How Difficult Will My Saturn Return Be?

Hi. My name is Camille. I'm a neophyte astrologer seeking the advice and knowledge of those more experienced than I. I have a strong spiritual background and am moving into astrology as my new modality. Loving it.

I am 26 going on 27 this January and am strongly feeling like the *energies* of my Saturn Return starting. I know it's early, but I heard there can be variances.
2016 was rocked by unexpected deaths.
2017 has been rocked by break ups, depression, anxiety, casual thoughts of suicide/death and friendship issues. Of course, these can all just be contributed to hard transits. That Venus RX earlier this year really messed me up.

Now I fancy myself pretty resilient thanks to Taur moon, and my life is full of equal parts darkness and joy, but I am SUPER SCARED about this return. If the last 2 years are just the starting of this period, I'm worried about what full swing Saturn Return will be like. I have very strong 8th house energies, with Saturn chilling there conjunct my Sun. I read that 8th house Saturn returns ARE BRUTAL. That one can even expect death of loved ones, extreme hardships and sickness, etc. etc. ad nauseam.

I may be psyching myself out, but I also want to be prepared. If you can't tell by my chart (and this post) already, anxiety kind of rules my life. And the feeling that I will have to suffer until I'm like 32 disturbs me. I feel so panicked about what's around the corner.

My brother's Saturn return was super fantastic, though. He got married, bought a new house, started a business and had a child. But I've also known people who have taken their lives around this point (27 club, anyone?)

Can anyone offer any predictive guidance? And if not, maybe just some words of wisdom/soothing.

I've attached my chart wheel here. Hopefully it shows.

Attachments

• IMG_5620.jpg
    IMG_5620.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 30

katydid

Hi. My name is Camille. I'm a neophyte astrologer seeking the advice and knowledge of those more experienced than I. I have a strong spiritual background and am moving into astrology as my new modality. Loving it.

I am 26 going on 27 this January and am strongly feeling like the *energies* of my Saturn Return starting. I know it's early, but I heard there can be variances.
2016 was rocked by unexpected deaths.
2017 has been rocked by break ups, depression, anxiety, casual thoughts of suicide/death and friendship issues. Of course, these can all just be contributed to hard transits. That Venus RX earlier this year really messed me up.

Now I fancy myself pretty resilient thanks to Taur moon, and my life is full of equal parts darkness and joy, but I am SUPER SCARED about this return. If the last 2 years are just the starting of this period, I'm worried about what full swing Saturn Return will be like. I have very strong 8th house energies, with Saturn chilling there conjunct my Sun. I read that 8th house Saturn returns ARE BRUTAL. That one can even expect death of loved ones, extreme hardships and sickness, etc. etc. ad nauseam.

I may be psyching myself out, but I also want to be prepared. If you can't tell by my chart (and this post) already, anxiety kind of rules my life. And the feeling that I will have to suffer until I'm like 32 disturbs me. I feel so panicked about what's around the corner.

My brother's Saturn return was super fantastic, though. He got married, bought a new house, started a business and had a child. But I've also known people who have taken their lives around this point (27 club, anyone?)

Can anyone offer any predictive guidance? And if not, maybe just some words of wisdom/soothing.

I've attached my chart wheel here. Hopefully it shows.

I think the unexpected deaths and sorrows have more to do with transiting Pluto over your Mercury and UraNUS, than it does your Saturn Return.

Go back and match up the dates with the ephemeris, and Pluto's movement through Capricorn. I think it will correlate. :alien:

Your Saturn return shouldn’t be too bad. You have Sun conjunct Saturn, but it is out of sign, so not as restrictive.

And the Sun/Saturn conjunction has a very nice trine to Mars. And Saturn has no squares or oppositions threatening it. So when Saturn returns to it’s natal place it will trine Mars and have no tense aspects making friction. :whistling:

Saturn has retrograded back into Sag. It won’t be near any of your Capricorn planets until next February or so. I am not sure that what you are feeling already is your Saturn return. But it did enter Cap briefly and you have a lot of planets there.

Next spring it will move through Capricorn and your 7th house of relationships and oppose your Ascendant. :sideways:

Again, those 7th house Cap planets are trining the 11th, and have no malicious aspects making things difficult.

I think this should be a positive, productive time for you. :innocent:

A lot will depend upon how Your Capricorn planets are working for you now in your life.

Be pro-active and you should come out fine. Saturn moving through the 8th It is often an intense time. Yet it is one in which a person is given an opportunity to seriously understand his emotional nature and those aspects of it which may be holding him back and sabotaging his efforts to move his life forward. :rightful:

I think you may be able to learn how to vanquish much of your anxiety and fears during this transit. Jupiter in Leo will be the balance point and help you burn out those residues of pain and fear.

Last edited:
I so appreciate your response, and the time you took to explain some of my chart to me. I realize now I was maybe being a wee overdramatic, and blaming Saturn for everything bad. :joyful:
You have given me a lot to chew on, and I will research into that Pluto transit you mentioned.
I have always noticed that my Saturn is at least well aspected, but it being in that 8th house of death and other people's money always seemed foreboding. If this period will see me facing fears and anxiety so that I may get rid of them (thanks Jupiter!), then that seems more like a task I am prepared to undertake.

Thank you! I will capitalize on my enterprising Cap energy during this time.

katydid

Keep on mind that the 8th is not just 'death.' It is also REBIRTH, TRANSFORMATION and EVOLUTION .

It is the PHOENIX arising from the ashes of death. It is the power of REGENERATION, = spiritual and mental/physical.

It is also a Metaphysical and Healing sanctum.

There is a lot of power emanating from the 8th house. Saturn can help crystalize and materialize some of it.

Purple9

Keep on mind that the 8th is not just 'death.' It is also REBIRTH, TRANSFORMATION and EVOLUTION .

It is the PHOENIX arising from the ashes of death. It is the power of REGENERATION, = spiritual and mental/physical.

It is also a Metaphysical and Healing sanctum.

There is a lot of power emanating from the 8th house. Saturn can help crystalize and materialize some of it.

I would like to second this - living from the 8th nowadays and seen a lot of prominent 8th houses in other charts. Often it is anything but death (and in some death would be preferable LOL). Saturn returns are so feared and I can't understand why. Sure life gets more demanding and time begins to weigh more heavily on us as do the 'lessons' and perceived restrictions and responsibilities. But so much can be accomplished under Saturn. I found it liberating. It is where we assume responsibility for our lives. It is good. Keep mindful and practical.

Thank you. Because of this and further research on my own time, I've learned not to fear this. It actually may be a life changer for me--in a good, lasting way. Fingers crossed.