World-Class Weirdo

Vardigon

Hey guys.

I thought I'd make a thread about some aspect of my life that has really been a staple. And that is: people telling me that I'm odd, weird, and strange. Heh. There seems to be no end of it! I kind of enjoy hearing about it, hehe.

I'm pondering, though, which aspects in my natal chart could account for it. Usually, people attribute eccentricity to Uranus and Aquarius, and I guess an allowance could be made for Saturn too as the traditional planet of the sign.

Well, I have Saturn and Uranus in the first house, but neither of them tightly conjunct the ascendant in my opinion. The possibility I can think of is from Pallas Athene, which lies in my 2nd house in Aquarius, with 3 trines to each of my sun sign planets. That is: Sun, Mercury, and Venus. I guess my brain makes connections that other people don't bother associating?

*tips his hat*

R4VEN

Both Uranus and Saturn are close enough to your ASC to be considered conjunct.

What I conisder interesting is the Saturn-Uranus conjunction, because one tends to balance out the extremes of the other, although given your age, I would suggest that you are currently enjoying the Uranus extremes - more fun, surely! I have found that young people with Uranus conj ASC have a powerful rebellious streak.

You also have this conjunction - along with your ASC - in opposition to Sun and Moon, and widely your Mercury. If this is not the chart of someone who enjoys being an individual - i.e. `different' - then I have yet to see it.

Also interesting are the conjunctions to Chiron of your most personal planets. It will be interesting to see how these pan out as you grow. Right now, you are probably not that aware of how this conjunction makes you `different'. You have the potential for being: clear about where you are going with your life; tuned in to the ebb and flow of the changes in your environment; powerfully intuitive; extremely sensitive.

freedomlover

Vardigon said:
Hey guys.

I thought I'd make a thread about some aspect of my life that has really been a staple. And that is: people telling me that I'm odd, weird, and strange. Heh. There seems to be no end of it! I kind of enjoy hearing about it, hehe.

I'm pondering, though, which aspects in my natal chart could account for it. Usually, people attribute eccentricity to Uranus and Aquarius, and I guess an allowance could be made for Saturn too as the traditional planet of the sign.

Well, I have Saturn and Uranus in the first house, but neither of them tightly conjunct the ascendant in my opinion. The possibility I can think of is from Pallas Athene, which lies in my 2nd house in Aquarius, with 3 trines to each of my sun sign planets. That is: Sun, Mercury, and Venus. I guess my brain makes connections that other people don't bother associating?

*tips his hat*

Hello again, Vardigon!

I guess this may be why I feel a certain affinity with you. I, too, have Pallas in Aquarius in the 2nd. It is conjunct my Moon and Juno, and Lilith in Aquarius, trine my North Node in Gemini/5th ,sextile my Sun/South Node conjunction in Sagittarius/11th, and also sextile my Mercury (r) in Sag in the 12th.

Thanks for pointing this out and giving it this description. Yes, I think that is my issue, too. I've often thought I was nuts because I put things together that people don't usually see as going together. I see patterns and links in everything. So, yes! this is may way of saying I think you may be onto something there ( at least, if you're anything like me.)

You don't have the asteroids on your chart you posted, but I'm assuming Pallas in Aquarius also makes a square to Jupiter in Taurus in the 5th, which rules your 1st and 12th houses?

*tips hat back at Vardigon*

FL

Vardigon

freedomlover said:
You don't have the asteroids on your chart you posted, but I'm assuming Pallas in Aquarius also makes a square to Jupiter in Taurus in the 5th, which rules your 1st and 12th houses?

FL
Yes, actually. I just loaded up astro.com. Pallas makes a 3 degree orb square with my Jupiter.

Sometimes I can make a lot of spurious connections though. It helps that I have a friend with a strong Virgoan influence who helps me re-run through my associations and make sure that they're actually existing. Otherwise I sometimes see patterns that are just based on some neuroticism.

What does Pallas square Jupiter mean? I haven't found any interps.

Last edited:

freedomlover

Vardigon said:
Yes, actually. I just loaded up astro.com. Pallas makes a 3 degree orb square with my Jupiter.

Sometimes I can make a lot of spurious connections though. It helps that I have a friend with a strong Virgoan influence who helps me re-run through my associations and make sure that they're actually existing. Otherwise I sometimes see patterns that are just based on some neuroticism.

Well, maybe we are not talking about the same kind of patterns here.
Not quite sure what you're referring to.....:confused:

And are you sure your Virgoan-influence friend is "correcting" you, or injecting doubt into the situation? I'm asking because I had it happen to me when I would tell people about my associations. It drove me batty for years until I realized I got along better with my patterns than with their 2 cents about it.

FL

aquarius7000

Vardigon,

I have to agree with Ra4ven. You have Uranus (freedom, also uniqueness and rebellion) close enough to your Asc (with conjunctions wider orbs are allowed), in your first house (self and what you project to others), plus aspecting both your lights: Sun (conscious self) and Moon (subconscious and emotional self). You also have Pluto in the 11th house (house of Aquarius), which further accentuates 11th house (Aqua like) qualities. The three personal planets in Gemini (air) plus your Sag Asc further underline qualities of independence, do your own thing, a 'dynamic' personality as well as versatility. All this put together would make you stand out of the crowd, perhaps even 'outstanding' in a couple of ways.;)

I can tell you from my experience, with Sun & Merc in Aqua plus a 3rd house Ura in a wide trine to my third-house ruler, Ven, it is not always easy for my upper storey to be one of the crowd and to always 'speak the same language'.:D

One more thing, you have three powerful planets in the 1st house, with each being quite different than the other in its qualites, for e.g. Saturn = stability and Ura = breaking the status quo; Sat = facing reality and Nep = illusion plus seeing the world through rose-tinted glasses. All this could make your personality/ self (1st house) be a bit 'unsteady' and projecting different (opposite-in-nature) qualities, which might be a tad confusing for the world around you, and for whom you have a class of your own.

:)aquarius7000

freedomlover

Vardigon,

If you meant that you loaded up another chart with asteriods - it didn't take.
What degree is your Pallas at? I'm thinking you may have some other minor aspects that may add some additional information. It depends on the exact position of Pallas, though, as minor aspects have tight orbs.

FL

Vardigon

freedomlover said:
Well, maybe we are not talking about the same kind of patterns here.
Not quite sure what you're referring to.....:confused:

And are you sure your Virgoan-influence friend is "correcting" you, or injecting doubt into the situation? I'm asking because I had it happen to me when I would tell people about my associations. It drove me batty for years until I realized I got along better with my patterns than with their 2 cents about it.

FL

Well, I wouldn't refer to it as "correcting" as he doesn't exactly chide me. He just makes me slow down a bit and retrace my steps so that I don't get lost. Just like the Hermit! Haha! (And that was a totally random connection.) I understand what you mean about getting along better without the opinions of other people overlaying your understandings and associations. I often find that people might mean well in what they say as far as "doubting" me, but I think it requires a lot of breadth and wide reaching to understand some things. So I can comprehend why they do what they do, and I don't fault them for it.

Thanks for your reply aquarius7000. I understand what you mean about the projection of totally opposite qualities. I feel like my chart is a hologram, because it seems to contain contradiction after contradiction, lol. Sometimes within themselves. I guess it speaks to my Gemini sun sign quite well.

Vardigon

freedomlover said:
Vardigon,

If you meant that you loaded up another chart with asteriods - it didn't take.
What degree is your Pallas at? I'm thinking you may have some other minor aspects that may add some additional information. It depends on the exact position of Pallas, though, as minor aspects have tight orbs.

FL
I didn't post it, I just looked at it on astro.com myself. The exact degree is 19 Aquarius 52. Apparently it was rx. I'm not sure if the asteroids are always rx.

The only aspects that astro.com lists are:
Pallas Trine Sun - 4* orb
Pallas Square Jupiter - 3* orb
Pallas Trine Mercury, Venus - 1* orb

Its an asset to be weird and different..at least you are not like everyone else ..its just that its hard to find "weirdo's" that match the own inner weirdo =)

Regarding asteriods we have a forum here on AW
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59

plus
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TOClessons.htm if you scroll down to the bottom has great section on Pallas etc.

I tend to agree with what has already been said re; Saturn/Uranus in 1st house. I see this aspect as 'freedom v convention' will you do something unusual in a structured, saturn way or vice versa. Quite often uranus in first house likes to 'appear' different with piercings, bright coloured hair etc...