Equal house or Placidus?

RockFish

Yes, I never really said that aloud, but I do want to become a myth of the 21st century and rule the world with my iron fist. :devil::whistling:

:wink::wink:

starlink

"In Equal, the square between Saturn and your Neptune in the 6th
Rockfish, there is no natal square between those two, however there is a square between Neptune and Jupiter in 9. This could also show a desillusion in terms of studies. But maybe you talked about the transit of Saturn squaring Neptune right now? However around September tr.Saturn was going over byjove's Moon, opposing his Mercury, inconjuncting his Sun and squaring natal Saturn, then Uranus. This all together could have caused the "crushed dreams" experience.

I was also looking at Venus. Venus shows what we just LOVE, and it is in the 9th in Placidus and Whole house. It is in the 8th in Equal. Then I saw that byJove wrote that
this is the first year I've not studied since I was five..
and that to me sounds very very nine'th house! and admitting that his dreams of studying being crushed, also a very strong indication of how important studying is for him. The Sun shows how one expresses oneself after all.

RockFish

But maybe you talked about the transit of Saturn squaring Neptune right now?

Yep!

However around September tr.Saturn was going over byjove's Moon, opposing his Mercury, inconjuncting his Sun and squaring natal Saturn, then Uranus.

And in Placidus, ByJove's Moon is in the 3rd, and a transit to that Moon would have a troublesome effect on Jove's studies too, although Saturn was nearer Moon around august. By September, Saturn was already 5 degrees apart from Moon, but approaching the opposition to Mercury, which would ALSO cause disruption in the study department.

SIGH! I want to be sure! How frustrating.

PS.: I just noticed I made a mistake, in this part:

In your case Saturn is squaring Neptune in your 7th, which may point to some tension between family and your romantic partners and desires. It's possible that you are feeling that your family and lovers just wouldn't mix well together, or your family simply wouldn't get the kind of person you want to be with. In Placidus, that is.

Not in Placidus, in Whole house system! In Placidus ByJove's Neptune is also in the 6th house.

byjove

Account Closed
This sounds scarily as Saturn in the 3rd configuration. :wink:

You say you had to stop studying around September. In Equal House system your 3rd house begins in 27-28 Virgo; Saturn got in your 3rd in the beginning of october, and is still opposing Mercury and Jupiter in the 9th to this day, restricting your movements and studying processes.......

This is VERY interesting. I might take a better look at my Equal House chart. In the Equal House chart, I have Pluto in the cusp of the 10th house, and ME LIKES DAT!!! :whistling::biggrin:

OK so...let me try and get my head around this...RockFish, you think Equal shows better what's been going on with my life, especially looking at TR Saturn? I did spend MONTHS looking at every detail, just refreshing now, and in Equal, TR Saturn just enters the 3rd, opposing Mercury conjunct MC (ruler of my 3rd). OK, that seems to work. But, would TR Saturn in the 4th (Palcidus, Whole) mean new responsibilities/lessons at home, difficulties there? And can I ask, what exactly are you planning to do to this world, when you reach the top??! (I'm not quite sure whether to send you my CV to work on your team, or round up some anarchists :rightful:) LOL

OK, and Starlink, you say that everything points to an emphasis on the 9th, and does that mean Placidus/Whole Venus in the 9th, or Equal Jupiter in the 9th? Hmm.

There is some good debate going on here, and I'm glad that we're able to match events with the astrology, and yes, it helps address the Equal/Placidus thread title. Wuhoo!

RockFish

OK so...let me try and get my head around this...RockFish, you think Equal shows better what's been going on with my life, especially looking at TR Saturn? I did spend MONTHS looking at every detail, just refreshing now, and in Equal, TR Saturn just enters the 3rd, opposing Mercury conjunct MC (ruler of my 3rd). OK, that seems to work.

Indeed, at first glance, what you said about the present school situation is a strong 3rd house theme, but in Placidus the school situation is also present, as Starlink pointed, so, I'm lost, as always, when the topic is house system....

But, would TR Saturn in the 4th (Palcidus, Whole) mean new responsibilities/lessons at home, difficulties there?

Totally. When Saturn enters 4th house, you may experience very strong effects on family matters, problems in the family, conflict, or any other life-changing event in the family. Being pressured in the family, having trouble with a specific family member, taking responsibilities... With Saturn in the 4th, we have to think of family issues a lot...

And can I ask, what exactly are you planning to do to this world, when you reach the top??!

I'll play the Devil's advocate. :innocent::innocent::innocent:

Seriously, I would like to have a transformative effect on the world, and that's very Pluto in the 10th, although the effect I felt so far was me being transformed and changing careers every six months..... :crying:

byjove

Account Closed
If we use Byjove's data for Whole House, his chart remains unchanged from the latitude at which he was born all the way down to a latitude close to the equator. The AC will fall in different places in the 1st house, since the AC changes with latitude, but the houses themselves do not.

Equal House at least keeps planets close to the AC and DC in the same houses as Placidus and other house systems. The weakness there is that two people born with the same AC but at slightly different times and latitudes can also have identical looking charts except for where the MC falls, which will be different.

The advantage of house systems such as Placidus is that only two people born at the exact same latitude will have the same AC and MC on any given day, and a difference in longitude will "rotate" the planets (mostly the Moon) so that no two charts will be exactly the same.

So, Gaer, has the discussion on this thread helped answer your question in any way? Have the points brought out here helped you make decisions in your chart? :smile:

starlink

Byjove, there is also of course the Solar Arc method which is pretty exact as far as I have seen so far. Just concentrating on the MC and Ascendant, look for exact aspects which should be there at a time that something extremely important or upsetting happened to you. Doing this I actually dont know which MC to use in the Equal House method, but the Asc. you can use. Have you tried that?

byjove

Account Closed
Hi Starlink,

yep I've tried Solar Arcs, I remember Saturn about 3 degrees from opposing my MC and also exactly opposing Uranus, which was 3 degrees from my MC. But 3 degrees is too far for transits, and it was that very week that it all collapsed.

Nothing else significant is happening via transits. Odd stuff, I fully expected it all to appear, but it doesn't. I'd even begin to reconsider birth time, but I won't open that here. Saturn rules my 7th and Uranus my 8th, so their opposition at that time was affecting the wrong houses. :andy:

Last edited:

starlink

Solar Arcs, contrary to transits or progressions should be totally exact. OK, a few minutes maybe, but for the rest it must be an exact aspect. Also take in a account that you were born in April, so if the aspect is exact, in say 1°, then count one more year for the event to take place. Birth between September and March dont need this.
Now I see for example that your SA Mercury was conjuncting your natal MC (if this is the one) when you were almost one year old and at the same time SA Uranus was making a square, also at around 1 year of age, to natal Mercury. Do you know of some event at that time? Some hospital stay maybe due to an illness?

byjove

Account Closed
I don't believe there was anything to do with sickness/hospitals at 1 years old. Yeah, I remember going through this detail by detail, focus on aspects to the AC and MC, then branch into planets. Around 2-5ish, that's wide I know, but I can double check, I had a major accident as a kid. I was EXTREMELY mischievious :devil: when a kid, and was playing on my own upstairs, and managed to fall out the top window of the house :crying:. Amazingly, damage was little, mostly because being that young my bones weren't connected, so none broke, chipped teeth though.

Under Placidus, the Solar Arc says my natal moon conjunct IC at roughly 10 years, I'm being rough here. What's that? I didn't move house at eight...which is one of the more likely occurances, no? I did move house at 7.5 years though, I know the day even. So that's a possible indication of incorrect birthtime, no? But to double check, to continue, Neptune conjuncts DC at 19 years old if I leave my birth time at 12.04. That seems about right regarding relationships. Illusions, deception, mirrors etc. Also, Venus should have conjuncted MC at roughly 12, with unaltered time of 12.04. My parents can't see any effect on family life then; including 'benefits' at work etc. Hmm :tongue:

starlink

Yes, rectifying is a very tedious job. You need two pair of eyes LOL! Now that major accident you wrote about, any transit to the Ascendant from Mars or progr. Mars? in combi with a SA direction, although, if you say you did not brake anything , nor had an operation, then maybe it could have been a Saturn transit.

if I leave my birth time at 12.04. That seems about right regarding relationships. Illusions, deception, mirrors etc.
Yes, but I think we have to look for an upsetting situation, some occurence, or did all this happen just in that one year?

byjove

Account Closed
Well that year was a big year for relationships, and yes, I seemed to attract partners who lied, cheated etc.

It's difficult to nail down an accurate time for the childhood accident, so I think I'd better off with the SA Moon conjunct IC, no?

kbell

I feel that Placidus works well for me, though if I use equal house, 3 of my planets move house. Pluto goes from 10th to 11th and I feel it's best suited as 10th. Also Jupiter goes from 3rd to 4th in equal and I have many siblings (there's 7 of us) and I"m big on communication. So I feel 3rd is best. Also Uranus goes from 11th to 12th.

I think it's just a matter of figuring out which one fits best for you.

gaer

I understand, I'm familiar with the problem already. Plus, I live next to the UK and under Placidus, the houses in my chart are a little skewed already, and Equal does even out that problem. So I understand why, for technical reasons.
I would say that it is more than a little skewed. :)
for example, we do this. I just wish I could 'tidy it up' in my mind. Astrology has proven to understand the tiniest of things about me before I did. And many things which were common with certain aspects have happened. So, with the different interpretations offered to my chart by different house systems, I suppose I'm a little anxious which is 'applicable' to me. For example, Neptune in the 6th or (to me) threateningly in the 7th?
For that you have to make a choice between Whole House and other systems, because that system is the only one that will move Neptune to the 7th.
Exalted, positive Sun (ruler of the 2nd) happy in the 10th, or actually in the 9th? You know what I mean?
Absolutely. And for you Whole House changes just about everything. :)

byjove

Account Closed
I would say that it is more than a little skewed. :)

For that you have to make a choice between Whole House and other systems, because that system is the only one that will move Neptune to the 7th.

Absolutely. And for you Whole House changes just about everything. :)

I just can't work out your comments...I'm not sure if you're poking fun, criticizing... or being funny or what (fixes hair anxiously, and checks breath :biggrin:). I thought you meant my judgement was skewed, my face blew up like tomato with indignation...:w00t:

And to the poster above, I can't quote multiple messages in one (can I?), but, it's refreshing to hear someone else say how it applies in your chart. And I personally agree with how you deducted as it is relevant to your life. Helpful commentary! :happy:

gaer

I just can't work out your comments...I'm not sure if you're poking fun, criticizing... or being funny or what (fixes hair anxiously, and checks breath :biggrin:). I thought you meant my judgement was skewed, my face blew up like tomato with indignation...:w00t:
No. :) I was saying that your MC/IC is quite skewed in most house systems.

For instance, your first three houses only take up a bit more than 60 degrees. By "skewed" i mean "slanted". I'm not poking fun at anyone, and I'm certainly not criticizing. :)

byjove

Account Closed
Hi all, with regard to helping figure out which system...I've finally found a house interpretation which I'm absolutely certain about, which helps solve the problem. I only hope that there is a similar - definite - placement for others which helps them decide. For me, Placidus and Whole Sign place my Saturn in the 6th of Sagg. Equal places it in the 5th. Then I realized this morning, I always like to be very busy at work...much more than is normal. I actually can't relax unless I'm working hard, and I will find more things to do if they're not given to me. I'll find problems/tasks or ask to help people. A friend in a previous job told me that on my first day, my supervisor just stopped and stared at me. He said even at the last minute of the day, I was still running around busy as a bee, finding things to do, so much so it made him feel guilty. That's wonderful, because that's definitely Saturn in the 6th; all the keywords are there; lists, extreme service, very hard work, perfection etc.

I've just been reading about TR Saturn conjuncting my IC...and realized something else. I do have new responsibilities at home (TR Saturn now in 4th). How could I have missed? My eldest sister started college last September, heading in a new direction. Since I've had to give up college for the time being, I've been at home. When my sister went to college I agreed to help out and mind her kids; bring them to and from school and mind them until she's finished college. New responsibilities at home, anyone?? Honestly, how could I have missed this, the writing is on the wall?!

Even if I had problems figuring out other placements between the different house systems, I'm quite certain of this one. So for anyone still curious about their own chart, I recommend looking for a placement that you're concrete-certain of. That will tidy things up! :biggrin:

Last edited: