Are you a Manly-woman or a Feminine-man under The Asc Mask?

Blackempress

I enjoyed some of the conversations we had previously regarding Macho-Men with underneath feminine energy (dominant feminine planets), so wanted a discussion to see how it presents for others?

I have 7-8 planets in Masculine Signs (Air) but Cancer Sun & Pisces Asc. I am Very feminine in dress-up & talk but my thinking is mostly masculine & I've got male-dominant thinking & prefer action/solution to talk.

How do you come across to others based on your dominant planetary energy & Asc?

Claire19

I prefer the terms yin and yang rather than masculine or feminine as I think that limits the perspective. I too have Pisces rising and a yin Taurus Moon with all other planets yang. I look feminine but really I am more "masculine" in outlook and have never had children or a family life that is conventional. This is not to say we are not real women but just active rather than passive and do better with other yang men overall.The ascendant, Moon and/or Sun being yin is powerful and goes along way to being female.

Libran planets tend to bi sexuality anyway or trying to find the balance. However even with Venus Mars in Libra I am heterosexual although have experimented.

. I am never attracted to feminine men and like them rather macho but refined and not coarse. I have been called very feminine and also masculine in attitude. It is all a matter of others' perspective and that is their bag. In this age of Aquariius the stereotypes are breaking down and men can be house husbands and women have a career more and more. It is a good thing.

Last edited:

Moog

I'm not a manly man. In fact I think a lot of you think I'm a woman.

During my Mars dasha I got very interested in my body (Scorpio Rising) and I started getting into Martial arts and body building/fitness, so I'm not as girly as I was. And the beard seems to help. More balanced now.

When I was a kid I had long hair and was forever being mistaken for a girl.

I find it quite hard to relate to men. My friends are mainly women.

chris10

Great thread Blackempress!

Sun in Cancer =yin,
Moon in scorpio =yin,
ASC Virgo =yin,
The first impression I give is that I am shy and ...feminine.
I don't feel very feminine, though. I don't even feel comfortable in dresses.

Mercury in Leo =yang,
Venus in Leo=yang,
Mars in Aries=yang,
Jupiter in aqua=yang,
Saturn in Gemini=yang,
Uranus in Libra=yang,
Neptune in Sagit=yang,
Pluto in Libra=yang,

Pluto in Libra 1 degree conjucts ASC 26.30 degrees =yang
Saturn 27 degrees Gemini conjuct MC 26.30 Gemini =yang
Male-dominant thinking, male-dominant action.
I remember my mom once telling me that her doctor told her that she would give birth to a boy ... :lol:
I also love extreme sports.
If someone called me passive, I would consider that an insult haha.

I think, Venus in a tight trine to Mars, has saved the day for me...
otherwise I would probably never have had a proper relationship...:lol:

Attachments

• CHRIS10.jpg
    CHRIS10.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 34

*emma*

Banned
I am a very manly woman MENTALLY, mercury is my chart ruler and its in libra

Fire and air signs dominate ie libra sagitarius

I have sun libra square mars and also pluto conjunct ascendant

I wont tolerate any BS at all

Sometimes it plays havoc with relationships but hey big deal, ive had my share of MEN aka father brother bosses trying to tell me what to do and how to be etc before so sod them, had enough of their arrogance and so called authority and patheticness

Having said all that I am very feminine too physically and emotionally

Last edited:

tautomer

Including the ascendent and MC, I have 8 female/yin placements, and 4 male/yang placements. I have 5 planets in female/yin houses, and 5 planets in male/yang houses.

I would not be mistaken for a woman in any case. I very much look like a guy, and by the by I act like a guy. Seeing as I am gay, I so have some effeminate moments, but they're infrequent. Most whom meet me do not guess or assume that I am gay.

On an internal level I will say I am more female then male. I am a very emotionally dominated person, and I must work around my emotions as they are ever present. I have learned how to remain logical, and contain/control my emotional nature.

gen6k

i dont agree with the polarities.

http://www.scorpioseason.com/wp-con...inine-350x250.gif.pagespeed.ic.NH7NemgQq4.png

we have Libra as masculine even though its ruled by venus. Its the most feminine masculine sign.

then we have capricorn as yin when it is quiet, but its looking to control or alter courses for rules.

also planets in signs combination can make an extrovert sign introverted.

the sign gemini has two guys. its like a dry and wet polarity. its neutral-like, and kinda sidewinding. it is always kind of extroverted.

also i think yin/yang is rooted deeper in looking past spatiotemporalities to the higher essence where each sign would be balanced.

aqua males are known to be more feminine while aqua females are masculine for some reason. aqua people are definetly more public agressors, but what about when a taurus builds a whole pyramid.

he has a "masculine" sun and moon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M8G0o9y9HI
and is mostly yang, but his mars is in pisces.
his activity is yang, but its just really feminine.
hes like 30 as well which is a higher muscle/bone/testosterone stage.

yang is the magician and yin is high priestess, but its really about soaking up everything.

Last edited:

Prisma

Sun in cancer-yin
Mercury in cancer-yin
Asc. virgo-yin

Moon in Aqua.-yang
Venus in Leo-yang
Mars in Aries-yang
Jupiter in Aqua=yang,
Saturn in Gemini=yang,
Uranus in Libra=yang,
Neptune in Sagit=yang,
Pluto in Libra=yang

I have some similarities in the planets placements as chris10, but different in the Cancerian Mercury, Moon in Aqua, my asc is in the 13 of Virgo, Chris Saturn is conjuct with MC, mine not, among others differences, etc.

I sometimes look more... androginous? I am feminine, can dress up, etc, not an obvious beauty but not all that ugly either (well, it depends on how I am feeling also, if depressed, do not care much about looks that day). I am modest. Like Moog, I get along better with the opposite sex. I am analitical and in some aspects, more pasive, shy, but social, I also internalize a lot.

Maybe those differences (the Mercury in Leo of chris10 vs. my Mercury in Cancer, the difference in the degrees in the asc-hers is late in the sign, mine is dead in the middle), the different Moons, among other factors, may account for some of the more assertive nature chris10 describes about herself.

Attachments

• my chart-whiteout.jpg
    my chart-whiteout.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Queen of Wands

Not counting the outer planets, I have 6 planets in "masculine" signs including the Sun and Moon. Only Mercury is in a feminine sign (Cancer). My ascendant is also in a feminine sign (Capricorn). You might be tempted to conclude from that tally that I must be overwhelmingly masculine except in thought and verbal expression, but it's actually the opposite - I look and dress very girly but overwhelmingly prefer to talk to men. I am straight, but this preference extends to platonic contacts as well.

The masculine and feminine classification comes from esoteric terminology, afaik, which defines masculine as "outerwardly oriented, active" and feminine as "inwardly oriented, receptive." That doesn't directly translate to masculine/feminine behaviour. The air signs, for example, are associated with androgyny, but are classified as masculine because they are oriented toward the active judgment of the outside world.

O

OrcinusOrca

I believe I am more feminine than most men, I'm also more creative than most. But I definitely have a strong masculine side as well as a strong feminine side, I feel I'm split. Venus conjunct Mars is the main aspect I put this down to.

Sun, Mercury, Jupiter in Aquarius. Ascendant, Venus and Mars in Aries (with Lilith and Eris). Moon and Neptune in Capricorn. Saturn and Pluto in Scorpio. Uranus in Sagittarius.

Multiplicity

Fun thread Empress. I have a Capricorn rising conjunct 12th house Neptune and Ceres in Capricorn - Aquarius Venus conjunct Juno in the first - 2nd house Pisces Sun conjunct 3rd house Aries Jupiter with Pluto/Moon/MC dominant in 10th house Scorpio...(saturn's in the twelfth and mars in the fourth). In other words I go both ways, so to speak.

I worked at a boarding school for boys where there were two staff for a group of up to twelve boys. The double staffing created what was often referred to as a 'Ma and Pa' dynamic. The most adaptable and effective individual who worked there were the ones who could play both interchangeably. That's me. I utilize masculine or yin energy when necessary and I'm confident in that role. When I need to be nurturing then I can call upon that aspect of myself when need be...Outside of work this holds to true.

Blackempress

Wow! I love you people So much!!!!!! :love::kissing:

Will get to each response individually. You folks are right, the thread should've been 'Planetary effect of Yin/Yang' under the Ascendant cloak'!

greybeard

The air signs, for example, are associated with androgyny, but are classified as masculine because they are oriented toward the active judgment of the outside world.--Queen of Wands.

What is the oldest source you know of for this association of the Air signs with androgyny? Does it come out of the old sailing ship nomenclature, as in Hermaphrodite Brig? Are Air signs then associated with earthworms? I have always correlated Virgo with earthworms; perhaps I should have looked more closely at their sexual preferences.

I'm not sure I follow the logic in most of this thread. If I get it at all, it seems like men born under Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio....should be effeminate, sexually confused, ambivalent, or dressed in a tutu.

It is true that in horary astrology the sign-genders may be used to distinguish between a male and female, but in natal astrology the distinction is not so literal.

Masculine-Feminine signs are also referred to as: Generative-Formative, Yang-Yin, Positive-Negative, Active-Passive, and many other terms expressing a very wide array of polarities all of the same essential nature.

Arnold Schwarzenegger has 5 of 7 planets, plus the Ascendant, in feminine signs. Would you dare to say to Arnold, "You are a closet queen"? But then that conjunction of Mars with Uranus in ambiguous (dualistic) and androgynous Gemini has me wondering.

Last edited:

Our3Minds

The air signs, for example, are associated with androgyny, but are classified as masculine because they are oriented toward the active judgment of the outside world.--Queen of Wands.

What is the oldest source you know of for this association of the Air signs with androgyny? Does it come out of the old sailing ship nomenclature, as in Hermaphrodite Brig? Are Air signs then associated with earthworms? I have always correlated Virgo with earthworms; perhaps I should have looked more closely at their sexual preferences.

I'm not sure I follow the logic in most of this thread. If I get it at all, it seems like men born under Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio....should be effeminate, sexually confused, ambivalent, or dressed in a tutu.

It is true that in horary astrology the sign-genders may be used to distinguish between a male and female, but in natal astrology the distinction is not so literal.

Masculine-Feminine signs are also referred to as: Generative-Formative, Yang-Yin, Positive-Negative, Active-Passive, and many other terms expressing a very wide array of polarities all of the same essential nature.

Arnold Schwarzenegger has 5 of 7 planets, plus the Ascendant, in feminine signs. Would you dare to say to Arnold, "You are a closet queen"? But then that conjunction of Mars with Uranus in ambiguous (dualistic) and androgynous Gemini has me wondering.

I think it all has to do with our being able to rise above our male/female roles (stereotypes). Just because we have a penis doesn't mean we should be the rudest macho a**hole from wherever. Acknowledging we have within us a varying Mix of both male and feminine characteristics doesn't mean we will act queer, as you said. Being able to accept both sides within us is what makes us more compassionate and accepting of the differences we all have.

Passivity is a gift that allows us to turn the other cheek rather then letting the person have it with both fists. True humanity is a Mix of both Active and Passive behaviors. First we use diplomacy to settle our differences and if all else fails we get out the guns to force our way on them.

Society has come a long way from the usual male/female roles but sadly many men today still feel it's below them to help their "partner" (as in a team effort) to share the duties around the household and if my brother is any indication it seems Libra is one Sign that demands that separation between the sexes.

Our3minds

Last edited:

greybeard

Goodness.....and me a Male Chauvinist.

Where I come from, Men are Men and women tend to the chilluns.

I hate to be the one to point this out, but women do not have a penis or the hormones or the mindset of a man. They lack the overt aggression and physical strength of a man. In sum, they are biologically different and can never become a man. And vice-versa of course.

P.S. -- Give your brother a big hug for me.

At risk of being labeled a troglodyte, I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong with being a man (in the most primitive sense of the word). Men have, throughout history and since long before history was, protected and defended women and children. You do not accomplish this by being a nice guy and spending your days creating flower arrangements. The difference in the sexes is biological and runs very deep; it is not easily erased. Why some women want their little boys to grow up to become refined, gentle, caring women (a lie on its face) is beyond me. Such efforts can only result in deep internal conflicts on the part of the affected boy (who ends up thinking that being a man is a bad thing.)

Last edited:

Prisma

...women... lack the overt aggression and physical strength of a man...can never become a man. And vice-versa ...

--Obvously, you have not met someone like my mother (and actually, in the house, my father was the more "passive" one).

--Never say never :sideways:
All babies do have a set gender but they do all start off with female sex organs. This is because the male organs form from chemical stimulation of the female organs...
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_all_babies_in_a_mothers_womb_start_off_as_a_girl

...Individuals with complete androgen insensitivity syndrome (grades 6 and 7 on the Quigley scale) are born phenotypically female, without any signs of genital masculinization, despite having a 46,XY karyotype.[
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_androgen_insensitivity_syndrome#Diagnosis

So, in some way, dear Grey, you already have been one of us girls, albeit for a very short while. :wink:

Last edited:

Our3Minds

I hate to be the one to point this out, but women do not have a penis or the hormones or the mindset of a man. They lack the overt aggression and physical strength of a man. In sum, they are biologically different and can never become a man. And vice-versa of course.
And I thought you were an Aquarian. Look around you and you will see that many women do have the male aggressiveness in them but just not as out of control as some men.

We are not talking about how we become a man or a women, through bias and prejudged ideas from some of our parents and peers but about the inner traits that are present in all of us. Having just one male Sign can give a women some hint of maleness, depending on the Sign. Signs give us Active or Passive energies, Behaviors that have typically been thought to only belong to each of the sexes. In the old days our fathers were under the misconception that a man didn't cry and they instilled this erroneous info into to there male children for generations. It's time to come out of the dark ages and realized that as much as you believe in Astrology that these Yin/Yang behaviors do exist and that they are in each of us. Men can and will exhibit the softer Passive traits from their feminine Signs.

It doesn't make them fags just better lovers.

Our3minds

Blackempress

I prefer the terms yin and yang rather than masculine or feminine as I think that limits the perspective. I too have Pisces rising and a yin Taurus Moon with all other planets yang. I look feminine but really I am more "masculine" in outlook and have never had children or a family life that is conventional. This is not to say we are not real women but just active rather than passive and do better with other yang men overall.The ascendant, Moon and/or Sun being yin is powerful.Libran planets tend to bi sexuality anyway. I am never attracted to feminine men and like them rather macho but refined and not coarse.

Agreed with most of what you said, probably because we share the Libra dominance.

I'm not a manly man. In fact I think a lot of you think I'm a woman.

I had a hard time figuring that out too. Great that you spoke out!

Great thread Blackempress!

The first impression I give is that I am shy and ...feminine.
I don't feel very feminine, though. I don't even feel comfortable in dresses.

Pluto in Libra 1 degree conjucts ASC 26.30 degrees =yang
Saturn 27 degrees Gemini conjuct MC 26.30 Gemini =yang
Male-dominant thinking, male-dominant action.
I remember my mom once telling me that her doctor told her that she would give birth to a boy ... :lol:
I also love extreme sports.
If someone called me passive, I would consider that an insult haha.

I think, Venus in a tight trine to Mars, has saved the day for me...
otherwise I would probably never have had a proper relationship...:lol:

I was scrolling down & not surprised by the final result! Very Cool!

I am a very manly woman MENTALLY, mercury is my chart ruler and its in libra

Fire and air signs dominate ie libra sagitarius

I have sun libra square mars and also pluto conjunct ascendant

Having said all that I am very feminine too physically and emotionally

Tough Gal! :wink:

Blackempress

On an internal level I will say I am more female then male. I am a very emotionally dominated person, and I must work around my emotions as they are ever present. I have learned how to remain logical, and contain/control my emotional nature.

Bravo! If you're happy, everything is worth it!

i dont agree with the polarities.

also i think yin/yang is rooted deeper in looking past spatiotemporalities to the higher essence where each sign would be balanced.

IMO, air signs tend to balance both & though I don't think I've seen the Aquarius part of the Opp polarities showing but in Libra definitely. I have a big group of both the signs in my life. Gemini Is truly androgynous. I feel very Gemini-Like because of my mercury/Venus there & relate best to Androgyny even though Asc/Sun makes me look very feminine.

I sometimes look more... androgynous? I am feminine, can dress up, etc, not an obvious beauty but not all that ugly either (well, it depends on how I am feeling also, if depressed, do not care much about looks that day). I am modest. Like Moog, I get along better with the opposite sex. I am analytical and in some aspects, more pasive, shy, but social, I also internalize a lot.

Maybe those differences (the Mercury in Leo of chris10 vs. my Mercury in Cancer, the difference in the degrees in the asc-hers is late in the sign, mine is dead in the middle), the different Moons, among other factors, may account for some of the more assertive nature chris10 describes about herself.

It's fun, finding similarities amongst differences.

Not counting the outer planets, I have 6 planets in "masculine" signs including the Sun and Moon. Only Mercury is in a feminine sign (Cancer). My ascendant is also in a feminine sign (Capricorn). You might be tempted to conclude from that tally that I must be overwhelmingly masculine except in thought and verbal expression, but it's actually the opposite - I look and dress very girly but overwhelmingly prefer to talk to men. I am straight, but this preference extends to platonic contacts as well.

The Asc creates a cover for the underneath for many, so goes the same for you.
Thank you

I believe I am more feminine than most men, I'm also more creative than most. But I definitely have a strong masculine side as well as a strong feminine side, I feel I'm split. Venus conjunct Mars is the main aspect I put this down to.

I think generally creativity is linked with the Yin side but I find your description surprising because I would expect more Yang with the Aquarius/ Aries. Interesting anyways.

I utilize masculine or yin energy when necessary and I'm confident in that role. When I need to be nurturing then I can call upon that aspect of myself when need be...Outside of work this holds to true.

Good Mix!