Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Gemini888

It’s probably not as neat correspondence as you would prefer, especially not like 12/12. But I like the loose reflection of characteristics of astrological planets plus flexibility / additional dimensionality. (Uh, I’ve only watched a couple of YouTube lectures, but that’s what the archetypal energy of the system seemed to offer.) It seems to create space not just for the houses, quirks, potential aspect combinations, but also for the eternity of the characters. They can participate in many stories, like the Hindu gods. There are so many different flavors of mantras that can work on planetary energy.
Passiflora, how long have you been into magic? I ask because most "magicians" I see online are playing the stereotyped "cloaked man/woman making boiling potions and placing curses everywhere". I see people taking photos of potions that no one knows what's for. I see pictures of supposed "tools" like crystals and wands, vague quotes of what being a magician is like. And that makes me doubt the validity of the practice (but then again I see those people of Facebook so... :tongue:) So if you are a veteran magician I'd like to hear you debunking some myths :love:

Gemini888

I might learn something I can use in the context of 12/12. I know quite a bit about the Egyptian culture already--enough to know it wasn't monolithic. A different angle of view can trigger new insights regarding the dynamic uncertainty of astrology.
Start by scanning the manual. 12/12 is a system based heavily on mythology so if you are able to find something useful there it would be beneficial for you.

conspiracy theorist

It's voluminous, and it's heavily practical. How much time do you have? All the lessons can be found on her site. And a lot of insight and knowledge is supposed to come from direct contact and interaction. One can gain a lot from reading it, though.

david starling

One of the first things I noticed about the tropical Age of Sign #8, epitomized by ancient Egypt, were the 8 primal deities. The power #7 goes back to Uruk in the Age of Libra, the Greco-Roman 9 Muses to the Age of Sagittarius, and the base-10 decimal system to the Age of Capricorn.

david starling

The as-above-so-below, double pyramid is 8-sided. Points upwards toward the Heavens, and downwards, towards the Underworld. It bugs me that there's so much denial concerning the Egyptian ability to construct the pyramids at Giza. They were a perfect result of the foremost culture of that Age of Scorpio.

Gemini888

The as-above-so-below, double pyramid is 8-sided. Points upwards toward the Heavens, and downwards, towards the Underworld. It bugs me that there's so much denial concerning the Egyptian ability to construct the pyramids at Giza. They were a perfect result of the foremost culture of that Age of Scorpio.
Who is in denial?

david starling

I know what you mean actually! Magic isn’t really amenable to spectators. I don’t think of myself as a magician because I haven’t committed to a path. More as a person who loves learning and at some point realized that learning without practice is largely voyeuristic. Anyone with a religion has some experience of what I would call magic. In Christianity for example the orthodox churches, Catholicism, Episcopalianism, and the pentecostal sects seem magical. Waybread also mentioned Mormonism. Were you raised in a religion or feel you have any experience like this?

Do you consider astrology magical?

Gemini888

I know what you mean actually! Magic isn’t really amenable to spectators. I don’t think of myself as a magician because I haven’t committed to a path. More as a person who loves learning and at some point realized that learning without practice is largely voyeuristic. Anyone with a religion has some experience of what I would call magic. In Christianity for example the orthodox churches, Catholicism, Episcopalianism, and the pentecostal sects seem magical. Waybread also mentioned Mormonism. Were you raised in a religion or feel you have any experience like this?
Religion is a weird thing in my country. Most people don't really commit to an "official" religion like Buddhism or Christian, but they believe that some higher force is watching over them. Usually the higher force comes in the form of traditional "gods" like the Gods of Weather or Gods of Wealth, the gods that ancient people used to worship before official religions came to the country. It's actually a dirty secret that not many people want to admit. People would like to think they belong to an accepted religion, but unless they are truly committed, they just treat Buddha or Jesus the same way they treat the ancient gods.

So that's the context of my religious upbringing. In a way I'd say I didn't grow up with any religion at all. I was instead taught the things about the ancient gods. That could be what I'm seeing from the "magicians" I told you about.

david starling

Religion is a weird thing in my country. Most people don't really commit to an "official" religion like Buddhism or Christian, but they believe that some higher force is watching over them. Usually the higher force comes in the form of traditional "gods" like the Gods of Weather or Gods of Wealth, the gods that ancient people used to worship before official religions came to the country. It's actually a dirty secret that not many people want to admit. People would like to think they belong to an accepted religion, but unless they are truly committed, they just treat Buddha or Jesus the same way they treat the ancient gods.

So that's the context of my religious upbringing. In a way I'd say I didn't grow up with any religion at all. I was instead taught the things about the ancient gods. That could be what I'm seeing from the "magicians" I told you about.

Which ancient gods? :unsure:

Gemini888

That makes sense as it’s true everywhere, civil routines and ancestral rituals and even newer widespread religions are grafted onto older and local ones I suppose?
Are you in China, or Taiwan?
Anything you would recommend reading in English to learn about the old gods?
The Gods of Wealth (actually wealth, status and longevity): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanxing_(deities)

Another God of Weath: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caishen

The God of Land: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tudigong

Just some of the most popular gods for you to get started.

Ukpoohbear

I’m very worried about Brazil. The 1000s of animals being burns out of their homes but it’s also shed led on this Bolsonaro guy, he’s so intent on his own ego that he doesn’t care abut the planet.

This was followed by a broken sleep with a recurring dream I am hiding like a Jew from Nazi’s, except it’s ISIS I am hiding from and they caught me.

Looks like it’s time for a cup of tea and cuddles from the cats. (Good morning).

david starling

I’m very worried about Brazil. The 1000s of animals being burns out of their homes but it’s also shed led on this Bolsonaro guy, he’s so intent on his own ego that he doesn’t care abut the planet.

This was followed by a broken sleep with a recurring dream I am hiding like a Jew from Nazi’s, except it’s ISIS I am hiding from and they caught me.

Looks like it’s time for a cup of tea and cuddles from the cats. (Good morning).

We have one of that type here, in the U.S. You stated it perfectly.

Ukpoohbear

We have one of that type here, in the U.S. You stated it perfectly.

I don’t want to get into politics with you (neither to start a debate or because it’s not what I’m getting at), but what do you think of the theory that Trump was necessary to get rid of the Clinton establishment?

Do you remember the chart I showed you a few months ago of an old advisor friend who I insisted was the real deal and after looking at his chart you said in 12/12 it was a strong chart, well he said Trump was destined to get rid of the Clintons because he wouldn't back down and another adviser friend thinks global warming is a conspiracy because other parts of the planet are cooling down, which coincides with Trump withdrawing from the Paris Agreement to stop global warming.

Ukpoohbear

I was basically wondering your views on if Trump was necessary to get rid of the Clinton’s kind of like Churchill was necessary to get rid of Hitler?