Are his signals real?

Wrt2lv

I'll just cliff notes this so it's not a novel:
-I'm out as gay, he is pretty adamant that he is straight.
- I'm a poet, he's a songwriter/musician.
- We became friends after he hit me up to collaborate on some projects.
- I love his music, he loves my writing.
- He plays a gig that I go to, during which he insists on reading some of my writing. He's very flattering about it but I don't think anything odd.
- Later we celebrate and get quite inebriated. He ends up crashing at my place where we drink more and talk more. He makes some rather un-heterosexual overtures (like saying what he would do to me "if he were gay" and generally a lot of really intimate touching). I didn't concede to any of these because 1) I'm really guarded/cautious and 2) I value his friendship and didn't want to do something he'd regret once sober.

Thing is, up till that night I'd never been confused about our relationship. We're really good friends and admire each others' art, but I thought that was it based on how obviously straight he seemed (many girlfriends, no history with men at all) and how often he reminded me of his straightness. NOW I'm confused.

Attached is our synastry chart. I'm mostly curious if there's a clue whether his feelings toward me actually are (or are becoming) romantic, or if it's just my wishful thinking (I am very into him, always have been).

Thanks for any insights!!

Edit: it won't let me attach at the moment for some reason. Chart coming asap. I can say I'm Capricorn (Neptune-dominant, Neptune cazimi sun) and he's Pisces. His moon conjunction both my Neptune and sun in Capricorn (my 12th house, his 7th) in fact we both have stelliums in Capricorn that overlap.

Attachments

• astro_61gw_anonymous_anonymous.79811.10340.jpg
    astro_61gw_anonymous_anonymous.79811.10340.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Wrt2lv

OK, the chart is attached. There's no question that we have a strong connection in my mind, but I'm just curious if he might actually be starting to think of me as more than a friend.

IleneK

Premium Member
I don't think synastry can ascertain if feelings between two parties are romantic or deeply platonic. It just shows where there are favorable and unfavorable connections. For example, two hetero girlfriends could have a venus mars trine, really like each other, and be heteoxsexual. You couldn't really tell if there was gay interest unless you ask them.

You probably could get a better answer by posing the question like, "Is this fellow interested in me romantically?" and then note the time and create and upload the chart for the question in the Relational Horary forum.