Is Rahu bad or Good?

Blackempress

I was talking to a Vedic astrologer & he said I had Rahu Exalted. I don't know which house. I'm interested in learning what tis planet is about because Wiki says it's inauspicious. Also I learnt that for the next 18years I will have Rahu in Venus which might mean marriage & travel.
Can someone please tell me bout my Vedic interpretation? I have no clue on this! I'm eager to know bout my Professional ability. The man said it is likely surgery where I might even earn recognition. (Somehow I don't see it that way).

Here's the Link:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=885&pictureid=4736

Last edited:

Bina

I think he is generally considered malific in vedic astrology, because he is a demon and causes the eclipses, he is also said to create chaos.
But it depends on your chart, if well placed and aspected, Rahu can bring success, fame and material wealth.

Last edited:

Rajarshi

Rahu is in constellation of Jupiter in 5th house Gemini. Rahu is exalted and is with Sun the 7th lord. Rahu in 5th with 7th lord is a fortunate combination and you are passing through Rahu Dasa from 5th Feb 2001 and will end on 5th Feb 2019.

[FONT=&quot]RAH -18 Years[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From 5/ 2/01[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To 5/ 2/19[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RAH 17/10/03[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]JUP 11/ 3/06[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SAT 17/ 1/09[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MER 5/ 8/11[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]KET 23/ 8/12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]VEN 23/ 8/15[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SUN 17/ 7/16[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MON 17/ 1/18[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MAR 5/ 2/19[/FONT]

Presently, you are passing through Rahu- Venus which is extremely beneficial for you ( from 23.Aug 12 to 23 Aug 15) . Love marriage is indicated within this period as Venus is in constellation of Sun.

Rahu Sun 23.8.15 to 17.7.16 is good.

Rahu Moon 17.07.16 to 17.1.18 average.

Rahu Mars 17.01.18 to 5.2.19 very bad. You have to take astrological remedy (Prayers etc) to pass this bad time.

Regards

Rajarshi

Last edited:

Rajarshi

Mars in 8th house in Moon constellation is harming you.

In Vedic astrology, you are Mangalik implying having bad effect of Mars on marriage. You have to take protection from Mars through prayers etc during Rahu- Mars period to get protection from serious health problem of your husband.

For the same reason ( bad Mars) Surgery is not a good option for you.

Regards

Rajarshi

Last edited:

Blackempress

Rahu is in constellation of Jupiter in 5th house Gemini. Rahu is exalted and is with Sun the 7th lord. Rahu in 5th with 7th lord is a fortunate combination and you are passing through Rahu Dasa from 5th Feb 2001 and will end on 5th Feb 2019.
i

Any indication towards Career? That's a big issue for me.
Thank You so much.

Rajarshi

Any indication towards Career? That's a big issue for me.
Thank You so much.

Your ascendant is Aquarius and Venus is the most beneficial planet. Rahu also beneficial for you. Your career will get a boost for coming 4 years as Venus in 4th house ( dominant) aspecting your 10th house ( work & profession). Rahu and Sun are in 10th house from Moon sign Virgo. This also will ensure good career.

Your Moon is weak in 8th house ----- Psychiatry will not be a good line for you.

Mars is adverse: Surgery will not be favorable.

Venus is master of any applied science. Venus implies 'very competent, skilled and to do work in best possible manner" So, you should take that line of your profession where you can use these specialties of Venus.

You have three planets in 8th house. Saturn & Mars are adverse for you. Moon is weak in 8th. Your chart should be consulted for remedy of these three planets for removal of obstacles in life.

Regards

Rajarshi

Last edited:

Blackempress

Your ascendant is Aquarius and Venus is the most beneficial planet. Rahu also beneficial for you. Your career will get a boost for coming 4 years as Venus in 4th house ( dominant) aspecting your 10th house ( work & profession). Rahu and Sun are in 10th house from Moon sign Virgo. This also will ensure good career.

Your Moon is weak in 8th house ----- Psychiatry will not be a good line for you.

Venus is master of any applied science. Venus implies 'very competent, skilled and to do work in best possible manner" So, you should take that line of your profession where you can use these specialties of Venus.

You have three planets in 8th house. Saturn & Mars are adverse for you. Moon is weak in 8th. Your chart should be consulted for remedy of these three planets for removal of obstacles in life.

Regards

Rajarshi

I will certainly do some research in accordance to your suggestions & see if I can sort my life in some way.

Thank you very very much Sir.

crazedrat

Banned
There isn't a consensus on where Rahu is exalted. I've heard Taurus, Gemini, Virgo, Scorpio, and Aquarius all mentioned.

Rahu is the transformation into the future; the search for new perceptive experience; the endless reconsideration of new information; the need for more. Ketu always compliments rahu; Ketu reconciles the past; dismisses thoughts, dissolves perceptions; releases from pursuit.

Blackempress

There isn't a consensus on where Rahu is exalted. I've heard Taurus, Gemini, Virgo, Scorpio, and Aquarius all mentioned.

Rahu is the transformation into the future; the search for new perceptive experience; the endless reconsideration of new information; the need for more. Ketu always compliments rahu; Ketu reconciles the past; dismisses thoughts, dissolves perceptions; releases from pursuit.

Thank you.

Virinchi

Entire Rahu during 1997-2015 is neither complete Good nor complete Bad.
If it was bad, you wouldn't have studied medicine at all.
Past 3-4 years have been tough on your mind, emotions, relations and career.
I follow different method, so cant say much about your chart posted here

dr. farr

In Vedic astrology, one finds natural malefics and natural benefics (Sun, Mars, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu are classified as natural malefics) HOWEVER, depending upon the specific configurations of each chart, a natural malefic can become a FUNCTIONAL benefic for that specific chart-and, conversely, a natural benefic (Venus, Jupiter) can become a functional malefic under the appropriate conditions. So, while Rahu is classed as a natural malefic, it can become a functional BENEFIC under various circumstances.

(Note: many jyotish authors consider Rahu "like Saturn" and Ketu "like Mars"; my own view regarding the Nodes is a great variance with generally accepted Vedic doctrine, so I will refrain from presenting my opinion here, although my outlook is similar to that of the late C.S. Patel, who was a prominent late 20th century author on Vedic astrology)

Last edited:

Rajarshi

Regards

Rajarshi

see highlights above. Saturn is your ascendant lord and positioned in 8th house in Hasta ( adverse) constellation. Mars is also in 8th house in same constellation ( adverse). Mars & Saturn both are damaging each other and prospects of the chart.

Rahu in transit is in Libra and will move to 8th house Virgo in June 2014 and will not be able to do good ( as it will be upon natal Saturn & Mars).
You should not waste time and get full remedy from competent Vedic astrologer( faith permitting) to take advantage of present favourable sub dasa period.

Regards

Blackempress

Entire Rahu during 1997-2015 is neither complete Good nor complete Bad.
If it was bad, you wouldn't have studied medicine at all.
Past 3-4 years have been tough on your mind, emotions, relations and career.
I follow different method, so cant say much about your chart posted here

That's true about last 3 yrs being very tough in all sectors. The trial is not over yet but it's mildly better. Thanks

Blackempress

see highlights above. Saturn is your ascendant lord and positioned in 8th house in Hasta ( adverse) constellation. Mars is also in 8th house in same constellation ( adverse). Mars & Saturn both are damaging each other and prospects of the chart.

Rahu in transit is in Libra and will move to 8th house Virgo in June 2014 and will not be able to do good ( as it will be upon natal Saturn & Mars).
You should not waste time and get full remedy from competent Vedic astrologer( faith permitting) to take advantage of present favourable sub dasa period.

Regards

I took ur points in consideration. I dont know any Vedic astrologer but did opt for psychiatry training. Not happy but nevertheless.

I hv no idea how to fix my life so just going with the flow.

In Vedic astrology, one finds natural malefics and natural benefics (Sun, Mars, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu are classified as natural malefics) HOWEVER, depending upon the specific configurations of each chart, a natural malefic can become a FUNCTIONAL benefic for that specific chart-and, conversely, a natural benefic (Venus, Jupiter) can become a functional malefic under the appropriate conditions. So, while Rahu is classed as a natural malefic, it can become a functional BENEFIC under various circumstances.

(Note: many jyotish authors consider Rahu "like Saturn" and Ketu "like Mars"; my own view regarding the Nodes is a great variance with generally accepted Vedic doctrine, so I will refrain from presenting my opinion here, although my outlook is similar to that of the late C.S. Patel, who was a prominent late 20th century author on Vedic astrology)

Dr.Farr that was a nice spotlight. Ty

Virinchi

Trial will be almost done this summer and after october, it'll be over.
You need to understand or think back who ******* up (wrong word ?) life since 2010.
If it was not you, then you can't fix it.
If life has created a mess on its own, then it will fix too on its own by end of this year.

There is a big positive change coming after May but you won't be much satisfied with its outcome as you might feel someone has robbed away some part of what you deserved.

There is so much to say about remaining months of rahu dasa but i dont know your exact coo-ordinates of birth place, so cant get precise details.

What i see from partial info here is matters related to heart, money and career have bothered you since 2010
You wish to open wings and fly but again feel restricted

Your upcoming Jupiter dasa between 2015-31 is also similar.
You need to be explained and made understood how this world around you is treating you and what they expect from you.

Blackempress

Trial will be almost done this summer and after october, it'll be over.
You need to understand or think back who ******* up (wrong word ?) life since 2010.
If it was not you, then you can't fix it.
If life has created a mess on its own, then it will fix too on its own by end of this year.

There is a big positive change coming after May but you won't be much satisfied with its outcome as you might feel someone has robbed away some part of what you deserved.

There is so much to say about remaining months of rahu dasa but i dont know your exact coo-ordinates of birth place, so cant get precise details.

What i see from partial info here is matters related to heart, money and career have bothered you since 2010
You wish to open wings and fly but again feel restricted

Your upcoming Jupiter dasa between 2015-31 is also similar.
You need to be explained and made understood how this world around you is treating you and what they expect from you.

These little pointers help a long way. I'll reflect over the years but there is no exact 'relationship' to blame. Career path is a big challenge due to sun-moon conflicts.
Jupiter Dasha looks similar? No rest huh? According to numerology my pinnacles are 6, 8 , 8 .. so it's always the hard road.

I can PM you details if u would be kind enough to spare me some time.

Thanks alot