Anyone an aficionado with relationship astrology?

Cypocryphy

I was wondering if someone can give me their take on a synastry reading. There are some aspects that I am unsure as to how they'd play out. Perhaps someone could help?

I'm concerned about a square to a particular planet. I'm also interested in how much weight to give to the nodes if there is no conjunction.

Any general assessment is appreciate. I'm interested in other views. Non-subjective views, that is. :whistling:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I was wondering if someone can give me their take on a synastry reading. There are some aspects that I am unsure as to how they'd play out.

Perhaps someone could help?

I'm concerned about a square to a particular planet.
I'm also interested in how much weight to give to the nodes if there is no conjunction.

Any general assessment is appreciate.

I'm interested in other views. Non-subjective views, that is. :whistling:
With the proviso that I'm no expert and very briefly
Sun Gemini sextile Sun Aries - that's good
If those Moons are Cancer and Sagittarius,
then they are Disjunct - that's not good
Cancer ascendant and Scorpio ascendant are in trine aspect - that's good
:smile:

muchacho

P.S. I think her Moon is in Capricorn rather than Sagittarius. Earth and Water bring flowers, so maybe it's overall good? :smile:
Absolutely right, Moons are in opposite signs, which means highly complementary.

Apart from that, (using whole sign houses) he triggers her 1st, 5th and 12th. She triggers his 3rd, 6th and 9th. Which means if we are talking about a love relationship then the relationship means much more to her than to him. To her the relationship is about personal, romantic and spiritual topics, to him the relationship is more about practical everyday matters and abstract principles.

JUPITERASC

Hey JA! Long time no see. :smile:

First, thanks for the input!
Hey Cypocryphy no probs :smile:

Second, I didn't take into consideration the elemental aspect of the ascendant.
I am trying to determine her actual birth time to affirm where the horizon and midheaven are.
I developed a questionnaire that should help with that, but we haven't gotten together to go over it yet.
Slams on brakes, leaps out of vehicle, dives into nearest astrological library, reads a few books, says:

"uh oh without an actual birth time a synastry chart is dodgy territory"
i.e. theoretical

In regard to her career, it's made it difficult,
although my gut feeling is that she is indeed a cancer rising and Pisces MC.
It better explains her intense interest and participation in buddhism. But I have been wrong about these things, so I shall see . . . .
hmmmm gut feelings are often on track
but we need more than that for a synastry chart reading

The thing that worries me the most is that hard aspect of my Saturn to her Sun.
I am hoping that is merely reflected in our age difference,
and possibly our being in different stages of life, in some sense (at least in regard to career).
I would hate to think that I'm going to restrict or hurt her spirit,
especially with her Sun being anaretic, in the realm of Saturn.
I think that her sun being there partly explains the waffling with career identity.

I sometimes wonder whether it's better to have the lights square each other than to have a soft harmonic/aspect.
It seems to be that it's better this way when there are other favorable aspects that assuage that strong contact.
Hmmmm......
That's a variable in synastry, dependent on other factors

JUPITERASC

Also, if anyone can tell me why I'm having problems taking this platonic relationship to the next level, please don't hesitate.

It really is doing my head in . . . .
I have no clue regarding that particular conundrum :smile:

HOWEVER

IF her Mars is in 12th
then your Sun and Venus conjunction
is in her 12th house
furthermore
even if time of birth is out and she has another ascendant

nevertheless
your Sun and Venus are conjunct her Mars

and
are oppose her natal Saturn
as well as
square her Pisces Venus

and so briefly
that = many challenges

JUPITERASC

Hey JA :smile:

Right. She's adamant about 9:30 a.m.
but we all know that the odds are that the time's been rounded. I suppose I could rectify it but I'd need a lot of her personal information, which I don't have. But going off of appearance, she has a lunar countenance. You'd almost think she has Scorpio somewhere.

I also think that she wouldn't have made the life choices she has without a Piscean midheaven. But I agree with you in regard to the dogginess of predicting. Yet, by just look at aspects without the angles, I can still get an accurate, albeit general, picture of the ability to get on with another.
Hey it's good she is adamant re: 9:30 am because then
at least there is a ballpark
albeit odds are
rounded up or down :smile:

katydid

Also, if anyone can tell me why I'm having problems taking this platonic relationship to the next level, please don't hesitate. It really is doing my head in . . . .

There is a very powerful dynamic in these charts: The double whammy of Sun conjunct Chiron. Your Chiron conjuncts her Sun and her Mars Conjuncst your Sun, with Chiron close alongside.

I think it is a very important theme in your relationship. You can heal each other. I think it somewhat answers your question about your difficulty in taking this friendship to another level. I kind of get it but am not sure I can explain it clearly. It goes something like this, perhaps:

Your Chiron/Sun connections make you exceedingly, close, intimate friends. It is a very deep and powerful bond that allows you to see each others wounds and weaknesses. You each bring a healing salve to each other, like a missing piece of the puzzle in terms of understanding what each person needs. It is like a karmic bond and sense of deep indebtedness. So even though you have this nice , lusty Mars/Venus conjunction, which makes you both attracted physically you each other----that Chiron gaping wound kind of holds things back. In some ways it is 'bigger' than a physical , romantic connection. So it might be hard to take it there?

Also, your Neptune opposes her Mars. Her Mars is where she allows male sexual energy to 'be' in her life. Having your Venus there is perfect for gearing up that sexual connection with her. :love:But the opposition from Neptune makes it nebulous, confusing. :alien:One receives and sends double messages, confusing messages about what they want physically, sexually. It is like a higher level of vibration that you two are interacting upon and the physical plane is weakened somehow? Or diluted.

I see a very strong spiritual vibration between you both. And an ethereal love. And it could be a nice physical romantic partnership. But I think you need to get real clear directives or decisions from her about that part. Your Pluto conjunct her South Node and it's opposition to her Mercury/Jupiter require a depth of clarity about her expectations and desires before you take any actions.

Pluto /South Node says you might have been 'extremely close' in past incarnations, and feel that same sense of intimacy quite naturally. But are you supposed to repeat the patterns or not? That seems to be the issue.

JUPITERASC

Hahaha. It is an conundrum. And I always have this 12th house issue in a lot of my relationships. I do find the Mars Sun/Venus conjunction (and perfect to the midpoint, I believe) to be favorable, at least in one sense.

I'll have to look at the chart again, but I'm assuming that you're looking at signs opposing with aspect and not using harmonics.
Harmonically, with tighter orbs (relatively), the only hard aspect is . . . well, actually, I don't think there is one.
There's a tight trine with my Moon; there's a tight sextile to my Mercury; there's a quintile to my Venus, a septile to my Jupiter, a trine to my Saturn. That seems auspicious, overall. :unsure:
Nevertheless
natal promise of each individual cannot be overlooked
:smile:
Individual challenges of individual natal charts
are not cancelled out by harmonics of synastry

and in any event
to assesses ascendant synastry is impossible
due to dodgy time of birth uncertainty

katydid

WoW, Katydid! What nice feedback! I need to digest this for a moment and then give you feedback. Wow!

I was not clear about some of the aspects because I can't see the exact degrees of the planets. I am not good at figuring it out from the placement without seeing the table or the exact degrees listed.

katydid

Thanks for the table. It confirms for me that the aspects I thought I saw were valid. There is a strong Chiron/Sun double whammy, and a Pluto/Node double whammy. [ Pluto/N Node and Pluto/So Node. ]

Strong karmic connections and foundation from past and a need to continue in this lifetime, as the Pluto No Node indicates to me. It is not finished yet but there is baggage from the past buried within. :sideways:

katydid

Erasing it is fine. I am glad you posted it though. It helps clarify the Chiron/Suns and the Neptune/Mars opposition and the Nodes/Pluto double whammy.

Earlier when I looked at her chart one of the first things I noted was her chart type= SEE SAW. And it seems she is always up and down, back and forth, trying to balance her 5th/7th desires and her 10th/12th needs. Your chart lines right up perfectly so you get taken along for the ride. I don't think she means to make it a bumpy ride. But she sincerely has no idea which way to turn sometimes.

I think I also noted that she had a short attention span and was sometimes inconsistent, due to lack of fixed energy. She has the See Saw and it is mostly cardinal and mutable energy. Lots of great plans and ideas with no follow through.

Your Pluto is 2 degrees from her South node, and her Pluto is 3 degrees from your North Node.

Your Pluto conjuncts her South node in Libra in her 5th. And her Pluto in her 5th, is conjunct your North Node. So you can really teach her valuable lessons about relationships and heart and core issues. If she can finally give you the opportunity.

But that Neptune of yours, opposing the Mars/Venus conjunction you share together, is going to continue to be confusing and frustrating, most likely. You are going to have to directly ask her to make her intentions/desires understood.

Last edited:

muchacho

Oh, one last thing, and I hate to ask as I've taken up a lot of your time, but what do you think is going on in her head? You think that I'm just a passing interest? Is she scared?

I'm just going to leave this up here over night to see if someone might have some insight that would prove helpful.
Wow, thanks for your very detailed feedback. I don't have time to read that now but what just occurred to me is the difference in age and I think you should take a look at certain periods of life and how they are ruled by certain planets which direct our main focus in life towards the typical topics they rule, e.g. Moon (age 0-7), Mercury (age 7-15), Venus (age 15-24), Sun (age 24-34), Mars (age 34-45) etc...

muchacho

Yeah. You bet. :smile: Sorry for making it so long but just wanted to give as good a picture as I could. That's a good point to. She's definitely looking for her identity, and I'm trying to actualize my identity. But in another sense, neither of us have been married, no kids, nothing like that. I'm very young at heart. Anyway . . .
Okay, I've finally read it and I find it very clarifying. I've got a very simple explanation for what's happening here. But it makes only really sense if you use sidereal charts. Then your Moons are in a semi-sextile and your Suns are inconjunct - the 'worst' aspects you can ever have. Here's why: your Sun would be Taurus and her Sun would be Aries. Aries and Taurus are absolutely incompatible. Your Moon is in Cancer and her Moon is in Sagittarius. That's not so bad as the semi-sextile but worse than an opposition or a square. Your ASC would be in Libra and her ASC in Gemini. So that at least is harmonious. Now, this doesn't mean that this relationship can't work out somehow, but if you want it to work out, it requires a certain degree of awareness of what's going on for both of you because you have totally different habits and ways of going about your life. That may be fascinating in the beginning, but you are going to annoy each other sooner or later if there's no mutual understanding of how the other is wired. So, you are in for a lot of contrast and it's certainly not going to get boring. With her Moon and Neptune/Uranus in the same house, you can expect more strange and unexpected and explainable behavior from her which may be a little hard on your Moon with Saturn because you rather like it stable and predictable.

Another thing to keep in mind is your Moon conjunct Saturn. This explains your approach to intimate relationships quite accurately, that you are unsure, that you like to play it safe and that things are developing very slowly with lots of setbacks. Also, your Moon and Saturn are in your 10th House, which means intimate relationships could affect your career or your career could affect your intimate relationships. The Moon/Saturn aspect could also explain why you feel responsible for and take care of your family/relatives and how it affects your career.

It's also not odd that she gave you that book with her 'secrets' in it so readily, because the Aries and Sagittarius can't really keep secrets. What you see is what you get. That's a good thing, actually. So you don't have to rack your brain about what's going on in her head anymore. You don't have to read between the lines. It should be all out in the open. Which brings me to my last point: you are definitely overthinking it!

Good luck anyway and remember that conscious thought trumps everything, always!

ETA: forgot to mention that she triggers your 7th (spouse)!

Last edited:

muchacho

Also, I was wondering, what's your success rate with sidereal vs tropical in synastry? I messed around with sidereal but it ruined my interpretations. They because really inaccurate. Maybe that's not the case with you? Kind of curious as to your opinion.

I fully switched to sidereal. If you play around with sidereal vs tropical then you should always do a full reading and consider the entire chart and not just look at let's say if Sun in Gemini or Sun in Taurus (like in your case) sounds and feels more accurate because very often the same energy patterns show up in different places and combinations and when you synthesize the chart it doesn't make much of a difference. I've found that sidereal and tropical will agree to about 2/3 on average. The remaining 1/3 is usually interesting. Often it's not important but if there are ASC, Moon or Sun involved, then this can tip the balance of the entire chart significantly, like in your case.

That makes a lot of sense. I can see that, to be honest (honest with myself). I definitely like stable and predictable. Actually, let me rephrase that. I like the unpredictable to occur predictably, if that makes sense. That way it's fun, too.
Yes, makes sense. You don't like it to rock your world.

I'm really concerned about my Saturn square her Sun. That's a huge, tight contact. It's massive. It can be bad. It's the 10 year age difference, for sure, but am I going to start falling into the roll of father or the administrator of her life? I'm going to consciously avoid that. I would hate someone to do that to me.
I don't think it's such a big issue. We are talking about intimate relationships, which means Moon has priority, Sun doesn't matter that much. I'd worry more about the difference in energy patterns and basic everyday habits based on your Moons in totally different signs than age gap and aspects. Cultural aspects can be worked out, basic energy aspects are a bit more difficult to handle.

mdinaz

I was wondering if someone can give me their take on a synastry reading. There are some aspects that I am unsure as to how they'd play out. Perhaps someone could help?

I'm concerned about a square to a particular planet. I'm also interested in how much weight to give to the nodes if there is no conjunction.

Any general assessment is appreciate. I'm interested in other views. Non-subjective views, that is. :whistling:

I'd be more concerned about her moon making no aspects to your personal planets and your moon making two, one a hard square to her Sun. Not a great start. The Mercury's go back and forth, but next area of concern is the hard square of her Pluto to your Leo Mars - she will try to control you in some manner and your self-centered fiery Mars won't like it, and with the lack of Moon aspects and the Suns being semisquare, there's no real outlet. You'll do the same thing back with your Pluto square her Moon/Neptune conjunction. That'll be fun. Sure you two can hop in the sack but seriously, that wears off after a bit. The composite chart might tell a different story (sometimes people are better as a couple than as platonic friends, and vicey versey) but the synastry isn't that great. As for Chiron, it can show where you two can help each other, sure - it can also show where you push each other's buttons with really intensely personal nasty stuff - and with the Pluto/Mars and Pluto/Moon stuff, it will likely be the latter.

mdinaz

I've been specializing in composite charts for a very long time. "Agreement by sign" in my opinion sounds nice, but is not enough. The personal planets are the most important, particularly the Sun, Moon and Venus when it comes to long term companionship. This chart in comparison doesn't have it. The composite may be better, I always use the two together. Sometimes people work as a couple but not as friends, and vice versa (make great friends and a lousy couple). Some people work either way.

Cypocryphy

Incidentally, her Moon is in opposition to my Sun/Moon midpoint. I forgot to mention that. (Sun/Moon = :moon:)

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

One other thing. Her :moon: forms a bi-quintile to my :venus: (bi-quintile = energy that can be romantic, playful and demonstrative.) And of course, there is the strong :sextile: to my ascendant from her :moon:

muchacho

What I'm kind of curious about now is the asteroid Juno. I saw some study (not sure how good it is) that Juno is heavily involved in relationships, especially marriage. Her Juno is exactly on my IC. I wonder what the significance of that is?
Yes, Juno is allegedly about relationships, relationships among equals. What I've read about it sounds mostly like a different version of Venus. But I haven't done any research on that. IMO, we still haven't really mastered the outers, so asteroids aren't really something I would look into at the moment.