Juno of one EXACTLY conjoined the IC of the other

Cypocryphy

Does anyone know antying about this? I never used asteroids or antying, but I could help but notice that her Juno is eexactly conjoined to my IC.

(1) Would you interprety this as my wanting ot marry her, (2) her wanting to marry me or (3)both wanting to marry each other? (PRovidined other areas are favorable

Note: This is not, at the moment, a situation that is calling for such a decision. It's more for my own curiosity.

Last edited:

waybread

A good rule for using asteroids is understand the majors before you turn to the minors. Do you understand what the major planets are telling you?

The 4th house rules the home. The 7th is the house of marriage.

mdinaz

Juno is not a "marriage" planet. It shows where someone gives up power or exerts power in order to maintain relationships. The aspects in her chart to Juno would tell more on how she deals with relationships, and how it would affect your home, if you were to share one.

Cypocryphy

Juno is not a "marriage" planet. It shows where someone gives up power or exerts power in order to maintain relationships. The aspects in her chart to Juno would tell more on how she deals with relationships, and how it would affect your home, if you were to share one.

Correction. Juno is not a planet. It is an asteroid. As to not an asteroid of marriage, you might find this informative. http://www.neptunecafe.com/Juno.html

mdinaz

The Sun isn't a planet either but we call it one for astrological purposes. I've been doing astrology for over 20 years. I don't need instruction from you. Juno is about RELATIONSHIPS, of which marriage is one. So are siblings. And parents and children. It shows how you manage and deal with relationships, whether you dominate, are submissive, or work together. And which of those you do can be completely different within a marriage as opposed to dealing with your friends or family. Being that her Juno is directly conjunct your IC shows that however she deals with relationships will have major bearing on how she deals with your home issues, whatever they are. The composite Juno will also tell a story that may be different than your individual story. We've all seen the guy who's a tough man in the business world and then goes home to be nagged to death by his wife.
[edited by request - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cypocryphy

Hahahaha. Sorry Mdinaz. I thought you were just messing with me. I'm not into asteroids, but everything I've ever read about it has made marriage one of its primary significations. I apologize if I offended you. :smile:

katydid

I guess everyone has their own varied opinions. When I first began to look at asteroids, I took a workshop from Maritha Pottenger. I am pretty sure it was about 30 years ago in San Diego. I think she was one of the pioneers, in the research upon asteroids in charts.

I just went and looked to see how she described Juno because from my memory, it was a romantic partnership type of indicator.

http://www.astrocom.com/astrology-products/books/juno-key-to-marriage-intimacy-partnership
Juno: Key to Marriage, Intimacy & Partnership
Maritha Pottenger

snip…..

Although Venus is usually considered the most important planet with regard to love and relationships, Juno operates as "The Marriage Asteroid" - providing a key to one's attitudes about love and the type of partner they will choose, as well as the timing of marriages and other committed relationships.

I am not trying to contradict you Mdinaz, not in any way. Maybe you are correct and I have been taught incorrect information. Just saying that there are credible astrologers/educators who do see Juno as a predictor of marriage.

waybread

Well, mdinaz-- I've been studying astrology for 25 years, and some here like Katydid have been working on it longer than that.... possibly we're the slow learners? :unsure:

I think asteroids can have meaning in a chart, but they have to be used carefully and with restraint. Especially when their meanings are up for debate.

Juno by Demetra George, in James R. Lewis, The Astrology Book. "In the hyman psyche Juno represents that aspect of each person's nature that feels the urge to unite with another person to build a future together in a committed relationship." This partnership requires a sustained commitment among two equals. An unhappy Juno in an unequal relationship experiences issues of "submission and domination, fidelity and infidelity, trust and deception, forgiveness and revenge." (George has more on this in her book Asteroid Goddesses.)

J. Lee Lehman in The Ultimate Asteroid Book refers to Juno as a significator of traditional marriage. Lehman found Juno to be highly relevant in a chart of a plane crash, suggesting that more broadly Juno may indicate a relationship (here, flight crew and passengers) where people "do not hold the key to power."

She also looks at other "love" asteroids like Amor, Psyche, and Sappho.

Trouble is, the more love asteroids we input, the more noise the chart seems to generate.

In ancient mythology Juno (Hera) was queen of the gods and she presided over traditional marriage. Unfortunately Jupiter (Zeus) was a big philanderer, and Juno was sometimes extremely jealous of her rivals, to the point of taking revenge on them.

I think it's worthwhile considering whether Juno in the 7th, for example, indicates someone strongly attracted to conventional marriage. Juno on the 4th might indicate someone longing for a conventional home life that comes with marriage. But it would sort of depend on what else is going on in the chart.

I use a very narrow orb for asteroids touching an angle; but if they conjunct a planet I would expand it a bit to allow for the planet's own orb.

mdinaz

Correction. Juno is not a planet. It is an asteroid. As to not an asteroid of marriage, you might find this informative. http://www.neptunecafe.com/Juno.html

Well, mdinaz-- I've been studying astrology for 25 years, and some here like Katydid have been working on it longer than that.... possibly we're the slow learners? :unsure:

I think asteroids can have meaning in a chart, but they have to be used carefully and with restraint. Especially when their meanings are up for debate.

Juno by Demetra George, in James R. Lewis, The Astrology Book. "In the hyman psyche Juno represents that aspect of each person's nature that feels the urge to unite with another person to build a future together in a committed relationship." This partnership requires a sustained commitment among two equals. An unhappy Juno in an unequal relationship experiences issues of "submission and domination, fidelity and infidelity, trust and deception, forgiveness and revenge." (George has more on this in her book Asteroid Goddesses.)

J. Lee Lehman in The Ultimate Asteroid Book refers to Juno as a significator of traditional marriage. Lehman found Juno to be highly relevant in a chart of a plane crash, suggesting that more broadly Juno may indicate a relationship (here, flight crew and passengers) where people "do not hold the key to power."

She also looks at other "love" asteroids like Amor, Psyche, and Sappho.

Trouble is, the more love asteroids we input, the more noise the chart seems to generate.

In ancient mythology Juno (Hera) was queen of the gods and she presided over traditional marriage. Unfortunately Jupiter (Zeus) was a big philanderer, and Juno was sometimes extremely jealous of her rivals, to the point of taking revenge on them.

I think it's worthwhile considering whether Juno in the 7th, for example, indicates someone strongly attracted to conventional marriage. Juno on the 4th might indicate someone longing for a conventional home life that comes with marriage. But it would sort of depend on what else is going on in the chart.

I use a very narrow orb for asteroids touching an angle; but if they conjunct a planet I would expand it a bit to allow for the planet's own orb.

And I've being doing it for 21 years. So I'm glad the measuring contest is over.

Everyone here quotes what somebody else said. I don't care what anyone else in the past said. I focus on what works and what has worked for my clients. Juno is about relationships. For many people seeking astrological advice, that relationship that is most important is usually marriage or some major love relationship. But there are many relationships in life and where you learn how to deal with them starts early in life - your parents, siblings, friends, etc. Nobody is born an adult and their first relationship in life being a marriage. Juno is there from day one, and it affects you from day one, not just in marriage - just like any other planet or point affects you from day one, not just after you get married.

If Juno is in your 7th house or on the DSC, then yes, how you deal with intimate relationships like marriage will be prominent in your life. If it's in the 4th, then how your mother and your home affects you will be more prominent in your life and may overshadow your marriages - we've all seen the guy who's married but ignores his wife and his mother still runs his life. The aspects to Juno will also indicate these sorts of things.

Now, TRANSITING Juno may indicate comings and goings and drama with regards to love interests and marriage. I've gone through my lists of major relationships and many of them started (the day we first met, the day we first got together, etc) when transiting Juno was conjunct the DSC, conjunct natal Juno, directly opposite natal Juno, conjunct the Vertex, exactly trine Pluto, and so on (that's directly from my own list). Aspects TO Juno don't seem to be relevant, only transiting Juno against other planets and points.

Personally, I only deal with the major 4 asteroids - Juno, Pallas, Ceres, and Vesta - along with other points and chunks of rock, like Chiron, Vertex, Eastern Point, sometimes Lilith. I can't comment on Sappho and all that, I've never used them or tried to use them. But I've used the above for many years with great success, as reported to me by my clients and through my own research. Whether someone else reported on it years ago is completely irrelevant to me.

mdinaz

I should have added that I keep the orbs narrow for asteroids - less than 2 degrees in the natal chart and 1 degree for transits. As you said, if it is conjunct Sun or Moon or a major angle I might allow a little more, depends on the chart.

katydid

The querent asked what it means that her Juno was conjunct his IC. His IC represents deepest hidden emotions, hopes wishes and dreams, childhood memories. Her Juno sitting there might mean that they share some hopes, wishes, dreams and could be compatible emotionally.

Cypocryphy

The querent asked what it means that her Juno was conjunct his IC. His IC represents deepest hidden emotions, hopes wishes and dreams, childhood memories. Her Juno sitting there might mean that they share some hopes, wishes, dreams and could be compatible emotionally.

Hey! Thank you, Katy! :smile:

waybread

And I've being doing it for 21 years. So I'm glad the measuring contest is over.

Everyone here quotes what somebody else said. I don't care what anyone else in the past said. I focus on what works and what has worked for my clients. Juno is about relationships. For many people seeking astrological advice, that relationship that is most important is usually marriage or some major love relationship. But there are many relationships in life and where you learn how to deal with them starts early in life - your parents, siblings, friends, etc. Nobody is born an adult and their first relationship in life being a marriage. Juno is there from day one, and it affects you from day one, not just in marriage - just like any other planet or point affects you from day one, not just after you get married.

I am happy to post my ideas about asteroids, mdinaz, which go far beyond Juno. But surely this isn't an anti-intellectual response from you. We should all be reading the best astrology we can find from really good published astrologers, not thinking we know it all. I am an amateur and do not count "clients," as I could not imagine taking money for the work that I do. But I have read hundreds of charts for people here and at Astrodienst.

If Juno is in your 7th house or on the DSC, then yes, how you deal with intimate relationships like marriage will be prominent in your life. If it's in the 4th, then how your mother and your home affects you will be more prominent in your life and may overshadow your marriages - we've all seen the guy who's married but ignores his wife and his mother still runs his life. The aspects to Juno will also indicate these sorts of things.
A 4th house Juno can also indicate someone who wants her own home in the conventional sense of marriage, family, and home: the whole package.

Now, TRANSITING Juno may indicate comings and goings and drama with regards to love interests and marriage. I've gone through my lists of major relationships and many of them started (the day we first met, the day we first got together, etc) when transiting Juno was conjunct the DSC, conjunct natal Juno, directly opposite natal Juno, conjunct the Vertex, exactly trine Pluto, and so on (that's directly from my own list). Aspects TO Juno don't seem to be relevant, only transiting Juno against other planets and points.
I've been married 2x for a total of nearly 40 years. Some of us have all kinds of Juno comings and goings, but it doesn't change the status of our marriage.

Personally, I only deal with the major 4 asteroids - Juno, Pallas, Ceres, and Vesta - along with other points and chunks of rock, like Chiron, Vertex, Eastern Point, sometimes Lilith. I can't comment on Sappho and all that, I've never used them or tried to use them. But I've used the above for many years with great success, as reported to me by my clients and through my own research. Whether someone else reported on it years ago is completely irrelevant to me.
I must have misunderstood you, mdinaz. Arguably Chiron is a chunk of rock but it does have properties of a comet. The vertex, east point, and BML (not the asteroid) are sensitive points with no "rock chunks" associated with them.

You might consider "keeping up with the literature." Some of us like to keep learning new things. There are some really interesting astrologers out there who are publishing new work. Demetra George, cited above, has a new book out that combines traditional western astrology with her long term work on asteroids.

In consideration of the OP, I have had some interesting results working with "namesake" asteroids. Not everybody has a name identical with an asteroid, but for people who do, including cognates in different languages, they can have remarkable results in synastry of two people who truly are in a committed relationship. (It's OK to use the same core name in different languages. For example, my husband's English name is not an asteroid name, but his German cognate name asteroid conjuncts my sun. In traditional astrology, the sun is one indicator of a woman's husband. We have a German surname and ancestry.) Asteroid Hilary conjuncts Bill Clinton's moon. I can provide additional examples.

waybread

I should have added that I keep the orbs narrow for asteroids - less than 2 degrees in the natal chart and 1 degree for transits. As you said, if it is conjunct Sun or Moon or a major angle I might allow a little more, depends on the chart.

I wouldn't allow more than a degree for an angle. An angle has no orb. It is only an imaginary point or line. Asteroids cast light or they wouldn't be observable with telescopes but most of them are so tiny that giving them a wide orb would only obscure the real "news" of the chart.

I also pretty much stick with the conjunction. Once we start looking at other aspects, you can pretty much make the chart say what you want it to mean. I don't consider asteroid-to-asteroid relationships unless they are conjunct at the same degree.

Cypocryphy

Thank you Waybread for the added information. :smile: I have some follow up questions but think I'm going to wait on that. It's premature at the moment, and I think that sometimes its best not to get to into what might be in a potential love relation. It often can be debilitating in some instances.

Blue Lioness

Dear all,
I found this thread really interesting. Juno is a subject of interest to me, since it's pretty close to my ASC.

If you don't mind, I would like to make a question regarding Juno.

I am Cancer rising conjunct Juno and I recently met a girl Pluto rising conjunct Juno, and I ended up falling in love with her. In our composite chart, we have Ascendant conjunct Juno. The first day we met, Sun transit was conjunct our Composite Sun, and Juno transit was conjunct our ASC/Juno conjunction. There are no disharmonious aspects with this ASC/Juno conjunction in our composite.

So, what's with all this Juno positions? I'm not asking about marriage, because we've been having a hard time trying to remain friends, because I want to stay with her, but she seems uncertain about it.
But what would mean an ASC/Juno conjunction in composite chart? And with that Juno transit... (We also have some interesting placements with Amor - my Amor conjunct my DC/her Moon, and her Amor conjunct my ASC/Moon/Juno).

I woud appreciate any help. :)

Last edited:

katydid

Dear all,
I found this thread really interesting. Juno is a subject of interest to me, since it's pretty close to my ASC.

If you don't mind, I would like to make a question regarding Juno.

I am Cancer rising conjunct Juno and I recently met a girl Pluto rising conjunct Juno, and I ended up falling in love with her. In our composite chart, we have Ascendant conjunct Juno. The first day we met, Sun transit was conjunct our Composite Sun, and Juno transit was conjunct our ASC/Juno conjunction. There are no disharmonious aspects with this ASC/Juno conjunction in our composite.

So, what's with all this Juno positions? I'm not asking about marriage, because we've been having a hard time trying to remain friends, because I want to stay with her, but she seems uncertain about it.
But what would mean an ASC/Juno conjunction in composite chart? And with that Juno transit... (We also have some interesting placements with Amor - my Amor conjunct my DC, and her Amor conjunct my ASC).

I woud appreciate any help. :)

I think your situation illustrates something that I have always believed. Juno and Amor are powerful and captivating archetypes and can indeed be the icing on the cake. But I don't think they can override the basics, like Mars/Saturn/Pluto aspects to the personals. Without powerful beneficial aspects, like trines and sextiles between them , or with too many malicious detrimentals, that cake will not rise and the icing will be meaningless. :sideways:

Cypocryphy

But what would mean an ASC/Juno conjunction in composite chart? And with that Juno transit... (We also have some interesting placements with Amor - my Amor conjunct my DC, and her Amor conjunct my ASC).

With your ascendant/ Juno in composite, it means that you have a natural togetherness between you, although polarization is possible. Issues of separation versus sharing may arise. Balancing personal self-expression with the necessary compromises of a relationship is a challenge. Beauty or appearances become a focus for you. (Pottenger) Problems with this will be that one partner is too demanding, while the other is always trying to accommodate. One moves away and the other chases. On the positive side, you do get on well and like pleasing one another. Shared beauty and pleasure bond you. You two are affectionate to one another.

The Juno transit will activate this situation.

Hope this helps.

Blue Lioness

I think your situation illustrates something that I have always believed. Juno and Amor are powerful and captivating archetypes and can indeed be the icing on the cake. But I don't think they can override the basics, like Mars/Saturn/Pluto aspects to the personals. Without powerful beneficial aspects, like trines and sextiles between them , or with too many malicious detrimentals, that cake will not rise and the icing will be meaningless. :sideways:

Hey there Katydid. Thank your for your reply!

Icing, really? How so?
Wel.. in our synastry, there are: Mars bi-quintile Pluto, Mars trine Saturn and Pluto quintile Saturn. Also, her Scorpio rising conjunct my Pluto, and her Mars conjunct my Eros/MC in Aries. We also have double Mars-Venus sextile. Her Sun also conjunct my ASC/Moon, but our Moons are opposed to each other. We also have something interesting regarding Sun-Moon midpoints... my midpoint conjunct her MC, and her midpoint opposes to my Mars, square my ASC/Moon. Does any of this could be enough to break the ice?