temperament and communication skills, which can be important in their personal and professional life.
Connect for more information.

I agree with all, except the communication skills.

My moon is square aspect to pisces mercury. My communication skills are terrible. I understand myself but that is about as far as it goes. I express my ideas, yet others don't seem understand.. eventually they do understand, but only when i can say HA I TOLD YOU SO. haha.

IRIS70

I agree with all, except the communication skills.

My moon is square aspect to pisces mercury. My communication skills are terrible. I understand myself but that is about as far as it goes. I express my ideas, yet others don't seem understand.. eventually they do understand, but only when i can say HA I TOLD YOU SO. haha.
With Mercury in Pisces square the Moon, no wonder there are misunderstandings and issues with your communication skills. In pisces, Mercury is in Detriment, the thought is often unclear, impractical, therefore there can be misunderstandings. Mercury in Pisces is idealistic, has no sense of reality and is also confusing, but may have great concentration skills and it does not mean that these people are not intelligent. With the Moon square, things get tougher when you try to make sense of your emotions and feelings and explain yourself to others, as you become subjective and your thought confused by emotions, so less objective and clear.
Things may improve with effort, though and experience. It is good to ask others if they understand what you say and try to explain yourself further, in more detail, so that others can follow your thought.
:)