German Wings Crash - what happened?

Inline

[FONT=&quot].............................
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Culpeper

Premium Member
I have been working on these missing and crashed airliners a lot. This German airliner experienced sudden and complete power failure. The pilot lost control and the aircraft crashed.

Marinka

Still checking but, so far (correct if wrong please) the stats appear as ---

Left Barcelona at 10:01 on 3/24/2015
Last radio contact at 10:30 ?? at Barcelonnette
Last radar contact at 10:53 am Barcelonnette
Crash at ??

Marinka

Thanks, i've changed editted it - it must have been the heat of the moment, sorry.

Pluto in the 7th, the house of the perpetrator gives this accident a sinister overtone but it can also suggest chaos and disruption which would have been the case..... :unsure:

The theory that gas could have leaked into the cockpit and rendered the pilots unconscious appears a possibility - since the pilots didn't have an opportunity to send an emergency signal before crashing - which would have been the case if there was an equipment failure, or not? Pisces Mercury in its detriment (confused communications?) conjunct Neptune (fog, gas?) in 10th (the cockpit?).

The 10.48am (Barcelonette France) event chart, the moment of impact according to news reports, has ASC 0° Cancer with 1st house ruler Moon in 12th.

Link: timeline & break down of events
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...wings-flight-4u-9525/articleshow/46681748.cms

Something is confusing about this timeline - they have the start of the flight as 9:35 which was the expected departure time of the flight but, it was late and did not leave gate until 10:01. This is not to say that the 9:35 time is not important (I already have a chart for it) but, it's an inconsistency in the timeline which should have been noted by them. Also, there were numerous accounts that 10:30 was the start of the gradual descent and that 10:53 was the last radar contact. I will pull up some links for these timelines and news accounts and provide them as this progresses. The economic times is a highly respected edition and I'm a bit surprised that the times were off from the timelines of other respected news accounts.

From news accounts once arrival at the coast which was at 10:30am, the next 8 minutes (until 10:38) was spent in a descent but, it is unclear from the news accounts whether the plane was flying level from 10:39 on and as a result, ran into the mountains since they were flying so low.

Inline

What was strange....i was listening to german radio when the news broke, and the first report claimed the flight lost contact at 9.41am....?

Marinka

What was strange....i was listening to german radio when the news broke, and the first report claimed the flight lost contact at 9.41am....?

I agree, very strange ... I'm seeing some charts from FOX today that are using a 9:25 start of flight but now I'm seeing other stories from FOX that have the 10am start.

http://fox40.com/2015/03/24/france-plane-crash-no-survivors-expected-french-president-says/

I wonder if there is a different time zone between Barcelona, Barcelonnette, and the German town where the flight was supposed to land. That could be one explanation for getting different times as the time might be local to the area reporting ...

SL123

Report: Pilot locked out of cockpit before Germanwings crash

By Josh Levs and Catherine E. Shoichet, CNN
Updated 8:30 PM ET, Wed March 25, 2015

(CNN)Latest developments:

• 7:51 p.m. ET: One of the pilots on board Germanwings Flight 9525 was locked out of the cockpit when the plane crashed Tuesday, a senior military official told The New York Times, citing evidence from the cockpit voice recorder.

Investigators trying to determine what caused the crash of Germanwings Flight 9525 have made a startling discovery in an audio recording, according to a New York Times report: One of the plane's pilots was locked out of the cockpit before the crash.

"You can hear he is trying to smash the door down," a senior military official involved in the investigation told the newspaper, describing audio from the cockpit voice recorder, one of the plane's black boxes.

"We don't know yet the reason why one of the guys went out," the official said, according to the Times' report. "But what is sure is that at the very end of the flight, the other pilot is alone and does not open the door."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/europe/germanwings-crash-main/

Marinka

Report: Pilot locked out of cockpit before Germanwings crash

By Josh Levs and Catherine E. Shoichet, CNN
Updated 8:30 PM ET, Wed March 25, 2015

(CNN)Latest developments:

• 7:51 p.m. ET: One of the pilots on board Germanwings Flight 9525 was locked out of the cockpit when the plane crashed Tuesday, a senior military official told The New York Times, citing evidence from the cockpit voice recorder.

Investigators trying to determine what caused the crash of Germanwings Flight 9525 have made a startling discovery in an audio recording, according to a New York Times report: One of the plane's pilots was locked out of the cockpit before the crash.

"You can hear he is trying to smash the door down," a senior military official involved in the investigation told the newspaper, describing audio from the cockpit voice recorder, one of the plane's black boxes.

"We don't know yet the reason why one of the guys went out," the official said, according to the Times' report. "But what is sure is that at the very end of the flight, the other pilot is alone and does not open the door."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/europe/germanwings-crash-main/

Based on the above, it will be interesting to look at the pilot's charts and see if they shed some light on what happened.

JUPITERASC

UPDATE

'…...The co-pilot of a plane which crashed in the Alps
activated the descent button and refused to open the cockpit door to the pilot.
Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin says the co-pilot, Andreas Lubitz, was alone at the controls of the Germanwings flight
and "intentionally" sent the plane into the doomed descent to "destroy the plane".

He said: "We assume the (captain) went to the loo or something.
The co-pilot is on his own in charge of the plane,
and it is while he is alone that he uses the flight monitoring system which starts the descent of the plane.".....'

'...The flight monitoring system cannot be accidentally triggered.
The plane ploughed into the side of a mountain at around 430mph, killing all of those on board instantly.
"I think the victims only realised at the last moment
because on the recording you only hear the screams literally on the last moments of the recording."
Mr Robin said Mr Lubitz was a German national but does not know his ethnicity or religion.
He is understood to have joined the airline in 2013 straight after training.
Breathing could be heard from the cockpit and was normal,
which has led investigators to believe he was conscious at the time....'

Some 500 people are not working on the investigation,
which is hampered by the remote location of the crash.
Each body must be removed by helicopter as the mountainside is very steep.

JUPITERASC

Ja, but....this news came out just minutes after the other budget airliner's Airbus made an emergency turn back to Barcelona airport (heading to Munich, Germany) because of a burning smell?

Maybe the co-pilot wanted to commit mass suicide but.....the astrology suggests to me confusion and foggy thinking in the cockpit, not determination or anger or aggression.....although maybe depression?

And why didn't the other pilot call out the co-pilots' name?

The poor guy was desperately kicking the door down trying to save himself and the plane, but he never once calls out the co-pilots name? All you hear are the screams from the poor passengers just before impact, unfortunately....
Maybe, he suspected the co-pilot wasn't capable of responding?
'…..Air traffic controllers made repeated attempts to contact the aircraft, but to no avail.
Mr Lubitz, 28, was alive until the final impact, the prosecutor said.
"We hear the pilot ask the co-pilot to take control of the plane
and we hear at the same time the sound of a seat moving backwards and the sound of a door closing,"
Mr Robin told reporters the pilot had probably gone to the toilet.
At that moment, the co-pilot is controlling the plane by himself.
While he is alone, the co-pilot presses the buttons of the flight monitoring system to put into action the descent of the aeroplane.
"This action on the altitude controls can only be deliberate.".....'

'…...He added: "The most plausible interpretation is that the co-pilot through a voluntary act
had refused to open the cabin door to let the captain in.
He pushed the button to trigger the aircraft to lose altitude.
He operated this button for a reason we don't know yet, but it appears that the reason was to destroy this plane."
He said the co-pilot was "not known by us" to have any links to extremism or terrorism.
But he said German authorities were expected to give further information on his background and private life later.
The focus now moves from the mechanics to the man flying the plane......'

'…...An accident expert said investigators will pore over co-pilot's background and his family. Did he owe money? Was there a grudge? They'll look at his religion, whether he was in trouble with the law, whether he had a stable love life. This kind of event is rare but it has happened before, although the reasons vary widely. After 9/11, they made cockpits impregnable. It keeps the terrorists out, but also allows someone to keep their colleagues out too. Airlines have to make a call. Which is the bigger threat - terrorism or suicide? Passengers were not aware of the impending crash "until the very last moment" when screams could be heard, they died instantly......'

Marinka

The news media and the prosecutor are making assertions but, many of the experts are still weighing different scenarios as to how this could have played out. There is likely still more information to come out and maybe best to sit on the sidelines until more data has been examined by the experts and provided to the public.

As one of the experts noted, if the co-pilot passed out, he could have pressed onto the stick and in effect, started the descent. The pilot pressing the keys to open the door ... maybe he was pressing the wrong keys as he was frantic when he realized the plane was descending and the co-pilot may be incapacitated.

As a note, the ascendant for the 10:01am takeoff time has both the part of peril conjunct (almost exact) the ascendant and the asteroid HOPI close to a conjunction. One of the interpretations for HOPI is ambush.

Part of Fate
was also opposite Jupiter in the start of flight chart.

I think the co-pilot's data will be very interesting. It was noted that he was 28 so, he could have been in a Saturn return....

Kalyxa

Ja, but....this news came out just minutes after the other budget airliner's Airbus made an emergency turn back to Barcelona airport (heading to Munich, Germany) because of a burning smell?

Maybe the co-pilot wanted to commit mass suicide but.....the astrology suggests to me confusion and foggy thinking in the cockpit, not determination or anger or aggression.....although maybe depression?

And why didn't the other pilot call out the co-pilots' name?

The poor guy was desperately kicking the door down trying to save himself and the plane, but he never once calls out the co-pilots name? All you hear are the screams from the poor passengers just before impact, unfortunately....
Maybe, he suspected the co-pilot wasn't capable of responding?

I don't really see how calling his name would have made any difference. The pilot had already tried speaking through the cockpit intercom to ask to be let in before he actually starting banging on the door. He would have been able to enter the cockpit using an emergency code, but his co-pilot had deployed a five-minute override which prevented him from doing this. It's pretty clear that the co-pilot was conscious and had intended to keep his coworker from reentering the cockpit.