Aspects to Ascendant: Conjunctions and Parallels

MaeMae

Banned
Hi Queen Fluff - thanks for the nice thought. To respond to your ? about 7th house - I intended to mean the "other," being the Neptune/Asc's 7th house.

The polarity.

I think the artistic inspiration is also present for the Neptune/Asc person, but one who has planets (espc. sun or venus or mars) in Neptune/Asc person's 7th, is likely to find a lot of inspiration, artistically or creatively from Nep/Asc person.

Did I confuse it more? Sorry, hope you get what I'm trying to say.

queenfluff

Hi Queen Fluff - thanks for the nice thought. To respond to your ? about 7th house - I intended to mean the "other," being the Neptune/Asc's 7th house.

The polarity.

I think the artistic inspiration is also present for the Neptune/Asc person, but one who has planets (espc. sun or venus or mars) in Neptune/Asc person's 7th, is likely to find a lot of inspiration, artistically or creatively from Nep/Asc person.

Did I confuse it more? Sorry, hope you get what I'm trying to say.

Thanks MaeMae! I think I get it. So, it would be other people who would have planets in MY 7th house (meaning you would need to do a composite chart/synastry to check on this - or at least have a correct natal chart for them) that would see me as a 'muse' type. Any certain planets?

I was reading this about the polarity of houses and signs:
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/polarities.html

Why the 7th house though? My Neptune is in my first house in Scorpio (3rd decan) and I thought that the opposite (polarity) would be my 6th (in Taurus) - but my 7th house cusp is in Taurus as well but that doesn't really match what the page says. Is it more house polarity or sign polarity for this? I am a newb at the polarity stuff.

Also, do you think that us Neptune/Asc's tend to be invisible to others (except for maybe those with the 7th house planets)? Like I mentioned above, people tend to forget my real name and I am not sure if it is because like you said - I don't seem to "be there", dreamlike?

I hope you don't mind me asking your opinion - this has always drove me crazy my whole life trying to figure this out. I am really interested in figuring out how others see me - I think new people I meet tend to forget I am there (except good friends who already know me well) and maybe it is just because the Neptune/Asc aspect makes me hard to understand (and easy to misunderstand) which is why I might "fade' in some people minds? Since they can't figure me out - maybe that is why they forget about me?

Sometimes I feel like shouting from a megaphone - "I am here, I am here"! :biggrin:

I definately know I am a creative, artistic person but I don't make my living as an artist - it comes out in other ways. I guess it is more of my quirkness and my love for the unique in those areas.

serafin5

I also have Nep conj my Asc in Scorp (Nep @17degs & Asc @14degs) and I may have an artistic soul but no real talent, although when younger i did show a strong aptitude for the piano and the flute (no strings) :unsure:. I have always had a more scientific bent.

I have always been kind of a quiet person so i can really identify with the feeling of being invisible. Kids and animals seem to really take to me but never people! Unfortunately drugs have been an issue growing up in the 70s and 80s; especially with a Hippi mom!:w00t:

Now that I'm in my 40s I took for granted my looks when I was younger but I may have the 'eyes' thing everybody keeps mentioning but overall not beautiful - I have my 'cute' days and thats about it.

Thats my Neptune story. Thanks,

Serafin5:biggrin:

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
Thanks MaeMae! I think I get it. So, it would be other people who would have planets in MY 7th house (meaning you would need to do a composite chart/synastry to check on this - or at least have a correct natal chart for them) that would see me as a 'muse' type. Any certain planets?

I was reading this about the polarity of houses and signs:
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/polarities.html

Why the 7th house though? My Neptune is in my first house in Scorpio (3rd decan) and I thought that the opposite (polarity) would be my 6th (in Taurus) - but my 7th house cusp is in Taurus as well but that doesn't really match what the page says. Is it more house polarity or sign polarity for this? I am a newb at the polarity stuff.

Also, do you think that us Neptune/Asc's tend to be invisible to others (except for maybe those with the 7th house planets)? Like I mentioned above, people tend to forget my real name and I am not sure if it is because like you said - I don't seem to "be there", dreamlike?

I hope you don't mind me asking your opinion - this has always drove me crazy my whole life trying to figure this out. I am really interested in figuring out how others see me - I think new people I meet tend to forget I am there (except good friends who already know me well) and maybe it is just because the Neptune/Asc aspect makes me hard to understand (and easy to misunderstand) which is why I might "fade' in some people minds? Since they can't figure me out - maybe that is why they forget about me?

Sometimes I feel like shouting from a megaphone - "I am here, I am here"! :biggrin:

I definately know I am a creative, artistic person but I don't make my living as an artist - it comes out in other ways. I guess it is more of my quirkness and my love for the unique in those areas.

I was speaking of houses 1/7. Sorry if I confused you.

Matto

Apparently I have Venus conjunct my Ascendant, in the 12th house, and they are in the same sign, Taurus. And Venus rules Taurus, so maybe I should be typically Taurean, but I don't think I'm THAT Taurean. People have called me cute before lol, so I guess that's where the Venus thing comes in. And I do feel sort of Venusian, even though I don't always act that way - not a very social person. But I still love being with friends, and am very loyal. And I remember always being into beautiful things, since I was a little boy :p

Rushwing

Venus conjunct the ascendant for me at 00 degrees leo
mars and merc in the first house as well.

I have a very round face with a button nose and squinty eyes. I blush really easily and I AM the shortest one in my family. Quite short actually. I'm also the only blonde.

I do enjoy my food, I used to be very skinny (mars also in the 1st house in leo, I was an athlete) but now I've got a comfy layer after choosing to not give up my food enjoyment for metallic and un-edible awards, I still exercise though.

Another venus in the 1st I know (male) has a very round baby face but very fit. He has HUGE eyes, and he is ALSO very short.
:kissing:
Uncanny.

la dona

Well I'm all sorts of conjuncts to my ASC. I've got 2 stelliums in the first. So I guess, I'm a little bit of everything.

I will say one thing about my tight degrees/& conjunctions, I cause intense reactions, and I'm very memorable-good, bad, or ugly. I try to be incognito, but my looks will not allow me to ever rob a bank, or not be remembered 13 years later in a nightclub from someone I barely knew (as was the case last night). It truly bothers me sometimes, so much so that it has led to little bouts of panic.

I grew up in California where the people are diverse but my ethnic and social background emphasize fitting in, which is something I try to do, but to NO avail. Even my interests in astrology was a sore spot with a best friend last night. Either way, my first house has tremendous influence on how people percieve me to extremes.

Stellium with Sun: 7Sag15 and Mer: 1Sag05 and Ura: 0Sag49

If anyone has advice, I'm all ears. =)

Attachments

• Natalwtransits.jpg
    Natalwtransits.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Munch

Uranus on the Asc makes for a person that marches to the beat of their own drummer. Someone with a huge emphasis on Sagittarius (in the 2nd house using the Whole Sign System as I do) is definitely going to need to go their own way as that right to be an individual is an inherent need and desire in Sag. In the 2nd house, this makes up the core of your values and shows that the only way that you will be happy is by NOT trying to fit in.

Also, your Saturn Return is coming up, so expect that in the coming months you will be less likely to stick with the status quo of trying to fit in and finally commit to going your own way.

AriScoPis87

VENUS is the planet of love, pleasure and beauty. These natives are more attractive and appealing than usual, or at least considered cute, but sometimes with a tendency to plump up a bit from enjoyment of life's leisurely pursuits. Venus brings out the most handsome or beautiful qualities associated with its sign, and the most considerate or kindest according to sign. Venus smoothes the lines and edges of any face from what is normal for the sign on the Ascendant. The height may decrease from average for the sign on the Ascendant.

My Pisces Venus-Rising conjunct in the 1st House. The only thing I have to say that isn't true is: but sometimes with a tendency to plump up a bit from enjoyment of life's leisurely pursuits. I have my dad's metabolism, which he has my grandfathers. This means I don't gain any weight, even though I'm 24. I'm 5'5" and 117/118lbs. My grandfather was actually the shortest in his family too and all were lean. He is about 6" and my great-grandfather was at 7'1".

The only reason I don't tower in height is because my mother is 5'4" and my father is 5'11".

Also my Scorpio Moon & Pluto trine my Venus-Ascendent. I know this plays into factors of appearance and health as well.

Ruka_5

Banned
I'm not sure if I calculated right, but I think I have Uranus parallel my ascendant. It's already conjunct my midheaven.

Claire19

i have pluto conj asc in scorpio and the description fits me..i also have two mates with sun on the asc and both of them have a little bit big head, round face and curly hair..they look really good!!!
my friend has mercury con asc in virgo and he`s got slim body, slim face..
Even your pic is Scorpionic. Dark and hidden.....:smile:

Claire19

My Pisces Venus-Rising conjunct in the 1st House. The only thing I have to say that isn't true is: but sometimes with a tendency to plump up a bit from enjoyment of life's leisurely pursuits. I have my dad's metabolism, which he has my grandfathers. This means I don't gain any weight, even though I'm 24. I'm 5'5" and 117/118lbs. My grandfather was actually the shortest in his family too and all were lean. He is about 6" and my great-grandfather was at 7'1".

The only reason I don't tower in height is because my mother is 5'4" and my father is 5'11".

Also my Scorpio Moon & Pluto trine my Venus-Ascendent. I know this plays into factors of appearance and health as well.
I have Pisces rising with Neptune the chart ruler in Libra conjunct Venus. I put on weight on middle age and not due any laziness. Just
hereditary factors. I have even features and dark hair with blue eyes which is typical.....THe chart ruler and its aspects are very important for image and persona.... It varies from person to person naturally and hereditary traits are very important. But Libra rising or Venus there always adds charm and amiability and a tendency to be quite refined and if not beautiful or pretty, certainly pleasant and often with dimples.

mjackieward7

venus in 12th conjunct ascendant. Both in Virgo.

The statement above about venus conjunct asc. describes me.
Short, shorter than anyone in my family and shorter that doctors said I would be.
plump...well, at times i have been. I like my food, it comforts me. Mostly I am curvy though.
More appealling or attractive...why thank you...but I don't know about that. I have never been a raving beauty, but I have a certain quality, a blend of gaelic, fairy, and native american, that intrigues people.

Virgo rising...I look like a quiet mysterious librarian at times.

Hey there,

I noticed venus is in my ascendant but I am not short, actually I am about 2 inches taller than my sisters. I am 5'5. Been very thin all my life and people tell me I look rather fragile. Maybe venus does not operates the same in all.

jill

CHIRON at the Asc
creates a healer or teacher, .... The person may have maladies themselves ... making them more empathetic to those with serious problems, whether physical or psychological. ... These people are essentially shamans, at least in potential, bringing together the spiritual and physical. ... The forest will feel like home. .... This quality may not be evident early in life, but will eventually develop.

PLUTO at the Asc creates a person of depth and power.... Resourcefulness and unrelenting determination....with an inability to compromise at times, creating a special kind of commmanding or intimidating persona... they will not allow spurious rules or traditions to prohibit their purpose. Even if not outwardly evident, these are people of great power - at least after middle age ... There is often another side to these people that only those closest to them can see.

I have natal Chiron in 12th and it is conjunct by parallel, 0.14 degree orb with pisces Asc.
This describes me perfectly and after reading it I realized that my life is starting to make sense.
BUT....
The Pluto description above describes me, as well.
I have a natal Pluto/Node combust, closely opposite my Asc , it trines Jupiter and Hades and sextiles Mars and Neptune.

I can literally FEEL the plutonian power within me.....always.
Sometimes it scares me because I know I have the ability to destroy with this force if I allowed it to surface unchecked.
(I burn street lights out all the time as well as light bulbs in the house when I turn them on)
Definitely something I've had to learn to restrain.

So, my question is, Would Pluto affect my appearance as well or just my manner of expression?

Attachments

• jill's natal - Whole Signs.jpg
    jill's natal - Whole Signs.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 47
  • jill's natal Placidus.jpg
    jill's natal Placidus.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 45

Quicksilver82

"MARS is the planet of action, energy, impetuousness and courage. There is an enjoyment of speed, athletics, competition, military, hunting, motorcycles and other things normally considered masculine. It nearly always brings accidents, injuries (especially to head or face), burns, puncture wounds, etc. There is a fighting spirit that can be applied gracefully or abrasively, depending on sign and aspects. There is often a ruddy complexion and/or reddish hair, as well as a sharp tongue or quick temper. "

Hmmm, not sure about this one. I have no interest in speed, athletics, etc. But I am EXTREMELY competitive when it comes to board games, cards, puzzles, etc. I hope that my complexion is not ruddy and my hair is black. It seems like this one identifies personality more than appearance because I do have a sharp tongue and quick temper :ninja:.

I also have Uranus in the 1st, though not conjunct. So maybe this adds to the overall picture.

dreamtimez

I have Uranus close to the Asc. but not conjoined. All my life I have tried to be different ! :devil: And there is Pluto in the 12th house conjoined the Asc. I feel the Pluto power but I have learn to keep it under control.

tokyo.lights

Venus and Mars on my Ascendant...which I've read means they cancel each other out. I sometimes relate to the impulsive nature of the Mars conjunction, but I just can't relate to Venus. Both are in my first house too.